*Author

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1235742#msg1235742
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 06:28:17 pm »
Yeah, only the war champion... a master could be defeated as he failed to reach the ultimate goal of winning the war over other masters.  So we are talking about 1/12 masters :)
If you look at the votes of the past wars... the defending champion gets near 100% of the votes... people want that person to defend whoever it is.  Another side effect is it means a match that is totally uneven with a full up deck vs a third/half deck on the other side.   And since war winners leaders are all pro the chance of a loss in a bo9 is really really slim.

Also in a shrinking community, we have to be creative to make things still challenging... putting the challengers on 11 elements instead of 12 helps that!

So instead of trialing for my element, I won't join trials at all, and it will help against the shrinking of community, doubtful.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Physsion

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Your friendly neighbourhood owl
  • Awards: 11th Trials - Master of DarknessSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of Darkness2nd Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerMaster Flag - Winner (Air Flag)9th Trials - Master of DarknessSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1235743#msg1235743
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 06:51:11 pm »
This has been suggested before, but the defending champion (Physsion here) should automaticly be master for the next term unless he steps down.  I don't think any winning master lost (might be wrong) but it would look wrong if Physsion couldn't have defend.  Also, a nice side effect would have been that some if not all of the challengers could have try for another element hence helping the strength of the competition where it was needed.  This should be announced before next war starts so it doesn't look as a favor to whoever wins this one!   
Where would the fun in that be? :P

I also disagree with it - I think every player has the right to challenge for their favourite element, regardless of the performance of the previous term's Master.

Aves, chrispy, Dani and Joey all knew I had become GM when they signed up for Trials, but there's absolutely no way I'd want to prevent them from doing so. Having a full set of trialists for my favourite Element makes me proud to be the "leader" of it (even if they are trying to take my throne!)

Trials is a really fun event for me, and I wouldn't want to take a free win based on any circumstances. If I had lost this battle, my opponent would have thereby proved he/she was more suitable for the title than myself - I wouldn't sit by and prevent players from having that opportunity to prove themselves.

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1235746#msg1235746
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 07:10:34 pm »
This has been suggested before, but the defending champion (Physsion here) should automaticly be master for the next term unless he steps down.  I don't think any winning master lost (might be wrong) but it would look wrong if Physsion couldn't have defend.  Also, a nice side effect would have been that some if not all of the challengers could have try for another element hence helping the strength of the competition where it was needed.  This should be announced before next war starts so it doesn't look as a favor to whoever wins this one!   
Where would the fun in that be? :P

I also disagree with it - I think every player has the right to challenge for their favourite element, regardless of the performance of the previous term's Master.

Aves, chrispy, Dani and Joey all knew I had become GM when they signed up for Trials, but there's absolutely no way I'd want to prevent them from doing so. Having a full set of trialists for my favourite Element makes me proud to be the "leader" of it (even if they are trying to take my throne!)

Trials is a really fun event for me, and I wouldn't want to take a free win based on any circumstances. If I had lost this battle, my opponent would have thereby proved he/she was more suitable for the title than myself - I wouldn't sit by and prevent players from having that opportunity to prove themselves.

I guess this won't pass as a suggestion then... 
This wasn't meant to remove any fun for you of course! I still believe that if Aves for example wanted to be a master he could have gone anywhere else and had a fair chance and make the race more exciting then say in Entropy where we had only 2 candidates from the start.  There is of course the risk that some like jijo would rather not go in the trials at all if they can't enter a given element though.

And yeah it was good to see you had many people trying for darkness... but there is a higher risk every war that we will see an element no one even tries to master.

that said, I see it is highly unpopular and there is more important stuff in war then this so let's move on :P

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1256755#msg1256755
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 05:15:16 pm »
If you have any suggestions, now would be a great to time to tell us about it!  :D

TRIALS HYPE
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1256756#msg1256756
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 05:16:44 pm »
TRIALS HYPE

Suggestion: Skip brawl and let's get to trials already!

TRIALS HYPE

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1256761#msg1256761
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:51 pm »
Suggestion: Skip Trials and War and jump straight to next Brawl after this one is over!
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1256774#msg1256774
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 11:49:36 pm »
Suggestion: Skip Trials and War and jump straight to next Brawl after this one is over!

Thing is, do you have  a theme for next brawl ready?
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 10th Trials - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61858.msg1256835#msg1256835
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2017, 05:17:55 am »
I want to see you challenge for Master of Death, Fippe.  So should asdw. TRIALS HYPE!!!
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

blarg: Khaleesi