Cheesy111
16 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: November 05, 2012, 01:49:11 pm

*Author

Offline RavingRabbidTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011498#msg1011498
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:48:42 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

For reference, here are the 6th Trials Standings (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,43965.0.html) and Phase 1 Submission (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,43688.0.html) threads.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:20:36 pm by RavingRabbid »
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011499#msg1011499
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:48:57 pm »
I am Cheesy111, and I am currently attempting to become Time Master.

About Me

I've been on the forums since late December 2011.  I started out as a complete noob, but decided to join BL anyways to learn how to PvP.  I started out using decks from the PvP section of the forums, but eventually made my own semi-successful PvP deck to counter most of the existing metagame, which has been some of the most fun I've had in Elements.  I was on Team Death last War, but this War I would like to lead team Time all the way to ruling the forums. 

On a lighter note, when I'm not doing PvP I like to spend my time in the Forum Games sections playing Fanatics and Heretics or Elements Mafia.

Why vote for me?

I have been a great fan of the Time element almost since the first time I played.  What I love about it is Time's ability to control the board, as even if it starts out slow Time ends up in a dominating position.  Sundials stall for time until you have the cards you need, Hourglasses accelerate drawing and Reverse Time slows your opponent down just enough for Ghosts of the Past to give you the win.  The other thing I really like about Time is the way that a lot of its cards synergize excellently with each other - Deja Vu works with Eternity to give you an endless supply of 1|1 multiplying creatures, Procrastination and Sundial work in tandem to prevent many creature attacks, and Dune Scorpion gives the opponent yet more poison every time they have to play another card due to Reverse Time or Eternity whilst later hiding behind Sundials until the opponent dies from that poison.  It's a beautiful harmony of cards that work together to control the board and decimate your opponent.

I care about Time Trials, Mastership and War.  I started my preparations back in late July, farming over 120,000 :electrum to make sure that I would be able to afford any upgrades that I would need for phases 2 and 4 of Trials.  I spent time building 25 possible decks for Trials battles in-element and out, and tweaked them as necessary for each opponent. 

Also, I have extensive PvP experience:
  • Placed 4th in BL season 1/2012, my first foray into competitive PvP
  • Placed 2nd in BL season 2/2012
  • Won one tournament
  • Went 4-1 in Trials Phase 2
  • Played in Grid, Rags to Riches and Sideboard
  • Beat out PlayerOa for Champion of Time in Budokan
  • Made it to semifinals in Draft

I am not the most well-liked candidate by the community, and I did not win every match in Phase 2.  But I am the best candidate to bring victory to team Time in this coming war, and I can represent Time as well as any of my fellow candidates.

Questions and Answers:

I will answer any reasonable question asked in this thread or in PM.  If you PM me a question, please specify whether you would like me to respond publicly or privately.

ARTHANASIOS:
Spoiler for Hidden:
I do not think I can pass 10 men in skill currently.  He is one of the best PvPers we have at the moment.  I think that in time I can certainly equal him, even if I cannot surpass him.  Do not take this to mean I cannot beat him - I can and have in the past in multiple tournaments, otherwise what would be the point of going for Time Trials?  But I have a profound respect for 10 men's skill and his knowledge of the Time metagame especially, and as I have learned more about PvP every month I'm on these forums I cannot say that I am his equal in skill at individual PvP at this time. 

However, I do think I could do a better job of mastership than 10 men.  10 men has represented his element extremely well in War, but outside of it he is lacking.  For example, in Budokan 10 men went for Champion of Entropy instead of Time.  I believe that a Master should try to represent their element as best they can outside of War, and I would do that whereas 10 men has not.

Gandora:
Spoiler for Hidden:
I like SoBe.  It's very offensive but also leaves you vulnerable, and that fits well with the theme of Fire.  One of Time's big themes is drawing cards, yes, but Time still remains the only element that can draw cards at an advantage, and that aspect of control is what really ties into Time as a whole.

Laxadarap:
Spoiler for Hidden:
RT is balanced.  What many people too often forget is that while RT does prevent your next draw, it itself takes up a draw.  Playing RT does not give you card advantage, and thus its main use is to stop an opponent from re-playing a card they already played because they don't have the quanta(graboid/shrieker), or to deny growth or buff cards(Forest Spirit/Lava Golem).  Compare it to Basilisk's Blood, or Lightning.  For most creatures, Lightning is a death warrant, while with RT it's still in your opponent's hand or can even be played the next turn.  BB controls a creature for six turns, often enough time for the game to end if neither player is playing a stall.  One other item that comes to mind is that RT generally improves the quality of your next draw - compare RT's effect to RT's effect if it sent that creature to the bottom of your deck. 

Time's weaknesses (Nymphs excluded):
  • Time is heavily reliant upon permanents (Hourglass, Sundial, Eternity, Procrastination) and therefore PC affects it worse than most.
  • Time has no Permanent Control.
  • It has many creatures, but few useful ones - not Fate Egg nor Anubis nor Scarab nor Deja Vu is normally very helpful.
  • Almost all of its creatures are weak to hard CC - only two creatures can stand a Lightning, even when upped, and Anubis is far too inefficient to be useful.
  • Time has no alternate win mechanism other than deckout stalling.  It has no Fire Bolt or Unstable Gas or Poison.  If you take care of Time's creatures and you aren't facing a stall, you win.
  • Time's only decent creatures are expensive (GotP/Dragon/Pharaoh to an extent).  Because of this, Time cannot rush as quickly as other elements can (Life has frogs, Death has mummies/recluses, Aether has phase spiders) and has a hard time getting past Bone Wall.
  • Time has no alternate means of quanta generation (Immolation, Nova, Rustler)
  • Following the last two points, Time is very weak to denial.

For reference, and to back up my points, the bans I saw in Time Trials Phase 2 were: Poison, Graboid, Earthquake, Discord, Dimensional Shield, Steal, Deflagration, Lightning and Fractal.

mrpaper:
Spoiler for Hidden:
PlayerOa.  He is the other best pvp player in Time Trials, he has passion for the element and he has the most war experience in Team Time of anyone here.  Plus, he's awesome.

bripod:
Spoiler for Hidden:
1. As a member of a different team, I do not know what decisions were made or what was going on inside of the team during the last war. Thus, I will focus instead on what factors caused Team Time to lose their matchups.  Prediction means that the deck would have been fairly easy to counter if the team had known ahead of time, Vault means it would be a possible win but very very difficult given the state of Team Time's vault at that point (would have to take a very strange deck, or a deck that would lose to almost everything else, etc.) and RNG means either a very close or a favorable matchup.  Of course, it gets harder towards the end when there are fewer choices to be made and the vault is very tight anyways.
RoundElementReason for loss
1DeathPrediction
1AirVault
2EntropyVault
2LightVault
2AirPrediction
3LightVault
3FireVault
4DarknessRNG
4FireVault
5FireVault
6LifeRNG
6AetherPrediction
7AetherPrediction
8AetherVault
8AetherPrediction
11AetherRNG
12AetherVault

After looking through Time's losses and its secret section, I would say that Team Time's main problem last War was that its vault was not diverse enough.  Time found it very difficult to beat Fire's Bonebolt, only squeaking by with a 3-2 even after correctly predicting it and building the best counter possible from their vault.  RoL/Hope was beaten earlier by sheer luck and then lost to later.  Drawing on my experience from Team Death, and looking at the differences in initial vaults between the two, team Time started with approximately 20 more cards and yet still had ~5 less off-element cards than Death.  If Time had diversified, it would have been much easier for Time to deal with some of these difficult decks (RoL/Hope, Fire Bonebolt, Air Bonebolt).

As a secondary item, it seemed that 10 men dictated the deck choices of Time, often against the recommendations of his teammates and causing a loss.  Hopefully that was not the case and all of the discussion simply occurred in team chat.

2. Yes.  I have multiple ideas on how to make Team Time's deckpool less predictable, but it will depend both on what the other members of the team think of my ideas and what they have to contribute of their own.  I do not want to discuss this in detail, as it would be counterproductive to Team Time if I became master and my deck ideas were easily accessible on the forum.

3.  Of course I would be willing to listen to my team members.  War is a team event, not an individual one.  A team should work as a cohesive unit, and that cannot happen without communication.  If I did not take the advice and concerns of my team members into account, then what would be the point of War?
That being said, I will weight the opinion of a team member who I do not yet respect as an accomplished PvPer lower than someone that I do. 

4.  I started playing in BL because I was low on score (negative, in fact) and did not have the money for upgraded cards.  In the second season I had more money, but still not enough to field as many decks as I would want to in CL, so I stayed in BL.  In this season I could have swapped to CL, and indeed considered it for a few weeks, but there were a few factors that kept me in BL.  First of all, I had amassed a fair amount of electrum through farming, but that electrum was saved for Trials and, later, War.  If I used it all on decks I wanted for CL I would have to farm again, later, in a busy time.  I might not even have enough for all the CL decks - I do not have many upgraded pillars or pendulums outside of Time.  Secondly, I was confident that with my knowledge of the unupgraded metagame I could take first place in BL this season.  As I was unsure exactly when the season would end, being able to obtain two more Marks of Time or Golden Nymphs to aid myself or my team in Trials or War respectively was a huge draw.  Thirdly, I had developed rivalries and friendships through BL in the previous two seasons, and I was hoping to continue those throughout this season, especially with regen2k9 (who unfortunately left the forums to pursue RL aspirations).  Lastly, I wished to maintain my position as an authority on the unupgraded metagame.  There is a difference in how others perceive you when you say that X card is overpowered or Y card is underpowered when you have a trophy as opposed to when you do not.  By using overpowered cards to secure victories in BL, I can definitively prove to others that yes, THIS card is overpowered and THIS card is underpowered and I know because I have played with and against those cards and that is how the matchups end.

I would not be surprised if people viewed my staying in BL as being unable or unwilling to make the jump to CL, or as farming noobs.  I'm far over the score cap, but for the reasons stated above I will remain in BL this season and probably the next as well.  In 1/2012 I would have said that the BL metagame is far more complex than the CL metagame, but that has not been true in 2/2012 nor in 3/2012.  If people truly cannot see beyond me playing in BL to the reasons that I do so after posting them here, or if they do not believe me, then there is nothing more that I can do to change their minds.

Calindu:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Right now in BL, the only two predominantly Time decks that could do OK in BL would probably be SoR Pharoah and RT Ghostrush, both permanent-less (except pillars).  They would be effective at stopping SoFobows, but mediocre at beating anti-SoFoBows (Monofire, Monoaether) or anti-anti-Sofobows (denial).  I do not think there is any predominantly Time deck that can dominate the BL meta right now because of its heavy emphasis on CC and denial.

Pre-SoFo/SoPa, however, my patented Time/Light stall was a force to be reckoned with.  RTs, Sancs and SoDs bought time for Miracles and Sundials to deck the opponent out.  The idea was to find a way to counter Antabow and Monolight while at the same time remaining viable against other decks, and it worked quite well.  Post-SoFo/SoPa, it is absolutely wrecked by enough of the popular decks for it to be useless.  RIP.

Deck:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 74a 7gq 7gq 7k0 7k6 7k6 7k6 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7q8 7q8 7q8 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7qd 7ri 7ri 7ri 8ps

Alright, this ended up a lot uglier than I originally intended.  The goal, however, was to make a rainbow stall (Sancs, SoGs, Sundials) that used Flying SoR'd Eternities (FW, Eternity, SoR) to keep the opponent's creatures off of the field while fending off alternate ways of attacking (Purify, Mirror Shield) and eventually winning with a Momentum'd Dune Scorpion.

furballdn:
Spoiler for Hidden:
1. I assume you mean one that has some sort of synergy, is not cliche (Darkness Domin/Cloaked Ghosts/Dev+Vamp) and is not a pure rush (Ghostgoyle).  Which leaves me with few options.  One that could work well as a counter to CCless rushes would be:
7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7te 7te 7te 7te 7te 8pt

Simple and elegant.  Put LS on one of the biggest creatures in the game, speed through the deck with Hourglasses and enjoy the ride.

2. No, golden nymph is not balanced.  Compare it to Ghost of the Past and I would rather have Golden Nymph in almost any circumstance.  Its ability is useful in almost any situation and its HP makes up for having one less attack than Ghost of the Past.  Given that GotP is considered fairly balanced, I would say that Golden nymph is slightly overpowered.  Keep in mind, however, that many if not most of the nymphs are very powerful or overpowered and I doubt that Zanz will nerf them.

3. Yes, I do think drawing and subverting the 30 card limit was meant to be precognition's main effect.  It fits in perfectly with Time's theme of control - having more control over the size of your deck seems only natural. 
This deck uses Precognitions to try and gauge when to start a Silence chain and/or when to Fractal Recluses:
7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80g 80g 80g 80g 80g 80g 80i 80i 80k 80k 80k 80k 80k 80k 8ps

4.  Poison is the best splash card overall for Time.  It provides a way to get around shields without relying on creatures, which is often crucial for Time considering its weakness to CC.  In addition, as Time will almost never deck out with an Eternity or even a handful of RTs, Poison gives time an alternate win condition even if Time's creatures all die.  Of course, Momentum would be a better splash card with Dune Scorpions but considering that it only works well with one creature Poison is a better overall choice.

5.  Time duos best with  :darkness because of ghostmare and the danger it implies.  Even if one runs a darkness domin without a single nightmare, the fear of a ghostmare will often keep an opponent from emptying their hand.  In addition, Steal is great PC easily worked into a devourer/RT deck and Vampire Dagger is simply amazingly cost-efficient. 

After that, Time duos very well with  :aether.  From Silurian PUgons to Ghostal to a Silenced Ghosts rush, Aether gives Time stallbreaking capacity and versatility that it lacks with other elements. 

Finally, Time duos well with  :light.  Light gives Time Reflective Shield, an excellent shield to stop UGs and Fire Bolts from ruining your day.  Blessing works OK with Dune Scorpion, although not quite as well as Momentum.  Sanctuary and Miracle combine with Sundial to allow Time to stall better than it can with any other element, and lastly Crusaders with Eternities are surprisingly underrated.  Oh, and Deja Vu/Luci/Hope can work sometimes, but not enough for it to be reliable.

6. Anubis is underused because it's bad.  Its attack is lower than GotP's with a useless ability, and yet it costs more than GotP.  While one would think that being able to add immortality to a creature would solve Time's problems with CC, Anubis's high cost and duo requirement combined with mediocre attack slow down a rush or even a break to the point where the use of the CC resistance is negligible.  Its only real use is as a medium attacker when one knows one will go against large amounts of damage-CC (not Freeze, BB, RT, etc.).  As such, the deck I chose to make use of its high HP was:
74i 74i 74i 74i 74i 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q7 7q7 7q7 7q7 7q7 7q7 7qc 7qc 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8ps

Overdriven Anubii

This deck exploits the high HPs of Pharoah and Anubis by using Overdrive and pushing out Scarabs to gain ridiculous amounts of total board attack power.  Thus, it works well as a break.  Using it against a rush, however, is ill-advised.

Absol:
Spoiler for Hidden:
I want people to pay more attention to what I write than the fact that I am the one writing it.  I think that without a forum icon it is easier to focus on the topic I am discussing, my reasoning or arguments or position, than on me.

Jenkar:
Spoiler for Hidden:
I apologize, but I must reject the premise that Time came from a mixture of Air and Water.  Time in real life is not an element, but another dimension that our consciousness travels through linearly.  In Elements, Time elementals manipulate their position in that dimension and others' positions as well as creatures specially affected by Time in order to gain control over their opponent and win the match.  I honestly do not see any thematic links between Time and Air or Water.  The only elements that I see with an immediate and striking thematic link to Time are Death and Aether - Death because (supposedly) all living things are fated to end and Aether because it defies that precept that Time applies to all beings.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:06:47 pm by Cheesy111 »

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011500#msg1011500
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:49:13 pm »
:timebig

Who am I?
I am PlayerOa, going for Mastership of Time. I've been playing elements since March 2010, ever learning since. I started with the Time element, and it has always been my favorite element in the game. This is my 3rd shot at becoming Master of Time, and I'm closer than ever.

What have I done since the last Trials?
  • Won another Weekly Tournament
  • Helped Team Time place 2nd in War #5 - and being the only person 10 men has bud more than one card on
  • Placed 4th in the Beginners League 2/2012 - without using SoFo a single time
  • Participated in several PvP Events, doing mediocre in some and better in some
  • Was the Deckbuilder for Team Time in Brawl, and were one of the more active members
  • Gotten two more Marks of Time, three total ^_^
  • Improved my PvP skills vastly

Why would you vote for me?
I have great respect for Vineroz, Cheesy111 and Kuroaitou (and obviously 10 men). All three of them are formidable members of the community, and all of them are great challengers to fight 10 men for the mastership. So why would you want to vote for me, rather than one of the three other challengers, or the master himself, 10 men?
I am top motivated for this, and I've been planning these trials for quite a while now. My power lies in my wish to become the master, I think I want to become the master more than the other challengers. I also went 5-0 in the battle phase, proving my PvP skills, and I beat maybe the hardest opposition for time - aether. If I become the Master of Time I will commit a good chunk of my time (see what I did there? :P) to work with War and other events.

Other PvP experience and achievements:
  • Won two tournaments, made it to the finals in another, several semi final losses
  • Winner of War #4 with Death and runner-up of War #5 with Time
  • PvP Events: HPPvP, Draft, TCBOO, 12 Lives, Colosseum, Avatar, Budokan, TPvP, Sideboard and more
  • Active BL'er, current season is 5th in a row for me iirc
  • Horrible results in PvP of Trials #4 and #5, but 5-0 in Trials #6
  • Played for Team Time in WoE beta, but didn't fight once =P
  • Endurance: Third time I take on the Trials of Time.

Questions and Answers:

NOTE: I never peek at opponents' answers before I've answered them myself. If any answers are similar - sorry.
Spoiler for ARTHANASIOS:
Question towards the challengers: Do you really believe you can surpass 10men in skill and/or mastership?
Yes. I believe so. 10 men is in the PvP Elite on this forum, but I know I can beat him on a good day. Else I wouldn't have signed up for this. When you say skill, I am not 100% sure what you mean. He is a great strategist and all these things, and I know I have the skills to match him at that part. Maybe I don't directly have better skills.

If I believe I can surpass him in mastership; yeah. My maybe biggest strength is that I commit a lot of time to the forums and the game. I am lurking the forums a lot and clicking the 'show unread posts since last visit' about once in 30 seconds. My motivation is high and I have experience of War, so yes. I believe I can do an equal or better job than 10 men for the Mastership if Time. But don't read me wrong. 10 men is maybe the one I have most respect for on this forum.

Spoiler for Gandora:
Question to everyone: What is your opinion about Shard of Bravery? Before SoB :time was the only element that allowed to draw cards and thus forced duos. So how do you feel about this change.
I don't feel like Shard of Bravery has changed much about that. Time is still superior to other elements regarding card drawing - and not to mention - card adventage. Which makes SoBe a kinda different drawing card with a kinda different mechanic. That fits Fire also quite well - you get power by using the card, but you know your opponent will get the same adventage, so it is a more risky card to use than e.g. Hourglass and Precognition.

Spoiler for Laxadarap:
Is RT balanced, or should it be nerfed/buffed.  Also, from your pvp experience, what do people bring to counter time decks/what are time's weaknesses?
I think RT is balanced. It does not kill a creature in any way, but it prevents a draw for the opponent. When I started playing EtG I found RT ridiculously overpowered. But as I began playing more and more with Time, I understood that it is not OP, except versus growth decks. Which are not often used. Looking from that perspective Flooding is the most OP card in the game, as it shut down Fractal decks. Compare it with Lightning/Shockwave/Basilisk Blood, all costing 2 | 1. Lightning instantly kills a lot of creatures by one hit, and there are very few creatures resisting two. IMO Lightning is better than RT, but that depends on the metagame. Shockwave is a bit softer than Lightning,  personally I think they have equal power. But again, that depends on the meta. BB delays a critter for six turns; in many cases the whole game. But it does not delay the draw, so I find that one too about equal to RT. Once again... It ultimately depends on the metagame and restrictions.

Time has some quite hard counters, especially Mono Time is vulnerable to a lot. I can give some examples to illustrate the meta of Time.
 - Time has no PC (except Shard of Focus, but that doesn't count >.>). Makes especially Dim Shield and Wings great counters. Other perms as Vampire Dagger, Fog Shield, Dusk Shield, Diamond Shield and Sundial (oh the irony) are good versus Time.
 - Time relies on their permanents. Examples are Hourglass, Eternity, Sundial, Turtle Shield and other splashed perms.
 - Time relies on their spell(s), but not so much as permanents. Reverse Time defines time decks. Precog is also good, and time is very splashable.
 - Time relies on their creatures - but there are no cheap alternatives, like Frog, Mummy or Minor Phoenix. Closest is Deja Vu, but is is not that good to rush with.
 - Time is weak to fast rushes and denial because of that

tl;dr - The best counters to time are Dim, Wings, Deflag, Steal, Discord, Earthquake, Lightning and fast creatures. Poison is also good, and so is Sundial. All these specific cards except Wings (and obviously dial) were banned in my trial matches this trial.

Spoiler for mrpaper:
Beware,trick or treat question here for Halloween time!  With so many good players here, who shall win if it ain't you and why is he the other best choice to you?
That would be Cheesy111. He is the most motivated and the best PvPer of the other challengers (except me :P) He also shows his love for Time, and he's active. In my opinion he is hands down my best challenger.

Spoiler for bripod:
:electrum Under Gen. 10 men's leadership,  :time Team Time :time has had their best two finishes of all 5 Wars.
What do you think the short-comings of :time Team Time :time were and how will you lead them to victory and the reign of these forums?

:electrum The deck pool of :time Team Time :time has been rather widely known throughout War. It was merely a matter of what team faced what deck.
Can you expand upon that deck pool with any effectiveness?

:electrum How willing are you to listen to the advice and/or concerns of the members of your team?

:electrum What is the reason you continue to play in BL and how do you think others might view your decision not to play in CL?
NOTE: I'll talk about War #5 and not #4.

Team Time's biggest weakness last war was Chaos Lord Event maybe predictability. It was easier to predict our decks than several other teams in War, I believe. Maybe it is because Time is a more predictable and less versatile element than e.g. Fire and Aether, the other Top 3 teams.

Yeah. I have a few ideas in mind for the next potential Vault of Time, but I do not want to discuss them to give other teams adventage. It also depends a bit on the teammates - if they would try something new or do it the "old" fashioned way.

It is extremely important to listen to the teammates as a leader. Ideas from other people are always great, and it is not only the General that should build, finalize and test decks. As War is a team event, I am very willing to listen to all voices in my team: all opinions are valuable.

There are several reasons I still play in the Beginners League, I'll list them below:
  • I have simply not enough upped cards and electrum to play competitively. I had and still have a good chunk electrum for Trial preparations - but they are for Trial preparations. As I don't enjoy grinding as much, I prefer to play in the Battle League with unupgraded cards, where I can play more  and better decks.
  • I am much better in the unupgraded metagame, as this is my 5th season of BL. I've improved every time, and last time I was pretty darn close a top 3.
  • It is easier to find matches in BL - and I wanted to compete with BL rivals, as Cheesy111, regen2k9 and nilsieboy.

Spoiler for Calindu:
Oa: You won all 5 matches you had in Phase 2, what were the key decks?
I played 13 different deck archetypes during Phase 2, if you count small modifications depending on opponent/decks used I was at 20+. I also prepared 5 decks I didn't use. So I didn't really have a key deck. I caught the opponent off guard in several games due to unpredictability, which won me the match versus Cheesy and Kuroaitou. Some good decks were Poison Dials, Wings, Explosion splash, DOTK, Ghostal and Entrostall. But I didn't really have a "best" deck. All depended on the meta. I can give you two example:

In my match versus Cheesy, he had played Wings and three sundial based decks. Dim Shield was banned, Lightning was banned and Earthquake was banned. As I didn't expect a fourth Sundial based deck, and all those cards were unable, I couldn't see how he'd counter my fast Frog deck. And he didn't.

And in the 5th game versus Kuro, I expected a Ghostal. I also suspected an OTK or CC splash, and played a fat Entrostall to prevent those. Got 50% correct, he splashed lightnings, but also Psions. I won after a long match.

Conclusion: I did not have any key decks, although some deck were better than others. My key was to predict, analyze and counter the opponent. It was a sucess.

All 4: Build a rainbow stall with flying eternities and SoR.

6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6rq 6u7 77c 7ah 7dq 7gq 7gq 7k6 7k6 7k6 7k6 7la 7la 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n3 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7q8 7q8 7q8 7q8 7ri 7ri 7t8 80h 80h 80h 80h 80i 81q 81q 8ps

Get some quanta, drawlock opponent, heal, heal more, fractal a Golem after making flies. Or make a big Spectre. Or deck him out. But that'll take a long time, due to all the drawlocking. :3

Spoiler for furballdn:
Build a :time :darkness duo gogogo (also no ghostmare. Forgot to add that :V)

Is golden nymph balanced? Yes or no? Why?

Hardly anyone uses precognition for its hand-viewing effect. Do you think this was intended (having drawing be its main effect)? Can you make a deck that uses precogs to peek instead of for drawing?

Hasten and Precognition are the only two things that can draw (besides SoBe). How would you design another take on drawing and add it into time?

Which card is the best to splash into a time deck? Why? (Splash here is defined as 5-6 cards off element only powered by mark. Duo only)

Which 3 elements do time duo best with and why?

Why is anubis so UU. Build a good deck with 6 Anubises, and no SoW.
1:
7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7ri 7ri 7ri 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t6 7t8 7tb 7tb 8pt

Mixing Darkness Dominon and Pest/RT. It also rushes good enough for a domination/control deck.

2:
It is hard to tell if Golden Nymph is balanced. It is definitely one of the better nymphs, and better than GotP - but I can't call it OP. Of course, you get a good midranger with a great ability, but I cannot shout OP nerfnerfnerf when I see my opponent playing a Golden Nymph.

3:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6s3 6s3 6s3 6s3 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80i 80i 80i 80j 80j 80j 80j 80j 80j 81q 81q 81q 8ps

Strategy: use mindgates to get towers and such, play RT if you want that creature, and use Precog to see potential fractal targets. SoBe if you have several mindgates, and you aren't happy with the card you get. The deck is not very effective, but pretty fun and different. :)

4:
Several cards are great splashes for Time. My three favorites, best to worst weaker, are Poison, Giant Frog and Lightning.
Poison are just great combined with Sundial, and versus a Time based deck it does not suffer from RT. Frog is just hella fast damage for a Time based rush. And Lightning is just a great splasher to all elements.

5:
The best duo card with time is in my opinion Aether. Dimensional Shields and Fractal duos well with GotP and Electrum Hourglass. Anubis is based on the duo, and cards as Silence (RT to drawlock, Precog to peek when to silence) have great synergy with Time. No doubt for me here.

My second is Earth. Graboids, arguable the best creature in the game, makes the duo great. Earthquake/RT is one of the best denial tricks EtG has to offer, and if you combine Graboids with Ghosts and Golems, you get a great rush.

Third one up is Darkness. Ghostmare, Darkness Domin (daggers, dusks etc) and Dev/RT are good examples of this duo. Some terrifying decks can be made.

6:
7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q7 7q7 7q7 7q7 7q7 7q7 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 80g 80g 80g 80g 80g 80g 8pu

Rushing with Anubis. wait wut.

Spoiler for Jenkar:
While admiring this picture : http://i.imgur.com/8AhOC.png i had the strange idea that time birthed from a mix of air and water. Write a paragraph or more on your thoughts upon this.
What can I say. I cannot see how time birthed especially from Water and Air. Because Time is everywhere. And so are Water and Air (at least here on our Earth). But Time is of course connected to Air and Water, as the wind is always blowing somewhere. The flows of water will never end. Time is wherever Water is, wherever Air is, and vice versa. But in my opinion Time is not birthed from Air and Water. It is birthed from everything. And nothing. Not just Air and Water.

tl;dr - A vote for me is a vote for time's future. A vote for me is not wasted.

~PlayerOa
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:44:14 pm by PlayerOa »
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011507#msg1011507
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 02:02:42 pm »
:timebig

Hello, I am Vineroz.
Behind the shiny yellow cards, I find the power of control and it attracts me a lot.
I also admire Time in every way. Even in real life.
I am not good at writing, so I'll stop here.
But do ask me questions. You can ask anything, I'll try my best to answer them.

Spoiler for Gandora:
What is your opinion about Shard of Bravery? Before SoB :time was the only element that allowed to draw cards and thus forced duos. So how do you feel about this change.

Firstly, let's compare SoB and Hourglass.

SoBHourglass
Rush decksYes; it helps bring out damage quickly and kill before opponent can respond.No; it forces duo most of the time, and its cost is too high for a rush.
Combo decksYes; it helps getting the combo cards in less turns, but it also speed up opponent's draw to deal with the combo.Some of them; mostly in OTK decks.
Stall decksYes; When pair with SoSac and SoD and some other cards, it forms a strong deckouter.Yes; Most stallbows rely on the ability of Hourglass to draw all kinds of defence in order to outstall the opponent.

As presented in the table, it is concluded that Hourglass is a controlled drawing method, therefore it fits better in a stall deck. On the other hand, SoB draw cards but in an uncontrolled way, so it fits better in a rush deck. These two cards serve different purposes.

Spoiler for Calindu:
You played CL with me since a long time, mostly with fun decks, is there any time deck that can be fun and efficient in CL in the same time?

The meta of the game changes all the time, so it is hard to define an "efficient" deck. :) However, I do have two time/life duos that I like very much. And they were approved by 10 men. :)

Spoiler for Laxadarap:
Is RT balanced, or should it be nerfed/buffed.  Also, from your pvp experience, what do people bring to counter time decks/what are time's weaknesses?

RT hard counters any combos. It also hinders the draw of your opponent. But there are ways to bypass these strong effects of RT in an open meta, e.g. Non-creature offense or holding cards in hand. So it can be strong in many ways, but definitely counterable especially if you are expecting it.

Spoiler for furballdn:
Is golden nymph balanced? Yes or no? Why?
Hardly anyone uses precognition for its hand-viewing effect. Do you think this was intended (having drawing be its main effect)?

I know this is two questions, but they actually share the same answer. Despite the rarity of Golden Nymph, it is an important attacker in Time. If there is a mono Time rush deck then there should be at least 2 or 3 of them in the deck.
Also, with Precognition as Golden Nymph's ability, the hand-viewing effect and drawing effect is almost as important as each other. With RT/Eternity and Hourglass or Sundials, they form a strong control strategy.
I admit that when Precognition is used as a card, the hand-viewing effect might seem less important than its drawing effect. However if you need to use Precognition in a deck, you will actually need the hand-viewing too, e.g. in an immorush.

Spoiler for Jenkar:
While admiring this picture : http://i.imgur.com/8AhOC.png i had the strange idea that time birthed from a mix of air and water. Write a paragraph or more on your thoughts upon this.

This is a very typical illustration of our world, showing the 4 basic elements that physically exists. If Gravity happens to be coming from under Fire and Earth, then Time must be ABOVE Water and Air. In fact, Time and Aether are actually above everything.

http://i.imgur.com/89eRg.png

As you can see, the center 4 arrange themselves from top to bottom: Air, Fire, Earth, Water. Between Air and Water, there are no connections. Time and Aether, being another dimensions, are totally independent of them.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:19:56 am by Vineroz »
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011573#msg1011573
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 05:37:57 pm »
Question towards 10men: What is your opinion about the challengers of your title?
Question towards the challengers: Do you really believe you can surpass 10men in skill and/or mastership?
(though my questions may seem insulting, they are not, I have total respect for everyone in here :) )
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011580#msg1011580
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:05:36 pm »
Question to everyone: What is your opinion about Shard of Bravery? Before SoB :time was the only element that allowed to draw cards and thus forced duos. So how do you feel about this change.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011611#msg1011611
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 07:43:52 pm »
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011730#msg1011730
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 01:15:01 am »
Beware,trick or treat question here for Halloween time!  With so many good players here, who shall win if it ain't you and why is he the other best choice to you?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011736#msg1011736
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 01:27:19 am »
I'm going to state this outright.

Please, DO NOT vote for me.

As someone who is planned to -lose- titles within the coming months, adding this title is the last thing I need/deserve. Time is an element of pure nostalgia, one that bound me to the community in ways that I have yet to completely out but gracefully accepted over the years. While I may have done well in the first phase of these Trials, I am absolutely not qualified to be a master both based on my mediocre PvP skills (it's pretty clear how poorly I did), and lack of desire (I specifically stated that I did not want to join Trials due to the frustrations of previous Trials as well as the fact that I must focus on school and a potential future job).

I will state a question for all the challengers later. However, I would like to state one thing: while I appreciate any votes received during this last phase, please do not squander your vote on me, based on mathematical analysis (check the standings, you'll figure out why). To all the challengers; good luck, and don't repeat my mistakes when facing 10 men. :)

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011769#msg1011769
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 02:49:04 am »
Greetings All,

Just a few questions and I'll be on my way...

Challengers:

:electrum Under Gen. 10 men's leadership,  :time Team Time :time has had their best two finishes of all 5 Wars.
What do you think the short-comings of :time Team Time :time were and how will you lead them to victory and the reign of these forums?

:electrum The deck pool of :time Team Time :time has been rather widely known throughout War. It was merely a matter of what team faced what deck.
Can you expand upon that deck pool with any effectiveness?

:electrum How willing are you to listen to the advice and/or concerns of the members of your team?

Gen. 10 men:

:electrum Aside from wasting that one card bid on me, what do you think your worst mistake of War 5 was?

:electrum In the past two Wars, :time Team Time :time was impacted quite negatively several times by event cards, in some instances with severe consequences, do you think there could be better implementation of these event cards and if so, how?

Conclusion:

Being a member of the past two :time Team Time :time War teams, I look forward to the outcome of this  :time Trial of Time :time .
Thanks to all who have entered and may the best person win. Maybe I'll have the privilege of being a member of  :time Team Time :time next War.

Sincerely,
bripod
The official Ass of  :time Time :time

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011889#msg1011889
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 07:31:50 pm »
10 men: Do you still plan to defend your title? If yes: You don't care how many upgrades you will have since you are confident or you don't have time?
Oa: You won all 5 matches you had in Phase 2, what were the key decks?
Cheesy: You mostly dominate and dominated BL, is there any time based deck that can do it effectively?
Vin: You played CL with me since a long time, mostly with fun decks, is there any time deck that can be fun and efficient in CL in the same time?
All 4: Build a rainbow stall with flying eternities and SoR.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg1011900#msg1011900
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »
Another question for Cheesy:

Not to pick on you my friend. It's just that I know the least about you of all candidates.

In my time playing Elements, I amassed a score of 20K in less than 3 months... that made me eligible for play in CL.

What is the reason you continue to play in BL and how do you think others might view your decision not to play in CL?

PlayerOa, feel free to answer this question also, but I do know quite a bit about you as we were mates last War.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:46:28 pm by bripod »

anything
blarg: