*Author

Offline GandoraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478311#msg478311
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:16:57 pm »
Well... I thought this has been done before, and it has been ^^ But I couldn't find something that did it the way I did.
If someone finds the a deck which uses the same method, please show me, I'd be interested to see it :)

Enough talk for now, here's the deck:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
715 715 71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 8pn

I know it's a trio and therefore the deck loves to screw up your hand xP
In the beginning I seemed to be lucky because it gave me a perfect hand non stop. But after 10 games I ended up
with no RoL or no pends, or no Blessings etc. So it was really hard to pull off the following combo:

Blessing + Scorpion + Epi!!
Why is this awesome? Well, the other scorps give 2 poison with epi, but :death scorp gives 4. So with Blessing you deal 12 dmg + 4 poison => 16 dmg!!
So believe me when I say that games end pretty fast even with just one buffed Scorpion ;)
Sometimes, if you don't draw scorpions, you can still buff RoL and epi them. A RoL with 7 atk still does 15 dmg! Enough to not fall back for a while.

Well, typical weaknesses:
Bad draws (what a surprise...)
Early CC, sometimes also mid game CC ;)
PC if not many pends in play.

Possible changes are:
+Scorp + Miracle - 2Skull buckler
- 1 Blessing (+ Light tower/Scorp/Epi/Arsenic)
-2 Skull Buckler + 2 SoSa
and probably some others.

Criticism and improvements appreciated :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478315#msg478315
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:36:51 pm »
hum, the first time i saw your deck i was trying to imagine a similar build where the  :light quanta would be retrieved by solar bucklers, possibly giving you more space to add something useful to the deck do you think you can do that :P?

• Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478317#msg478317
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:07 pm »
hum, the first time i saw your deck i was trying to imagine a similar build where the  :light quanta would be retrieved by solar bucklers, possibly giving you more space to add something useful to the deck do you think you can do that :P?

Hm... yeah I went through my mind but I had trouble because I wanted to use leaf dragons for :life production. That made it quite difficult.
But now I went over it, and something like the following would be my attempt ^^
What do you think of it?

Spoiler for Hidden:
71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7jt 7jt 7jt 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 8pq

Offline Poker Alho

• Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478321#msg478321
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:22:33 pm »

Hm... yeah I went through my mind but I had trouble because I wanted to use leaf dragons for :life production. That made it quite difficult.
But now I went over it, and something like the following would be my attempt ^^
What do you think of it?

Spoiler for Hidden:
71e 71e 71e 71e 71e 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 72i 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7jt 7jt 7jt 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 8pq

it could work, i would probably change those pends but they still are a viable option in case not many creatures show up but in retrospective your original version seems more reliable, your offense is not prone to PC and is not dependant on the other deck's strategy so maybe the solar buckler idea is more limited than i thought

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478328#msg478328
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 02:43:58 pm »
Got an idea: immolation, soul catcher, rustler
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Offline Poker Alho

• flips are overrated
Re: Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478329#msg478329
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:38 pm »

:fire quanta,  :death quanta and rustler is the fooder for immo or converter of  :light?

Offline Mathematistic

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mathematistic is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Games are never too easy.
Re: Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478645#msg478645
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:00:53 am »

:fire quanta,  :death quanta and rustler is the fooder for immo or converter of  :light?

Well, forget it, it's too impractical...
PVE shouldn't be all about copying a deck code and converting time into electrum, score, and potentially rares.
If the only way to derive fun from a game is its PVP content, then non-hardcore players a.k.a. the mass are alienated from the hardcore community.

Re: Death Ray of Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38362.msg478702#msg478702
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 07:02:42 am »
it could work, i would probably change those pends

I simply forgot to change them... xD But thanks for noticing :)

@Mathematistic

I tried it. I agree... :)

anything
blarg: Gandora