*Author

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Award icons for Elements Community Awards 2011 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34536.msg436162#msg436162
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 03:05:00 am »
I tried using some icons for each category:

Hmm ... I'm not too sure about them. Reducing the size would also make the icons harder to distinguish ... Someone else could probably do a better job.
If you could make the images darker in the middle i think they are great.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: Award icons for Elements Community Awards 2011 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34536.msg436172#msg436172
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:00 am »
I think 1. Same icon for everyone, hover-text tells the details is the best option.  Having 2011 clearly on the icon is the most important because going forward it allows the icons to be distinguishable from next years icons.

I suggest the gold icon with 2011 across the middle and scaled down to a smaller size, with hover text for the specific award.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Award icons for Elements Community Awards 2011 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34536.msg436182#msg436182
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 04:10:47 am »
More distinguishable icons:

A bit smaller:

Alternatively, here it is with the year:

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Award icons for Elements Community Awards 2011 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34536.msg436188#msg436188
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 04:23:50 am »
I like it with the year, personally. If we want an icon, I like the Star medal.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Award icons for Elements Community Awards 2011 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34536.msg446015#msg446015
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »
More distinguishable icons:

A bit smaller:

Alternatively, here it is with the year:

I think the 1st set is the Best - these awards only come once a year so they should be slightly bigger than the usual awards, and having different icons for each winner is a nice way to distinguish them so people remember what they won.

rockzo

Re: Award icons for Elements Community Awards 2011 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34536.msg446044#msg446044
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 01:12:58 am »
I thought it would be fun to try and make one.
It turned out kinda...eh.

I thought i'd share it anyway. :P

blarg: