*Author

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1303662#msg1303662
« on: November 05, 2020, 09:08:46 pm »
Hi. I paint Warhammer 40k Models. I just started about 3 weeks ago. First time painting anything. Ill post more as i do more.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Ork Runtherd. I tried to make the ball in his shock prod glow, but it ended up just looking messy. Still figuring out the glow thing

Spoiler for Hidden:
Ork Nob with flame gun. Surprisngly, the most expensive unit in my Ork army. I tried to make the barrel of the flamer heat treated. Looks better in person but im pretty happy with this. The black nub on his head was a ponytail that broke off :(. This is the 3rd model i ever did.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1303663#msg1303663
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 09:12:44 pm »
Something so inspiring about 3d models in color, looks great!
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1303665#msg1303665
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 04:56:04 pm »
Any advice for an absolute noob? I'm about to get a -ton- of minis from a kickstarter I backed and don't know diddly-squat about painting.
Your favorite Hotyugh

• Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1303666#msg1303666
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 06:02:41 pm »
Any advice for an absolute noob? I'm about to get a -ton- of minis from a kickstarter I backed and don't know diddly-squat about painting.

Im still a beginner as well, but if i could offer advice:

Number one most important rule! Thin your paints well. Not too thin, but not too thick. Its too thin if the paint runs all over the miniature. Too thick if it starts to cover up details. You pretty much want to do 2 thin coats for each piece.

For paints i recommend Citadel. Expensive but the absolute best imo. Vallejo makes some good paints too but their colors are limited.

Dont worry about messing up. Stripping them of paint is easy, and its easier if you do thin coats. Simple Green all purpose cleaner will strip the miniatures without messing up details. Just toss it in a glass of Simple Green over night then take a toothbrush to it and bam, good as new.

When priming them, thinner is better. You never want to cover up details. Ive had good experience with just spray can primer as opposed to brush on primer.

Here is a good video on what thinned paints should look like and what happens when you dont thin them enough. Also offers some good advice.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1303667#msg1303667
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 07:34:30 pm »
 My first "Human" (actually called a Space Wolf chapter Astartes. Essentially a Viking inspird super human from the 41st millennium.) Eyes are hard. Will probably end up redoing. I think i just need to make the whites of his eyes smaller. Sadly, i've redone it so many times now that i worried about covering up the face details with another coat of paint.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Here is a picture showing the size of these guys. Here is a pen cap next to him. You can imagine that the tip of my smallest paint brush is about the size of his entire eye socket. Hard to get pupils in when this is the case.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1303825#msg1303825
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 07:13:34 pm »
Another Space Wolf. This time, i went a little easier on the highlights. I have another almost finished where i did almost no highlighting ill be sharing soon after some touchups. I think it looks a lot less cluttered and cleaner.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1304061#msg1304061
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 12:06:34 am »
So i need some help deciding which skin color looks best. Im honestly torn between the 3. I probably wont do the middle orks skin color anymore as it is a pain in the butt and impossible to get perfectly consistent, but i could use advice on which of the 2 Kommandos on each side looks best skin wise.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1304062#msg1304062
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 12:09:39 am »
I prefer the more vibrant skin on the left.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1304063#msg1304063
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 12:15:25 am »
I prefer the more vibrant skin on the left.

Sweet. Its an easy one to do too.

btw, did you get to start painting all those miniatures you mentioned getting? Are they Warhammer miniatures?

Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1304238#msg1304238
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 12:46:29 am »
Here is my second to latest finished Ork Boy. I finally felt comfortable enough to take an exacto knife to one of my bits. I had to shave much of the marines head off so that the model can stand on both it and the actual base. Personally, i absolutely love it. Everyone i have showed it to has not noticed the marines head tho, and i kinda wanted it to be a focal point. Its probably a lot more noticeable in a picture than in person as the head is about the size of a pea cut in half. This was also my first attempt at freehand checkers and they came out totally fabulous i think. I do plan on adding more to the base, i just dont have the materials yet.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1304239#msg1304239
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 12:47:44 am »
oh that's really creative, I love that
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Re: MasterWalks' Minatures https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68088.msg1304623#msg1304623
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 09:07:34 pm »
Hey all. Working on 2 really big models. A Vehicle and the model voted best model in 2020, Ghazghkull Thraka! I should have Ghaz done within a week and the vehicle shortly after.

I will not be posting here anymore. If you would like to see my models or if you wanna talk about warhammer models, i made a instagram just for my paintings. Nothing personal, just models i have painted. I do not follow back just a heads up.
Here is the link if you wanna follow! https://www.instagram.com/walkerswarhammercreations/

anything
blarg: