Poll

Who is the most worthy to be the next Master of Time?

SpikeSpiegel
18 (46.2%)
worldwideweb3
20 (51.3%)
None Worthy
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: June 14, 2015, 12:36:15 pm

*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192372#msg1192372
« on: June 09, 2015, 12:30:04 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you do not have any preference for who should be Master, or cannot decide between the candidates, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192403#msg1192403
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 04:05:07 pm »
Phase 1
Note that I posted before spike, so I'm more enthusiastic :P

Relating to Bas' question, as im unable to take part in war, kuro will lead time, given i win.

Spoiler for MeowMeowcat:
What element/card is the most synergistic with Time? (Excluding Darkness/Nightmare for obvious reasons)

Ok, lets look at possible synergies.
 :life: mitosis sor, healing carapace + dials eternity, adrenavu
 :entropy: mainly chaos power, possibly discord/pande splashed but not really a proper synergy, imo
 :death: skeleton rt, there's a fun, reasonable effective deck by S2, will link if required. mummy rt. sundial+poison
 :gravity: momentum dunes. dials could possibly be used in catatitans.
 :earth: quicksand+rt, graboid.
 :fire: no real synergy, except fire gives pc, good cc, cheap attacker (mp), if needed. again, not a proper synergy.
 :water: Tears works well, but that's about it.
 :light: pdials. luci hope. blessed deja's.
 :air: UG dials
 :darkness: cloak, LS, nm
 :aether: ghostal, lightning gives cheap cc.

So, overall i think earth or light.

Spoiler for basman+duke:
For all candidates:
*) Aside of its lack of reliable PC (Hourglass baiting may not work against human opponents ^^;), do you think Time has any noteworthy problems?

For WWW3 (W6? :P) only
*) If you were to become the Ninth Master of Time, will you lead Time to War and Brawl?

Rareless? possibly, as spike said, it needs a midhitter. Atm, anubis is too slow and UP to play. While gotp are extremely good, they are easy to kill, so another hitter will be nice.

If you win Trials, will you lead your team into the upcoming war?

If not, please explain why.
I will be unable to lead time in war due to being war master. However, i'll lead in brawl. 

Spoiler for will:
What element do you hate the most and why?

I do not hate any element, but the one strongest one against time is aether, so when playing with time, i would hate to face aether.

Spoiler for dragons:
If your element has never won a war, why do you think that is?  (underpowered elements, bad generals/team, bad rng, etc)

Time is simply not as powerful as some of the stronger elements in war rules.

Spoiler for nae/d2d:
I believe brawl is just a non-pvp war. I do believe masters should represent their elements.

Spoiler for elk:
In the Element Drafting Phase of World Championships this year (i.e. Phase 2), I consistently gave my opponents time and gravity when I was player A, whereas most of the playerbase (as far as I heard) gave their opponents life and gravity. 

Do you believe that I personally underestimated the usefulness of Time, or do you believe that the Phase 2 rules made Time less useful than it is in general?

It depends on what other elements you gave but i believe you underestimated time. Time is able to form strong monos, duos and trios, like in my WC 3rd place match against zawa, time and light were the ones i finished first.  Also, in phase 2, i used time in 5/6 of my matches. So, im afraid i have to say you underestimated time's usefulness.

Spoiler for zso:

Question to all wannabe  :time masters:
How would you add permanent control to  :time ? Suggest a thematically fitting card.
Admittedly, i'm no good at creating card, shown by my lack of presence in CIA. However, out of two spike posted, i like the second one. The first has no effect on dims which hard counters time.

Spoiler for higu:
What does your element represent and mean to you outside of the gameplay? What has it done for you, and what would you do for it as a Master?
In all honesty, i cant really answer first two questions. In reply to third question, i'll do everything possible to showcase time's strength.I'll also use more decks with time cards in pvp events.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:28:07 pm by worldwideweb3 »
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192427#msg1192427
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:01:08 pm »
Reserved.

Note that I posted before spike, so I'm more enthusiastic :P

Nope. Spike's just working 12 hours/day...

:P
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192434#msg1192434
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:36:34 pm »
What element/card is the most synergistic with Time? (Excluding Darkness/Nightmare for obvious reasons)

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192447#msg1192447
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 07:02:48 pm »
KURO FOR PRESIDENT
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192448#msg1192448
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 07:03:57 pm »

Time has sinergies with all elements. Hourglass/precog can speed up every other element, sundial fits perfectly with stalls, poison decks, UG decks, etc..., dune scorpions need buff cards like chaos power, blessing, momentum or SoW, and so on.

Said that, having to choose an element, I'd say  :aether; ghostal showed up, during last wars, to be one the best duo around.

;)

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192462#msg1192462
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:33:02 pm »

Ok, lets look at possible synergies.
 :life: mitosis sor, healing carapace + dials eternity, adrenavu
 :entropy: mainly chaos power, possibly discord/pande splashed but not really a proper synergy, imo
 :death: skeleton rt, there's a fun, reasonable effective deck by S2, will link if required. mummy rt. sundial+poison
 :gravity: momentum dunes. dials could possibly be used in catatitans.
 :earth: quicksand+rt, graboid.
 :fire: no real synergy, except fire gives pc, good cc, cheap attacker (mp), if needed. again, not a proper synergy.
 :water: Tears works well, but that's about it.
 :light: pdials. luci hope. blessed deja's.
 :air: UG dials
 :darkness: cloak, LS, nm
 :aether: ghostal, lightning gives cheap cc.

So, overall i think earth or light.

@spike, 12 hours/day working, 7/8 hours sleep, 4/5 hours left out of which you'll probably use a few for other stuff. All in all, not enough time for war  :P
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192463#msg1192463
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »
@spike, 12 hours/day working, 7/8 hours sleep, 4/5 hours left out of which you'll probably use a few for other stuff. All in all, not enough time for war  :P

OTOH, worldwideweb supposed to work 24/7  :P

PS: to make my post on-topic:

How would you add permanent control to  :time ? Suggest a thematically fitting card.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:41:13 pm by Zso_Zso »
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192465#msg1192465
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »

Last war I had less spare :time and we placed 3rd...

A softcore PC. Something that would destroy a permanent over time or that would make a permanent not usable/useless for a certain amount of time.

For the first time, I'd think something related to corrosion of time, for the second idea I'd go for a sort of "time bubble".

Spoiler for Time PC ideas:

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192650#msg1192650
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 11:26:35 pm »
For all candidates:
*) Aside of its lack of reliable PC (Hourglass baiting may not work against human opponents ^^;), do you think Time has any noteworthy problems?

For Spike only
*) If I'm reading the result of the Eighth War correctly, you spent so few points to assembly your team, yet Time ended up the third. Was there any secret recipe on such an efficient war machine?
*) I know it's no CIA, but~
**) Rust: Rounded up or rounded down? Also, will upped Sundials be destroyed immediately?
**) Za warudo: This has nothing relevant with the card mechanism (how it works is intuitive enough for me), but do you happen to be a fans of JoJo or Touhou? :P

For WWW3 (W6? :P) only
*) If you were to become the Ninth Master of Time, will you lead Time to War and Brawl?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:36:57 am by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192710#msg1192710
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 05:40:56 pm »
For all candidates:

This is a nice question. It's not actually a "big problem", but :time may deserve a mid hitter creature (an airborne one would be perfect...); moreover, i'd move fate egg to entropy...

For Spike only
*) If I'm reading the result of the Eighth War correctly, you spent so few points to assembly your team, yet Time ended up the third. Was there any secret recipe on such an efficient war machine?
*) I know it's no CIA, but~
**) Rust: Rounded up or rounded down? Also, will upped Sundials be destroyed immediately?
**) Za warudo: This has nothing relevant with the card mechanism (how it works is intuitive enough for me), but do you happen to be a fans of JoJo or Touhou? :P

I've already explained several times what was my strategy during last war draft; the first turn the number of veterans was large, so it was obvious to manage to obtain a "strong players" using just one card. Kuro was a must, since he's a vet, he's strong and a Master-level :time user.

In second turn, I made the best "steal-of-the-draft"; i was one of few to know the potential of pwconfirm, since he was pretty "new" to the community, but he has a >1 million score account. Moreover, I faced him few times in tournaments and I saw how skilled he was.

Danieela was already in my first turn list, and i've been lucky to hire her. Propheon and furk were a bet, but once you have a some good players like Kuro, pw and Dani, the other will follow the team.

*Rounded...up? To avoid instant shatter we can add 1 turn as min. limit...

Of course... ;D

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58612.msg1192711#msg1192711
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 05:58:49 pm »

I'm gonna answer here questions from THIS topic...

Let's begin!

What element do you hate the most and why?

I don't hate...nothing. The element I fear the most is probably  :aether, because of immortal creatures, dim shield, fractal, etc... It looks like this element was made to hard counter :time...(sigh*)

What does your element represent and mean to you outside of the gameplay? What has it done for you, and what would you do for it as a Master?

Outside the game, time is the one of the most important thing in life; you've to learn (ASAP) to manage it to have...enough time! To do stuff at work or to study, to have spare time to rest, to see friends, partners, etc...
We're all subjected to the passing of time, after all...

In game,  :time is recognized as the element that most suits me; I'm not so dashing to be a fire user, nor so obscure to use darkness, etc...
I'd like to have control, to speed up or to slow down as I wish; my dream is to lead :time to win war...

If you win Trials, will you lead your team into the upcoming war?

If not, please explain why.

If so, please describe your leadership style and how you will organize and motivate your team members.

Of course, yes. But i don't want to give too many details about organization and motivation of my team; I just say: I promise you we'll have FUN!

If your element has never won a war, why do you think that is?  (underpowered elements, bad generals/team, bad rng, etc)

If your element has won a war, what makes you think YOU can do it again?

With old rules, some elements were more advantaged... /me looks at  :aether

brawl, where do you stand on it and do you think you will be able to be a brawl boss?

I loved brawl and I won one; the leader was krzy, but during his honeymoon I took the lead...so yes, I guess I'd be a nice boss in brawl. Unfortunately, the last one happened during a period of time when I was too busy with work and unable to join it...

Good question, might I add: Do you think masters should represent their elements in Brawl?

I think Masters should be proud of the chance to represent their elements in Brawl...

blarg: