*Author

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg480544#msg480544
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »
How would a version of this work against PvP?
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline SevsTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg480559#msg480559
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 09:43:35 pm »
How would a version of this work against PvP?

I would say imagine not bad but i would probably add more SoD and use less SoSac
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline MasterN

• Reputation Power: 1
  • MasterN is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not exactly New to Elements
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg497874#msg497874
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 10:55:07 pm »
Awesome deck...

... let's see how long it takes until SoSac is nerved...  ...again^^

Against some FGs i noticed, that the poison isn't coming fast enough. Replaced a SoD with another Arsenic.
2 Deckouts in the past 40 games.
so...
Put in 2 Sanctuarys. Kicks off 4 HP @ EoT while SoSac is active, but poison strikes enemy first, so if you finish your final turn with 100% HP, you'll get your bonus.
In addition it possibly gives 2 additional turns.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rm 6rm 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 6rt 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 7k6 7k6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

But i have to test it out with a couple more games first.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:26:53 am by MasterN »

Offline sorfimmer

• sorfimmer is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg502108#msg502108
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 01:27:50 am »
I love you sevs. First instosis and now this! Now I have a new deck to put my SOSacs in. Thank you!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg505656#msg505656
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 03:04:01 am »
I've been testing this deck due to a debate I had with mesaprotector in chat over whether this was better than instosis and splat or not.  So far I'm at 20 wins 7 losses, with 16 of those being EMs.  It clearly EMs way more than those decks, and the win percentage is fairly similar to instosis, although I haven't gotten most of the problematic gods yet.

Also, how the bloody hell did you beat Elidnis THREE times with this?  When discussing with mesaprotector, I figured sosa dials should beat any FG without feral bonds or miracles, but that those would prove serious problems.  I've managed to do alright against even miracle-using gods, and other than once vs hecate, I've never lost in 27 games to an FG without one of bonds or miracles.

This is an example of what keeps happening with Elidnis.  (it also happened with fire queen, only worse, since queens breed; I haven't seen ferox yet, but it'll be even worse than elidnis, since ferox has more creatures)  I locked him down to 3 creatures, but he's still got enough bonds I'll never win even with a near-perfect draw.  Even 5-6 healing/turn is enough that you can't win in time, so unless Elidnis got 0 bonds in 3 games, I don't really see how it could be done :p

Spoiler for Hidden:

It's definitely a nice deck, though, no question.  I'm just unsure whether it's really better than instosis (which is probably like 70% win rate at least, though I haven't crunched the numbers) or Splat.  SPlat seems better to me in most cases except against dark matter, which is basically an instant loss for splat, but sosa dials should still have a chance.

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg505688#msg505688
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 04:49:36 am »
Elidnis is possible, but hard - generally she won't draw 5 feral bonds :P

Here's a fairly typical game (played in trainer) in which she played 2 heals, a staff and 3 bonds, but I just barely won:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Also, Octane and Incarnate are quite capable of beating this deck as well.

Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg505689#msg505689
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 05:02:49 am »
I haven't come up against Octane or Incarnate yet.  My record so far is 25 win 13 loss.

Chaos lord: 3 win (easy)
Dark Matter: 1 win (medium; black holes are a pain but can be overcome)
Destiny: 1 Win (easy)
Divine Glory: 1 loss (virtually impossible)
Elidnis: 3 losses (very hard)
Eternal Phoenix: 3 win (fairly easy)
Ferox: 1 loss (very hard)
Fire Queen: 1 loss (very hard)
Gemini: 1 win 1 loss (pretty easy; loss was misplay; didn't count on like 5 PUs coming :p)
Graviton: 1 win (pretty easy)
Hecate: 1 win 3 loss (hard; dials vs vampire is the only chance to beat the healing)
Jezebel: 2 loss (hard; early dark nymph and vamp spam both times; I'd think grav or light nymphs would be extremely hard to beat, too)
Lionheart: 2 wins (easy)
Morte: 1 win (medium; bone wall blocking arsenic made it tougher)
Neptune: 4 wins (easy, though I can never manage to EM due to his low damage output into SoSa)
Obliterator: 1 win (easy, but he didn't get pulvy, probably still pretty easy though)
Osiris: 2 wins (easy)
Paradox: 2 wins 1 loss (win if he discards miracle, lose otherwise)
Rainbow: 1 win (he discarded his miracles :p same as paradox)
Serket: 1 win (easy; it helped he adreanlined his 0/3 deathstalkers before everything else :p)

All others: haven't played yet.  Expecting Akebono, Hermes, Octane  to be easy, Incarnate to be medium/hard (bone wall + vamps) Seism to be tough (quicksand), Miracle to be really tough (miracles).  Decay's probably really tough, too, though if you got lots of poisons and arse early I could see it happening.  Scorpio will be easy unless he gets purify.  Not sure about dream catcher; probably tough though.

As I figured, the losses are against healing, and basically everything else is a win.  Conversely, Instosis is basically a win against non-PC decks, and struggles with PC/quanta denial.

Offline thabeowolf

• thabeowolf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to the Elements Forum
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg505798#msg505798
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
Seism is pretty easy. Just hold a few Bone Towers in your hand. He will waste a Quicksand on each tower you play.
I won 4 Quicksands, a Basalt Dragon and a Elite Graboid playing against him.
Decay is tough but doable. Again, hold a few towers in your hand. Decay depends on your quanta to play his devourers.
I play this deck with a smile every day!

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg505800#msg505800
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2012, 02:56:16 pm »
I was just wondering, how useful is it to use a :light mark?
It often happens to me that I don't draw any pillars or that they get immediately destroyed.
So I'm stuck with cards I can't play and Sundials which would be a waste to play that early.
Since with SoSac and Sundial you have 18 Turns of Protection You should only get to wait until you have 18 cards.
But because of SoD and SoSac you can sometimes make a Sundial Break.

However, I keep my :death mark, I was just wondering what others think about it. Also, I don't think that
to draw in a 30 card deck which builds poison up rather slowly is to be recommended.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg505807#msg505807
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 03:05:56 pm »
I was just wondering, how useful is it to use a :light mark?
It often happens to me that I don't draw any pillars or that they get immediately destroyed.
So I'm stuck with cards I can't play and Sundials which would be a waste to play that early.
Since with SoSac and Sundial you have 18 Turns of Protection You should only get to wait until you have 18 cards.
But because of SoD and SoSac you can sometimes make a Sundial Break.

However, I keep my :death mark, I was just wondering what others think about it. Also, I don't think that
to draw in a 30 card deck which builds poison up rather slowly is to be recommended.
:light mark can give you sundial draws... that's good.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline thabeowolf

• thabeowolf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to the Elements Forum
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg505860#msg505860
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:33 pm »
And you get 24 life from Shard of Divinity.... ;)

Offline TheFallenHero94

• TheFallenHero94 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Poison Dials SoSac [FG][Arena] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37412.msg518259#msg518259
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2012, 03:01:15 am »
you need to update akebono. Which now does have PC, it has 2/4 Shards of focus now.

anything
blarg: