*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg450331#msg450331
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:05:13 pm »
Trying out a lot of stuff I have never seen before I come to some strange combinations, such as the following:

Malignant Chimera:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 71c 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 746 746 746 746 746 74g 74g 74g 8pl

Strategy:
Play a photon with aflatoxin. If really necessary stall with armagio.
Wait until you have 16 malignant cells (or more if the enemy hasn't too many creatures).
If possible play an armagio and then use chimera. You'll get an 18 atk chimera with 36 hp.
Now if you have the cards immediately restart the combo. You can play an armagio to change
the gravity pull to him, so that your chimera is free to continue it's attack. because it's the only real critter you have you should take care of it.
There may be situations where it's an advantage to use an aflatoxin on an enemie's creature, just be sure that your
skull buckler is there and won't be destroyed.
A big disadvantage is, that you need some turns to build up your malignant cells, but on the other hand they also can do some good starting dmg.

I guess that's it ;)

Criticism/Suggestions are as always appreciated. :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg450409#msg450409
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:10 am »
Cool idea!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline mwaetht

• Reputation Power: 5
  • mwaetht is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg450454#msg450454
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 06:51:10 am »
Shard of Patience? It doubles your damage output, and if you're about to play Chimera you couldn't care less if your creatures get delayed.

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg450463#msg450463
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:16:20 am »
Shard of Patience? It doubles your damage output, and if you're about to play Chimera you couldn't care less if your creatures get delayed.
Great idea! didn't think about that! I'll give it a try and report the results :)
Thanks!

Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg450675#msg450675
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 02:34:15 am »
@mwaeth:
So, I've made this version. IMO it works better because you can use chimera earlier if needed.
(In fact, one SoP has the same effect as waiting one more turn to double the cells).
So, thanks a lot for your tip :)

5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 746 746 746 746 74g 74g 74g 8pl

Offline mwaetht

• Reputation Power: 5
  • mwaetht is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg450694#msg450694
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 04:54:32 am »
Thanks, but I wasn't the one that came up with it; I stole the idea from Aggro Prokaryotes.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg451931#msg451931
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 05:55:18 pm »
***TRIALS RESPONSE***

Commenting on the second deck ( as it seems to be the updated one with more attack) the deck Idea is vastly interesting , with the SoP and the Photons, though it also reminds me of the SoP Chimera combo in another thread (I forgot the link; sorry.) The way or the other the Armagio is a nice twist and makes it so your chimera survives for longer, building up to a last massive chimera.  The Skull Buckler is also a nice addition that makes it so the deck has “some” survivability to the opponent (and now that I look at it, it seems that the deck will also more likely than not be able to handle even if by whatever reason you decide to use Aflatoxin on your opponent to lock down.) After thinking a bit I thought that the Armagios, though nice for the twist that they make, may slow you down a bit on the damage queue (Considering that most of your damage will come from the SoP’d Malignant Cells + Chimera). Ultimately the deck seems to be on a bit heavy on Gravity Quanta, though I can’t speak for sure. Also looks –slightly- light on death quanta, though again, most of the cards you have there are needs.

I think that adding a few Chargers or a Bone Dragon would make the deck go up a bit in the Damage requisite though you might end up heavy if you do that with the Dragon. My main idea of Chargers still remain as they are pretty much en pair with the Armagio in a cost to cost basis (Both cost 5; though Armagio has a ability with 1 gravity and charger has not.)
It’s just a simple mod; more can be done such as the Dragon, but that would have to require a possible cut down of a 1 chimera –1 armagio +1 death pend + 1 Bone Dragon, or possibly -2 Armagios +1 Bone Dragon +1 Pendulum; the quanta balance on how to make the Dragon fix escapes me for now though. I think that the -1 Chimera  -1 Armagio seems Solid from here; I’ll try to do some quanta balancing.

5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 745 745 746 746 74g 74g 74g 8pl

Slight modification of one to other but one clearly has more stalling potential due to the extra armagio, if you do the mod.
5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 711 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 745 746 746 74g 74g 8pl

(Dunno where this one came from, just popped into my head while I was messing with the deck. Probably not too good but, 'ey. Looks low on quanta for gravity though.)
5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 711 711 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 746 746 746 74g 74g 74g 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 8pk

Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg452146#msg452146
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:47 am »
***TRIALS RESPONSE***

Commenting on the second deck ( as it seems to be the updated one with more attack) the deck Idea is vastly interesting , with the SoP and the Photons, though it also reminds me of the SoP Chimera combo in another thread (I forgot the link; sorry.) The way or the other the Armagio is a nice twist and makes it so your chimera survives for longer, building up to a last massive chimera.  The Skull Buckler is also a nice addition that makes it so the deck has “some” survivability to the opponent (and now that I look at it, it seems that the deck will also more likely than not be able to handle even if by whatever reason you decide to use Aflatoxin on your opponent to lock down.) After thinking a bit I thought that the Armagios, though nice for the twist that they make, may slow you down a bit on the damage queue (Considering that most of your damage will come from the SoP’d Malignant Cells + Chimera). Ultimately the deck seems to be on a bit heavy on Gravity Quanta, though I can’t speak for sure. Also looks –slightly- light on death quanta, though again, most of the cards you have there are needs.

I think that adding a few Chargers or a Bone Dragon would make the deck go up a bit in the Damage requisite though you might end up heavy if you do that with the Dragon. My main idea of Chargers still remain as they are pretty much en pair with the Armagio in a cost to cost basis (Both cost 5; though Armagio has a ability with 1 gravity and charger has not.)
It’s just a simple mod; more can be done such as the Dragon, but that would have to require a possible cut down of a 1 chimera –1 armagio +1 death pend + 1 Bone Dragon, or possibly -2 Armagios +1 Bone Dragon +1 Pendulum; the quanta balance on how to make the Dragon fix escapes me for now though. I think that the -1 Chimera  -1 Armagio seems Solid from here; I’ll try to do some quanta balancing.

5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 745 745 746 746 74g 74g 74g 8pl

Slight modification of one to other but one clearly has more stalling potential due to the extra armagio, if you do the mod.
5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 711 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 745 746 746 74g 74g 8pl

(Dunno where this one came from, just popped into my head while I was messing with the deck. Probably not too good but, 'ey. Looks low on quanta for gravity though.)
5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 711 711 715 715 71c 71c 71c 71c 746 746 746 74g 74g 74g 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 8pk
I don't know what's going on today but this is the third trials response I got (and I don't even know what exactly they are...)? :o
Anyway, I enjoy this answer and I want to thank you really really much for trying different ideas to improve my deck as well as for the time and effort you put in all this :)

You're right, the dmg output isn't very high. The only attack in my version were the Cells and afterwards the chimera. Also, as you said, both gravity and death are tight on their quanta. That's why I find it difficult to fit in a dragon though it's nice having it on the field once you have the quanta. I tried all your versions and think that the charger and the one with two dragons are the best :) Having just two chimera is too less imo. That's why I reworked on it considering your thoughts and came up with this. I'd be very interested in what you think about it :D It's a mix of the charger and dragon version:

5l9 5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 711 711 715 715 71c 71c 71c 745 745 746 746 746 74g 74g 74g 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 8pk

I took out a photon as I seem to have them often enough in my starting hand. Even if not I can still stall with armagios and/or attack with chargers. The dragon works well if the photon still doesn't want to show up. Also, I often can accumulate :death while the cells are building up as this step takes 3 turns which depending on the amount of pends can be enough.

I want to thank you one more time and I'm really glad you made these versions. I believe that (also) thanks to you this deck has become very powerful.  :)

EDIT: I don't know if this was the deck you've seen, but it also uses the SoP Chimera.
5l9 5l9 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6rv 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 71c 71c 74g 74g 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pj

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg452148#msg452148
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 02:09:03 am »
Have you noticed that certain members have "Master of ___" under their name? The trials are a competition to take the title for yourself. As part of the first phase of the trial, they are required to comment on decks corresponding to their element. You probably wouldn't get such in-depth comments as much otherwise.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg452149#msg452149
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 02:09:28 am »
yeah i am curious too about that trials response thing... whats it all about?

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg452150#msg452150
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 02:11:51 am »
It's part of the 5th Elements Trials, which you can find more about here. (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35921.0.html)
Quote from: kevkev60614
TASK II
Deckbuilding

Provide constructive criticism to five decks.
    Eligible threads can be found in Deck Ideas (any subforum will work), and must have been last posted in on or after November 1, 2011 (0:00 GMT).
    Replies must be 200 words each PLUS a deck image that adds to your helping the player in need.
    You may not reply to a thread if another Trials participant has already posted a Trials response.  Please copy the following and paste it at the top of each reply:
    You may not reply to a thread/provide constructive criticism for a deck you created.

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Malignant Chimera [fun][never seen strategy?] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=35788.msg452153#msg452153
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 02:16:51 am »
It's part of the 5th Elements Trials, which you can find more about here. (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35921.0.html)
Quote from: kevkev60614
TASK II
Deckbuilding

Provide constructive criticism to five decks.
    Eligible threads can be found in Deck Ideas (any subforum will work), and must have been last posted in on or after November 1, 2011 (0:00 GMT).
    Replies must be 200 words each PLUS a deck image that adds to your helping the player in need.
    You may not reply to a thread if another Trials participant has already posted a Trials response.  Please copy the following and paste it at the top of each reply:
    You may not reply to a thread/provide constructive criticism for a deck you created.
thank you that explains alot LOL

blarg: Gandora,Dm1321