*Author

Da Bird

Antidrenalessence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29575.msg376672#msg376672
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:04:53 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vc 4vc 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vo 4vo 50u 50u 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c4 5c4 5c4 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 61o 61o 61o 61o 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61q 61r 61r 621 621 621 621 621 621 63a 63a 63a 8pj

This deck has the distinction of being the only time in any sort of online gaming where I’ve been accused of hacking, cheating, using a cheap trick and a blatant exploit, and causing my opponent quit the field of battle in a huff.

There are a few distinct weaknesses with the deck (with Immortals or Phase Dragons and anything with an quick and overwhelming offense being the most common culprits), but against a lot of other decks it’s an exercise in passive-aggressive gameplay and patience.

Yup, this is a full sixty card deck.  With no creatures.

Its basic premise is fairly simple, though — as the title suggests, Antimatter, Adrenaline, Quintessence.  Let your opponent’s creatures keep you healthy, and make them impossible to fix or kill.  Certain more troublesome creatures, especially anything with Ablaze or Growth, are more easily dealt with by throwing Lightning at them, and annoying weapons are usually susceptible to Paralleling something weak and putting Butterfly Effect on it (and maybe a Quintessence, too, if you’re facing Otyughs, Lobotomizers, or the like).  This isn’t a quick deck to get started, and the Heals are invaluable while you’re getting things rolling, but once you’ve got it set up, you can pretty well coast your way through the game until your opponent runs out of cards.  Elemental Mastery tends to be the rule rather than the exception when it wins (especially if you can hold onto a Heal or two for the last turn), and It’s not uncommon to finish the game with both players at full health.

Re: Antidrenalessence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29575.msg376685#msg376685
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 06:13:10 am »
Epic deck, I love it already, and I've never even tried it.

Because it's a trio, and not another lame rainbow - which seems just perfect for pissing everyone off :P
The two BEs can also be used for any creatures with growth fyi, if youre fairly certain there will not be any annoying permanents, and its not like you have any permanents that are very valuable (in the end, just pends, and it seems like you would have a heavy flow of them throughout the game), even if they do have entropy quanta.

All in all, it seems like a great unupped rage quitter.
I'm in love  :)
I really hope to get a chatty guy when I take it out, its always funner that way.

Offline Frostguard

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Frostguard is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Antidrenalessence https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29575.msg379693#msg379693
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:01:51 am »
I made some tests with this deck; on False Gods.
On Hermes and Akebono it failed quickly (sure, against Hermes I had no luck - no Lightnings - and neither against Akebono, I had too few Antimatters). Next time I got Seism, I surrendered immediately (well, he'd have obliterated all pillars and pendulums with Quicksand making the whole deck dead).
Dark Matter: I almost won with it. All went fine but it managed to score an outdeck victory.
Ferox: Slow, but easy victory. I didn't even play it through; even though I really hate Ferox, this wasn't worth it. Four antimattered Jade Dragons (two of which with Adrenaline, too), one antimattered and adrenalined Cockatrice, and a full enemy creature field, there's nothing to be questioned.

blarg: Da Bird