7 (12.3%)
Cheesy111
16 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:49:11 pm

*Author

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011903#msg1011903
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50:02 pm »
Another question for Cheesy:

Not to pick on you my friend. It's just that I know the least about you of all candidates.

In my time playing Elements, I amassed a score of 20K in less than 3 months... that made me eligible for play in CL.

What is the reason you continue to play in BL and how do you think others might view your decision not to play in CL?

PlayerOa, feel free to answer this question also, but I do know quite a bit about you as we were mates last War.

Not to steal cheesy's question, or insult you, but I feel it isn't really relevant.  (Partly answering part 2 of your question)
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011912#msg1011912
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:23 pm »
Not to steal cheesy's question, or insult you, but I feel it isn't really relevant.  (Partly answering part 2 of your question)

Some might feel that a person who isn't willing to face the strenuous play of CL not entirely ready to lead an Element to a victory in War...

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011913#msg1011913
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 09:33:41 pm »
Many people will argue BL is more difficult due to a more diverse metagame, and that the most strenuous thing about CL is finding matches to play.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011914#msg1011914
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 09:33:58 pm »
Many people will argue BL is more difficult due to a more diverse metagame, and that the most strenuous thing about CL is finding matches to play.
That would have been true during 1/2012, but the viable decks now are pretty much an RPS (curse you, SoFo!).  I hope that CL is a bit more complex than that.

All 4: Build a rainbow stall with flying eternities and SoR.

Some clarification if you would: Other shards allowed? Upgraded, unupgraded, partially upgraded? Flying Eternities w/SoR the main strategy or an auxillary one?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:35:30 pm by Cheesy111 »

Offline Laxadarap

• Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011916#msg1011916
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:20 pm »

Some might feel that a person who isn't willing to face the strenuous play of CL not entirely ready to lead an Element to a victory in War...

I play in CL.  As long as you have the upgraded cards, it really doesn't rely on that much skill.  The current meta, is rushes, stalls, raibnows (usually involving sosac), mummy rt decks (dafuq?), and a couple novelty things.  Because upgraded cards and decks become much more effective at what they do, it is more of an RPS than unupped play.  For example, Immorushes kill in 3/4 turns quite frequently, with powerful wyrms coming in at 5/6ish, albeit more stable.  Either you counter them or you don't.  In upped play it is really hard to make a versatile deck that wins vs a lot of different things, just because specialized decks are more effective.  War and trials is how I believe it should be, partial ups.  It takes more skill to design a deck taking into account what would benefit most vs. upgrades.  Look at the masters tourney this time around, many people were complaining about it being fully upped.  CL/upped games are mostly just predictions, counters, and RNG.

EDIT: As to cheesy, 90% of people ban sofo in our games, and many ban sosac as well.  Some ban shards all together.
Also, I have played maybe 2 games that actually came down to skill.  They were both vs. the blarp.  Who would have though it XD?  First one was with an immorush, coulda decked him out if I saved a couple SoB.  Second one me and dragon both derped, and his derp cost hiim the game.  I was able to capitalize.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:46:04 pm by Laxadarap »
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011920#msg1011920
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 09:56:14 pm »
Aaaaand pushing this back on topic. There are plenty of more appropriate places to discuss BL vs CL. Let's reserve this space for on topic questions.

Thanks.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011971#msg1011971
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 01:08:59 am »
Build a :time :darkness duo gogogo (also no ghostmare. Forgot to add that :V)

Is golden nymph balanced? Yes or no? Why?

Hardly anyone uses precognition for its hand-viewing effect. Do you think this was intended (having drawing be its main effect)? Can you make a deck that uses precogs to peek instead of for drawing?

Hasten and Precognition are the only two things that can draw (besides SoBe). How would you design another take on drawing and add it into time?

Which card is the best to splash into a time deck? Why? (Splash here is defined as 5-6 cards off element only powered by mark. Duo only)

Which 3 elements do time duo best with and why?

Why is anubis so UU. Build a good deck with 6 Anubises, and no SoW.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:20:53 am by furballdn »

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1012437#msg1012437
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 12:14:33 pm »
Cheesy. Late question, but eh, i'll ask anyway.
Why don't you use an avatar in the forum?
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1012691#msg1012691
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:33 pm »
While admiring this picture : http://i.imgur.com/8AhOC.png i had the strange idea that time birthed from a mix of air and water. Write a paragraph or more on your thoughts upon this.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1013153#msg1013153
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 03:23:01 am »
Here are responses to some questions, for your viewing pleasure.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1013285#msg1013285
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 01:54:58 pm »
[20:52] <+Absol> tenmen?
[20:52] <+Absol> areyoufreakingkiddingme

It's also funny because Vin, who answered questions, get less vote than Kuro which outright tell us not to vote him.
Or is it reverse psychology.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

blarg: