Poll

Who is the most worthy to be the next Master of Light?

CrockettRocket
1 (2.6%)
Zso_Zso
34 (89.5%)
None Worthy
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: June 14, 2015, 12:32:50 pm

*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1192375#msg1192375
« on: June 09, 2015, 12:30:35 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you do not have any preference for who should be Master, or cannot decide between the candidates, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1192429#msg1192429
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »

Question for both: aside holy light that is CC card only vs  :darkness/ :death, what kind of CC card you would add to :light, having the opportunity of doing it? And why?
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1192432#msg1192432
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:26 pm »
Phase-1 submission

Spoiler for SpikeSpiegel:

Question for both: aside holy light that is CC card only vs  :darkness/ :death, what kind of CC card you would add to :light, having the opportunity of doing it? And why?
Answer
I would add a card called "Echelon Mirror", which would be a permanent with the ability to concentrate all light emitted from any creatures to a selected opponent creature (once per turn) which would do as much damage as the total number of light emitting creatures on the field of the owner. It's play cost would be 5 :light quanta, and ability cost 2|1  :light (unupped 2, upped 1).

Spoiler for CCCombobreaker:
Does the vault feel emptier with no blessings or no holy lights?
Answer:
Definitely! Blessing are very useful for a number of decks, combine them with dune-scorps, chargers, psions or even just for protecting some key creatures such as entropy nymph. Holy lights are situational, but when you know you are facing death or darkness opponents, then they become the best possible CC card in the entire elements universe, so they always have space in a War vault.

From the global question thread:

Spoiler for willng3:
What element do you hate the most and why?
Answer:
Hate ? There is no hate. What I fear the most is aether as an opponent (fractal+dims+psions), but I do not hate it, in fact I love to use it in a duo with  :light.

Spoiler for Higurashi:
What does your element represent and mean to you outside of the gameplay? What has it done for you, and what would you do for it as a Master?
Answer:
 :light is the source of all power needed for our lives, almost all energy sources used by mankind originate from sun-light: wind, hydro, tidal, all fossil fuels are just stored energy from photosynthesis millions of years ago, the only exceptions are nuclear and geothermal.
I am a strong advocate of solar-power. :light Light powers my house and even my car and my daughter's car as you can see in the photo in the following post (and the other photo of the second electric car in the family):
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,48871.msg1064993.html#msg1064993
https://goo.gl/photos/3Rz6B9MzTQUwcHyf9
So  :light does a lot for me, as for what I can do for it ? I'll work hard to prove its strength in the next war.

Spoiler for dragonsdemesne:
If your element has never won a war, why do you think that is?  (underpowered elements, bad generals/team, bad rng, etc)
Answer:
 :light is lacking control:  PC and universally applicable CC; difficult to rush with it in mostly unupped meta its one main strength is stalling power. In the war meta this is a problem, because stall decks need more cards than other deck types, so a shrinking vault hurts stall decks the most, not to mention predictability, i.e. easy to mind-gate.

Spoiler for brawl:
brawl, where do you stand on it and do you think you will be able to be a brawl boss?
Good question, might I add: Do you think masters should represent their elements in Brawl?
Answer:
Let me answer the above two related questions together: I have participated in one brawl (#2) where I put a lot of effort into it but came away with a rather negative experience, therefore I have stayed away from the event ever since. It is simply not my kind of event, I prefer PvP events.  Since brawl has only 5 or 6 teams, not all masters can represent their elements anyway, and I do not think it is necessary to tie that event to elements and their masters.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:51:24 pm by Zso_Zso »
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1192606#msg1192606
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 02:22:52 pm »
To CrockettRocket:

Many of your Phase 2 decks were illegal.  Do you feel this should or shouldn't weigh on your future performance as a Master, and why or why not?
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1192826#msg1192826
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 06:21:58 pm »
Does the vault feel emptier with no blessings or no holy lights?
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline Zso_Zso

• Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1192861#msg1192861
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 11:53:23 pm »
Answered all questions so far. However, I am soon leaving for a 2 week road-trip, so my network access will be sporadic, therefore count on slower response time from me. I will try to login at least once a day, though.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1193068#msg1193068
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 06:40:28 pm »
dat poll
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Zso_Zso

Re: 9th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58615.msg1193203#msg1193203
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 03:09:57 am »
Thanks to everyone for the vote of confidence!

blarg: