*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134392#msg134392
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:05:37 pm »
Phase 2 - Community Vote
Phase 2 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134418#msg134418
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:28:01 pm »
I want everyone to know that I voted for ItzSean, not because I wouldn't make the best master -- I would -- but because of the challengers, I think he's the best, and I want him to come at me with the best he can muster. 

Bring it!
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134431#msg134431
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:37:54 pm »
 :water nilsieboy :water

i wanna be the new master of water because it's my favorite element and i'd like to help it.
i like water because we're an element that has everything,defence,rush,stall,healing,permanent control and of course the best creature control in the game!
water is an awesome element but it need some more attention,water is played to few and i'd like to see more water players.
if you have questions why you'd like to see me as master feel free to ask them!
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Scaredgirl

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134459#msg134459
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »
I want everyone to know that I voted for ItzSean, not because I wouldn't make the best master -- I would -- but because of the challengers, I think he's the best, and I want him to come at me with the best he can muster. 

Bring it!
Hm.. interesting..

Seems like the challenger you think is the best just happens to be the one candidate that got zero points during phase one, when all the other challengers got the full 10 points. If I were a skeptic I would say that you want people to vote for ItzSean so that these strong challengers would get less points. :)

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134489#msg134489
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »

Bring it!
Hm.. interesting..

Seems like the challenger you think is the best just happens to be the one candidate that got zero points during phase one, when all the other challengers got the full 10 points. If I were a skeptic I would say that you want people to vote for ItzSean so that these strong challengers would get less points. :)
Except that doesn't make sense, because they would ALSO get less points if everyone voted for Essence.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134506#msg134506
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 05:38:46 pm »
Ok, I want to be master of Water because the first effective deck I have ever built was a mono-water. Since then, my favourite element has always been water. I am a guy with some serious connection issues, and glasses issues too. By the way, I've always been a loyal person, with high moral principles and good English marks (This doesn't prevents me from writing stupid things).

Vote for me,

and feel free to ask me questions.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

guolin

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134557#msg134557
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 07:27:59 pm »
Why should you vote for me, Guolin? Let's start with how I have helped the community.

First of all, I am known for making card ideas - many of my ideas are unique and balanced. I have made two series that focus on making Mono-water stronger, while applying to the Water theme of control.

I am also found of Water-Air duos, and have made a few decks that are mainly Water-based but also have a mark of Air. In addition to Water-Air duos, I have made and published decks of other elements.

Let's talk about what I will do for the community.

I will continue to make decks using new cards and explore a variety of combinations that have rarely been touched before. I will continue to make card ideas that will enlighten the community and give our great game developer, Zanzarino, ideas for actual in-game cards. I will do my best to organize whatever needs to be organized, post whatever needs to be posted, and help out new players and experienced players alike.

Another reason you should vote for me? We have cookies seaweed!

Scaredgirl

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134578#msg134578
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 08:00:07 pm »

Bring it!
Hm.. interesting..

Except that doesn't make sense, because they would ALSO get less points if everyone voted for Essence.
Most people vote for either current Master, or the best challenger. Essence used a cunning strategy of basically telling everyone "if you don't vote for me, vote for ItzSean!". It's cunning because votes that ItzSean gets, are basically wasted because with zero points from phase 1, it's very unlikely that ItzSean will face Essence in the final battle. If instead of ItzSean, people voted for one of the other 3 challengers, it would be much worse for Essence because his current point disadvantage might get bigger, making the final battle that much more difficult.

I personally voted for Essence because I think he has done a good job as a Master of :water. War event was a bit of a disaster but other than that, everything has been pretty good. Also everyone should take into consideration that Essence organized PvP events while doing phase 1 which is why he probably didn't have time to finish both tasks.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134584#msg134584
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:07:35 pm »
You know, some elements can control the dimensions, and make cookies appear out of thin air...::)

Anyways...this will probably be my longest out of my posts analyzing the people going for trials.

First off, Essence. He did a good job as Master of Water. He also makes some pretty well-thought-out posts, and lead Team Water in the last war. Also, he excels at leading PvP events, and he contributes in the Forum Games section.

Next up is Guolin. He makes very interesting and balanced card ideas, and he's a good deck builder as well. Even though he hasn't been here all that long, he knows his way around the forums, and posts quite a bit

I don't know all that much about the rest of the competitors, but here's what I can see so far. There's nilsieboy, who's a pretty good deck builder too and he's pretty good in PvP.

RavingRabbid is also good in PvP, and he helps people in chat. He'seems pretty nice to all the noobs that go through.Lastly, there's ItzSean. He hasn't showed himself in the trials yet, but I know he fought on Team Water in the last war.

This is going to be one of the closest races, with 3 challengers having 10 points and the master having a few too. This is anyone's game, and whoever wins, Team Water will be pretty good in the next war.

discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134592#msg134592
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 08:13:31 pm »
Why should you vote for me, Guolin? Let's start with how I have helped the community.

First of all, I am known for making card ideas - many of my ideas are unique and balanced. I have made two series that focus on making Mono-water stronger, while applying to the Water theme of control.

I am also found of Water-Air duos, and have made a few decks that are mainly Water-based but also have a mark of Air. In addition to Water-Air duos, I have made and published decks of other elements.

Let's talk about what I will do for the community.

I will continue to make decks using new cards and explore a variety of combinations that have rarely been touched before. I will continue to make card ideas that will enlighten the community and give our great game developer, Zanzarino, ideas for actual in-game cards. I will do my best to organize whatever needs to be organized, post whatever needs to be posted, and help out new players and experienced players alike.

Let me add that Guolin is pretty active on Kong chat and is very helpful to new players, helping them improve their decks/strategies.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134604#msg134604
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 08:25:38 pm »
Meh, Guolin is good at basic levels. He couldn't design an unique deck capable of beating 12 gods ù_ù
I'm doing inverted propaganda.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

guolin

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10937.msg134664#msg134664
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 09:08:51 pm »
Meh, Guolin is good at basic levels. He couldn't design an unique deck capable of beating 12 gods ù_ù
I'm doing inverted propaganda.
I didn't feel like finishing the 2 FG's I needed to beat. Also, all the competitors were doing FG's, so yeah.

blarg: