*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460277#msg460277
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
74h 74h 74h 77e 77e 77e 77e 77j 77j 77j 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t8 7t9 7t9 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 8pl

start with denial, follow with gargoyles as critters, and finish it with catapulting them in stone form.
the quanta balance is... well it's a trio >.< you can replace a catapult for a tower (or gemfinder) as i'm tight with :darkness
steals and dusk can be replaced with cloak if you fear control.
eclipse should not be needed as 7 atk is already nice enough imo.
i thought of some sort of cc with gravity force but couldn't think of anything to replace. maybe if i take out pests
i could add 2 towers and 3 gravity force but i haven't tried that yet.
steal is mainly to help for denial or give yourself a weapon or shield.

what do you think about it? :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460284#msg460284
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:34:42 pm »
This combo is kinda too big to be fitted into a 30-card deck...
I would suggest earth mark solely for powering the gargoyles/pests, and gravity/darkness pends or GForce/Quicksand/BH/any utility card you like.
Don't worry, I fail at trio more than you do >.<
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460455#msg460455
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 01:57:57 am »
Need more :gravity. I know, Trebuchet is late-game card, but you'll clog up your hand otherwise.
Why not one more Pest?
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460463#msg460463
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 02:11:48 am »
Need more :gravity. I know, Trebuchet is late-game card, but you'll clog up your hand otherwise.
Why not one more Pest?
yeah the clog was a risk i had to take. i sometimes used catapult as bait before playing dusk shield.
anyway, i came up with a new build. what do you think about it?

744 744 744 744 74d 74d 74d 74d 74h 74h 74h 74i 74i 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t8 7t9 7t9 7tb 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 8pm

you might want to change something for another gravity tower.
by the way, i'm working on a gargoyle overdrive deck now ;)

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460495#msg460495
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 03:50:06 am »
What's the focus of your deck? Overdrive seems out of place there. You can switch them for 2 Gravity Tower.
The attack bonus is meh compared to the potential to finish your opponent via castle siege (Trebuchet)
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460571#msg460571
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 10:36:08 am »
What's the focus of your deck? Overdrive seems out of place there. You can switch them for 2 Gravity Tower.
The attack bonus is meh compared to the potential to finish your opponent via castle siege (Trebuchet)
right, i should focus! i made few changes including your suggestion, this is the result:

744 744 744 744 744 74d 74d 74d 74h 74h 74h 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t8 7t9 7t9 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tf 7tg 7tg 7tg 8pm
voodoo can be used either with gf or with trebuchet. this way you can keep your gargoyles longer as critters. of course gf can still be used as cc. maybe change something for a 4th trebuchet would help to draw it earlier but i'm not sure what to take out

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460614#msg460614
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 02:32:51 pm »
3 Trebuchet is just fine, maybe too many Gargoyles. If you want to add Trebuchet, -Gargoyle.
How about the quanta balance? It looked to high on :gravity and too low on :darkness. Too few towers to fuel high cost Gargoyles.

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460642#msg460642
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 03:59:59 pm »
3 Trebuchet is just fine, maybe too many Gargoyles. If you want to add Trebuchet, -Gargoyle.
How about the quanta balance? It looked to high on :gravity and too low on :darkness. Too few towers to fuel high cost Gargoyles.
I would say exchange one of the voodoo dolls for a pillar(:darkness/:gravity). Voodoo doll would be useless unless you draw a gravity tower.
Also you don't need 3 GForces.

Well, in short, too many utility cards, and too little quanta generation.
But how to solve this? No idea ???
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Re: Stone Gargoyles can fly? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36682.msg460701#msg460701
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 07:37:07 pm »
I would say exchange one of the voodoo dolls for a pillar(:darkness/:gravity). Voodoo doll would be useless unless you draw a gravity tower.
Also you don't need 3 GForces.

Well, in short, too many utility cards, and too little quanta generation.
But how to solve this? No idea ???
the quanta balance is as absol said. but i prefer 5 :gravity towers as 4 is too low chance to draw (in my opinion). the change of voodoo for :darkness tower looks good.
i'm personally happy with 3 GForces and that's why i don't know with what i could replace it if needed. maybe nightmare (seems out of place) or cloak.

anything
blarg: Gandora