*Author

MrBlonde

Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg460326#msg460326
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 07:05:31 pm »
you know i view you with great respect but you bailed on me on two events simultaneously. I understand RL but you (among others) certainly could have changed the outcomes of both of those events. Why should i vote for you.. again?
You shouldn't. If you feel I don't have the time to lead time Light vote for somebody else. However I can assure you I will never again take a commitment to an event which I cannnot respect.
It's hard NOT to vote for you since i know the passion you have for Light and if any player embodies an Element it would be you.  You have always been my toughest challenge and my thorn in my side (when it comes to PvP) and the only thing that would have made last Wars win any better would have been the chance to beat you in the Finals. I asked that question not because of any ill will (like i said i understand RL happens) but just wanted to see how you would respond. Short, sweet, no excuses... pretty much what i expected.  ;) Anyhow i'm quite glad you are running again for :light.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg460574#msg460574
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 11:30:00 am »
There have been a lot of changes in Light and War since you were last Master, how do these changes impact Light as a whole, and especially in War?
The Sanctuary is definitely a great Light card especially in War format where unupped rushes (Grabbows) cannot be used to their full strength and thus Stall decks gain some mroe viability. So I think Light has gotten better as an element and this can only impact it for the better.

The main War change is that it ends aftern 10 rounds so I will focus on that. In my opinion, it is not the most Light-favored change simply because in general Light is not a very adaptive element as compared to others (you can slap some defense on a Fire deck and the CC will make it a pretty good semi-stall in teh condition of weeak Vaults, you can add some cheap damage and it will be pretty fast), meaning it will be easier to read what deck will be used. However, I do not consider that to be a HUGE thing, especially that Light got stronger as a whole.

I asked that question not because of any ill will
I know, I wasn't upset or something (as you might know it is hard to read the accent over the internet especially considering English is not my native language).
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg461097#msg461097
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:56:43 pm »
Meh.

I won't mind if you vote for someone else.
Somehow still around, somewhat

MrBlonde

Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg461255#msg461255
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 10:54:06 am »
One more question for xdude.

Do you think you would have left Elements if you had not lost your mastership to Ryan? Did you lose some of your passion not being Master?

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg461265#msg461265
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 11:54:32 am »
Do you think you would have left Elements if you had not lost your mastership to Ryan? Did you lose some of your passion not being Master?
I think I would've stayed more or at the very least came in once or twice each deckbuilding round and played my War matches (I didn't have too much time). So, in short, yes. There is something special about being a Master, not sure if I can describe it properly though. The extra responsability mixed with the extra power mixed with being one of the only players still there at the end and other factors simply make War a much more exciting experience for somebody like me. I would've probabky also stood to play Trials after that, though i can't promise anything.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg461980#msg461980
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 02:13:22 am »
While Archangel is a powerful card, Guardian Angel is perceived as weak* and is seldom used.  If given the power to, how would you change Guardian Angel, keeping in mind balance and thematic requirements?

*If you disagree, please post a deck where Guardian Angel plays an important role instead of answering the above question.

Offline DevilLoss

• Reputation Power: 9
  • DevilLoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just a wandering ghost with no home.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg462118#msg462118
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 05:53:35 am »
@cheesy111
I think that Ga could play in an important role in some decks overall it needs a buff. if anything i would just increase its attack to 3 and maybe raise the cost by one and it would be a great mid attack creature in light and its ability heal would still help in a rage pot, acceleration deck of some kind. As well as any deck that may need that like a gravity pull armigos stall.

@bogtro
Well to tell you the truth english isnt a second language or anything I just simpley suck at grammer/punctuation. It's something I have never quite grasped I know this can be a huge issue to some people and well It's frustrating to me to. When I clearly mess up on things like putting a period or not captalizing my I's or forgetting to put a comma somewhere. As to your question if it feels like my answers are rushed its probably because its part of my personailty I'm someone that likes to get stuff done fast and then if I need to all go back and change it. I probably have gone back and modified some of my questions on this post for grammar, spelling, punctuation. At least 3-5 times and If i still see an error all probably go back and fix it. does this mean I wont have time for war no I will have tons of time for war at the moment the only thing thats a time comitment for me is school which is monday-thursday and I go for about 3 hours a day, so if you feel that becuase I choose to answer my questions when I first see them. That you see that as me rushing it then I'm sorry but I've been in war before and from my expiernce its better to get the stuff done quickly and then modify the decks/vault. Throughtout the time allowed then waiting untill the last minute to get everything done.
The Devil what more is there to say.

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg462125#msg462125
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 06:44:46 am »
Disclaimer: This is not meant to be rude, although it may come off that way as I need to go soon.

@DevilLoss: Being a master is largely about War. War is a large commitment that requires a large amount to time to join, let alone lead. Many of your responses to questions seem to be rushed and contain grossly incorrect grammar. Is this because of unfamiliarity with English (which is fine), or are you simply trying to answer the questions as quickly as possible? If it's the first case, no explanation required. If the second, how can someone expect you to effectively lead a team if you cannot find the time to answer a question?
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline einherjar145

• Reputation Power: 4
  • einherjar145 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hehehehehe
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg462169#msg462169
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 12:39:12 pm »
@Xdude and Root: Some ppl seem to think luciferin(the card not skill) is not really useful and that Holy Light is better. Give me 3 reasons or a deck showing me how luciferin is better than holy light

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg462261#msg462261
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 05:14:05 pm »
how would you change Guardian Angel, keeping in mind balance and thematic requirements?
1|6->4|6.
4 cost

Some ppl seem to think luciferin(the card not skill) is not really useful and that Holy Light is better. Give me 3 reasons or a deck showing me how luciferin is better than holy light
Neither of those cards are cards that can be used competitively (really, where did you come up with that "people like HL" idea? :X ). Anyways:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jq 7jq 7jq 7jq 7jq 7jq 7k1 7k1 7k3 7k3 7k3 7k4 7k4 7k4 7kc 7la 7la 7la 7la 8pq

Actually works pretty decently, but I never quite managed to get it to be a real AI4 killer. Anyways you can see why Luciferin is better. That doesn't mean good though.
Personal text by Cheesy

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg463059#msg463059
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 08:50:21 am »
Nifty. Gl hf Root in the final battle.
Personal text by Cheesy

Offline einherjar145

• Reputation Power: 4
  • einherjar145 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hehehehehe
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg464212#msg464212
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 03:43:07 am »
@xdude, Dont remember. other than it's 1 quanta less than Luci.

blarg: xdude