*Author

Lord_Jadem

Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg400688#msg400688
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2011, 03:37:39 pm »
      This is a nice thread.  I almost wonder if some of the card specific notes should also be added the individual card threads as Notes of play.

A couple more notes:

• A creature with momentum bypasses gravity pulled creatures.
      • A creature with venom will only poison opponent 2 times instead of 4 when using adrenaline.
      • Sanctuary prevents the new gain light quanta ability of solar shield.  This one almost seems like a bug...
      • A spark is a creature not a spell.  If it is buffed to 1 or more hp it will stay until killed.
      • Otyugh's favorite meal is frog legs with red wine.
      • Rewind now turns a skeleton into random creature (including another skeleton) so will not cause it to be returned to hand.
      • A creature with vampire ability that is given antimatter will heal its opponent and damage its owner.
      • A shard of readiness does not work with photosynthesis (rustler).
      • Mitosis creates a new creature with original abilities and stats, not a copy.
      • Creatures with 0 strength do not trigger shield affects.
      • Spine Carapace reduces damage by 1 and will not infect creatures with 1 strength.
      • You can hover over a creature card to see 'hidden' abilities such as airborn and see how many rounds it will be frozen/delayed etc as well as its current/max hp (important for next note).
      • A voodoo doll that is copied (Parallel/Twin Universe) will instantly deal opponent damage equal to difference in current hp and its max hp.  If copied doll has 1hp out of 20 - 19 damage.
      • Shards of Gratitude and Sanctuary heal after creature attacks but before weapon does. Vampire ability, Regeneration and Empathic Bond healing occurs at time of attack  This can be important when trying to get Elemental Mastery.
      • A mutated creature retains status affects such as poison, gravity pull, momentum and adrenaline.
      • Playing quintessence on a frozen creature will remove the frozen affect, but poison will remain.
      • Purify has a cumulative healing effect that works like poison in reverse.  Adding poison to it detracts from the healing.  So if you have +3 purify applying poison will reduce it to +2.
      • Nightfall affects all Dark/Death creatures on both sides.  Stealing a Nightfall has no real effect.
      • Drain Life can be used as a euphamism for Elements the Game.
      OK.  It was more than a couple.  Not sure if how many of those will be deemed useful, but there it is.

Thanks for playing.  Better luck next time.  The check is indeed in the mail.

Offline ElementalDearWatson

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ElementalDearWatson is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg425222#msg425222
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2011, 09:29:18 am »
The Shard of Void reduces your life after poison has already been taken off.  So if you're poisoned for 2 HP every turn and your opponent has 2 Shards of Void, don't waste any healing as at the end of your turn you'll be at full health anyway.

Offline ElementalDearWatson

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ElementalDearWatson is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg427368#msg427368
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06:48 pm »
One I discovered to my cost today:

If you have a deck in the Arena and the Oracle gives you a card which is the same as the card he gave you to build your Arena deck, you can't build a new deck.

Dengeki

Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg431346#msg431346
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2011, 08:17:17 am »
 :darkness i really like what you have done here, it is very helpfull even though by the time i got to joining forums, i have already learned all this the hard way.
 :water also flooding doesnt kill a creature that is burrowed, atleast not from my experiences.

Offline oblivion1212

• Reputation Power: 5
  • oblivion1212 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Shard Farm
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg431364#msg431364
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2011, 10:01:21 am »
Wild wall of text appeared!
  • "Muntant" status can now be lobotomized
  • You can't use abilities from newly-twinned creatures
  • Stolen permanents can't be used at the same turn they were stolen
(knowledge of summoning sickness = pretty important in desperate times)
  • Bonewall works as a "stacked" permanent (maybe everyone playing knows this, but for the newbies, yeah)
  • Momentum damage doesn't "yellow-up" the HP bar (annoying, really)
  • Refreshing the oracle page will waste your oracle spin
  • If you cancel the last win you need for a special spin, you still have complete rings (i.e., say i won 3 times in plat, and BEFORE the special spin, let's say i canceled right before the special spin, i still get a special spin, provided that i win the next game)
  • A Fate Egg can hatch into a fate egg (same with rewinding skelly)
  • Giving immortality to a frozen creature removes its frozen status. Delayed creatures don't lose delay status upon immortalization (such word exist?? XD)
  • Purify heals you on the first attack your enemy does
  • Webbing a Deja Vu and using its skill will yield in an airborne Deja Vu
  • SoR + Fate Egg = one hatch, 2 creatures at once; SoR + Deja Vu = castable 2x, loses skill at second use
  • Flying a frozen weapon will remove its frozen status, but summoning sickness applies
  • On a full field, flying a weapon will remove it from its weapon slot, but it doesn't go to your field (your weapon is destroyed, in short)
  • Whatever happens to voodoo doll also happens to the opposing player --> frozen/delayed doll = frozen/delayed weapon slot
  • Replacing a frozen/delayed weapon will result in a new frozen/delayed weapon --> the weapon slot is affected, not the actual weapon
  • Stealing a sundial will reset its turn count
  • Neurotoxin stacks with other poison
  • Frozen creatures deal more damage when catapult'ed. Poisoned creatures apply poison to the enemy when catapult'ed. Catapult can't be reflected.
  • Twinning a chimera will pull your creatures together into a chimera
  • Chaos Power's buff range is between  +0|+0 and +5|+5 and favors hp over attack
  • Improved Mutation results in a "Chaos Power-ed" version of the resultant creature
  • /obvious Flying a weapon will give it "airborne" /obvious
  • Stealing a Cloak resets its turn counter
  • Butterfly Effect and Mitosis causes summoning sickness to the target creature
  • Twinning a poisoned voodoo doll doesn't double the poison counters on the opposing player
  • Targeted spells can only be reflected once
  • Pandemonium and Chaos Seed don't buff (blessing/basilisk's blood/rage potion/etc.)
  • Stealing a Dim Shield doesn't reset its turn count
  • Chuck Norris' pet lizard was renamed into :fire Ruby Dragon (not sure if it was ruby or light)

maybe some here are known/said already, but it's all i remember at the moment. Hope this helps :D
>>protip for the mods: why not change this thread's title into "Random Facts About Elements"  :)) :)) :))

EDIT:
>Removed "Guard" delay stacking; it's written, didn't notice it at first XD
>Removed (IIRC), tested in trainer :))
>Removed something about discord

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg431398#msg431398
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2011, 01:05:40 pm »
Wild wall of text appeared!
  • "Muntant" status can now be lobotomized
  • You can't use abilities from newly-twinned creatures
  • Stolen permanents can't be used at the same turn they were stolen
(summoning sickness = pretty important in desperate times)
  • Bonewall works as a "stacked" permanent (maybe everyone playing knows this, but for the newbies, yeah)
  • Momentum damage doesn't "yellow-up" the HP bar (annoying, really)
  • Refreshing the oracle page will waste your oracle spin
  • If you cancel the last win you need for a special spin, you still have complete rings (i.e., say i won 3 times in plat, and BEFORE the special spin, let's say i canceled right before the special spin, i still get a special spin, provided that i win the next game)
  • A Fate Egg can hatch into a fate egg (same with rewinding skelly)
  • Giving immortality to a frozen creature removes its frozen status. Delayed creatures don't lose delay status upon immortalization (such word exist?? XD)
  • Purify heals you on the first attack your enemy does
  • Webbing a Deja Vu and using its skill will yield in an airborne Deja Vu
  • SoR + Fate Egg = one hatch, 2 creatures at once; SoR + Deja Vu = castable 2x, loses skill at second use
  • Flying a frozen weapon will remove its frozen status, but summoning sickness applies
  • On a full field, flying a weapon will remove it from its weapon slot, but it doesn't go to your field (your weapon is destroyed, in short)
  • Whatever happens to voodoo doll also happens to the opposing player --> frozen/delayed doll = frozen/delayed weapon slot
  • Discord "destroys" some quanta then "gives" quanta to the opposing player --> there are cases where the redistribution results in a loss of quanta (~1 i think)
  • Replacing a frozen/delayed weapon will result in a new frozen/delayed weapon --> the weapon slot is affected, not the actual weapon
  • Stealing a sundial will reset its turn count
  • Neurotoxin stacks with other poison
  • Frozen creatures deal more damage when catapult'ed. Poisoned creatures apply poison to the enemy when catapult'ed. Catapult can't be reflected.
  • Twinning a chimera will pull your creatures together into a chimera
  • Chaos Power's buff range is between  +0|+0 and +5|+5 (IIRC) and favors hp over attack
  • Improved Mutation results in a "Chaos Power-ed" version of the resultant creature
  • Infection damage (creature poison), freeze, acceleration, and delay count creature turns, not actual turns, that is, creature attack; putting adrenaline on a frozen 1|2 :life scorpion will unfreeze it and allow it to attack (since 5 attacks as compared to 3 frozen turns). This is a good way to kill creatures quickly (if you have a :life nymph, because you will want to adrenaline your creatures in most cases). Also, for each attack there seems to be a pattern as to the application of poison/quanta steal (devourer) skill, every other attack (IIRC)
  • /obvious Flying a weapon will give it "airborne" /obvious
  • Stealing a Cloak resets its turn counter
  • Butterfly Effect and Mitosis causes summoning sickness to the target creature
  • Twinning a poisoned voodoo doll doesn't double the poison counters on the opposing player
  • Targeted spells can only be reflected once
  • Pandemonium and Chaos Seed don't buff (blessing/basilisk's blood/rage potion/etc.)
  • Stealing a Dim Shield doesn't reset its turn count
  • "Guard" skill delay stacks (IIRC)
  • Chuck Norris' pet lizard was renamed into :fire Ruby Dragon (not sure if it was ruby or light)

maybe some here are known/said already, but it's all i remember at the moment. Hope this helps :D
>>protip for the mods: why not change this thread's title into "Random Facts About Elements"  :)) :)) :))
protip: Check everything in a list so that the things that aren't wrong sound credible..

Offline pvpmister

• Reputation Power: 2
  • pvpmister is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Poison <3
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg438980#msg438980
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:10 pm »
helped ty  ;D
Poision FTW <3 <3 <3 <3

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg439273#msg439273
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2011, 05:32:17 pm »
[...]
-SoR + Fate Egg = one hatch, 2 creatures at once; SoR + Deja Vu = castable 2x, loses skill at second use
Not now, Deja Vu only creates one copy. Fate Egg still creates 2 creatures
[...]
-Chaos Power's buff range is between  +0|+0 and +5|+5 and favors hp over attack
Where have you read that Chaos Power favors hp over attack ?
-Butterfly Effect and Mitosis causes summoning sickness to the target creature
 I tried it and can falsify that. If you use Mitosis or Butterfly Effect on a creature , which shouldn´t have summoning sickness (2nd turn), it can use the skill immediately
[...]
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg439276#msg439276
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2011, 05:45:13 pm »
Isn't Chaos Power's minimum buff +1/+1, not +0/+0?

Offline oblivion1212

• Reputation Power: 5
  • oblivion1212 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Shard Farm
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg439343#msg439343
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »
Isn't Chaos Power's minimum buff +1/+1, not +0/+0?
[...]
-SoR + Fate Egg = one hatch, 2 creatures at once; SoR + Deja Vu = castable 2x, loses skill at second use
Not now, Deja Vu only creates one copy. Fate Egg still creates 2 creatures
[...]
-Chaos Power's buff range is between  +0|+0 and +5|+5 and favors hp over attack
Where have you read that Chaos Power favors hp over attack ?
-Butterfly Effect and Mitosis causes summoning sickness to the target creature
 I tried it and can falsify that. If you use Mitosis or Butterfly Effect on a creature , which shouldn´t have summoning sickness (2nd turn), it can use the skill immediately
[...]
Stand corrected. Twice. Like a boss. To whoever read my huge wall of text, listen to the corrections, they're right  :D :D

>on the dejavu, that's a pretty sad change :|
>yea, chaos power's minimum is +1|+1, it'd be pointless if you can get +0|+0, chaos power's hp>attack is pretty noticeable if you try buffing a spark/gemfinder a few times..
not totally sure about it, but it seems like that's the case
>sorry about mitosis, but the BE, i'm still pretty unsure if AI just doesn't use it OR it really causes summoning sickness..

once again, thank you for pointing out errors  :-* :-*

silux

Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg439554#msg439554
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2011, 10:58:30 am »
About chaos power you can't say that gives more attack than defense from a few experiments.
All the combinations are 5*5, and after that you must prove that attack is greater than defense in the 56% of the cases.
If you don't have a computer do it for you, you can still ask the exact formula to Zanzarino.
Each result has the same scientifical evidence.

Edit

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: What the cards don't tell you... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4461.msg439578#msg439578
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2011, 01:14:37 pm »
All the combinations are 5!*5!
No. only 25=5*5.
Because of simplicity of programming I assume that zanz uses a function like Math.random() for Chaos Power ,which creates uniformly distributed numbers.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

anything
blarg: