*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1231959#msg1231959
« on: April 30, 2016, 03:59:46 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
HAS RUN OUT

:waterbig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules.
To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Requirements:
-Evidence of Score Requirement
-Evidence of Established Account Requirement

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for Task 2:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for Task 3:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
-Evidence of participation last brawl
-If you were a Boss, evidence of your Boss-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

Remember, the Requirements to Challenge are:

• 30,000+ score in Elements
  • 200+ forum posts
  • Joined the forums no less than 3 months ago (at the time of signing up)
  • Participation in at least three separate PVP Events (Leagues, War, Weekly Tournaments, etc.)
Spamming the forums to get those 200 posts is not allowed, and you have to provide a screen shot of your score.

A player may participate in Trials without meeting the 200 post and 30,000 score requirements if they are able to provide evidence of a significant PVP achievement. Examples of sufficient achievements are:
  • Winning a Weekly Tournament
  • A top 3 finish in either of the PVP Leagues
  • A top 3 finish in a PVP event
  • Finishing on 1 of the top 3 War teams
  • Becoming a Master of any Element

Note: In the event more there are more than four applicants (including the defending master) for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:

Master ddevans96 of :water has his decision pending.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:58:42 am by Zawadx »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1231990#msg1231990
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 10:36:56 pm »
My decision to defend is pending. If you are considering challenging on the premise that I will or will not defend, contact me in private and I'll give you details about where I stand.

Unrelated: I approve of the hex code used in this thread
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:02:29 am by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232053#msg1232053
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 12:50:38 pm »
Hi I'm in (will edit everything in later.)

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232182#msg1232182
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:10:20 pm »
JonathanCrazyJ Challenges For Water

By now, everyone knows my affinity with water. 2 Water Team Brawls, one of them as Boss, a Water Trials and a Water War.

AP knows who he's supporting.

Phase 1: Complete

Unlocked Elements:  :earth :rainbow :aether :gravity :air :light
Unlocked Upgrades: 4 Creatures, 2 Spells, 6 Any

-Evidence of 551640+ Score Requirement:
Spoiler for Screenie:
-Evidence of 2012 Established Account Requirement:
Spoiler for Screenie:
-Participation in recent PvP:
1. World Championship 2015 - Winner.
2. Battle League 3/2015 - Winner.
3. Weekly Tournament October 31 2015 - Dancing of the Dead - Winner.

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Being a War Reporter:

Being a War Reporter

Welcome to a deck spotlight by your friendly neighborhood Water enthusiast, JonathanCrazyJ. This week, we feature a commonly used, extremely effective Water deck.

Serpentine

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
595 595 595 595 595 595 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 7gm 7gm 7gs 7gs 7gs 7gt 7gt 8pm

This particular example was used in War #9, Round 4. It beat Light's Mercenary, treebeard xiii 3-1. For further examples of use, see the footnotes.

Deck Strategy

This deck is built to cripple the opponent, making it difficult to successfully play any creature, either by control or denial, and slowly whittle away their health with its own solid creatures. Works extremely well against Rush decks, Domination decks and some Combo strategies. The versatility of its shutdown abilities gives it a decent chance against a wide range of decks.

Card By Card

Basilisk Blood: Excellent stalling CC that works against anything that isn't immaterial. 6 turns of stalling is plenty to allow you time for the tide of battle to turn your way.

Poseidon: If you can get this out on turn 1 or 2, it can single handedly cripple your opponents quanta sources, giving you plenty of time to chip away at their health. It is important to upgrade these first, because costing 2 :earth per use is vastly superior to the 3 :earth needed for the unupgraded Trident.

Toadfish, Abyss Crawler, Arctic Dragon: All strong, high attack creatures that fill out your creature slots efficiently. Varied, because Toadfish and Arctic Dragon can get through Gravity Shields; Arctic Dragons can get through Wings, and Abyss Crawlers have a highly efficient quanta to damage ratio.

Other Options

Purify: If you are worried about Shard of Sacrifice or Poison strategies, one or two of these can be splashed.

Arctic Squid: Usually overkill, but splashing a few of these can cut any chance your opponent has of recovering from your early CC.

Nymph Tears: Two of these, or Nymph Queens, can allow you a chance against some stall decks that would usually dominate you.

Previous Use

War #8, Round 5: Unlucky to lose through bad draws vs. Death.

War #9, Round 6: Lost against a Creatureless counter.

Spoiler for Mastering the Cards:
Mastering the Cards

Water's card pool is one of the most diverse and interesting in the World of Elements, with five separate direct synergies with other elements. Lets take a look at three of those dual element cards now.

Chrysaora / Physalia

Usage

This little critter is unique in the game as the only creature capable of dealing poison counters directly to an enemy without having to deal damage. If unanswered, it can slowly but surely whittle an opponent's health down regardless of any shielding or Sundials. Interestingly, the upgraded version is sometimes less effective, as it can be damaged by Fire Shields and Spine Carapaces.
Another use for these cards is as in-element Shard of Patience fodder. As it only costs 1 :water, it can fill a creature slot cheaply and effectively in certain formats where you are required to have a certain percentage of cards in element.

Decks

Speed Poison
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71b 71b 71b 71b 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gl 7gn 7gn 7gn 8pp

This deck focuses on dealing many poison counters as quickly as possible. Physalia can be run off the mark, only costing 1 :water initially, and Bonewalls and Congeals can be used to simply delay the opponent's offensive strategies while you rack up poison counters.

Toxic Flooding
52s 52s 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ih 5ih 5j2 5j2 5j2 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 8pk

This is an interesting deck. Shard of Patience is designed to take your squids and Chrysaora out of CC range, and slowly reach a point where you can burst the Shard of Patience, having whittled their health down with poison from the Chrysaora, and kill your opponent in the same turn. The interesting part comes with Aflatoxin. By killing your first Chrysaora with Aflatoxin, Malignant Cells will flood your field, meaning your later played water creatures can be, if timed right, played in Flooded Areas, your Shard of Patience will allow you to reach a killing blow extremely quickly. Alternatively, play Aflatoxin on one of your opponent's creatures, and use flooding to completely shut down their ability to play creatures.

Toadfish / Puffer Fish

Usage

These creatures are a strange pair, and one whose function differs dramatically between the Upgraded and Unupgraded versions. Toadfish are one of the best unupgraded creatures for damage to cost ratio in the game, and can be used either simply as vanilla creatures, or if you have access to air quanta, a decent CC threat to your opponent. Puffer Fishes on the other hand are the most durable Venomous creatures in the game, with the added bonus of extra raw power. Being at 3 attack makes them perfect as an Adrenaline target. AdrennaPuffers deal 12 raw damage per turn and inflict 2 poison counters to boot!

Decks

Staff Puffers
5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7an 7gu 7gu 7gu 7gu 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pn

This is a funky little deck which addresses problems in two deck archetypes. Decks that focus simply on Adrenaline and Pufferfish sometimes take too long to set up, and can be beaten by rushier decks, while Adrennastaves sometimes suffer from having not enough damage potential, easily being walled or healed through. With this deck, you'll be trying to get an Adrennastaff out quickly against faster decks, and if you don't need the early healing, a faster AdrennaPuffer can set you up with early poison counters which will slowly take your opponent down as you heal through their offense. (Note. Staves are unupgraded because this allows an extra 5hp healed because Adrenaline gives an extra attack at 2 damage compared to 4 damage.)

Flying Fish
5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5id 5id 5id 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5ol 5ol 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 8pr

This Domination-style deck is designed to frustrate your opponent by preventing his creatures from damaging you, while killing off the ones that can. Wings work for even longer that Dimensional Shields, but flying creatures can still damage you. The Owl's Eyes and Toadfish can focus their CC on flying creatures, while ignoring grounded creatures which are walled by Wings. Dragons are a good back-up damage, because if your Wings are stolen, you'll be able to hit through it.

Steam Machine / Steam Machine

Usage

Steam Machines have the potential to be the most dangerous creatures in the game. Unchecked, and with enough quanta, they can grow at an alarming rate, and due to having high HP they can act as excellent stall-breakers in the right scenario. They can be slow to start, however, so need the right support to allow them to flourish. The Upgraded version also has a rather strange niche: other than Armagios, they are the highest HP creatures that can be targeted by Butterfly Effect.

Decks

Get On Up, It's Steaming Time
7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7h2 7h2 7h2 7h2 7h2 7h2 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 7qu 8ps

Steam Machines take a huge amount of quanta to fuel properly, so in this deck Shard of Readiness is used to cut the necessity for a Fire quanta split. This allows you to get Arctic Octopuses out much quicker, and be far freer to use their abilities.

Steamie Domin
5f6 5f6 5f6 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5io 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 8po

This is a very similar idea, but the fire splash gives you access to PC which can be vital in getting through shields, or destroying dangerous weapons such as Lobotomizer. The extra necessary quanta means you have more constructs, so late game, a Nymph Queen (or Nymph Tears) can give you an alternative stallbreaking tactic.

BONUS DECK

Remember how I said water has the most dual-element cards in the game? Well, say hello to...

WaderBow
5c1 5c1 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ii 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u8 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 747 7gl 7gl 7gs 7gs 7gs 7gv 7gv 7ju 7q3 7t9 8pp

Well, this utilizes all of Water's dual cards, plus Forest Spirits from Life which have a Water ability (intentionally unupgraded so they can be played with only one SuperNova). It is a balanced domination deck with elements of denial from Poseidon, CC and Ability control from Toadfishes and Ulitharids, and PC from Steal and Butterfly Effect (which can be played either on the Steam Machine, or on Physalia after your Death quanta has been used up.

Spoiler for Starting Your Own Little War:

Starting Your Own Little War

The Saint, The Demon and The God - Unupgraded

• Always read the second post! It contains equally important information most of the time.
  • Upgraded cards and Shards are NOT allowed.
  • Build 3 Decks. A Saint, A Demon and A God. Each type of deck has a set of Banned Cards, and a set of Key Cards
  • In a Saint deck, you must use at least 8 copies of cards in the Saint Key Card list and may not use any cards from the Saint Banned Card list. The same goes for The Demon and The God decks and lists.
  • All decks must include at least 2 non pillar/pendulum cards from more than one element (no monos).
  • You may not change or edit your 3 decks once the Tournament begins.
  • In all matches, you must use your Saint in Game 1, your Demon in Game 2, and your God if it reaches Game 3.
  • Nova, Immolation and Quantum Pillar are universally banned.
  • Feel free to ask a TO if your 3 decks are legal before the Tournament begins.

The Saint

Saint Bans
Saint Key Cards

The Demon

Demon Bans
Demon Key Cards

The God

God Bans
God Key Cards

Playable Water Decks

Spoiler for Playable Water Decks:
The Sanctified Saint
5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i9 5i9 5i9 5ia 5ia 5ih 5ih 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5lg 5lh 5lh 5li 5li 5li 5li 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5ls 5ls 5ls 8pq

The Steamed Demon
5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5i9 5i9 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5ii 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 8po

The Drowned God
4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 5i8 5i8 5i9 5i9 5i9 5i9 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ia 5ig 5ig 5ih 5ih 5ih 5ih 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 5jm 8pj

Spoiler for War/Brawl Bonus:
-9th War - Team Water. 11th Place.: +1 Point.
-I was Boss of 1st place Abyss Brawlers in Brawl #5: +3 Points.

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Water Trial #9, I came 2nd, losing 4-5 in the Final: +1 Point.
-Still hurts.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:01:48 am by JonathanCrazyJ »
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232187#msg1232187
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:13:51 pm »
-snipped-
-Water Trial #9, I came 2nd, losing 4-5 in the Final: +1 Points.
-Still hurts.

I can think of very few opponents to which that loss would be more palatable than ddevans96. :D
(I know the sting of 4-5 Trial Finals losses... once you get to the top of that mountain {at least once} the sting subsides but I won't lie, for me it has yet to fade more than a little -- just a lot less sting to it...)
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232188#msg1232188
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 02:15:34 pm »
*DoubleCapitals glares at Kuro.....

Redemption is a powerful tool.
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232189#msg1232189
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 03:00:59 pm »
* Basman-1453 floats in.

Spoiler for Established Game account:

Spoiler for Established Forum account:

Spoiler for Recent PvP participations:

Spoiler for Phase 1 tasks:
Spoiler for Task 1:
Waging War against the False Gods

Koshi-no-Yamata-no-Orochi, dragon of Kusanagi sleeping in the deep!
Grant me the forbidden wisdom with which to fight!

- Suitenguu no Himemiko

I don't think I can make the bizzare furigana the original quote in Japanese used work in the Forum~ X/

Hyperdimension "Urashima Stream"
61t 61t 61t 61t 61t 7gt 7gt 7gt 7gt 7gt 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 80d 80h 80h 80h 80h 816 816 816 816 8pu

The idea?
Arctic Dragon + Quintessence + Shard of Wisdom = invulnerable 17/5 striker dealing spell damage. Hide behind Dimensional Shields while those Dragons work their magic.

Action shots
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:

Spoiler for Task 2:
Mastering the Cards

Spoiler for Toadfish | Puffer Fish:
Toadfish | Puffer Fish

Overview: Mansion of Water ~ Submerge the mind.
They're one of those very few cards whose mechanics changes completely on upgrading. They can both poison stuff, but the stuff they poison are different and they poison those stuff differently as well. This makes the stuff that gives them great support differs as well.

Toadfishes: The Devil's Little Sibling
Toadfishes usually come for two purposes: as Water's efficient midrange hitter (6 attack at 5 Water) or as a repeatable, if slow, creature control. The latter purpose, as well as its 4 HP (which lets them get past Gravity Shield without being roasted by Rain of Fire), still offers it a niche in upgraded decks, where Abyss Crawlers are even more efficient (6 attack at 4 Water) but comes at 6 HP.

For one Air, a Toadfish Inflates on a creature, placing a poison counter on it. You can use them to slowly finish off your opponent's creatures. Thanks to its cheap cost, Mark of Air and a few pendulums can usually sustain ability usage for the entire battle. Good helps for Toadfishes spreading disease includes cards that delays their target (Arctic Squids and Freeze are good examples) and cards that deals instant damage to a creature (Shockwave and Ice Bolt works well for this, the former helps reinforce Air-Water synergy).

Of course, you're free to throw all subtlety to the wind, pun very much intended (especially if you're using them in decks without Air sources), and still get an efficient and durable midrange attacker. With possible non-Air companions ranging from Nymph's Tears, Nightmare, Basilisk Bloods, and beyond, the possibilities are almost as deep as the sea itself.

Finally, it should be noted that while it's Puffer Fishes that normally poisons the opposing player, a Toadfish can also technically poison the opposing player by having the Toadfish Inflate on a Voodoo Doll. The entire thing rarely happens, however, since that will require at least a trio (Toadfish hails from Water, Voodoo Doll hails from Darkness, and Inflate requires Air).

Puffer Fishes: Eternally Cunning Azure Moon
Puffer Fishes, on the other hand, comes with poison coated on their attack, inflicting one poison counter on the opposing Elemental upon attacking. They don't seem to be more dangerous than a Toadfish due to their 3 attack, and yet a few of them will steadily stack up poison counters on an unshielded enemy. Also, while Toadfishes requires Air to work its Inflation wonder, Puffer Fishes might as well throw all subtlety to the wind since their poison works innately and automatically.

As such, they are usually found on decks where piling poison counters are at least a secondary objective. Notable companions on decks where stacking those poison a primary objective includes Physalia, Poison, and Arsenic. Adrenaline also deserves a mention: casting one on a Puffer Fish will let it inflict 12 damage per turn (shields notwithstanding) and two poison counters. (But pray your enemy doesn't deploy shields with on-attack effects, lest the hastened Puffer Fishes will quickly overextend themselves! XP)

For decks where stacking those poison a secondary objective though, ... true, they seem to have a broader array of options, at least compared to other poison-inflicting creatures. Like Life's Scorpion, a Puffer Fish doesn't need a buff to stick their poison. They also pierce shields the best among poison-inflicting creatures, buffs notwithstanding. Problem is, like Life, Water has their own share of efficient midrange hitmen that pierces shields better at similar costs, despite not having the poison-on-attack.

True, a 3/5 creature that can poison a player might seem exiciting in paper, but there are some reasons why Puffer Fishes, like Life's Scorpions, don't see much action. The two are relying on their poison to do most of their damage, in elements where efficient midrange hitmen are abundant (even Elite Cockatrices, who doesn't see much action themselves due to being outclassed by Giant Frogs, are more efficient than a handful of other element's midrange hitmen) while having their (direct) attack less than their cost. And while Scorpions can probably still be forgiven because their 3 Life cost means you can probably Fractal them early before shields hit the field, good luck getting away with PufferTal and their 5 Water cost. You're probably better off Fractalling Abyss Crawlers (6/6 for 4 Water) or even Toadfishes (6/4 for 5 Water).

Spoiler for Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears:
Nymph's Tears | Nymph's Tears

Overview: Starting Your Own Institutional Racism
Normally, Nymphs are a treasure cannot be bought with electrum or rolled in the spins. They can only be acquired from the Oracle, winning PvP-related events organized by the Forum, or generous donations to sustain the Forum. For the rest of us, can we dream of commanding a Nymph? Nevermind just dream, you can actually do it. For the cost of a pillar and 7 Water (6 Water for upgraded Nymph's Tears), you can temporarily conjure a Nymph that works like any of those usual Nymph cards with Nymph's Tears.

How They Work: Mastering the Racial Profiling
The Nymph created will be related to the pillar or pendulum you made a Nymph out of. Trying to create a Nymph out of a Quantum Pillar/Tower will result in a random nymph, as anyone who have faced Jezebel might have learned. Creating one from a Mark card, which is even more scarce than a Nymph (since the Oracle won't give you one), will surprisingly generate a random Nymph as well. The card being upgraded will also decide if you'll get upgraded or unupgraded Nymph.

For example, casting this on an Emerald Pillar will get rid you of the pillar, but gives you a Green Nymph in exchange. Casting it on an upgraded Life Pendulum instead will net you a Life Nymph (upgraded Green Nymph). When you cast one on an open Mark of Life, do not expect that you will get a Green Nymph out of it.

Where They are Found: Building the Racist Ideology
These alchemical spells are often found red-handed (or, rather, blue-handed ) among mono-Water rushes looking to overwhelm the enemy with sheer number of Nymph Queens. That does not shut any chance that they appear elsewhere. As a classic patter song put it,
It draws power from the lands, and it summons the Nymphs fanatical;
From the Amber to Turquoise, in order categorical.
I mean, there are decks out there that seeks to conjure Blue Nymphs and their vicious Unstable Gas, Golden Nymphs and their enlightening Precognition, even Black and Purple Nymphs and their devious combination of Liquid Shadow and Antimatter, amongst others.

Synergies: Aiding the State Racism
Earthquake is a major headache against many NT-based decks. A Cloak will make it easier to protect not only the pillars and pendulums from which the Nymphs are to be created from, but also the Nymphs themselves.
(The other method of protecting your pillars and pendulums, Enchant Artifact, DEFEATS THE ENTIRE POINT OF NYMPH'S TEARS because one cannot make a Nymph from an Enchanted stack of pillars.)

At times, protecting the Nymphs have a higher priority than protecting the pillars from which they came from. For those purposes, there are few options better than casting Quintessence on the Nymph. The only problem left, though, is that they will still be vulnerable to hostile shield effects.

Depending on what other Nymphs you are summoning, other options may also vary. From Shards of Readiness to empower the drawpower from Golden Nymphs, Skull Shields to take cover from Malignant Cells created from Grey Nymphs' Aflatoxin, Solar Shields to help fuelling Light Nymphs' Luciferin, to Immolation to explode Blue Nymphs' Unstable Gases, the options are as colorful as the Nymphs you can create.

Spoiler for Trident | Poseidon:
Trident | Poseidon

Overview: Seven Lances of the Deep Sea ~ Forgotten Benefit
At a first glance, Trident doesn't seem to be a very destructive weapon. Four damage per turn for three Water does not sound efficient for a weapon. Moreover, Water and Earth don't usually share decks out of rainbow stalls or inferior decks, further explaining their absence. However, just like Time's Eternity, if you are using it, you are not using it for its damage alone. But why I picked Eternity in particular? Look below.

Where They are Found: Tectonic Illusion
You might have noticed that no AI3 enemy wields a Trident (neither does any of them wields Time's Eternity). It's no coincidence that the two, given the quanta they need (some Earth for Trident, and lots of Time for Eternity), will severely thrash weaker decks without giving them much chance to retaliate by denying them vital resources. For a comparison, an Eternity brings severe headaches by rewinding that one creature you have just played over and over and over and over again, forcing you hold your cards if you want to draw anything new from your deck. A Trident, on the meanwhile, brings severe headaches by smashing three pillars at once, quickly hampering their quanta generation and quite likely nullifying their good quanta opening.

Indeed, Tridents are basically Earthquakes on a stick. It's this strong, reusable denial, as well as being a bridge for Water-Earth synergy, that earns it a place in some decks. It's also why they're usually found in Water/Earth decks that seeks to destroy their enemy's quanta production and delay their enemy's key creatures while their own creatures are pounding the enemy.

Synergies: Footprints of Neptune
Basilisk Blood is a good, cheap addition for decks perusing this weapon. That way, not only their quanta generation will come screeching to a halt, but so will their key creatures. It also strengthens the Water-Earth synergy.

Alternatively, an Auburn Nymph can cast those Basilisk Bloods while moonlighting as a tough attacker herself. (While you can summon her naturally, you're probably better off projecting her artificially by Nymph's Tears  to get around the high Earth cost from naturally summoning an Auburn Nymph.) This lets you to potentially stop every single creature. The catch, though, is that it can consume Earth very quickly. You will need not to have your Earth quanta dip too low, or you're unable to crack their pillars when you need it.

Losing three early pillars at once is painful enough. Few, however, can compare to losing up to six pillars at once when you launch a Tsunami and cast Earthquake on the opponent's pillars at a single turn, especially if they happen early in the game. The sudden halt on quanta production caused by them can be devastating. By the time they draw their ninth pillar, you're probably well ahead with at least a couple of creatures pounding at them.

Decks with permanent control will quickly hope they can get rid of the Trident once they realize what you are up to with it. After casting Enchant Artifact on it, they're left with few options to protect their pillars. The first is by protecting the pillars themselves, be it permanently (by casting Enchant Artifact on their pillars) or temporarily (by putting up a Cloak). Another way is by getting the weapon delayed (either by freezing the weapon or by getting their Voodoo Doll delayed or frozen).

Spoiler for Task 3:
Waging War Against Your Enemies

Spoiler for Phase 2 unlocks:
Elements unlocked:  :death :gravity :earth :chroma :darkness :aether
Upgrades unlocked: 2 spells, 4 non-Pillar/Pendulum permanents, 6 free upgrades

Spoiler for War/Brawl/Loyalty Bonus:
War: W9, Soldier of Water (11th place) => 1 point~
Brawl: Nope, have yet to be involved in any Brawl teams~
Loyalty: Nope, this is my first Trial XP
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:12:10 pm by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232266#msg1232266
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 05:47:42 pm »
Oh, lovely, it's that time of the year again. Good luck to everyone, this should be fun as always.

And come on people, fill up those challenger spots. Don't leave there the incentive for me to get overwhelmed by nostalgia :]
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232443#msg1232443
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 09:37:46 pm »
I have decided not to defend my title. Best of luck to all.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232446#msg1232446
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 10:27:26 pm »
When one has seen a pure White Whale
One marvels at the sight
Us fishes can but flounder
And swim into the night.

But as the Whale moves out of sight
And we don't hear the songs he sings
We swim faster in his current
And hope that we, too, have fins.
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline Spielkind

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Spielkind is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Mess with the best - die like the rest!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232518#msg1232518
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 03:21:52 pm »

WHAT? Are you kidding me? What are you planning to do, playing for  :aether :fire or  :darkness:P
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny rules the Earth.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation!

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: 10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61871.msg1232547#msg1232547
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 07:54:29 pm »

Wow, shocking.

anything
blarg: JonathancrazyJ,ddevans96,JonathanCrazyJ,treebeard xiii