*Author

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg254599#msg254599
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 10:38:18 pm »
Many people see Water for only its fantastic shield. How would you prove to them that Water has alot of other good cards?
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,12916.0.html (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,12916.0.html)

This deck can defeat Fire Stall in most cases.
No Permafrost Shield.
Just creatures.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg254706#msg254706
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 12:26:57 am »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

*sigh* I also wished I conjured a nicer question (similar to the last questions for Water), but unfortunately I couldn't really come up with anything, so I hope you don't mind this one. :(

Q: Despite being the ‘last-place’ element in the war, you guys did a great job. However, it appears that there was a decent amount of chaos with people dropping out and promotions (for unfortunate reasons (Essence) and also unverified ones (*cough*) as well). If you were on Team Water for the War, or took a look at the War #2 archives, what do you think was the number one reason why Team Water finished the way they did? If you can’t single out a reason, list multiple reasons out instead.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg254777#msg254777
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 01:49:51 am »
It is one thing to know thyself.  It is another to know thy enemy.
What is Fire?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg254979#msg254979
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 07:13:20 am »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

*sigh* I also wished I conjured a nicer question (similar to the last questions for Water), but unfortunately I couldn't really come up with anything, so I hope you don't mind this one. :(

Q: Despite being the ‘last-place’ element in the war, you guys did a great job. However, it appears that there was a decent amount of chaos with people dropping out and promotions (for unfortunate reasons (Essence) and also unverified ones (*cough*) as well). If you were on Team Water for the War, or took a look at the War #2 archives, what do you think was the number one reason why Team Water finished the way they did? If you can’t single out a reason, list multiple reasons out instead.
Bad RNG luck. We had some bad RNG luck in some games, (see Smuglapse vs RavingRabbid, where only a Discord on drugs could have won them the game). Also, poor "future" deckbuilding". We based our discards only on the following round, while we should have kept some more thing in account for future matches. Also, we were quanta starvated. In almost every round, we had to get some water pillars/pendulums for converting.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Lord Seagull
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg254982#msg254982
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 07:24:19 am »
What is Fire?
Whoa, tough question.

Again, I'll think as Element Fire, and not "Visible Chemical Reaction."

Fire is one of the hardest element to fight, and also one of the most favorited.
But Fire has something in common with Water. It's about dominating your opponent.

I hope this question wasn't poorly answered for you, in case, tell me so and I'll reanswer it, but I'm in a hurry.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg254986#msg254986
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 07:28:12 am »
What is Fire?
Whoa, tough question.

Again, I'll think as Element Fire, and not "Visible Chemical Reaction."

Fire is one of the hardest element to fight, and also one of the most favorited.
But Fire has something in common with Water. It's about dominating your opponent.

I hope this question wasn't poorly answered for you, in case, tell me so and I'll reanswer it, but I'm in a hurry.
Yeah this answer was not complete. (It is the Element Fire). Give your answer about 75% of the effort answering what is the Element Water.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg255003#msg255003
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 08:35:13 am »
What is Water's flavour?

(Answer as creatively as possible.)
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Jappert

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Jappert is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: War #4 - Sportsmanship AwardVery Short Story: Who are the Elders? WinnerThe Binder of Elements (Forum Profile Deck Winner)
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg255009#msg255009
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 09:06:09 am »
If there is one nationality on earth that knows how to live with water, it's the Dutch ;)

You got my vote!

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg255015#msg255015
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 09:16:18 am »
I'm nilsieboy,
I'm a great fan of water and I've been a long time with this community now.
I have enough time as a master (some hours a day) and I'd love to help the community with it. A lot of new players think: Water is the 'weakest element'. I know water isn't. I have a lot of experience with water from the last final battles, General from team water and a lot of other events.
This war, water's start wasn't great. We had fast quanta problems, we missed important decks and didn't prepare enough. I wanna show next war that water CAN do better, I wanna change the vision of water is the 'weakest element' for a lot of players and I think I'm a good candidate for it ;). I wanna show the true power of water so I ask you guys here to help me with it, I won't dissepoint you as master.
Water needs a new flow, a new wave, a new master.
:water nilsieboy :water
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Lord Seagull
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg255067#msg255067
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 11:06:46 am »
What is Fire?
Fire is evil.
Fire is destruction.
I don't really know what Fire is, I don't really care about it.
Fire is the "rushiest" element and, at the same time, the one with the best stall.
That's why facing Fire is hard. Will they stall, rush or both?

What is Water's flavour?

(Answer as creatively as possible.)
Water tastes like victory.
And smells like Teen Spirit.
Also, Hot Chocolate. Water tastes a lot like Hot Chocolate.

QuantumT

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg255070#msg255070
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:07 am »
I'm going to take this in a bit different direction than most and ask you a little about deckbuilding.

What (war legal) decks would you build to defeat these two decks?

The decks should be all unupped and preferably not involve and nymphs as you don't know who will have to face down the decks.

Also, though the decks should be targeted counters, they shouldn't fall apart against other decks.

Code: [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52r 52r 542 542
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 590 590 590 590 590 590 593 593 593 593 5f6 5og 5oi 5oi 61qI'm not looking for some completely tested deck that totally owns them, more a deck that should in theory work as an expression of deck building creativity.

EDIT: Slight change on the wording to clarify.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Lord Seagull
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20052.msg255075#msg255075
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 11:21:38 am »
This is for the first deck.

5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 622 622 622 63a

This is for the second.

4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i7 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp

blarg: