*Author

Offline XenocidiusTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
1.29 Newbie Tutorial: Becoming Rich the Fun Way https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg367297#msg367297
« on: July 17, 2011, 03:55:06 am »
Newbie Tutorial: Becoming Rich the Fun Way

It has come to my attention that nearly all of the guides in the Tutorials section of the forums are completely outdated. I have seen many newbies who have been misled by the advice given in the year-old threads, and wasted money on decks that do not work anymore.

This tutorial aims to help newbies become rich gradually, so that instead of mindlessly grinding for hours on end, they can play the game at their own pace, the way it should be: fun!

I may use some Elements abbreviations in this tutorial. If you are confused, you can refer to the Elements Glossary.

I remember starting the game, the joy I felt when I built a decent AI3 farming deck, and then when I built a decent False God farming deck. About a year later, I now have 80K+ score, half my non-pillar cards are upgraded, and I own countless AI3 and False God farming decks.

Of course, that was all the way back in 1.25. It is now 1.28x, and times have changed. This is how I would go about it today:

Step One: The Beginning

First you'll want to create your account. Pick a good username, it will stick with you forever. You'll also want to choose one of the elements. Pick the one that you like the best - all of them are good.

Note that the element you pick simply determines the deck you are given to start off with. Later in the game you will gain cards from ALL the elements.

That was easy, wasn't it? Now that you've done that, you'll notice the quest button. The following step can be taken before you begin the quests, but can also be done after the first or second quest. Do whatever you want, it's a game!

Step Two: Rising Power

Now you'll want to create a decent AI3 farming deck. See this excellent topic to build the deck appropriate to your element.

You now have a deck that can beat AI3, the Elders! They are all fast and effective, and can gain you money and score fairly fast. You can also win cards from spins after you beat them, including rare weapons!

While you're racking up money, feel free to check out some other decks in the forums.

If you're having money troubles, read this thread to help you manage it.

Be sure to check out this thread as well. The Trainer, in particular, is useful for testing new decks without wasting money on them.

Step Three: Rare Weapons

When you have 500 score, complete the final quest. This will allow you to choose a rare weapon. You can choose any weapon (this thread gives some good advice), but for the purposes of this tutorial, I'd choose Lobotomizer.

You'll notice that you can now fight False Gods. We will do this very soon, so be patient! You will also notice that you can upgrade cards. You can look at the upgrades of your cards, but I'd advise you not to upgrade anything yet.

You'll also notice that you can now visit the Oracle. You'll want to visit him every day (or whenever you can log on). He will give you money, often a pet to help you in battle, and possibly a card (you can even get rare cards from him). However, the main significance of this is that he will always predict the next False God, which brings us to the next step.

Step Four: Annoying the Gods

The Oracle will always predict the next False God, or AI5, that you will fight (if you choose to). Be warned that once you log out, this will not apply any more.

In this section you will find the strategy section of each individual False God. Click on the False God that the Oracle predicted, then go to the Oracle: *False God Name Here* thread. Most False Gods have an unupgraded, rareless deck that you can use against them! Build the deck if you have the cards, then click on the AI5 button to fight the False God! If you win, you can win upgraded cards from the spins!

You can log in every day and fight the False God the Oracle predicts! Note that some of them are harder than others, and some don't even have unupgraded, rareless decks that you can use! If this is the case, simply skip them.

I won't say much about the individual False Gods, but Octane and Serket have the most effective counter decks, with ridiculously high winrates, and Decay and Divine Glory have the highest droprates, with moderately effective decks. (Divine Glory can give you Morning Glory, the upgraded, rare light weapon!)

The next step is in two parts, and for now you will only do one or the other. The first part can be done almost immediately, while the second part will have to wait until you raise 9000 electrum. Until then, farm AI3, fight predicted False Gods, fight in PvP if you want, and check out the Arena!

You'll also need three Lobotomizers for the next step. If you picked it for the 500 score quest reward, you'll already have at least one. There is an Elder who you can win Lobotomizers from, but if you haven't won any from him, you can get them from the Arena.

Step Five: Challenging the Gods

For this portion of the tutorial you will be getting your first False God farmer: the Ray of Light/Hope deck (RoL/Hope).

RoL/Hope is a Light/Aether (:light/:aether) deck based on using Fractal on Rays of Light to power the Hope shield, which blocks one damage for each light-emitting creature (like Ray of Light) you have on your field. It can effectively block out all the damage of a False God, letting you kill them.

You will need:
  • 9000 electrum (to upgrade 6 Photons into Rays of Light)
  • 3 Lobotomizers (rare :aether weapon)

Spoiler for my first False God deck:
Mark: Aether author=Xenocidius
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5la 5la 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61u 61u 61u 622 622 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp

This is my False God deck that I used back in 1.25. I used it to farm False Gods effectively, and slowly upgraded it to make the fully upped RoL/Hope deck. However, while I was in the process of doing this Fractal was nerfed. Its unupgraded cost was increased from 9 to 10. Fortunately for me, I had enough money to upgrade them all, and so I was safe.

For a newer mostly unupgraded RoL/Hope deck, I'd go with Krathos's deck:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5la 5la 5lk 5lk 5lk 5lk 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61u 61u 61u 622 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 63a 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 8pu

Remember that 9000 electrum I told you to get? You'll now use it to upgrade 6 Rays of Light, the centre of this deck. Make sure you buy all the other cards first, and voila! You now have a False God farmer that you can use to fight False Gods even when the Oracle doesn't predict them (although you'll still want to use the Oracle decks every day)!

Check out the strategy guide in the topic of the deck. Remember, this deck won't win as often as the Oracle decks, but you can still use it to gain lots of electrum! The deck is known for being incredibly strong against Divine Glory, one of the hardest False Gods in the game, who carries lots of Morning Glories, which you can win!

You can now slowly upgrade your new RoL/Hope deck. At the end of it, you'll end up with something like this, the "standard" version of RoL/Hope. The topic contains upgrading guidelines. Archangels are interchangeable with dragons. You can modify it slightly to suit yourself, but this version is good to start with.

Step Six: Enter the Arena

If you do not know what the Arena is or would like to know more about it, you can read the Wiki article.

Farming the Arena

Chances are, you will have already played the Arena a bit in the Bronze or even Silver League to get some rares. While it is the best place for rare farming, it is also the best place for making money (in the higher leagues).

I'm not even going to bother posting Arena-farming decks, as the Arena is constantly evolving. Decks that I put up here now could become obsolete in a few months. Right now, a list of current Arena-farming decks can be found here.

The real rewards come from beating Gold and Platinum decks, as an average win can give around 150 gold, more than a False God EM! You can also get UPGRADED rare spins after 4 or 3 consecutive victories!

Building your Arena deck

All the information about the Arena can be found in the Wiki, so I'm just going to quickly summarize.

Every day the Oracle will pick a card for you when you visit him, and he will provide you with 5 copies to use in your Arena deck. If you do not like the card he picks or your deck is going well, you can leave it up, but your HP will degrades over time. It degrades exponentially (1 after one day, 2 after two, 4 after three, 8 after four, etc.), until it reaches 1 HP. When you build a new deck your HP will be reset.

As for actually building your deck, this article should help you out. The best advice I can give you is to be creative. Or, if you want to win, pack as much PC and healing in your deck as possible (this is a generally hated approach, and probably won't earn you much favour in the community).

Appendix

This tutorial is finally finished. Please leave me suggestions on how to improve it, veterans and newbies alike, and I hope it helped you. I will continue updating it for as long as I stay in the Elements community. Thanks for reading, and have fun playing the game!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Scaredgirl

Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg367925#msg367925
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »
Looks good to me. I will move this topic to where it belongs and hopefully have time to post some feedback or ideas later.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg367929#msg367929
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 05:32:44 pm »
Awesome with a new, up-to-date tutorial.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg367932#msg367932
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »
You call False Gods "AI 5" twice. I think it's a bit confusing, but eh. Good work!

If I might add a suggestion, check out "Flay 'EM" for step 4.5: it's a good completely unupped False God deck, with a decent winrate. Liquid Antimatter has good scores too! It might get you to RoL Hope faster that way.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline thatnewguy

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg367953#msg367953
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »
You should also add a topic about the arena for rare farming since T50 is no longer around.
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

• Legendary Member
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg368256#msg368256
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 10:38:54 am »
Alright, I've added CCYB. I'm really stumped on whether to recommend Pulverizer or Lobotomizer as a rare weapon - it really depends on which path the newbie decides to take, and at that point they won't be well-informed enough to make a decision.

Out of curiosity, do you have to choose your rare weapon to be able to fight False Gods? I remember you used to have to, but now that the False God button has been moved out of the Quest box, I'm not sure.

I originally tried to incorporate Flay 'Em, but I found it was too complicated, considering the upgrading order of all the decks.

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg369708#msg369708
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 08:24:32 am »
Gave +rep for the awesome guide, definitely will be helpful for newbies.

For step 6, if you haven't decided already, I recommend a tutorial for building an arena deck (for the AI to play). Maybe add a short footnote pointing out that the AI can make stupid mistakes you wouldn't, and building a deck with that in mind. It's something that I imagine players at that point would have the cards to do, and enough knowledge about decks to be able to make effective AI-played ones.

If you think it's necessary, these (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28027.0.html) three (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,6960.0.html) decks (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28027.msg394069#msg394069) are also good ones to use in Gold League (I don't play the others often enough to know what works). Arena changes a lot though, and chances are these decks may not be as effective down the road, so I'm not sure how relevant an Arena-farming guide would be.

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg369788#msg369788
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 12:52:51 pm »
I've added a short Arena guide, mainly linking to this topic here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28818.0.html). I haven't put in any specific decks, as the ever-evolving nature of the Arena means that new decks are required far more often than against Elders or FGs.

Hyperpoly

Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg370103#msg370103
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 05:22:41 am »
is there a thread with a list of terms i keep seeing abbreviations for what i assume are types of decks which i have not a clue as to there meaning dema vng i think? others as well.. (didn't know where else to post this)

• Legendary Member
  • Fear the Darkness ...
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg370146#msg370146
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 08:37:16 am »
I put that in the start of my guide, the Elements Glossary (http://elementscommunity.org/wiki/resources/elements-glossary/).

Hyperpoly

Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg370270#msg370270
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 02:48:58 pm »
sorry was one in the morning missed it -.-
is there one for types of decks? like i said keep seeing people refer to decks and no idea what they mean.. try asking and no response from the chat

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: 1.28 Newbie Tutorial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28742.msg370275#msg370275
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 02:57:45 pm »
I understand adding tons of arena-farm decks isn't going to improve the readability of this topic, and will only complicate things.
A usefull sidenote in thearena-section would be that Arsenic and Vampire Dagger are used in alot of rush decks and are very valuable cards to have (and good choices for your first rare weapon).

Good job btw!

blarg: Krathos