*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg377634#msg377634
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:07:09 am »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg377816#msg377816
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:45:58 am »
Hey, I'm PlayerOa.

I have done a clearly bad effort this Trials. I've managed to do all tasks in Phase 1, but thats pretty much it.

I went 0-3 in Phase 2. Lost 3-1 to SnoWeb and 3-0 to 10 men. Had to forfeit against Kuroaitou. That says pretty much it. Total failure.

So why vote for me?
That's up to you, but I think SnoWeb is the best challenger.

Thanks.

Note: I may not answer questions before Thursday. Maybe I can. But I'll answer all of them. :)
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg377820#msg377820
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:01:47 am »
I'll post my 'speech' later, but in the meanwhile, I guess it doesn't hurt to state a Trials question here for all the other amazing time competitors. :)

Q: “If Shard of Readiness’ bonus for Time creatures also allowed them to use their ability that turn (whether it was used or freshly played), similar to the original version of SoR, do you think that it would be exploited? Or do you think it would be the most logical bonus that SoR could give to the Time element?”

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg377829#msg377829
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:17:47 am »
I'll post my 'speech' later, but in the meanwhile, I guess it doesn't hurt to state a Trials question here for all the other amazing time competitors. :)

Q: “If Shard of Readiness’ bonus for Time creatures also allowed them to use their ability that turn (whether it was used or freshly played), similar to the original version of SoR, do you think that it would be exploited? Or do you think it would be the most logical bonus that SoR could give to the Time element?”
I believe its the best bonus for :time.
Deja vu-ing on the first turn, and Anubis quinting itself. A good buff. Double Rewind w/ Eternity would be awesome.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg377838#msg377838
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:55:55 am »
I'll post my harangue later.

That's up to you, but I think SnoWeb is the best challenger.
Thanks for your support, friend. I will need a lot of it if I want to step ahead of 10 men (I think he has 6 more points than me). Anyway, the 4 challengers in the trial of time are good one. We all fulfilled task 1 to show our motivation. Also we all created various nice and inventive deck in phase two thereby showing our skills and the versatility of our element.

First of all, I believe that shard of readiness need a slight buff. It is underused at the moment. I would allow it to target both permanent and creature. I think it would increase it's use. Now concerning the bonus for time, I can imagine two:
  • Refresh ability (that you mentioned): If the target (creature or permanent) is of the time element, allow it to use its ability right after the SoR is play (even if it has just been played or if it has already used its ability this turn). This would add some ambush ability to time. It would be great to be able to rewind a creature the turn you just played your eternity (no fear of having it at the bottom of your deck any more) or as PlayerOA mentioned, render Anubis immortal instantaneously (and in a mono-time deck with that).
  • Buff: The other alternative I see is to add a +1|+0 to time creatures. This would allow time player to play dune scorpions in every deck. A bonus of +1|+0 for 3 random quanta would be way more expensive than momentum, chaos power or blessing but would increase the versatility of the creature. This added to the usability on the permanents (eternity and hourglass) would greatly increase the strength of a monotime.

Offline 10 men

• Reputation Power: 0
  • 10 men hides under a Cloak.
  • Honesty is the privilege of the infallible
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of Time4th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerShard Revolution WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWar #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg377870#msg377870
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:02:25 am »
Hello there, I am 10 men. I like Time! A few days ago I calculated that in my Elements career I have drawn roughly 100000 cards from Electrum Hourglass. (not kidding there)
So I am well experienced with handling this apparatus. If you have anymore questions about my qualification or the Element I apply for, or even my personality, feel free to post them here! :D

I would have to answer no to both. Firstly, I think it wouldn't be exploitable at all. To see why, let's look at the possible uses of it:
- Deja Vu: Not worth it, the only thing this would give you is a few more damage for one card and some quanta, which is a very bad deal in an already inconsistant deck (assuming you play Deja Vu + buffs).
- Anubis: This would allow you to quint the Anubis the same turn it comes into play. This could allow you to slowly immortalize your whole board. In PvP something like that is usually not very interesting as Anubis is just such a slow attacker. Quinting your board is a little more interesting against certain AIs like FGs where you want to blank their CC. However you need to look at the alternatives here. For example in I've GotP Time (http://I've GotP Time) I currently play Quintessence + Anubis for that exact purpose. However I definitely wouldn't replace the Quintessence with an SoR as Quint also allows me to quint a flying Eternity, which is something I do often as well.
- Flying Eternity: Play a Rewind instead. Does the same but also works when the opponent goes turn 1 Immolation + Phoenix.
- Scarab: Get ready to eat some Sparks Scarabs! :D
- Pharaoh: If you really want Scarabs fast just play Scarabs instead of a card that only works when you already have a Pharaoh in play.
- Golden Nymph: You would much rather want something that allows you to survive while you wait for your Nymph (like CC) or something that allows you to get it out faster (like more Pillars) instead of something that only gives you a small bonus when you finally have it out.

In conclusion: The original card had to be nerfed because there was exactly one overpowered interaction (SoR + Dive). Otherwise even then the card would have been very limited in their usage. It is not a useful Shard for Time at all.
For my opinion about how SoR should look like, click here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,29298.0.html).
"My big fear is that one day I may become so vain that I will quote myself in my own signature."  ---  10 men

Offline ffun

• Reputation Power: 4
  • ffun is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg377985#msg377985
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:21:22 pm »
Time's Final Standing during previous Wars:
War 1 - 5th
War 2 - 6th
War 3 - 7th

1. Time's standing is suffering a rewind, or at least seems to be trapped in a stasis bubble. Besides, it seems Time's participation is always lukewarm (and gradually getting worse!) - it doesn't fall right out nor does it fight for the top spot. It looses some matches, ends up with a reduced vault, hangs in there with 1 or 2 decks but finally leaves quietly, without much fuss or anyone really noticing it. It doesn't harness the glories of Fire or Entropy, but people also don't pity it like Gravity and (previously) Water. With the current card base, Time's role will keep being limited as a supporting actor in War? Do you think it need changes/buffs in order to grab the main role or - if not - as a Master of Time, what can you bring to the table to improve its standing?

2. Regarding War 3 in particular, how did you rate Time's participation? Explain giving specifically the perspective of:
SnoWeb and SpikeSpiegel: a member (What were your view and experience with organization, team decisions and planning etc?)
10 men and PlayerOa: an opponent (Did you fear Time? How did you prepare yourselves specifically to play against it? Did it surprise or disappoint you?)
Kuroaitou: seeing it from the outside (How did you view the initial team rooster choices, matches and overall progress of Time throughout War? Did it surprise or disappoint you?)

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378004#msg378004
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 03:53:00 pm »
My task:Make an original denial time(50%) deck.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378021#msg378021
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 04:19:21 pm »
Which do you feel Time represents better in ETG, speeding up/gaining cards faster (e.g. Haste), or slowing down/denial (e.g. Rewind Time), and why?

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378045#msg378045
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 05:11:15 pm »
This is a shield that is similar to Bone Wall, except that it works with Time's ability to draw cards. For this card: 'time barrier' is similar to 'bone shield' for blocking damage. Plus it gives Time a shield that actually blocks damage. And it could work well in a mono-Time. And yes, it gets counters if your opponent uses a card effect to draw a card.
If this card was introduced into the game: What impact would it have? How would you utilize it? What decks would you build? How would it change :time? (You don't have to answer each question individually)

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378074#msg378074
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 06:01:20 pm »
Spike I respect you as a person and PvP player. But your abandoment of the team shook my confidence in you as a master. What can you do to assure me and other players that you see worthy of our trust again?
Lux Kyrie

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Time will show
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29688.msg378088#msg378088
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 06:43:05 pm »
Time's Final Standing during previous Wars:
War 1 - 5th
War 2 - 6th
War 3 - 7th

1. Time's standing is suffering a rewind, or at least seems to be trapped in a stasis bubble. Besides, it seems Time's participation is always lukewarm (and gradually getting worse!) - it doesn't fall right out nor does it fight for the top spot. It looses some matches, ends up with a reduced vault, hangs in there with 1 or 2 decks but finally leaves quietly, without much fuss or anyone really noticing it. It doesn't harness the glories of Fire or Entropy, but people also don't pity it like Gravity and (previously) Water. With the current card base, Time's role will keep being limited as a supporting actor in War? Do you think it need changes/buffs in order to grab the main role or - if not - as a Master of Time, what can you bring to the table to improve its standing?

2. Regarding War 3 in particular, how did you rate Time's participation? Explain giving specifically the perspective of:
SnoWeb and SpikeSpiegel: a member (What were your view and experience with organization, team decisions and planning etc?)
10 men and PlayerOa: an opponent (Did you fear Time? How did you prepare yourselves specifically to play against it? Did it surprise or disappoint you?)
Kuroaitou: seeing it from the outside (How did you view the initial team rooster choices, matches and overall progress of Time throughout War? Did it surprise or disappoint you?)
1: Time really need some PC. Creative PC. With that Time would be much better.
Every element can win war - look at aether and water (early). With a right strategy everyone can win. Look at Aether and Water (early) in last war. Though elements like Fire and Entropy has a bigger chance to win, they can't autowin.

2: I feared every element last war, with time as no exception. They had a great team, and it shocks me that they didn't place higher. We did prepare against time with counters and strategy, but as a team we planned equally against every team.
Which do you feel Time represents better in ETG, speeding up/gaining cards faster (e.g. Haste), or slowing down/denial (e.g. Rewind Time), and why?
I believe both of them is important factors for the element Time. With Precognition, Hourglass and Golden Nymph, Time is a speedy element.
With Rewind, Eternity and Procrastination Time is a denial element.
This is a shield that is similar to Bone Wall, except that it works with Time's ability to draw cards. For this card: 'time barrier' is similar to 'bone shield' for blocking damage. Plus it gives Time a shield that actually blocks damage. And it could work well in a mono-Time. And yes, it gets counters if your opponent uses a card effect to draw a card.
If this card was introduced into the game: What impact would it have? How would you utilize it? What decks would you build? How would it change :time? (You don't have to answer each question individually)
I personally love this card. I would build a deck with Hourglasses, GotP's and Time Barriers. And I believe I wouldn't be alone, as this would be a big change in Time.

blarg: