*Author

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg461757#msg461757
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »
It is now tuesday. You have 10 mins ^-^.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg461765#msg461765
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 06:59:10 pm »
In card gaming (trading, collecting or otherwise), it's usually a given factor that extra draw power gives players an edge in dueling.  In regards to this domain, Time remains supreme over all Elements.

Q:  Because Time is currently the only Element in the game with the ability to increase its draw power, the theme of card drawing is commonly seen as something that Time should be able to do, and many card ideas have been shot down due to this factor.  Give me an example of a card idea outside of the Time Element that may pass as something being able to increase draw power (I'm only looking for the general idea, don't kill yourself trying to finalize it, balance it, etc.)

In addition, with so much draw power already, do you believe that Time is at its limit in terms of cards with an added draw effect?
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg462715#msg462715
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 04:50:53 pm »
Oni's question updated - here (the last question) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,36649.msg491433#msg491433)

Make an essay (by essay i mean any piece of writing :P) on timetravel. In 10 mins, watch in hand. (Not allowed to continue sentence, when ten minutes are passed stop writing and post).
A few years back, I was fascinated by the origin of universe. I read quite a few books about the relationship between time and space, and the endless possibilities beyond our imagination. I also came across a few TV Drama/movie, such as Back to the Future, Doctor Who (which talks about a guy who is the last of his species "time lord" and travelling through time) and 7 days (a few American scientist successfully built a time machine from a meteorite that can only go back 7 days in time). All of these inspired me about what we human are capable of, and what we don't know if we are capable of yet. To most people it might be just a story, but I see it as possibilities. What would we become if we can actually go back in time some day in the future? Can we really change the world by just merely appearing out of the historical thin air? Is it really possible to meet ancient civilization and learn from their secrets? I hope... (10 minutes)

In card gaming (trading, collecting or otherwise), it's usually a given factor that extra draw power gives players an edge in dueling.  In regards to this domain, Time remains supreme over all Elements.

Q:  Because Time is currently the only Element in the game with the ability to increase its draw power, the theme of card drawing is commonly seen as something that Time should be able to do, and many card ideas have been shot down due to this factor.  Give me an example of a card idea outside of the Time Element that may pass as something being able to increase draw power (I'm only looking for the general idea, don't kill yourself trying to finalize it, balance it, etc.)

In addition, with so much draw power already, do you believe that Time is at its limit in terms of cards with an added draw effect?

Mono time is still considered UP among other monos. If you look at time's card pool, yes there are quite a few cards that can increase the deck's draw power, but we all know that it doesn't work well as a rush. First, time's creatures are relatively high cost. If we want to combine it with draw-power enhancement cards, the quanta demand would be very heavy. Considering the fact that adding cards will reduce the consistency of the deck in early-game, time's draw power is overrated in the in-element environment. Another factor is that other elements have plenty of ways to counter time's build up, because the skills between other elements are fairly diversified.

However, I don't agree there should be a non-time card that possess draw-power enhancement. As I mentioned before, other elements has its own way to counter draw-power. If there is a non-time draw-power enhancement card, it will destroy the little bit of advantage that time possessed.

For draw-power enhancement card we already have all of the three kinds: Hourglass (Permanent), Golden Nymph (Creature with reusable ability), Precognition (Spell). It would be silly to add something similar. I think time can develop a card that deals with opponent's hand (as you can see from original Dune Scorp and GotP), which can enhance the "soft control" of the game and fits the theme perfectly.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg463082#msg463082
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:28 pm »
So I got five votes. I didn't expect much more, mostly because of my horrible Phase 2, but also when I'm in competition with 10 men, Kuroaitou and Vineroz. Good luck in finals Kuro and 10 men ^_^

I'll do it better next :time.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg463085#msg463085
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 12:27:22 pm »
woohoo, good job kuro :)
KUROOOOOOOO FOR TIME MASTER!!
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg463117#msg463117
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »
No surprise there, and I correctly predicted >80% vote goes to Kuro and 10 men. Looks like my last chance to fight for time would be in War!
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg463124#msg463124
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 02:37:18 pm »
No surprise there, and I correctly predicted >80% vote goes to Kuro and 10 men.
I predicted that too. iirc I told you that :P
Looks like my last chance to fight for time would be in War!
Don't ever give up! =)
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36649.msg463228#msg463228
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 08:17:39 pm »
Oh gosh... 48%? :o

First off, I'm both happy and a bit shocked that people would still vote for me despite my track record; this is the second time I've been allowed to fight the Master of Time, and considering how poorly I did against Xinef, I hope and know that I will not make the same mistakes as last time.

To all the other challengers; I sincerely thought that one of you would actually take the votes by lead and face 10 men, and regardless you guys always had me panicking during both Phase I and II, especially as both of you are beyond formidable in PvP. That being said, you guys did a fantastic job in your battles (especially against :aether Vine ^^; ), and I hope that when war comes around, we can all come together as a group and pull through to the end. :)

anything
blarg: