*Author

Scaredgirl

Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg134389#msg134389
« on: August 09, 2010, 03:04:51 pm »
Phase 2 - Community Vote
Phase 2 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

implosion

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg134471#msg134471
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »
Hey. You should all vote for me because I said so because I would make a good master of :light. In reality, how I became interested in :light was that: I was kind of a noob to the forums, starting to become active in chat. I decided that I wanted to be in the war, and I really didn't care for what team. Then I saw xdude, and recognized his name from the list of masters. I decided to ask to join team :light, and I did. And although we didn't win, we did shatter most people's expectations.

Anyway, reasons to vote for me. I'm active in chat and on forums (even though everyone in this trial is) and my deckbuilding skills are pretty good. You should all read my wiki article (not just because it's a good article, but because people should actually learn from it), which serves as a good example of how addicted to this game I am. As for PvP skills, the main example I can cite is my victory in the most recent beginners league. Sure, much of that was simply activity - but I also had one of the highest win percentages of anyone with more than a couple wins. Oh, and my main reward for winning that was a

:lightmark

:P

[insert other generic reasons]

Will edit later if I think of more.

Malduk

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg134693#msg134693
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:40:02 pm »
Xdude is a guy that plays his element with pride, not to mention he was one of the most active masters during the war. I dont know anyone, noob or veteran, that I'd like to see as master of Light instead of Xdude.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg134739#msg134739
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:43 pm »
I wished I posted these questions up earlier. >.<

Q: Light was one of the 'least' liked elements according to a few polls. What do you think (as a possible Master) would need to be done in order to popularize it again? Or do you feel it's doing okay as is?

NOTE: This was xdude's response, as he said he was going on a vacation during the polling process, and I recorded his answer beforehand. If neither of the other Light contestants respond to the question, I'll probably be voting for xdude based on his answer. :)

Xdude:

First of all, Light has received the least votes mainly because new players don't like Light (the veterans I’ve talked to seem to know it’s awesome :D), & because they’re advised to use something else. Although most people suggest new players to start with Shrieker Rush or Life Rush, a study made by jdmt (http://elementswiki.co.cc/articles/turns-to-win-study-compilation-by-jdmt/) proves that a very simple Light deck wins faster and more consistent than both those decks.

As well as the recent results of Light in PvP-based competitions compared to how it was predicted to do, all these point towards one fact: Light is terribly underrated.

However, lately Light has risen in popularity and, I think, it’ll keep on rising if we can keep on getting great results in the Masters’ tourney and in the War. So, I suppose that’s what needs to be done. Keep pwning folks with it.

implosion

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg134790#msg134790
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 12:47:52 am »
Q: Light was one of the 'least' liked elements according to a few polls. What do you think (as a possible Master) would need to be done in order to popularize it again? Or do you feel it's doing okay as is?

Is it a popularity question? I didn't know that. As far as I know, :light is awesome. If you don't think so, oh well, your loss. As for how most people see it, I agree with xdude. If I recall around 3/4 or so of people put light in their bottom 6 for war betting, and we made the top 6. It really is underrated, and underused.

Even though it is somewhat underused, this isn't to say it isn't used at all. There's rol/hope, one of the most popular fg decks, which is dependent on :light. And that's just the most common :light-based deck. There are others, though I won't list them since it isn't really relevant to the question. If you want more examples of good :light decks, just look at the :light forums from war #1.

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg135121#msg135121
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:07:35 pm »
Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Light sucks, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Xdude, We all know you're awesome but you still have less points in this trial, and most people think implosion will beat you. How do you react to this?

Q: @Implosion, You are one of the favorites for this trial, and you might be the new master, but Xdude's PvP skill is just. So if you face him in the final battle, how do you plan to beat him?

Q: @Hobnob, You have been inactive and have the least points in this trial, do you expect to beat the challengers in PvP?

implosion

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg135244#msg135244
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:04:51 pm »
If a noob comes and tells you Light sucks, blah blah....How will you respond?

Such has happened. There are several responses, depending on my mood. When the example person I have in mind acted out like this, I feigned utter hatred towards them. They reciprocated, and it became something of a game. Now, this person doesn't hate :light anymore. So it worked :). However, if I had as much free time as I would need (or I was in a less joking mood), it would probably work better to just PvP them with either a rol/hope deck or a mono - :light deck, or some other :light deck.

Implosion, You are one of the favorites for this trial, and you might be the new master, but Xdude's PvP skill is just. So if you face him in the final battle, how do you plan to beat him?

With my own PvP and deckbuilding skills. And a possible upped card advantage, but we won't know that until after phases 2-3. The real fact is, the finale could go either way. We are both very good PvPers and deckbuilders. So it could come to the metagame, in which case... who knows?

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg138355#msg138355
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 08:52:27 am »
Has anyone seen Hobnob5000 around lately? I wonder if he's still interested in the title...

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg138771#msg138771
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 09:20:53 pm »
He's on vacation.

Hobnob5000

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg138802#msg138802
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 10:05:28 pm »
He's on vacation.
  NOT ANY MORE!!!

It may be somewhat late, but I'll explain my reasoning.

I love :light . You may have deduced this from my commitment, being in the first :light trials, and joining the :light side of war. I believe that light will flourish under my leadership, providing I don't have another holiday soon. I like to think of myself as a fairly good player, and a significant member of the community. That is why you should vote me :)  I'm sure there's 1000 more reasons :P

@Wardead: If a noob told me light was rubbish, I'd ask him how so? I would then explain to him that though Light mono may not be the strongest mono, it can synergise with almost every element, and that it also plays a significant role in many FG decks. In short, I would make him see the light
I've been inactive as I've been on holiday. As for winning on PVP, I hope that I can do well in the voting, and then make a decent go at the PVP for the title shot. TBH though, seeing the competition I'm facing, I've got a hard struggle.

@Kuro: Throughout the War, you will notice that :light did rather well. A large number of people put us in the bottom three in their ranking. We showed them that when used correctly, :light is one of the most powerful elements. Hopefully they will now have realised that, and conceded that :light is actually pretty darn good. However, I still meet newbs who say "omg, lite sux." That is always going to happen. I think the significant majority of the active community now see :light as a major contender for competitions. We'll let War II show them...

Azumi

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg138968#msg138968
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 03:01:26 am »
Right now my vote is going to xdude....but that is subject to change is you can answer my question. Its very simple.

Holy Light or Heal (Archangel ability, Holy Light to be used on creature)

Hobnob5000

Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10935.msg139072#msg139072
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 10:16:21 am »
Bah, that's situational, it's hard to say which is better. On one hand, Holy light heals for 10, and will damage a death/Darkness creature, and is free when upgraded, but you can only have 6 in a deck. On the other hand, you can have infinite heals from Archangels, but it can't damage at all, and always costs. I would usually use Heal to be used on a creature, unless I play against a death/darkness deck. However, sometimes I would take some Holy Lights, usually to give myself a mastery after a miracle.
In all, I'd say the Angel is much more versatile, but the Light can be useful in a pinch

blarg: