*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254177#msg254177
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:21:28 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254202#msg254202
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:38:01 pm »
Voted! (Not on me)

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254212#msg254212
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:48:23 pm »
I will ask something here, first.

General Question: Light is made of photons. Upgrading Photons, means upgrading Light?

Xdude: You're the most feared master around. Which challenger would be harder to face, for you?
Ryan: You won the battle phase. You think you can repeat yourself against xdude?
Dm: Do you still hope to be in the final battle?
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254216#msg254216
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »
Okay, my first post was a fail. Honestly, I know everybody waits some kind of awesome, long and huge discurse to say why I love light, and about how I'm active and stuff. I'll have none of that unless requested, 'cause not only I fail at writing those, they're mostly the same thing in essence, even if a few are different from the others.(No pun intended.)

General Question : Wha? I didn't understand. Can you please shine some Light (Pun intended) into that question?

Dm: Do you still hope to be in the final battle?
Honestly? No. I'm between "No" and "Maybe". The difference created between My and Ryan's points are too big to cover. I need at least 40% of all votes (Or something like that) to enter final battle. Ryan was a good PVP'er and even though he beat everybody with 1 deck, he still beat them all. Xdude is already popular and will probably get most of the votes. So honestly, it depends if people vote on me or in ryan. Or in Xdude. Or in other people.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254237#msg254237
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 04:08:02 pm »
I haven't been here nearly as long as many of you have, and as such I am still very much getting to know many of you. 

xdude:  You have been the master of light for a very long time now, why do you feel that your reign should continue?  In other words, what do you feel that you can possibly contribute that you haven't already?

Challengers:  I certainly understand the thirst for power, but xdude has been a phenomenal master.  He knows :light inside and out, what it can do and what it cannot.  What can you do that he cannot/has not?

To all:  I look for maturity in whichever candidate that I want as master, something I have felt has been sorely lacking by some of those in the trials. This is more of a general statement than a question, just something I thought you all should know.

Yup, I'm rambling now, so I'm gonna stop here.  The very best of luck to all of you.  I have a feeling you're gonna need it if you're gonna bring down xdude.  ;D
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254247#msg254247
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 04:18:34 pm »
Thirst for Power? Nay, it's thirst to help Light in War and to help Light become much moar loved by the citizens.

And once again, honestly, I think that xdude IS a great master. Taking him down would require not only insane (Probably 1337 or over 9000 or even both combined) skills, but also a lil bit of lucky RNG by your side. While Xdude knows :light inside out, I doubt that all counters, counter counters, powers and synergies with :light have been discovered. Being the crazy deck-builder I am (And by crazy I don't mean good, I just mean that I try to focus and to make it work, with a synergy or not), I feel that I could make up some good new decks for :light. I might be wrong. Who knows.

I rambled on too much. What can I do that he has not? I don't know. He tried all he could to help :light in war and he probably made a lot of decks with :light. I'd also try to help :light the best I can and try to explore all that :light has to offer with itself and with other elements. If I succeed or not, only time will tell.

Long thing short : Xdude is one awesome master. He did a lot of things with and for :light. All I could do is try to explore other parts of :light and hope to be as good as him.

• Legendary Member
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254250#msg254250
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 04:23:04 pm »
*ehem* Allow me...

Why to vote for me:
  • I have been here ever since the Forums were created. I can be trusted to stay here for good - I'm not going anywhere soon. I'm also a part of the Council and the Trial Overseer (who can't make a poll :-X )
  • I've been Light's only Master. I've been a Master ever since I had 50 posts. Back then, I didn't like Light much, but nobody else applied. I then proceeded to get the job and the 3rd place in the Masters' Tourney.
  • I don't like to brag, but... I think nobody here with common sense believes Light is weak anymore, and I might've played a part in it. Along the time, I've gotten 2nd and 3rd in Masters' tourney, and got Light on 4th in War (we were on 2nd, but... see Death - War 3 Drama)
  • I've been challenged before. And I always was up to the challenge. First Trials, I won 5-1, with my only lost game being due to wanting to rush. 2nd Trials, I won 5-3, even though my opponent had more than double my upped cards. So, let's face it, I'm not losing my title anytime soon. Vote for me and I get more upps, and thus more awesome, innovative deck choices (for you to copy)
  • [00:18:17] Fenix2011: master of light owns time

[00:24:25] ddevans96z: xdude has 1337 skills.

[22:30:41] Wardead: Xdude = unfair
    [22:31:08] Wardead: If all 11 other masters played xdude in one game with all their decks combined, it would still be unfair
    [22:31:31] Wardead: Xdude = that awesome

[20:19:28] Ryan666 [»] xdude: i wish i could give you a hug.. that was so nice.

[20:40:10] Kuroaitou: I imagine xdude is fun working with

[20:41:53] Wizardcat: xdude's easy to get along with, so there's a good feeling of team on our side.

you belong to a very special group of highly talented and awesome people
    [21:23:46] Scaredgirl: you don't get challengers xdude because you cannot be beat

[18:59:07] Dragoon1140: Yea right, xdude has some mad respect from me.

[13:37:46] 918273645: How nice, xdude.

[23:10:57] Ryan666 [»] xdude: Your so nice btw.

[13:40:39] 918273645: You are thi kindest person I know by far.

[21:27:30] nilsieboy: my favorite masters are xdude, blonde and essence
    [21:27:54] nilsieboy: xdude and essence are awesome

[23:20:04] Ryan666 [»] xdude: thank you so much,
    [23:20:15] Ryan666 [»] xdude: your name should be xawesome

So, now for RR's devious awesome questions.

General Question: Light is made of photons. Upgrading Photons, means upgrading Light?
Hmm, Physics question? Nope. Elements question. Elements answer.
Upgrading Photons to Rays of Lights is one of the most important upgrades in mono Light. Rol/Hope, major EQ-deck beaters and others can be easily built with these. Upgrading Photons is a great step forward, if you're planning to go Light. So do it. It really is upgrading Light.

Xdude: You're the most feared master around. Which challenger would be harder to face, for you?
Well, johann seemed like the most inventive deckbuilder. But honestly, it's gonna be harder for me to face Ryan. I know basically nothing about him. BTW, harder =! hard  8)

Aaand a ninja-answer for the ninja-post!

xdude:  You have been the master of light for a very long time now, why do you feel that your reign should continue?  In other words, what do you feel that you can possibly contribute that you haven't already?
I've made mistakes, mainly in the War. I have a different strategy for next War, which will hopefully bring Light the trophy. Also, my reign should continue because, quite frankly, I don't think my challengers could do what I can/could. They have great potential, but seem a little... fresh, if you ask me. Of course, this is all to be seen in the final battle.

While Xdude knows :light inside out, I doubt that all counters, counter counters, powers and synergies with :light have been discovered.
Believe me, I DO know Light inside out. I have analyzed each and every card, trying to make it work with Light. Little can surprise me now.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254251#msg254251
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 04:24:33 pm »
That's why I said "I doubt". I might be wrong. I do know that you literally know :light inside out.

MrBlonde

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254312#msg254312
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 05:27:53 pm »
*ehem*
You had me at "ehem". Until someone stomps Xdude to the ground and rips his Master title away i feel that there really is no better Master of their particular element around. As Masters go i don't think anyone is as dedicated and consistent.

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254319#msg254319
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 05:32:44 pm »
*ehem*
You had me at "ehem". Until someone stomps Xdude to the ground and rips his Master title away i feel that there really is no better Master of their particular element around. As Masters go i don't think anyone is as dedicated and consistent.
That... means very much to me from somebody like you.
Personal text by Cheesy

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254329#msg254329
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 05:40:32 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Light symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20050.msg254330#msg254330
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 05:40:46 pm »
What types of cards does Light need in game to finish covering the Element Light?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: