*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg141267#msg141267
« on: August 18, 2010, 01:17:03 pm »
Phase 3 - Battles

Please post Phase 3 results here. Thanks.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg141884#msg141884
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52:15 am »
My time as of this post is 12:50, about an hour after noon.

I could play from 10.00 to 22.00, but I'd prefer to play after 18.00.
I have an exam next Monday, and I'm studying for it, that's why.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg142632#msg142632
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 04:26:23 pm »
guolin, since I'm going away on Monday and coming back Friday due to an exam, I'd like you to come in chat tomorrow at about this time.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

guolin

Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg142826#msg142826
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:11:18 pm »
I should be around on Sunday, all day American time most likely.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg143037#msg143037
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 02:25:22 am »
Jumbalumba 2 - Essence 0

I continued my streak of horrible luck in important games today.  The first game should by all rights have been mine -- I had Mind Flayers to his Graviton Firemasters -- but I started with a whopping 1 pillar and took several turns to get up to speed, and he countered with Black Holes, mocking me in my quantalessness.  Top it off with a complete lack of Permafrost shields despite 2 in the deck, and I was surprised to get him below half health.

Game 2, he upgraded to Chargers and Flying Titans, which I still could have handled with my Mind Flayers and Permafrost, except the Permafrost never showed up, so he basically chewed through me faster than I could chew through him.

Same deck both games:
Code: [Select]
5if 5if 5if 5if 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7go 7go 7go 7gp 7gp 808 808 80e 80h 80h 80i
If not for my bad luck with towers, I believe the first game would have been mine, the second his, and the third would just depend on whether or not I guessed correctly in taking a more speed poison kind of approach (basically, if he took Otys, I would lose, if not, I should win.)

Next up: Terroking.  I know Terroking's weakness, and he knows I know it.  This will be fun. :)
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Jumbalumba

Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg143047#msg143047
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 02:43:11 am »
Good games essence. I was more afraid of poison stall really but lobo would generally have worked well against my graviton firemasters and phoenixes.

Also I do believe your next match is against the loser of B which is MrBlonde or Gl1tch. I think Xinef pulled out.

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg143077#msg143077
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 03:35:29 am »
Good games essence. I was more afraid of poison stall really but lobo would generally have worked well against my graviton firemasters and phoenixes.

Also I do believe your next match is against the loser of B which is MrBlonde or Gl1tch. I think Xinef pulled out.
And Gl1tch lost that matchup this morning so it's me and you Jumba.  ;)

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg143107#msg143107
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 04:20:41 am »
Don't worry Essence, I'm sure you'll overcome your bad luck streak, mines far worse.

0 wins in a PVP event since the last trials.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg145148#msg145148
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 11:23:25 pm »
...And Gl1tch was right.

Essence 3:Gl1tch 0

Yeah, we played 3 games because Game 2 'kind of' desynched, even though we were able to finish it (and I won).

Game 1:
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rq 6rq 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dm 7do 7do 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gp 7gp 7gq 7gr 7gr 7h0 7h2 7h2 7h2
I was thinking, Life doesn't have much permanent control, so a little Shard+Shield action, with some Octopods to slow things even further, would give me plenty of time to build up a phat Steam Machine and crush him.

Instead, what happened was that I put down a single Steam Machine and built it up unitl it ate him, and the only thing he did all game was Aflatoxin it -- which took so long to kill it that it ate him first.  End of game.

Round 2:
5rg 5rg 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7go 7go 7go 7go 7gp 7gp 7gq 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7q5 7q5 7q8
This was my take on Fire Stall, only with Water.  Same theory as before, but replace Steam Machines with Ice Bolts.

He played Adrenaline Staves+Frogs, but the Adrenaline came entirely from Green Nymphs, which I froze w/Permafrost and Squids before they could start Adrenalining anything.  Without Adrenaline, his damage couldn't even start to keep up with my healing, and he quit.

Game 3:
6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 778 778 77i 77j 77j 77j 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gp 7gp 7gq 7gs 7gt 7gt 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu
Basic theory here: get in some quick Poison with Pufferfish, deny quanta with EQ+Poseidon, and sit back and wait for Poison to kill with Dragons as backup/finisher.  Gl1tch played a :life / :light poison deck (scorpions, Adrenaline, and blessing).  He never really got a lot of quanta what with my EQs, whereas I got plenty of quanta and ended the game with 3 Puffer Fish and 1 Dragon to his 1 double-blessed Adrenalined Scorpion, and 68 HP and 4 Poison to his 0 HP and 21 Poison.

If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg145152#msg145152
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 11:26:47 pm »
He played Adrenaline Staves+Frogs, but the Adrenaline came entirely from Green Nymphs, which I froze w/Permafrost and Squids before they could start Adrenalining anything.  Without Adrenaline, his damage couldn't even start to keep up with my healing, and he quit.
Not true.  4 adrenaline spells, and 2 nymphs.

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg145159#msg145159
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 11:33:05 pm »
So we get to see a Fire vs Water match.
I wish you luck with that. I bet it will be a great thing to spectate.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Battles https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11495.msg145164#msg145164
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 11:38:49 pm »
So we get to see a Fire vs Water match.
I wish you luck with that. I bet it will be a great thing to spectate.
Yea, I'm looking forward to it.  Water, with it's versatility, versus fire, with it's monotony.  Will Antagon's crafty Pew Pews win, or will Essence think of a way around the destruction of his permanents, creatures, and health?

blarg: