*Author

Offline iancudorinmarianTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66130.msg1277691#msg1277691
« on: July 06, 2018, 07:36:09 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
HAS RUN OUT

:timebig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules for information on Phase 1 tasks.

To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Requirements:
- Evidence of Score Requirement
- Evidence of Established Account Requirement
- Evidence of PvP Event Participation
OR
- Evidence of PvP Event Achievement

Spoiler for Phase 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/WMing last war
-If you were a General, and were in the same War team as the element you are trialing for, evidence of your General-ship

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
-Evidence of participation/BMing/Voter's Panel position last brawl
-If you were a Boss, evidence of your Boss-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

You can find more information on the Phase 1 tasks in the Phase 1 Rules. Remember, the Requirements to Challenge are:

• Any ONE from:
    • Winning a Weekly Tournament
    • A top 3 finish in either of the PVP Leagues
    • A top 3 finish in a PVP event
    • Finishing on 1 of the top 3 War teams
    • Becoming a Master of any Element
  • OR ALL of the following:
    • 30,000+ score in Elements
    • 10+ forum posts
    • Joined the forums no less than 3 weeks ago (at the time of signing up)
    • Participation in at least three separate PVP Events (Leagues, War, Weekly Tournaments, etc.)

Note: In the event more there are more than four challengers for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:

Master DoubleCapitals of :time is NOT defending.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:28:44 pm by iancudorinmarian »

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66130.msg1277719#msg1277719
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 07:16:12 am »

-Just look left at my award collection for now, maybe I can be arsed to make the screenshots as well, but there is kinda no point.

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 4: The Engineer:
Task 4: The Engineer
  • Design a new False God that features your element.
    • Create a thematic name for this False God.
    • Create a Deck code. (This should utilize the standard FG double draw, x2 deck size, and x3 mark).
    • Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the False God.
    • Explain each of the cards, and the reason they were included in the deck from a thematic standpoint.
Submission details:
  • Post your False God, deck, and explanations in your Challenger's Entrance post.
Phase 2 Component
  • Unlocks 3 of the following:  :water :life :time :air. The unchosen element will be given to your opponent.
  • Allows the use of up to 6 pillar/pendulum upgrades plus 5 of any upgraded cards in each of your Phase 2 decks.
-The frog or human headed god Heh (Huh, Hehu) was one of the original eight gods of the Ogdoad of Khmunu (Hermopolis). He was the god of infinity and time, the god of long life and eternity. He is linked to the number 1 million, a number so large that back in the days it was synonymous with infinity. His wife is Hauhet, largely his female counterpart representing the infinity of time and space.

Heh
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7am 7am 7ap 7ap 7ap 7ap 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q1 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q8 7qk 7qu 7qu 7qu 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 8pn

Spoiler for Card breakdown:
Giant frogs- represent his head. Him being infinite can be at most approximated by using the maximum allowed copies and increasing them with mitosis. In the deck it's a very efficient cheap hitter.
Feral Bond- represent Heh's longevity and benefits from large numbers. With how much this deck floods the board it can exceed the power of SoG easily.
Mitosis- allows generation of theoretically infinite copies of any creature (the ai will always choose the biggest one, but there are times for each creature in the deck to be the theoretically best option)
Deja vu- represent how history repeats itself and Heh with his long life has seen it all. Also they quickly accumulate and with eternity you have another way other than mitosis to create infinite copies of deja vu.
Rewind- spell counterpart of eternity and very obvious use of his time powers.
Electrum Hourglass- ability to speed up time to increase number of cards in his hand.
Eternity- the essence of infinity. Coupled with feral bond it makes infinite games quite possible. It can also leave the opponent perpetually drawing the same card over and over again.
Golden Nymph- representing Hauhet. supposed to be only one in deck initially, but double draw wont allow it. Of course she can have lots of daughters during gameplay ;)
Shard of readiness- Coupled with mitosis it quickly pumps up the numbers on the board. Also it increases the cost efficiency of any ability to infinty. also works nicely on golden nymphs with or without mitosis (and the thusly generated copies of them). Unfortunately, the AI is woefully incompetent with it, but it's still worth it.
Spoiler for strengths and weaknesses:
Strengths:
  • Good control over draws; it can draw most of the deck reasonably quickly, but fills the board quickly and then the hand with creatures, so that eternity still successfully prevents deckout
  • reasonable healing once setup properly. enough to stop most slower decks that dont aim to kill in one turn easily. (like pdials, monoaether without fractal etc)
  • floods the board quickly
  • reasonable dmg output at any stage of the game
  • eternity and rt should provide enough control to make the life of most rushes as well as swallow difficult; also has drawlockdown potential
Weaknesses
  • slightly awkward quanta. it needs a bit to get going, but then doesnt really need much more quanta despite increased card draw, since nymph/eternity are the only high cost cards
  • no pc
  • Dimensional shield, sundial, sosac stop a lot of its damage
  • Weak to many otks (good ol limitless speed, firecell, dims+sov and co are easy counters)
  • most creatures are vulnerable to shields and mass cc. In addition to dimensional shield, wings, diamond and permafrost shield can stop a lot of dmg. Rain of fire is a fieldwipe except for the nymphs.
  • since the deck already draws like thrice as many cards as the player, sobra has next to no drawback, provided Heh's hand isnt nearly full already
Spoiler for Phase 2 component:
:water :life :air for me, :time for my opponents

Spoiler for War Bonus=1:

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus=0:
Haven't done this before.

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus=0:
Not this year.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:44:21 pm by kaempfer13 »
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66130.msg1277729#msg1277729
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 07:14:19 pm »
Solaris called me a piece of shit for doing this.

I don't care.
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66130.msg1277775#msg1277775
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 08:47:34 am »

You can click on my profile for my posts (which is more than 10) and for my age (which should be about a year now).
I have participated in 12 lives #4 as well as several weekly tournaments (July 8th 2018 7x7 speedbuilding, June 30th 2018 Lab Incident, June 16th What you are in the dark, and a couple others).

Spoiler for War Bonus:
I love a haiku

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
They are just stupid enough,

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus:
for me to enjoy

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Task 1: Aficionado
Foreword: The following "short" story may or may not be short. If I must lose points then so be it, but it is  :time for me to make my grand entrance...

Spoiler for Filler Episode:
To begin this tale, we must go back in time to the year 2273. I was an entrepreneur in my 40s and I just gained ownership of a multi-trillion dollar company that boasts the technology to harness the power of aether. We use the acquired energy to power up a device we call the “shock cannon.” The shock cannon is a particle disruptor that opens up a rift in space creating a fractal universe that when manipulated can represent a world from the past. Through these parallel universes, we have established a sort of time travel mechanism, not one that anyone in your time would understand, but one that has come to exist in this world.
 :time :time :time
However, as cool as this may seem, I actually hated my job. I had and still have a passion for video games but I was never good enough to make it in the esports scene. My mechanics weren’t there and as a result I moved my gaming interests over to the realm of online card games. There was the Universe of Peacecraft TCG, Animals vs. Humanoids Supervillains, and many other fun games, but they were too simple in strategy and no opponent was a match for the human embodiment of a psion that I was. Then one day, I found my great great great grandmother’s computer lying dormant in my attic and I chose to look through her search history for the kicks, when I stumbled upon a website she visited by the hour. It was onemorelevel.com, and I immediately attempted to open the link, only to discover it was a hub for many of the Forgotten Flashes. I had heard so many stories about them, but to be so close to one let alone hundreds was exhilarating. I could feel my heart rate skyrocketing and for the first time I felt a flicker in my life that I thought had been extinguished many years ago.
As you may have guessed due to my circumstances, I did the only thing there was left to do, I fired up the shock cannon and traveled back to the year 2012 to a time of a flourishing flash community. Upon visiting the site, I was overwhelmed with how many games they were. I didn’t know where to start so I just started playing everything. The games were so simple, yet not simple in the way games are today, but simple in a way that was just fun. After 36 straight hours of non-stop playing, I discovered the tab called “strategy.” It was at that instant I knew my fun had just gotten started. I went from civilization wars to the great war of prefectures to ant buster to grow valley and then all the way back around. But it was during this trip around my beloved strategy games that I happened upon a game called “elementsthegame.”
This was the first card game I had encountered among the Forgotten Flashes I had played so far but it was as if I had discovered a new meaning for the word card-game. I was asked to choose between 12 different elements to start with and of course I went with the all powerful aether, after all, without aether I wouldn’t even be here discovering these gems. The artwork was breathtaking, the card set limited in size but unlimited in potential, the design so carefully crafted. It was like a card-game fanatics heaven, everything was perfect (except like what the heck is otyugh, and don’t even get me started on elite otyugh)! I hadn’t planned on staying in 2012 for long with risk of a butterfly effect taking place even with the advanced technological safety measures in place. Yet, I spent the next 20 weeks creating new decks and completing my collection. I hadn’t even visited onemorelevel.com in the past 18 weeks. This game had become my life. I even followed the community forum, laughing at comments made in chat and going to bed every night wondering what would happen next during War #4 but I wasn’t able to ever participate due to my circumstances and restrictions regarding my visit. I simply watched under the watchful gaze of Guest-GoldenNymph-2rp67. It was one of the happiest moments of my life but like all great moments, they must eventually come to an end to make way for new ones.
So before I returned to my boring old life, I made one last deck as a memento for all the memories I had made over my short visit into the past. I started with the mark of time, a symbol to represent a game that should’ve lasted through the ages but was forgotten by society and may well only live on in my heart and the hearts of all those that this game has transformed. Next came the pillars of aether, the resource upon which my life has been founded on, and the foundation on which my gratitude lies for uniting me with this game. Psion, a telepathic psychic that can read into the minds of others, dissecting their thoughts and destroying them in combat. Of course, I am the greatest psion to ever live and any foe who is able to defeat me must be an imaginary illusion, which brings us to the next card. The fractal, to represent the mysterious nature of how time travel has come to work and also to represent the endless beauty of this game. After comes the spark, the little thing we all need to build that masterpiece of a deck. A deck that is our lives, filled with interconnecting parts, changing all the time, cluttered with momentous moments roaring like a dragon, tainted by our ghosts of the past, at times defined by its achievements, but always built upon the pillars of friendship. Finally, the reverse time. A card to remember this Forgotten Flash and to the wish that I could go back in time every day. A card to remember the hopes and dreams of my youth and the fun times that once were. Yet, it is ultimately a card that only delays the inevitable, and I can only hope that I have accomplished everything I want to before that inevitable occurs.
Alas, I leave this note and this deck code on this piece of paper, left to drift in the wind until it finds its fateful partner. I know this will fall into the right hands because I believe in fate (not as if I went back in time 47 times to make sure it did) and so I hope your journey through elements the game will be as great as mine. Take these memories I have made to heart and remember, Zanzarino ain’t coming back. I know because I’m from the future.
5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61p 61p 61p 61p 622 622 622 622 625 625 625 625 8ps

Spoiler for Main Content:
Introduction:
Hi, some of you (all of you) may know me as shockcannon. As you may have guessed, I was the lucky individual to have received this note from this beloved friend from the future. I was moved by the note and even more so by the deck code, but if we’re going to be honest, this deck sucks. Maybe it gets a 50% win rate against AI 3, but FGs are going to rip this thing to shreds. So while this deck may be my first encounter with my  :time element’s counter-type and an inspiration for my  :time :aether combos, the deck I will be showing off today is slightly more up to today’s standards. I based this deck off of the unique combo of using fractal in an aether rush deck coupled with rewinds to cripple the opponent and give you the edge you need. So without further ado,
7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 7q4 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 809 80d 80e 80g 80g 80g 80i 80i 80i 80l 80l 81q 81q 8ps

Deck Components:
The deck here is obviously skewed in favor of aether due to the deck this was inspired by, but the  :time adds a critical component to your average aether/fractal rush deck. Rewind enable the deck to get a massive rush advantage by slowing down the opponent’s card draw and acting as a creature control. This card can single handedly win games by entirely negating spell buff cards like blessing or chaos power, removing high quanta cost, high damage cards like dragons from the playing field, or slowing down the card draw for decks that rely upon multi-card combos.

Next up are the creatures. This deck features 3 phase recluses, 2 psions, and 1 ball lightning. Phase recluses are going to be the deck’s primary source of damage, and are useful if the opponent runs spell shields. On the other hand, psions get through all non-spell shields and have more bulk to survive t-storms or RoF. I am running fewer psions in this deck because phase recluses are faster for rushing and the goal is to win before you encounter major creature control. Lastly, ball lightning offers a way to add up to 45 extra burst damage to a turn, surprising the opponent in ways like this:

Spoiler for spark surprise:

I struggled greatly to find the right number of fractals to run in this deck, but I find 3 to be the silver lining. Enough to ensure you get 1 at a reasonable time most games but not too many that aren’t stuck with 3 fractals in your hand and no creatures or quanta. I originally had nothing else, but slowly decided to add in a copy of electrocutor and phase shield. Lobotomize has great synergy with reverse time and shuts down a lot of ability decks like chrysaora, butterfly cats, vampire, or growth decks. It can also remove momentum to allow phase shield to do its work, which can come in clutch against another rush deck.

Considerations:
I spent tens of games trying to refine the number of aether towers, fractals, and creatures. Depending on the situation, I don’t actually think this deck is fully optimized. However, it is adaptable to several situations and on average I think this deck competes strongly with other aether fractal decks. I am not sure I needed 6 reverse times, but it is the heart and soul of this deck and its inspiration. Finally, I made a second deck that replaces the reverse times with precognitions to create a “fast” version of the deck that focuses on the rushing and gets rid of any sort of control the deck attempts to have. I used this deck in my testing against FGs and platinum arena to compare to the original.

More considerations:
I based this deck around rewind and fractal and as a result several possible cards had to be cut out. Immortals and dragons do not mix well with fractal. As for time creatures, the only viable fractal target is really scarab. Scarab is more prone to be countered though and I personally don’t like having to run a lot of pendulums and trying to manage having enough time and aether quanta. Silence was an option for control, but rewind does almost the same thing but better. As I mentioned earlier, the specific numbers of each card in the deck were fine tuned to my own personal liking. If I ran into too many situations where I ran out of quanta I adjusted the pillar count or lowered the creature/fractal count until it was where I liked it. I could run more or even less phase shield, but I managed to find 1 slot for it in a deck that I want to keep at 30 cards for rushing. Finally, other spells cards to consider were precognition (which I did make a version of), quintessence, and lightning. Quintessence helps with phase recluse’s weakness but it’s a slow card that doesn’t get enough value in a rush deck. Lightning is a great card but it has anti-synergy with rewind, and takes up a valuable slot that would be more fit for something like electrocutor, especially if running a low count of lightning.

Results:
I used this deck to play 20 games in a row (regardless of what happened) against AI3, AI4, FG, and Platinum arena. For FG and Platinum arena I played 10 games each using this deck and the “fast” precognition version. For Platinum arena, I only counted games where the opponent had 100hp or more.

Spoiler for "fast" precog deck:
7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 809 80d 80e 80g 80g 80g 80i 80i 80i 80l 80l 81q 81q 8ps

AI3: 18-2
AI4: 14-6
FG normal deck: 3-7 (beat lionheart, chaos lord, and fire queen)
FG sped up: 3-7 (beat fire queen, hecate, and rainbow)
Plat normal deck: 7-3
Plat sped up: 5-5

A couple screenshots for your amusement:
Spoiler for AI4:
Spoiler for Lionheart:
Spoiler for ChaosLord:
Spoiler for FireQueen:
Spoiler for PlatArena:

Phase 2 Component:
Spoiler for Rewards:
I choose  :water :earth :air. My opponent can have  :fire.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 12th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66130.msg1277837#msg1277837
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:34:45 pm »
Obviously.

Spoiler for War Bonus=2:
1st time in War as General. 11th War General in Time.
11th place. Lost badly.

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus=2:
Trialled in Trials of Time 8, 9 and 11.

Spoiler for Brawl Bonus=0:
Lul, brawl. Didn't participate.

Spoiler for Phase 1:
I'm kidding.

This is the part where I do some silly entrance with some song and dance (not literally, but yeah), but I'm lazy, and I think I had my fun/didn't feel like doing it/don't really deserve it/think I can really put up a defense that isn't half-hearted. Or respectable.

Hence, abdicating. Good luck to you two!

TrOs, if it isn't clear, I'm NOT trialling.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:05:10 am by DoubleCapitals »
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

anything
blarg: kaempfer13,shockcannon,DoubleCapitals