*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254342#msg254342
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 05:48:44 pm »
What does Light symbolise for you?
To me, Light is the element of quality. You pay big, and you get big. (http://elementswiki.co.cc/articles/light-the-element-of-quality/)

What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
Preeetty much what I've already done, just that better. Do as good as possible in War, kick people who dislike Light in the rear,make the ultimate Light EM deck...

What types of cards does Light need in game to finish covering the Element Light?
Some Control. Light is the only element without any all-around CC. But IMO, more needed would be some weak PC (such as stunning, or something). This would give Light some more firepower, while fitting into the I-don't-care-what-you-do theme.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254346#msg254346
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 05:55:46 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

Something kind of pure. You help yourself and others, and others help you in return.

My vision? I kind of answered it in the second post without knowing, but here we go again - My vision is to expand :light and :light's synergies, powers, etc; and try to lead :light into a good ending in war. Also make :light more known to all players of elements.
What types of cards does Light need in game to finish covering the Element Light?
WHERE'S MAH CC! Light does needs some kind of CC. I don't think that PC is very needed - With blessings we can go past any shield you throw at us. Oh, It's Fire Shield? Angels are win.

• Legendary Member
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254350#msg254350
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 06:00:49 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

Something kind of pure. You help yourself and others, and others help you in return.

My vision? I kind of answered it in the second post without knowing, but here we go again - My vision is to expand :light and :light's synergies, powers, etc; and try to lead :light into a good ending in war. Also make :light more known to all players of elements.
WHERE'S MAH CC! Light does needs some kind of CC. I don't think that PC is very needed - With blessings we can go past any shield you throw at us. Oh, It's Fire Shield? Angels are win.
Phase Shield, Gravity Shield and to an extent Bonewall are great vs Light. PC would help against the better 2 (better vs Light, of course)
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254356#msg254356
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 06:03:41 pm »
Dim. Shield is a great shield against all elements as it blocks everything. Gravity isn't exactly a popular choice since gravity itself is not a popular element. While I do agree some PC would help Light, some CC would be better. And we're aiming mono-light here. Don't forget we can rage our angels and Dragons to bypass those shields.

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254357#msg254357
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »
Many people see Light as "The Element that is only Good for ROL/Hope." How could you prove them wrong?

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254364#msg254364
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 06:09:15 pm »
Dim. Shield is a great shield against all elements as it blocks everything. Gravity isn't exactly a popular choice since gravity itself is not a popular element. While I do agree some PC would help Light, some CC would be better. And we're aiming mono-light here. Don't forget we can rage our angels and Dragons to bypass those shields.
Ugh...
Also, Light needs no CC. It can rush and heal more than any other element.

Many people see Light as "The Element that is only Good for ROL/Hope." How could you prove them wrong?
*points towards Wars and Masters' Tourneys* What people are you talking about?
Personal text by Cheesy

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254366#msg254366
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 06:11:19 pm »
Would you ever use Holy Light (Against :darkness/ :death is excluded.)?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254370#msg254370
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 06:14:04 pm »
We kick a lot of rushes to the face with the classic Bless Pegasus Rush (3x Drags, 6x Pegasus, 6x Bless, 15x Light Pillar, mark of air). We can also stall with Miracle. And let's not forget Light is a very versatile element - It can make Duo's with all elements. Master's Tournament is also a great example..

Oh damn, Xdude ninja'd me. Let me quote him too.

Ugh...
Also, Light needs no CC. It can rush and heal more than any other element.

I tend to disagree, sir! Rush more then any other element? Heal more? I'd say we're a balance, I think that life can heal faster, but Light can heal more. On the other hand, light CAN rush, but it's not exactly the fastest. And let's count that Miracle costs 12-15 to use, which is a lot, and most fast fast rushes (Rainbow, etc.) will have already kicked you by there unless you got some Ah-mah-zzing quanta production.

And why the red and yellow?

And Ninja'd again! Thanks, Raving. Another quote.

Yes. Holy Light is very useful to heal yourself quick if you know you're against a stall. A duo with darkness itself and voodoo's with Holy Light would be quite incredible.

Ryan666

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254374#msg254374
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »
I will ask something here, first.

General Question: Light is made of photons. Upgrading Photons, means upgrading Light?

Xdude: You're the most feared master around. Which challenger would be harder to face, for you?
Ryan: You won the battle phase. You think you can repeat yourself against xdude?
Dm: Do you still hope to be in the final battle?
Well, raving I think that I could use the same deck against xdude yes but I know that it will take a lot more thought process when it comes to xdude if I make it to the final battle. I hope that i earn your vote.

Over-all?
It needs more control, more CC, more PC, not so much quantum control.
It maybe needs cards that can "blind" the opponent. So they can't play permanents for like three turns.
The only CC it can target is darkness ards so it needs so work there.

I haven't been here nearly as long as many of you have, and as such I am still very much getting to know many of you. 

xdude:  You have been the master of light for a very long time now, why do you feel that your reign should continue?  In other words, what do you feel that you can possibly contribute that you haven't already?

Challengers:  I certainly understand the thirst for power, but xdude has been a phenomenal master.  He knows :light inside and out, what it can do and what it cannot.  What can you do that he cannot/has not?

To all:  I look for maturity in whichever candidate that I want as master, something I have felt has been sorely lacking by some of those in the trials. This is more of a general statement than a question, just something I thought you all should know.

Yup, I'm rambling now, so I'm gonna stop here.  The very best of luck to all of you.  I have a feeling you're gonna need it if you're gonna bring down xdude.  ;D
I think that personally I have a fresher look on things. I mean yeah xdude has been here for a while but he's grown with the cards, has a biased opinion on the cards, I could offer a fresher vantage point. I can bring light to be the most well liked element and I can bring light to first place in war #3.

Light symbolizes, power, integrity, patience. All things you need when playing light cards.
Personally, light means freedom, a fresh start, a new day.

As Light Master I would see myself taking Light to it's maximum potential, taking it to war #3. Making Light the most broad range element. I hope to show everyone how great of a master I can be by sticking to it and doing the hardwork it requires.

Well obviously when you look at war and see all the different styles of decks we used, also how grand xdude did in his masters battles, kinda shows it there.

Ehhh personally I just don't think that Holy Light is a strong enough card to put it into my deck, only place i can see me using it is to possibly get an EM after using a miracle. So I guess I could say yes, in the future.

Ryan666

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254378#msg254378
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 06:19:40 pm »
What will your vote do for me?

It will show me that I have believers, people that support me in the upcoming final battle. It will also let me have an arsenal of choices when it comes to the final battle, and every percentage of vote i get, I will work my ass off to make sure I can use my maximum amount of upped cards

Why do I deserve your vote?

Because I can take :light to a whole new level. I had like a 5/1 record in War #2 when I played on Team  :light and also in phase 2 I won 9-0, that has to show I have some sort of skill in pvp/deck building. I am a hard worker and I stick with things so you don't have to worry about me dropping out as light master or disappearing. I'll always be here. :P

Global Moderator Comment Stupid Colour Usage removed

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254386#msg254386
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 06:24:13 pm »
Actually, I'm trying this deck for EM's, is average so far, but it's more fun to me than any deck on the Forums... for certain reasons :P
Code: [Select]
6rr 6rr 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7js 7js 7js 7js 7js 7js 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv
DM: the colored part is where it stopped making sense.

Because I can take :light to a whole new level. I had like a 5/1 record in War #2 when I played on Team  :light and also in phase 2 I won 9-0, that has to show I have some sort of skill in pvp/deck building.
Not meaning to offend you or something, but I find that highly offending to Team Light. You built 0 decks for us. The wins you got were with preset decks and sometimes even me whispering you what to do (though I'm sure you don't really need that so much anymore). And the PvP phase...  :-X
Personal text by Cheesy

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254394#msg254394
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 06:34:37 pm »
I think it made perfect sense. Gravity Shield stops light. Mono-light. If duo, we can rage Dragons and Angels to bypass Grav. Shield.

anything
blarg: