Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Time?

PlayerOa
12 (80%)
Naii_the_Baf
3 (20%)
None Worthy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: August 03, 2020, 07:16:14 pm

*Author

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67926.msg1301489#msg1301489
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:16:14 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member may vote on only one candidate. You can change your vote(s) at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you believe none of the Trialists should be Master, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline PlayerOaTopic starter

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67926.msg1301490#msg1301490
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 07:16:38 pm »
I’ll be happy to answer all your questions, so fire away! As for myself, I’ve been master of Time twice, and a member of this community for over 10 ( :o ) years, so I do see myself as an alright candidate for the title. However, Naii is a person with a lot of qualities, both inside and outside the game, and is without a doubt a worthy competitor.

Spoiler for Wyand:
1) Who is this 'None' and why do you think he/she is worthy? :silly:
I don't know, ask the stupid TrO that made these polls

2) What does your Element's Mark looks like to you, what impressions does it give to you?
Time's symbol is pretty simple - the infinity sign is a well known one, and is often associated with time. It gives me an impression of eternity and hope.

3) What sort of card does your Element miss? (Designing that card is a bonus.)
I'll go with the cliché here, but after all, there is a reason it has become a cliché. Time is in dire need of permanent control. As for designing, I won't bother, because pikachufan2164 has already done it!

5) Make a nice scribble of your favorite card!
I did draw a Sundial for last set of Trials:

Spoiler for pics or it didn't happen:
Don't mind the giant noob holding it.

6) Who do you respect the best from your Element's previous masters?
While Kuroaitou is an awesome guy that got his well deserved mastership after god knows how many tries, I can't help but answer 10 men. He took time as a PvP element to heights never seen before, and is, in my opinion, at least a part of the top 3 PvPers of all time. I'm glad I got to join you for War #5, 10 men. You should come back one time *sniffles*

But really, there have been tons of great :time masters along the way, and I'm proud of being part of the legacy.

Spoiler for Linkcat:
Why is the element you are trialing for your favorite? If it's a different element than the one you last trialed for, why the switch?
I've always been fascinated by the concept of time. But the reason :time is my favorite element, is at this point, mostly nostalgia. Trialing for some other element would feel pretty weird to me a this point, but I've never hidden the fact that trialing for :air has been something I'd enjoy doing. I chose :time as my starter element back in 2010 because of the description of the element when starting a new account: "A time elemental have control over the order of the events, he can slow down his opponent, reverse his actions, or hasten himself." Yellow being my favorite color and my fascination for time and physics were also likely factors. Over the years I felt more and more connected with the element, and as a double Master, I feel like a good representative of :time, and therefore it just feels right to keep trialing for it.

Spoiler for Naesala:
Which card from your element has the most sex appeal? Feel free to support your claim with as much or little evidence as you like.
Avoiding the obvious answer that is Golden Nymph.. nah who am I kidding, it's impossible not to get turned on after playing your fifth consecutive Sundial!

Spoiler for DoubleCapitals - out of element:
Who is the community member that best represents your element that hasn't been associated with your element already?
TheonlyrealBeef is one of very few who has been around this community for as long time as me... With Ghostmare additionally being one of his signature decks, I would have to pick him.

Spoiler for DoubleCapitals - in element:
I mulled over shooting a hard question, but, hmm. Nah.

Favourite use of time (or time travel) in any fiction?

Spoiler for DoctorC:
How would you imagine your perfect Avatar-esque element fighting style?
Think of the portal gun from Portal 1&2, but instead of warping in space, you'll be warping in time. Damn, that would be cool.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 11:33:45 am by PlayerOa »
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Naii_the_Baf

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Naii_the_Baf hides under a Cloak.
  • Who reads these anyway?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.21.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67926.msg1301509#msg1301509
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:02:44 pm »
General:
Spoiler for Wyand:
1) Who is this 'None' and why do you think he/she is worthy? :silly:
I do not believe they're worthy. Just some guy who thinks they can master all twelve elements.

2) What does your Element's Mark looks like to you, what impressions does it give to you?
Plain and simple─ just like time; easy to understand, yet difficult to master. The symbol of infinity is well known. It gives me an impression of eternity; don't know where it starts, don't know where it ends.

3) What sort of card does your Element miss? (Designing that card is a bonus.)
PC. PC for the love of all that's good. Otherwise, I believe that Time has a little bit of everything, sans hard CC but its soft CC is powerful enough as it is.

5) Make a nice scribble of your favorite card!
Later.

6) Who do you respect the best from your Element's previous masters?
I'll be honest, here─ I've been in the forums for seven years now, but I kind of sucked before and didn't really pay attention to a lot of stuff, and probs went inactive for a while as well. In truth I know very little masters, and even those I know I've watched little of, even while being in war with some of them. I'd say it would be Kuroaitou, though. Relevant: Look at Link's question too.

Spoiler for Linkcat:
Why is the element you are trialing for your favorite? If it's a different element than the one you last trialed for, why the switch?
I love how Time plays, tbh. Time on its own can be very powerful, and I actually find games to be more fun when you have easier access to your deck via drawing. Annoying the opponent with cards like Eternity and Procrastination is fun too, although the receiving end isn't particularly fond of any of it.
I remember the reason I first trialed for Time three years ago was because Kuro had bid and won me during War 10's auction. In fact, it was Kuro who first taught me how to play Time effectively. I honestly started liking Time a lot after that, and still do.

Spoiler for Naesala:
Which card from your element has the most sex appeal? Feel free to support your claim with as much or little evidence as you like.
Those Deja Vu eyes always captivate me.... Dayum.

Spoiler for DoubleCapitals:
Who is the community member that best represents your element that hasn't been associated with your element already?
I don't usually pay attention to who has or did what─ why do you think I'm so bad at mafia? :silly:

Spoiler for DoctorC:
How would you imagine your perfect Avatar-esque element fighting style?
Time is about manipulating yourself or your opponent, not by controlling your opponent, but by knowing their actions. I don't imagine it being a quickly paced style, but it would also certainly not be a slow one either. I imagine it would be a mix of water and airbending, leaning more to the former.

Specific:
Spoiler for DoubleCapitals:
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:11:05 pm by Naii_the_Baf »
War 10 :time :time :water :time :chroma 14
Old avatar: http://i.imgur.com/Zs7LGRT.png

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67926.msg1301670#msg1301670
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 12:13:55 pm »
I mulled over shooting a hard question, but, hmm. Nah.

L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

anything
blarg: