*Author

Offline worldwideweb3Topic starter

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257727#msg1257727
« on: February 20, 2017, 07:09:11 pm »
There's an insert quote function?
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257728#msg1257728
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 07:16:07 pm »
KEK

(start writing a post, scroll down, look next to the name/timestamp of previous posts)

Offline worldwideweb3Topic starter

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257735#msg1257735
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:03:14 pm »
KEK

(start writing a post, scroll down, look next to the name/timestamp of previous posts)

That makes it so much easier! I use to click quote then copy paste the quote if I had to quote in more than one thing...took so long
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257736#msg1257736
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »
Wait what? How does the Quote butotn work for you? Both the "Insert Quote" in the reply screen as well as the normal "Quote" button when using quick reply works in the same way for me. Maybe it's a setting I have enabled?
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257760#msg1257760
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 09:41:12 pm »
Split this off from the CO voting topic.

(sidenote: anyone having troubles using "insert quote" function? seems to not function for me)

It's working for me. Any errors in your JavaScript console? Which OS, OS version, browser, and browser version?

Wait what? How does the Quote butotn work for you? Both the "Insert Quote" in the reply screen as well as the normal "Quote" button when using quick reply works in the same way for me. Maybe it's a setting I have enabled?

The "Quote" link on a post should move you to a new page and start a new reply composer.

While in the reply editor, the "Insert Quote" links below the composer should simply insert the post quotes into your current reply composition.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257780#msg1257780
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:47:22 pm »
That's not what happening for me. The Quote button inserts the quote in my quick-reply at the bottom of the page, without starting a new page or anything. Is it because I have quick-reply enabled? Is that not default?

KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
Re: Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257787#msg1257787
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 11:14:08 pm »
Apparently quick-reply is not on by default, which I had forgotten. I have used it for as long as I can remember. I even forgot there was a "reply" button, I tend toi just click preview on the quick-reply form to jump to the normal reply-page. I assume that is why my quote buttons work differently.

KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257789#msg1257789
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 11:26:01 pm »
Split this off from the CO voting topic.

(sidenote: anyone having troubles using "insert quote" function? seems to not function for me)

It's working for me. Any errors in your JavaScript console? Which OS, OS version, browser, and browser version?

The "Quote" link on a post should move you to a new page and start a new reply composer.

While in the reply editor, the "Insert Quote" links below the composer should simply insert the post quotes into your current reply composition.

I'm going to assume it's an outdated browser on my PC, works fine on most recent Chrome on Galaxy S6. Will report back when updated.

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Issue: Forum Quote Functions https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64218.msg1257793#msg1257793
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 11:48:47 pm »
Apparently quick-reply is not on by default, which I had forgotten. I have used it for as long as I can remember. I even forgot there was a "reply" button, I tend toi just click preview on the quick-reply form to jump to the normal reply-page. I assume that is why my quote buttons work differently.

This is also true if you don't have it on by default and instead simply scroll to the bottom and expand the Quick Reply. This will change all the Quote links to instead paste the quoted post into the quick reply textarea.

"Insert Quote" only appears below the reply composer and works the same way for both cases.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

blarg: Amashi