*Author

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460303#msg460303
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 06:02:36 pm »
@Everyone - Why/What do you like about Water? (As an Element, not as Real. "Oh I like it because it keeps me alive.")
At this point, I could say anything to say I like :water. I'm so used to liking :water that Toadfish is smiling to me.
I LOVE THE WHOLE WATER! Except SoP (which isn't really Water). SoP sucks.

RR: Demonstrate your love for kissfish in lyrical verse.
I totally fail at poetry.
//this will come in a later post, I apologize.

RR - you seem to rage ALOT about RNG. Makes me feel that you believe that you would win every battle if you RNG was even. I'm not saying you might be the unluckiest player in elements. What are your thoughts on that statement. BTW i have much respect for you as always.
I started to wonder that, too. But I think I just build decks borderline to be unusable. Somehow during tests, everything goes straight, so I don't expect an utter failure.

Darkness and water are 2 elements that do not synergize exactly well.

What card idea do you think would enforce this synergy?
This (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35338.0.html) might get a Darkness-Water deck interesting. Getting a card like Parasite/Bloodsucker freeze support, while also giving water PC would open up an interesting deck. Or this (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35055), in its unupped form.

In a PvP duell with war rules but no water creatures allowed between the two of you, who wins? (Yeah, do it pls  )
Uuuh. I guess this can only be answered by a fight.

RavingRabbid
Last trials, you had a 7 upped card advantage and lost. This trials you will no doubt it will be even greater. Let's say the polls end up 70%/30% in your favor, you'll have a 23-9 upped card advantage. How do you plan on using this to your favor?
I guess last trials are going to haunt me forever. I have no plans on final battle yet.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460319#msg460319
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 06:34:04 pm »
@Everyone - Why/What do you like about Water? (As an Element, not as Real. "Oh I like it because it keeps me alive.")
At this point, I could say anything to say I like :water. I'm so used to liking :water that Toadfish is smiling to me.

I just had to do this.

Make a deck where SoP is needed, or at least a big part of, the deck/combo. (Wadur plox.)

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460333#msg460333
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:43 pm »

I just had to do this.

Make a deck where SoP is needed, or at least a big part of, the deck/combo. (Wadur plox.)
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rv 6rv 6rv 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74g 7ap 7ap 7dm 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7go 7go 7gs 7gs 7gv 7h1 7n0 8pj

It's one of those things I use when I'm bored. Do-do-do-do-do.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460350#msg460350
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:38 pm »
'Zat is very good. Now to wait for thee tiko.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Lord Seagull
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460355#msg460355
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:17 pm »
Once looking in a river
Something pink I startled
It didn't look like a beaver
but it made me feel less thwarted.
Out of the water it jumped
Oh, sh- it was a kissfish.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460593#msg460593
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 12:02:51 pm »
Not knowing who to vote for I voted for Tiko in order to improve the quality of the final battle.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

MrBlonde

Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460737#msg460737
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44:25 pm »
RR - you seem to rage ALOT about RNG. Makes me feel that you believe that you would win every battle if you RNG was even. I'm not saying you might not be the unluckiest player in elements. What are your thoughts on that statement. BTW i have much respect for you as always.
I started to wonder that, too. But I think I just build decks borderline to be unusable. Somehow during tests, everything goes straight, so I don't expect an utter failure.
Thanks for your candid response RR. Sorry if the wording was a bit harsh. You're obviously a great PvPer and i think it's been pretty sweet that me you and Nils have been or are Masters.  :D

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460760#msg460760
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:26 pm »
Raving and Tiko, both of you have spent one term as a Master of Water. What do you feel was your highest point in your Masterhood?

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Lord Seagull
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460901#msg460901
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 07:58:23 am »
Raving and Tiko, both of you have spent one term as a Master of Water. What do you feel was your highest point in your Masterhood?
Hiring the War #3 team Water for almost no cards (iirc, only :aether was cheaper.)

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg460953#msg460953
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:23:05 pm »
Hiring the War #3 team Water for almost no cards (iirc, only :aether was cheaper.)
That'd be :life
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg461062#msg461062
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:25 pm »
My challenge to all competitors:
Build me a deck with Flooding in it and 50% water that can defeat a Gold league deck.
Good luck and have fun!

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36650.msg461681#msg461681
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 02:59:28 pm »
I guess many of you have already voted, so.. sorry for the late responses, it's better later than never. Well, here we go:

Quote from: Kuroaitou
Q: “Out of all the Water cards available to you, name one Water card that you would love to be real (an ability, a creature that you can control for a pet, or even an artifact/permanent). If you were to die, who would you pass that ‘gift’ onto?”
I would love to have a permanent Ice 'Shield' effect. So that the people who are poking me from time to time to do things I have no mood for would just 'chill' down a bit and be a bit more patient. It'd be wonderful.
I'd probably pass it to my brother, as I guess he'd also love to have a similar effect against pushy people.

Quote from: calindu221
Q for Tiko:"How was the feeling when you saw you will use way less upgrades than RR, how was the feeling after you won?"
It wasn't anything special, as I never really expected to compete with him in number of votes, and by that, upgrades. Also the moment he won the Master's Tourney I even questioned my own participation in Trials. Also I never really accepted the fact that I could become a Master, even though I knew I was capable to do it.

The moment I won felt awkwardly neutral. I expected trumpets and rainbows, but only tiredness came and the only rejoice that it's over. I was also pretty confused, as I couldn't have made my comeback if it wasn't for Rav's honesty.

Quote from: Dm1321
The thing I like the most about Water, that it has a little bit of (almost) everything on its own, and yet sleek enough to incorporate any other element.

In the very beginning I think I've seen it as a sort of 'underdog' amongst the elements, and I always liked to tinker with the underrated or ignored 'solutions' in games.
Also, the first Draft  forced me to use many Water cards for the first time, and I started to realize throughout the event the many powerful possibilities the element has. I've been enjoying it ever since.

Quote from: Mrblonde
Tiko - I was really high on you last War and was prepping to bid a good amount on you in auction if you were available. What happened? It seemed like you fell off the map. If you win are you going to lead your team?
This last War was probably the lowest point in my 'elements carreer'. For those who don't know, the time before War #4 started we had some complications with the ISP in our region and soon after our internet was turned off for quite some time. Well, it turned out that another company bought up the whole place and denied service to anyone that'd happen to have debts prevailing instantly. This came right before the launch of the event, and by the time people were busy preparing tactics and vaults, we were nowhere to be found. Not only team Water lost its general right from the start, but another teammate who just happens to be my brother, but is an experienced player and a so-called "war-vet". This forced 'holiday' costed me the focus I held for the game, and is somewhat lasting since. And by the time we could come back online, Shantu wasn't needed anymore to fight and the increased casualties of War made clear that the team is crippled. I'm glad the core of team Water were there to still stand up to the spot.

My intention in War #4 was to bring Water *much* closer to the finish-line and prove its strengths amongst the top elements - obviously this failed more than I had ever imagined. Yet I still hold to this goal whether I'm General or not; and the ones who were there in War #3 know that I'm ready to do it.

Quote from: ji412jo
Darkness and water are 2 elements that do not synergize exactly well.

What card idea do you think would enforce this synergy?
Well, if you ask me, Water has plenty to gain from Darkness even already, but like TorB said someday: "but on the other hand... " Darkness gains very little to nothing with the use of Water cards. To be honest, I didn't find any Card Idea really outstanding  that'd really strengthen both elements and the synergy between on both sides. But I do hope to see it someday.

Quote from: Kakerlake
In a PvP duell with war rules but no water creatures allowed between the two of you, who wins?
Umm.. if we must..

Quote from: majofa
Last War, RavingRabbid was the acting General, should we just plan on him being Master as well? Is he better suited to do so?
The reasons why Rav held the General title I already explained above. Also note that when it became necessary, I've personally voted for him to become a substitute as General, as he already had experience with it.

If me or Raving is the better suited to be a Master, that is for you to decide. I guess that is what these Trials are for. My love for the element haven't faded in the year(s), and I doubt it will anytime soon. (SoP was a great trial of dedication, though..)

Quote from: Dm1321
by Tiko
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6rv 6rv 6rv 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7k1 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

Water/Light stall, the fun edition.

Quote from: Zblader
Maybe when I managed to gather (almost) the whole of my team Water dreamteam, that felt great for a moment. But I don't remember any really impressive moments.

Quote from: agentflare
Build me a deck with Flooding in it and 50% water that can defeat a Gold league deck.
Maybe a bit later.

:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

blarg: RavingRabbid,Tiko