*Author

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg255909#msg255909
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 04:15:12 am »
Question: How long do you spend on Elements on a monthly basis, in minutes?
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg255915#msg255915
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 04:18:13 am »
Simple time related question:
Which is your favorite Doctor?

Furthmore, as Master of Time, or Lord of Time, or Time Lord, or whatever you wish your title to be, what will you do in terms of diplomatic relations with aether?
The answer to this will definelty sway my vote either towards or against, as for now i am completly neutral

Memorystick

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg256049#msg256049
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 10:18:47 am »
What time is it Mr./Mrs. Wolf?

(answer as creatively as possible)
It's time... for you to get glasses, as I am clearly not a wolf ;)
Is this a reference?
I'm going to take this in a bit different direction than most and ask you a little about deckbuilding.

What (war legal) decks would you build to defeat these two decks?

The decks should be all unupped and preferably not involve and nymphs as you don't know who will have to face down the decks.

Also, though the decks should be targeted counters, they shouldn't fall apart against other decks.

Code: [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 4vp 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52r 52r 542 542
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vl 4vl 4vl 4vl 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 590 590 590 590 590 590 593 593 593 593 5f6 5og 5oi 5oi 61qI'm not looking for some completely tested deck that totally owns them, more a deck that should in theory work as an expression of deck building creativity.

EDIT: Slight change on the wording to clarify.
(decks to come)

Hello!. I got a couple of questions for u guys.

1. Which of these qualities should a Master have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Honesty,Compassion,Passion, Diligence,Integrity,Patience,Respectful,Attitude or Others.(if any)

2. Which of these qualities should a Master NOT have and why?(Pls choose one from the list.)

Boastfulness,Proud,Laziness,Disrespectful towards others,Dishonesty,Ill-Tempered, or Others.(if any)

1) Assuming you mean "which is most important", I'm gonna have to say either compassion or patience. Compassion gives  link to other people, which makes communicating much easier. Patience is also pretty much required when facing a language barrier, a person who's never played games like elements, a controversial topic, or a complete moron, which are almost daily occurrences (at least, in chat)

2) Hands down, disrespect. Disrespect kills communication- it tends to make people less likely to listen to what someone's saying, whether or not what they're saying is true; this can be seen in almost any "hot-button" topic.

Hey guys!. I got a deckbuliding question for u guys too.(Have Fun!)

What kind of deck(s) would You use to counter the decks below.

The decks should be all unupped and preferably having no nymphs as you wont know who would have to face the decks.

You would have to use your own element and another element to make the deck. Try and make a deck which ppl would understand how to use it easily.

4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vg 4vi 4vi 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vk 4vk 4vl 4vl 4vn 4vn 4vp 4vp 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v 55v
55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rj 5rk 5rk 5rk 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt 5rt
(decks to come)

ok, question from me to earn another vote  ::)

wich deck did you liked the most, team time played in war2?

(almost)All War 2 Decks, gathered by team fire - might takes a while to load! (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14666.0.html)
4vl 4vl 4vl 4vn 4vn 4vn 4vn 50u 55k 55k 55k 55k 55v 55v 55v 55v 5rj 5ro 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rq 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2I like unorthodox decks, and while this did lose the one match I saw it in, I feel it has potential (I wanted to do a discord/BH deck in phase 2, but one-third off-element allowance is too difficult for that)
Hi folks,

I've got a question for you as well.
 - Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you.

What do you think about the philosophical aspects of a photon which enters the Schwarzschild radius of a 5 million Solar masses big Quasar which is in the center of our galaxy?
Um... I have no idea what you're talking about... but assuming you mean "... a photon when it crosses the event horizon of a black hole..."
... I'm drawing a blank D:

Furthmore, as Master of Time, or Lord of Time, or Time Lord, or whatever you wish your title to be, what will you do in terms of diplomatic relations with aether?
Doctor? Hrm... I'd have to say my neighbor ;D (she's a dentist)
Diplomatic relations with Aether? I was unaware that  there were any diplomatic issues between aether and time- between Anubis, Scarabtal, and the Eternity/Mindgate synergy, among others, I thought time and aether were quite close.

Which month? 28(9), 30, or 31 days? :P

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg256290#msg256290
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 05:48:22 pm »
Usually I can log in every day...some day few minutes, some day few hours...at least an average of 3600 minutes/month...
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg257308#msg257308
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 10:58:15 pm »
A question to finalize my decision, and a bit of curiousity:

What reinforcement do you expect from the recently announced addition to Time in general, furthermore, for the next season of War?

Thank you in advance.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg257660#msg257660
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 09:38:07 am »
A question to finalize my decision, and a bit of curiousity:

What reinforcement do you expect from the recently announced addition to Time in general, furthermore, for the next season of War?

Thank you in advance.

This question was made before or after you've seen brand new card time "Ghost of the past"?

However, i really hope Time will receive some other (and better) cards; specifically i'm waiting for a PC card...

And, last but no least, "Ghost of the past" needs a serious buff...or better, needs a useful skill, otherwise it will remain just a mid-high creature with a good atk/cost ratio...

Understand, Zanz???

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg257707#msg257707
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 01:16:01 pm »
This question was made before or after you've seen brand new card time "Ghost of the past"?
Irrelevant; in it's current (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20160.0.html) form, or as it is on trainer at the moment. There won't be major changes made to it anymore, I think.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg258306#msg258306
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 12:23:17 pm »
Answers to DesertKnight questions...

1) Real lessons come from life, not from anime/comics/etc...but without doubt Cowboy Bebop has many foods for thought...

Main theme is forgiveness (for the most part of the Anime, it seems that all the characters lead a life on "hold" waiting for something ...), and how the past comes back to haunt all those who have not managed to close with it, so a lesson can be seen as the advice to always look ahead. In fact, at the end of the Anime, all the characters who have managed to make a clean break with their past life will remain on the Bebop (Jet and Faye), while those who turned around to face his own ghosts (Spike) or chose his old life (Ed) get off from Bebop forever...

2-3)

Elements is a game and, as such, should not be put in front of other priorities such as school, friends, family, etc...
This fact should be clear to all.

But once you've made a commitment (in particular, to join our team), I wish that this commitment is completely respected.
It's a form of self-respect, first of all, and to all other teammates.

So, if I was the master of time, I would try to immediately surrounded by people whom I could rely blindly; and if a player was undecided  to join our team, there would be no conversation nor any attempt to convince this player; as I wrote earlier, you need passion in everything you do. If a player is not 100% convinced to join our team then he's not the right person for our team...

Memorystick

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg259349#msg259349
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 05:47:29 am »
To Memorystick:
Question 1: If you had the ability to "make any person" play elements...

Who would it be and why? (such as a famous person/ a colleague / historical person)

Answer: My best friend, assuming she'd like Elements. I haven't been in much contact with her lately, unfortunately, and Elements (via chat/forum), could provide a medium for us to keep in contact ^^'
Question 2: Consider this scenario. You become the next master of :time.

I want you to imagine your "team", do not write them down just imagine them.
In this scenario, your elite team (your idea team) is with you in the war.

However one of the team mates is stepping their bounds, they are taking a large majority of your "leadership roles". Despite your view on shared participation or leadership; it is obvious by many of the other members, and yourself, that this player is acting as if they were master of :time.

Take the side of "taking action to correct this conflict". Type out a response in chat/forum that would occur between you two.

Answer: This is a difficult one, which would depend on a large number of variables. Are they trying to be helpful, but inadvertently going a bit too far? Might I be not doing as good a job as I should be, and they're picking up the slack? Or perhaps they think they could do a better job at whatever it is than I could?
Assuming the first scenario:
[**:**:**] Memorystick [»] ***: Hey there. D'you have time to talk?
[**:**:**]  *** [»]Memorystick: yup, why?
[**:**:**] Memorystick [»] ***: You've been doing a lot, and I thank you for your initiative, but I feel you're going a bit too far.
[**:**:**] Memorystick [»] ***: I'm sure you don't mean to, but there have been some things I feel I should have done that you did instead.
[**:**:**]  *** [»]Memorystick: oh, really? im sorry
[**:**:**]  *** [»]Memorystick: such as?
[**:**:**] Memorystick [»] ***: (short list of examples here)
[**:**:**] Memorystick [»] ***: Even if you are a little over-enthusiastic, you are a great asset to the team, and I'd rather this get resolved quickly and with little fuss.
[/color]
Question 3: In this scenario you are again the next master of :time.

Your team is at a crucial point of the war; one that could potentially decide the outcome of the entire war. Your team and yourself work exceptionally hard planning/strategic actions/ and analyzing tactics for the next round.

But when it comes down to the actual "action"(deck/game play tactic). There is a huge division between you and another team mate. You feel 100% confident that your strategy will work, but your team mate does not. In their view, they confidently see their own strategy as perfect, and yours and absurd.

The next rounds are stating "soon". A decision must be made.

Respond to this scenario.

Answer: It's unlikely I'd be 100% sure about anything, even if I am confident. In the end, RNG (and possibly bugs) can determine the fate of a duel (see MrBlonde vs xdude from War2) I would most likely end up evaluating the pros and cons of both strategies, what the teams we're facing would most likely throw against us (if there's time or it had already been done beforehand), and go with the strategy that would net us the least serious losses (followed by most potential gain)
The hardest question, in my opinion, was the second. There are so many variables to consider, and I'm not that great at constructing dialogue (which is ironic, considering that I'm writing a book ^^')

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg259456#msg259456
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 10:36:33 am »
What do you think about the philosophical aspects of a photon which enters the Schwarzschild radius of a 5 million Solar masses big Quasar which is in the center of our galaxy?
What do I think? Or is it what do I 'know'? For the latter, I will not state, but the former, I shall. :)

In regards to the philosophical aspects of the photon (which could be interpreted as a 'muon', if my high school physics memories kick in), as general relativity applies to the photon at extremely fast speeds, I would assume that the individual (the photon) is generally lost in the stream of consciousness (space/Quasar) of society. Time is distorted for that person (particle) as they attempt to adjust their life in the later years, which is an unfortunate effect of how people can generally feel and become consumed by their environment and events; they have no time to truly reflect on themselves as they're continually changing (warping).

I don't think it's a good idea to share information about our medical histories. Who do you think I am? That type of information is sensitive...

In regards to Aether, I honestly feel that depending on who becomes the Master of Aether/Lady of Aether/etc., there might not be any need for me to take action for Time and Aether to make temporary amends with each other. :D

Approximately 1080 minutes a month. (6 hours a day)  :-X

Thank you in advance.
...I don't understand this question exactly. :( If you're referring to Ghost of the Past, then yes, I've expected for some time now a mid-ranged hitter for Time. However, if Zanz does manage to release an additional :time card, I honestly think that he would/could release a new card (preferably spell), that should directly manipulate a specific card in hand in regards to drawing it (or disabling/debuffing it), so as to improve the effects of Time's card-drawing skills or even boost synergy with Precognition's "I C U" mechanic. :)

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg259485#msg259485
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 12:32:08 pm »
In regards to Aether, I honestly feel that depending on who becomes the Master of Aether/Lady of Aether/etc., there might not be any need for me to take action for Time and Aether to make temporary amends with each other. :D
Oh you. ;>
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20051.msg259581#msg259581
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2011, 03:50:05 pm »

Thanks everyone who voted me!

;)

anything
blarg: