*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19014.msg242315#msg242315
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:39:46 am »
Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness
Phase 1 has ended

Post your decks/screenshots/links/card ideas/articles here.

When you post more than one, please use "modify" and add them to your first post instead of posting on two different places. Thanks.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19014.msg242813#msg242813
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:09:39 am »
OPTION I
Elements the Game
Fighting Half Bloods

Stalling Scarab Amalgamation  (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19400.0.html)
Code: [Select]
560 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 74a 74a 74f 74f 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q5 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7ri 7ri 7ri
Avg. TTW: 16.7
AVG Time (in seconds): 265.475 sec.
Total Games Tested: 50
Total Win percentage: 80% (40/50 wins)
Total Elemental Masteries (Full HP at the end of the game): 16/50 (or 32%)

OPTION III
Elements Article
Article Writing

(1384 words)

I’ll try to keep this as concise as I can. ^^;

In regards to World of Elements (or WoE), I personally believe that Time’s WoE skills are versatile, fun, and incredibly symbolic of the Time element as a whole. While the majority of the skills aren’t directly helpful in gathering resources or salvaging more cards compared to other elements’ PvP skills, they all have an incredible potential to speed up the leveling process for Time players, as well as provide unusual bonuses between round transitions and learning new skills.

Based on each tier:

Mark:
Mark of Time – This is a basic skill that all starting elementals will begin with (or learn to access other abilities). It’s obviously a nice point for anyone.

Tier 1:
Stall – The wonderful thing about this skill isn’t just the fact that Time has numerous drawing techniques (Hourglasses, Sundials, etc.), but for the simple fact that this ability can help augment the power of Gravity’s Champion skill, 'Deadweight', which forces players to use 45 or more cards in their deck. The fact that Time in itself has a strong capability to stall out various other mono-decks in comparison (with cards like Turtle Shield, Eternity, and Sundial) makes this a perfect candidate for the Clockmaker ‘branch’, and something that I would personally pick up first if it weren’t for two other vital skills on this level.

Camel Riding – While the map isn’t completely finalized, this Fast Travel provides a wonderful edge to arrive at the Omniton (or the Other/Unaligned elemental City) as quickly as possible, even though it’s also fairly limited in terms of where else you can go with the Camel.

Bane of Aether – This is one of those skills that probably won’t be as wonderful at first because the majority of Aether players are across the map from you. It’s still a requirement for both branches however, so taking this after getting a few other Tier 2 skills would be an effective strategy to being a Champion of Time.

Tinkering – Hands down, Tinkering is probably the most vital of the early Time skills for the simple fact that Pendulums are going to be an extremely rare card to get a hold of; many other elements will covet this ability greatly. Because of Time’s close vicinity to the suspicious Earth elementals, Time players may want to take this so as to gain protection against Earthquake denial decks, as splitting up your main sources of quanta generation into pillars and pendulums can be the only way of avoiding those tactics. I would pick up the skill immediately not just for PvP, but also to increase my chances of trading and economic revenue as well, since most early elementals would want access to these cards, especially in mono or duo decks with the limited cards we have.

Adventurer – Another Tier 2 skill that can be significant in leveling up quickly as a Time player. While the spreadsheet hasn’t specified how the additional 2 active quest-pick ups are going to be done, I assume that being able to hold up to 5 quests (chains, global quests, conflicts, etc.) can allow a person to prioritize easier and find a way to accomplish each quest in a much more organized manner. Coupled with the Scribe skill on Tier 3, this can be perfect for all those quest-doers out there – I know for a fact that I’m a PVE type of guy anyway.

Tier 2:
Manipulate Time – Initially, I was a bit worried about the effectiveness of this skill until I realized that Relics could be bought from towns and cities. For 2 Action Points (meaning you can still move that turn) and a Relic, you can effectively deny people the ability to use Fast Travel (which requires a full 3 AP), prevent the Siege battle stance (unless they’re a Gravity player with the Rapid Fire skill), and stop other nasty skills that require 3 or more AP from being performed in a single turn. Because of this, Manipulate Time is probably one of the best control skills in regards to the environment – by denying hostile players their AP, you limit their plans to attack, move, and strategize accordingly.

Foresight – While not completely full proof, I imagine that this would be a great tool for people who aren’t sure of what to expect when it comes to deck building. From asking if they have certain forms of permanent control (Explosion and Steal come to mind), or if they have a certain number of cards in their deck (to counter rushes or stalls), Foresight can be an effective tool in predicting what the enemy is going to use against you. Assuming that they tell the truth of course; if they lie, then there might be something extra to punish them…

Research Research can be a great tool to gain a few extra skills to improve your crafting versatility (Breeding, Weaponsmith, etc.), movement (gaining Fast Travel skills like Ship Captain or Tunnel Rat), or even PvP capabilities (Backstabbing and Diversion). The best factor about this skill is that you can basically skip over obtaining the ‘Mark’ in order to learn the Tier 1 ability – being able to learn bonus skills for a Relic and AP can be great for almost any situation or area you feel you’re lacking in.

Scribe – The bread and butter of the entire Scholar branch. Getting 4 additional XP each time you complete a quest is nothing to scoff at, especially in the beginning levels where quests may be overlooked for level gain compared to fighting hostile elemental players. Each experience point adds up, and eventually, one would realize how incredibly efficient Time could be with Scribe in their repertoire.

Tier 3:
Clockmaker – No matter how you slice this ‘class skill’, Clockmaker is immensely useful for practically every situation. One could use the Siege battle stance while crafting Pendulums at the same time with Tinkering. Or you could cast Manipulate Time on your hex while using Fortify against a player that you know will use Aggressive Attack against you (thus, you gain an advantage do overcome them with additional upped cards based on the attack stances, while providing an annoying setback to the enemy in case you do lose). The possibilities are endless – for a manipulator of Time, Clockmaker is about adding extra control to what you can do, and increasing the speed at which you can finish your tasks on the map.

Scholar – While one cannot be a Champion of two elements, getting additional skills from any element (or simply increasing the speed at which you max out your Time tree) provides a lot of freedom for players to customize. Whether it’s 3 different Mark skills, gaining 3 skills in the Time tree (to probably obtain Clockmaker faster), or just 3 skills in another element that you find interesting, knowing more for less experience is perfect as a Scholar.

Tier 4:
Champion of Time (Flashback) – Few people realize how incredibly misleading the skill can be. For most players, having a match out of 3 battles can be nerve-racking and sometimes purely based on the flip of a coin. While losing 0-2 is an unfortunate outcome, being able to change said outcome had you won 1 out of 3 duels is a sweet tool against players who might have underestimated you. Does it give you an advantage during the battles? Not necessarily – but Flashback forces opponents to realize that if they don’t beat you 2-0 (2 duels back-to-back), they’re going to have to go on for 4 duels and have a 75% win rate against you, which will not be easy if you use your other skills wisely (especially with skills like Foresight and Stall up your sleeve, alongside others learned by Research).

The polls say it all. Time is probably one of the most popular elements not just because the skills are balanced, but are intuitively strong for the game as is in a different sense – character advancement and control. With the polar opposites of fast-forwarding time (learning new skills and gaining experience quickly via quests) and slow motion (stalling the opponent in duels or on the map), Time is going to be a favorite in World of Elements, and hands down will be the one I choose when the game is finally released.

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19014.msg242825#msg242825
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 02:21:10 am »
OPTION I
Elements the Game
Fighting Half Bloods

Please, take a look to my deck: ONASD (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19056.new.html#new)

6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 6rn 74a 74a 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q3 7q5 7q5 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7ri 7ri
TTW: Games: 55, Avg. ttw: 16,025 ttw, Avg. Time: 241,683 sec/game, Losses: 15, EM: 5

OPTION II
Elements the Game
Card Ideas

I'm glad i was able to comment two cards by type... ;)

1) Wisdom of the Ancient/Power of the Eternal (Permanent) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,14073.new.html#new) [Words count: 222]

2) Time Machine/Improved Time Machine (Permanent) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17727.new.html#new) [Words count: 211]

3) Topaz Stone/Topaz Gem (Creature) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,16787.new.html#new) [Words count: 235]

4) Ra/Ra (upped) (Creature) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17280.new.html#new) [Words count: 213]

5) Travels/Journies (Spell) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17180.new.html#new) [Words count: 217]

6) Extinction/Extinction (upped) (Spell) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,12317.new.html#new) [Words count: 217]

Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Memorystick

Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19014.msg243027#msg243027
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:50:52 am »
OPTION I
Elements the Game
Fighting Half Bloods

5c2 5cg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5t2 5t2 5t2 5t2 6rq 6rq 7ac 7ac 7ai 7aj 7aj 7al 7al 7am 7am 7am 7am 7am 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q3 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q5 7q5 7q5 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc 7qc
TTW Finished!
43/40 wins
Games:65
Total Wins:43
EMs:20
Win%:66.15%
EM%:46.51%
Average TTW:17.442
TurnsWins
OPTION II
Elements Forums
Card Ideas

6/6 Comments.

Phase 1 Compete!

Belthazar666

Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19014.msg244294#msg244294
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 02:06:28 am »
OPTION I
Elements the Game
Fighting Half Bloods

Phase Back To The Silurian Age (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19215.new.html#newl)
7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7q6 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80e 80e 80f 80f 80fTTW: 14.675

OPTION III
Elements Article
Article Writing

Mark:

Mark of Time

Simple skill every one of the elements has, nothing special to report.

Tier 1:

Stall

Discarding 6 less cards is always a good thing. Best thing about this is the fact that with time, you can use precognition, essentially making a 35 card deck and discarding less cards. It also allows you to play with a deck out win condition, and making that choice just a bit safer. Perfect for getting different deck types into the game.

Camel Riding

Why wouldn't you want to move faster? Although it consumes three AP, it is still valuable, especially in big boards. Definitely good if you're on the run with a bounty on your head, or if you just need to get somewhere before someone else. Heck, you can even chase down someone else who's wanted.

Bane of Aether

Straight forward, every element (Aside from Underworld) has one of these for the opposing element. More experience is great, the more you have the better.

Tinkering

Simple, and great for helping with duos. Sure, you need to sacrifice resources, but you can make them on the spot; which could change your deck type entirely and surprise an opponent and giving you a victory.

Adventurer

More active quests mean more things are getting done. With this skill, you're now being even more productive. Using it to complete a bunch of simple quests, or quests that go along with each other, or in the same area will speed your game up and make other elements jealous.

Tier 2:

Manipulate Time

This is one of the most fitting for time, manipulating things.  Having people use one less AP could help in a pinch. It isn't necessarily a powerful skill, and it consumes a relic, but under the right circumstances it could be seen as the most powerful.

Foresight

This skill allows you to ask a deck related question before battle, and your opponent must answer truthfully. A great way to being prepared for a battle. Knowing is half the battle, and with the right question it might be able to turn the tide of a battle entirely.

Research

Although Research uses a relic, I think it's one of Time's most valuable skills. For 6 turns you get to replace it with any other tier one skill.  You can take something like Alchemy from water if you need Alchemy cards. Bargaining, from Underworld, to save yourself some money. Improved Trading if you need really need to see a merchant, but aren't close to a town, or trade with another player. The possibilities with this skill are only limited to the number of tier 1 skills, which is quite a few.

Scribe

This, coupled with Adventurer, can really add up. Completing all 5 of the active quests you have nets you a cool twenty extra XP. Definitely worth it if you're looking to level up as quickly as possible.

Tier 3

Clockmaker

Using an additional Action Point could do wonders for you in the long run, definitely a straight forward skill with it's obvious benefits. Balanced and fits the theme of time well.

Scholar

Just like the other Tier 3 skill, Clockmaker, this one is straight forward. You gain 3 additional skill points, which is something that will no doubt come in handy sooner or later, a great skill for a great element.

Tier 4

Champion of Time

One of my least favorite skills for time. When it's compared to other skills, it's not as valuable. Deaths, for instance, takes away 18 upgrades from your opponent. With that, you might not lose a game in the first place. Light and Water both limit your opponents creatures that can be played. I'm not going to compare this to every Tier 4 skill, but it seems like Time cut it a bit short, as some of the others are quite powerful. Then again, I could be underestimating this. It's basically an RNG savior if you get unlucky, but can win out one of the first 2 games.

I'd say time is one of the most balanced Elements. It doesn't have anything overly powerful, but it has a few things that can majorly affect the game, or at least a battle.  The Champion of Time skill may be a slight let down, but they can't all affect cards, and it's similar to Darkness in the sense that it does something based on the end results of a battle.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19014.msg247208#msg247208
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:38 am »
OPTION II
Elements Forums
Card Ideas

Bastet | Sekhmet (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18945.msg259696#msg259696)
Ra | Ra (upped) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17280.msg264091#msg264091)
Sphinx | Greater Sphinx (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19059.msg264097#msg264097)

It seems I won't have time to finish this before deadline... I'm kinda busy with exams and similar stuff (a few deadlines this week)... don't worry, I'll finish it in the future, even if I get no points for doing so.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 3rd Trials - Phase 1 - Proving of Worthiness https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=19014.msg247247#msg247247
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:09 pm »
OPTION II
Elements Forums
Card Ideas

Bastet | Sekhmet (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18945.msg259696#msg259696)
Ra | Ra (upped) (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17280.msg264091#msg264091)
Sphinx | Greater Sphinx (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19059.msg264097#msg264097)

It seems I won't have time to finish this before deadline... I'm kinda busy with exams and similar stuff (a few deadlines this week)... don't worry, I'll finish it in the future, even if I get no points for doing so.
Doh. >.> Well, at least you keep your honor of always completing things whenever you can, rather than just not even attempting to try at all. ^^;

...that said, I completed my tasks on time, even if it was a few hours before the deadline. :P Please update the standings xdude! ^^

anything
blarg: