*Author

Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg374202#msg374202
« on: August 01, 2011, 05:52:11 am »
This was the deck used to perform (currently) 2 out of 3 streaks in the Air Trials.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f9 5f9 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5od 5p0 5p0 5p0 5p0 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 61t 61t 61t 61t 61u 621 621 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 80d 80d 80e 80h 80h 8pu

Now, this deck is easy to make. If you have lots of available cash, and at least four air nymphs, and willing to use sub-par arena decks.

But, it actually works surprisingly well if you play it right.
Quint a Nymph, and hide behind shields, make gases and detonate them.

The AI is incredibly stupid. If you manage to hold off playing Dim Shields and Electrocuter until after you have an Unstable Gas out, the AI will almost always target the latter.

Darkness usually means steals. If they have some fire too, they can detonate the gases they steal. Start the chain slightly earlier than you would otherwise.

You don't have to wait for a quint to play your nymphs. Damselflies usually end up drawing at least one CC spell, which should alert you to whether they have more. (Rewind is often an exception to this rule). Mono Life decks are a walk in the park like this.

AI can/will replace fireshields (mostly for rainbows only, don't bother against firestalls), meaning you still have a shot. If they have steals, you can even try to bait them into taking one of your Phases, which does next to nothing to you (although I don't know exactly what triggers the AI to to this)

Unless necessary to chain shields or the last gass, try not to immolate before you need to. Black Holes are incredibly annoying against a non-renewable source.

If there is lots of CC, or chance of Mass CC, hold some dragonflies in your hand so you can be sure of immolation targets.

Although generally you should gas them all at once to avoid any miracles/heals/regeneration - it can prove advantageous to detonate halfway through, taking out their creatures so you have the rest of the game to yourself, and don't have to worry about chaining shields.

If I was to continue upgrading this, the next two cards would be the Immolations (invaluable for Platinum, Gold, and some Silvers, where 7 fire quanta isn't quite enough to take them out. The extra 40 damage pulls it all the way up to 180).
Then Air pendulums, to get that perfect sweet start (3 pends, 3 damsels, --> 2nd turn Quinted Nymph and quanta to keep gassing).
Dimshields
Lobo
Quints.

(Optional, Damselflies will do a little more damage, at the cost of dying/being affected by more shields and paradox, and nymphs will do 3 more damage, but will not be useable in unupped tournaments)

It's a pretty cool deck, I reccomend trying it out to all of you ; )

Xsshstex

Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg374361#msg374361
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:44:38 pm »
Foar air nymphz? Insanity!

Offline Malignant

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Malignant is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Satan Claus
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st True Slayer of GodsSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #2 EventWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg376680#msg376680
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 06:00:34 am »
Y u so many nymphs?

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg376681#msg376681
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 06:03:16 am »
"Accessible to anyone"?!  Maybe anyone with four Blue Nymphs.  Aside from that, thought, this deck looks like a lot of fun to play, if nothing else.  Also, what causes the AI to steal your shield is if the cost is greater than the cost of the shield they currently have equipped, so if they have a Fire Buckler out, they will steal your Phase Shield, but if they have a Fire Shield out, they will not steal your Dimensional Shield.  I can't help but wonder, how effective were the Electrocuter/Lobotomizer(s) in this deck?  I would think and Owl's/Eagle's Eye would be even more effective, although I have been wrong many, many times before.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg376687#msg376687
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 06:15:39 am »
Y u so many nymphs?
Foar air nymphz? Insanity!
And the great part is that I took out my 5th to make this deck work  :)

"Accessible to anyone"?!  Maybe anyone with four Blue Nymphs.  Aside from that, thought, this deck looks like a lot of fun to play, if nothing else.  Also, what causes the AI to steal your shield is if the cost is greater than the cost of the shield they currently have equipped, so if they have a Fire Buckler out, they will steal your Phase Shield, but if they have a Fire Shield out, they will not steal your Dimensional Shield.  I can't help but wonder, how effective were the Electrocuter/Lobotomizer(s) in this deck?  I would think and Owl's/Eagle's Eye would be even more effective, although I have been wrong many, many times before.
The name was a little joke. Also, its slightly upped, and definetely not the type of deck a new player could make within hours of starting the game up.
Electrocutor is great for anything with momentum, and skills. Most of the relevant game, you should be protected by those phases, or dead.

Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg429329#msg429329
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 08:34:00 pm »
I'd just like to say that I have officially finished what I have started. I'm a little past the deadline, so I don't mind not getting the upped cards benefit in the final Duel vs Noobiecakes, although I'm sure I'll rage about that later if I lose to Noobiecakes  ;)

That's gold league, bitch!

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5p0 5p0 5p0 5p0 5pu 5pu 61t 61t 61t 61t 61u 621 621 7dp 7dp 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 80d 80d 80e 80h 80h 8pu

Cremations really have to be upgraded now after their nerf :/

the_unknown

Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg430876#msg430876
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 03:24:50 am »
wish i was rich! that would make the game so much easier... but alot less to do :I

Offline UnderneathTheLens

• Reputation Power: 10
  • UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.UnderneathTheLens is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg431056#msg431056
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 04:23:30 pm »
Will this work with... 3 air nymphs?

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg431087#msg431087
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 05:49:48 pm »
Now, this deck is easy to make. If you have lots of available cash, and at least four air nymphs, and willing to use sub-par arena decks.

This made me lol

Won 1st Air Nymph today in fact, so with those odds ill have 4 in 3 years! when i do, ill drum up some stats for you! :P
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg431104#msg431104
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 06:57:45 pm »
I don't always get nymphs from the oracle. But when I do, they're not air nymphs ~.~
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Plantifant

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Plantifant is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Herpedy derp I want a good singularity deck.
Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg431122#msg431122
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 08:06:34 pm »
I don't always get nymphs from the oracle. But when I do, they're not air nymphs ~.~
Having the same problem, won my 6th purp nymph a week ago, nice to have the set complete though.

Offline Max Fire

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Max Fire is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Making Air Accessible to Everyone - Air Trials Deck https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29344.msg431362#msg431362
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 09:56:33 am »
6th purple nymph !! I had just an only one but I have actually 5... aether nymph :(

anything
blarg: DrunkDestroyer