*Author

Offline DragonWithinTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • DragonWithin is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Life and Poison.
Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156662#msg1156662
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:11:39 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bv 5bv 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c6 5c8 5c8 5c8 5c8 5c8 5c9 5de 5de 5de 5lk 5lk 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 5oj 7ac 8pr

This is an experimental deck that I created today and it's not half bad. This managed to kill two False Gods and stale mated another but unfortunately I ran out of cards so lost. Tell me what you guys think.
 Works best against decks without creature control. The FG I lost to after stale mate was Ferox.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:28:00 am by DragonWithin »

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156667#msg1156667
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:44:33 am »
The first thing that comes to mind is that "there's only 2 hopes."
The second thing that comes to mind is "what FGs did you beat?"

Third thing that comes to mind this deck is all over the place.

You could just remove the scorpions, rustlers and mitosis entirely and I'd still be happy with it.

Life stall generally has 6 Empathic Bonds and 6 SoGs/Staffs. I'd also recommend owl's eye
FFQ decks generally use life mark with all air pendulums, but given your... bias, towards life, I can understand using all life pends.

• Life and Poison.
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156685#msg1156685
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 01:28:49 pm »
The first thing that comes to mind is that "there's only 2 hopes."
The second thing that comes to mind is "what FGs did you beat?"

Third thing that comes to mind this deck is all over the place.

You could just remove the scorpions, rustlers and mitosis entirely and I'd still be happy with it.

Life stall generally has 6 Empathic Bonds and 6 SoGs/Staffs. I'd also recommend owl's eye
FFQ decks generally use life mark with all air pendulums, but given your... bias, towards life, I can understand using all life pends.

I know there's only two Hope cards here but you only need 1 and it only works when there's enough Fireflies out. So if there are creature control cards, then the Queens can be eliminated before I have enough to put up the shields. As for False Gods(Didn't see the names. First time playing against FGs), this deck isn't intended as Fg killers, I just got lucky.
I have been playing Elements for a long time and have always just fooled around with Rainbow decks that didn't actually do anything. This is the first time I have build a serious deck(Started out with Life Mono. Then Life Water with Forest Spirits). I'm just trying to build a good deck using Life. Just experimenting. This deck relies a lot on luck.
I have a screen shot of the match against Ferox but I'm not able to post it.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156694#msg1156694
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »
The first thing that I see is a fire fly queen deck, one with poor balance. Focus the deck. It doesn't need to be needlessly big. Either go life rush, or firefly queens, not both. That just hurts the deck.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156720#msg1156720
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 07:20:21 pm »
In 30 card decks, if you >need< 1 of a card in the game, you tend to put 3 copies of it in.
This is a 42 card deck with 2 hopes. The amount of hopes you draw just doesn't feel like enough.
I'd put another 2 in.

Omega is quite correct, too.

• Life and Poison.
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156828#msg1156828
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:49:19 am »
Thanks for the input guys. I'm very new to deck building and am trying several experimental decks with the element Life.

Here's another one that I use. Its a mono deck and works only up to level 4 and a few Silver decks.

5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c8 5c8 5c8 5c8 5c8 7ac 8pn

Offline omegareaper7

• omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156871#msg1156871
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 02:33:45 pm »
Better now. But could still be better. Your deck is large, which while it doesn't hurt this particular deck a lot, still hurts a little. More cards means more chance for bad draw. Adrenaline isn't helpful on dragons, and scorpions are easily blocked. 30 cards for optimal draw chance, but like mentioned, not entirely necessary for this deck at the moment.

I would choose either adrena frogs with cockatrices as add ins, or dragons with cockatrices for add ins.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine

• Life and Poison.
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156884#msg1156884
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 04:44:04 pm »
Better now. But could still be better. Your deck is large, which while it doesn't hurt this particular deck a lot, still hurts a little. More cards means more chance for bad draw. Adrenaline isn't helpful on dragons, and scorpions are easily blocked. 30 cards for optimal draw chance, but like mentioned, not entirely necessary for this deck at the moment.

I would choose either adrena frogs with cockatrices as add ins, or dragons with cockatrices for add ins.

I kept the deck a little large to get a better chance because this deck has no creature control, no permanent control and no shields and weapons. This has helped me win consecutive silver league matches. 

Offline omegareaper7

Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156923#msg1156923
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:28 pm »
Making it large makes the draws overall worse. Not to mention completely pointless against most decks with pc, and any deck without cc. So you are essentially making yourself rush and stall bait just to beat control decks. It isn't worth the issues.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156925#msg1156925
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 10:09:02 pm »
Cut 5 dragons and pillars, job done.
In fact, you only really need 10 pillars for that deck, even with the dragons.
Life decks, without any of the really expensive stuff, can get away with 8 pillars.

Offline omegareaper7

Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156926#msg1156926
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 10:17:57 pm »
Went ahead and ran tests with it just in case I happened to be off the mark. I wasn't. In most every game it was close at best. Won 3 out of 7 or something like that, with no wins right after each other. Either got rushed, or stalled out hard. Adrenaline didn't help when squids were involved. Dragons often sit in the hand for several turns because you are either playing other cards or need to save for quanta.

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Experimental Life Air and Light Deck - Been calling it Hope https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55831.msg1156929#msg1156929
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 10:19:24 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. I'm very new to deck building and am trying several experimental decks with the element Life.

Here's another one that I use. Its a mono deck and works only up to level 4 and a few Silver decks.

5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bt 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5bu 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c8 5c8 5c8 5c8 5c8 7ac 8pn

I'd take out 5 of those pillars, those dragons, and replace those scorpions with cockatrices just for their low cost and versatility.

anything
blarg: