*Author

Offline thatnewguyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
[Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg373000#msg373000
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:36:50 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71b 71b 71b 72i 72i 7dm 7dm 7dm 7do 7do 7dr 7dr 7h2 7h2 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 8po

Eh, after spending days and hours looking for a deck to beat plat/gold I thought of this while I was at work. So, I came home and started grinding and got the upgrades I lacked and dove straight into the arena. Needless to say I kept modifying my deck trying to make it perfect to counter almost everything the arena could throw at me, I had skull shield (cremation), sundials (rush), poison (everything) and steamies (durability from firestall) and even phoenixes. But, in the end I said screw plat made a couple final changes to my deck and plowed straight into gold, first time got all 4 rings (raged so hard). So, now after you've heard my tragic story, lets get to the real reason why you're reading, lets talk about the deck.

I chose this deck for many reasons, but those aren't important are they, but if you need to know I figured out that the durability of steam machines make them the perfect beating bag for the heavy arsenal of the arena, while I also knew that PC/CC are basically unlimited in the arena, so I needed to find something to go around it, thus poison and arsenic/bonewall enter the scene. Poison is too get around those pesky shields and even keep the healing of SoGs to a minimum while you grow your steam machines. Bonewalls are there for obvious reasons,  they prevent the enemy/creamtion rushes from spamming right around it.

Now, you see the fire portion of the deck, you have obvious PC and heavy CC (firestorm/rage pot). It's obvious that steamies have 15 hp and make a good target for your rage pots, but as tempting as it is don't ever rage pot your steamie. They are there for CC, if you waste them on buffing your steamie when you could grow it for almost they same amount (unless it's the killing blow don't do it) they will save your life and increase your bonewall size when used correctly. Firestorm is a great card for the arena as their are a lot of speedbows/froggie/death rushes that all have extremely low hp, so guess what? That's right, get that bonewall up and firestorm all those little critters and make yourself unstoppable.

The obvious water portion is obvious :P

Pros:
- Extremely sustiable in damage and can eventually out damage any healing an opponent can do.
- Strong amount of stall power
- Good for most, if not all, levels of the arena. (bronze/silver/gold/plat)
- Lots of strong variations can be made for PvP/arena.
- Fun to play :)

Cons:
- Quantum issues at times
- No/low burst damage

Anyway, I really enjoy this deck and with many variants could be a strong PvP deck as well. Although, it does demands that the quantum balance be hardly messed with or the deck will become unstable and not strong enough to function by itself. Have fun with the deck guys, hope you enjoy it ;)
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg373683#msg373683
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 05:25:22 pm »
I really like this deck.  It looks so much like trying to force a square peg into a round hole, but it ends up being so much more complex than that.  While I haven't actively played this deck myself (outside of the trainer), it seems like it takes some practice to use most effectively.  I do also really like the fact that you've accounted for many of the major decktypes that are run in the three lower leagues (Immorush, Novabows, Mono Aether, Firestall, and Timebows) with at least the chance to beat them all.  Running an Arena deck that doesn't have to autoquit at certain foes is a huge advantage over so many that people run.  All in all, a very good, very fun deck.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374130#msg374130
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:44:57 am »
Yeah Steam Machine trios are full of win.  If Arena wasn't so terribly biased towards countering my decks even after switching them I would have submitted Mito-Steam Machines for Trials instead -_-

The additional Death aspect to this deck is what really gives it flavor though; being able to become a stall as well as break them down is hard for one single deck to do and I feel this one does that quite well.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Jaymanfu

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Jaymanfu is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Do or do not, there is no try
  • Awards: War #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374141#msg374141
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:11:57 am »
Very nice, one of the more unique decks chosen, good job.

• thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374147#msg374147
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 01:29:56 am »
Very nice, one of the more unique decks chosen, good job.
Thank you, jay.

Yeah Steam Machine trios are full of win.  If Arena wasn't so terribly biased towards countering my decks even after switching them I would have submitted Mito-Steam Machines for Trials instead -_-

The additional Death aspect to this deck is what really gives it flavor though; being able to become a stall as well as break them down is hard for one single deck to do and I feel this one does that quite well.
The death aspect is really what makes it work better than I expected and the mito-steamies were so boss it's how I got the idea from this deck :)

wavedash

Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374156#msg374156
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 02:05:51 am »
I wonder if anyone besides myself thinks that putting FIVE cards in a deck for the sole reason of being able to play TWO cards is silly.

• Lost in time...
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374159#msg374159
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 02:10:29 am »
Not if those 2 cards make the difference between a win and a lose, the 5 is worth it.

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374219#msg374219
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 07:51:56 am »
Given the saturation of PC in the arena, why even run the arsenics?  You could bump the water pends by 1 and a third steam machine.   Or bump water pend by 1 and add a 6th poison.  Seems a little more resilient that way and turns part of the opponent's deck.
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374223#msg374223
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 08:08:19 am »
Given the saturation of PC in the arena, why even run the arsenics?  You could bump the water pends by 1 and a third steam machine.   Or bump water pend by 1 and add a 6th poison.  Seems a little more resilient that way and turns part of the opponent's deck.
Bone Wall protects the Arsenics by acting as a decoy -- Bone Walls are a higher priority target for permanent control, and therefore will be destroyed/stolen before Arsenics.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374353#msg374353
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 06:25:18 pm »
Bone Wall protects the Arsenics by acting as a decoy -- Bone Walls are a higher priority target for permanent control, and therefore will be destroyed/stolen before Arsenics.
Oh wow.  Ok.  Arsenic away then :-)
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

wavedash

Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374376#msg374376
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 07:33:34 pm »
Not if those 2 cards make the difference between a win and a lose, the 5 is worth it.
What if you could make the same difference with fewer cards? It's not like you could power the two cards with your mark.

• Lost in time...
Re: [Death Trials (TNG)] Weathering the storm https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29236.msg374426#msg374426
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 08:58:53 pm »
What if you could make the same difference with fewer cards? It's not like you could power the two cards with your mark.
See, I could power 2 steamies off the mark easily and use fire towers, but then I have late game water quantum wasted (which I have some already wasted with pends) and the fire mark consistently gets that fire up and moving. I mean do you know about those 12 explosions and EQ decks? :P I also find water pends witll normally get the steamies our faster than just the mark anyway.

anything
blarg: thenewguy