*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459727#msg459727
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

For reference, here are the 5th Trials Standings (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35936.0.html) and Phase 1 Submission (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35922.0.html) threads.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459770#msg459770
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:49:02 pm »
Just a small question...

I know Team Light was -- <---THAT close to being the winners of War #4, so I salute you all (Master and challenger alike) to those who plan on taking up the title again. majofa, you are truly incredible. :)

Q: "Despite Light just missing the finish line, do you feel that as a Master that you'll be able to get within the Top 3 in War again? What do you think was the one thing that made Team Light so impressive this past war, and what would you change or keep the same in order to maintain that powerful lead? Or do you think that the structure of War/events of what happened were what gave Team Light a better advantage than the others?"

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459816#msg459816
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »
Just a small question...

I know Team Light was -- <---THAT close to being the winners of War #4, so I salute you all (Master and challenger alike) to those who plan on taking up the title again. majofa, you are truly incredible. :)

Q: "Despite Light just missing the finish line, do you feel that as a Master that you'll be able to get within the Top 3 in War again? What do you think was the one thing that made Team Light so impressive this past war, and what would you change or keep the same in order to maintain that powerful lead? Or do you think that the structure of War/events of what happened were what gave Team Light a better advantage than the others?"
Historically, Light was always a force to be reckoned in War, until a certain round where it lost a lot (the general also happened not to be able to help in those rounds). War 1 - Light was 2nd with a 10-2 score, behind the 12-0 Earth, but head and shoulders over everybody else. War 2, Light was 3rd with Entropy in first at a huge lead and Fire in 2nd though with a kind of trashed Vault. Wrongly picked decks however meant elimination for Light.

In the last War, majofa has managed to always be there for his team and thus Light barely lost to Death. Or at least this is how I see it. So, if I were to win these Trials and lead Light in War, I'd schedule things in my RL so I can always be there to help in deckbuilding.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459828#msg459828
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:10:03 pm »
Q:"Most people prefer Archangel instead of Dragon, it's faster, haves a good ability, can you show me a deck where Dragon is clearly better than Archangel?
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459931#msg459931
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 10:55:14 pm »
xdude and DL: What would you add to darkness (a card/cards. No image necessary but a general idea in the least) to counteract the distinct card advantages that light has over darkness?

Root: I know you hate card ideas. You also have your own ideas on what would benefit the metagame/game in general. Find a minimum of 6 cards in the Card Ideas and Art (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html) board that either are of the light element or synergize with light that would be beneficial to light in the metagame setting. If you can't find 6, please describe what type of cards that would benefit light as an element in the metagame that would not be OP to your own standards in a minimum of 175 words.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline DevilLoss

• Reputation Power: 9
  • DevilLoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just a wandering ghost with no home.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459949#msg459949
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:39 pm »
Just a small question...

@Kuroaitou
From what i can tell light has always had a great team behind the element escpcially last war were almost all members were particpating and they knew what to do. I think part of Lights success throughout war has been having a great and active team and having players that now how to play the deck and help with strategy. If I were to become master of Light I would make sure I strive to acheive the same if not better results as previous master's and there teams. As a personal experience in war 3 with team time where it eventaully only became a 3 man team having been abondoned by teamates and a master that had RL issues. we still pulled through jen-i, snoweb, and I. Did what i thought was a great job for what we had avilable to us at the time. so what I will be looking for in a team will be active and professional players but I will not make it cost us too much for war is all about balance, organization and skill. So as a hopeful person to become the next master I will try and achieve the best results with the best team for the job and bring home the victory to a element that has been in the shadows untill just recently.

@calindu221
here's a deck that I actaully used in trials that uses the awsomness of lights dragon and the denial of earth to stop opponents in there tracks. (it worked with decent success)
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5la 5la 5la 5la 5ld 5ld 5lh 5lh 5li 5li 77j 77j 77j 77j 77j 77j 8pm

xdude and DL: What would you add to darkness (a card/cards. No image necessary but a general idea in the least) to counteract the distinct card advantages that light has over darkness?
@Onizuka
well first i think the biggest advantage that light has over darkness is in the form of healing/health recovery. if you look for example at cards that completly shut down alot of darkness decks. Mostly sanctuary and miracle and holy light/luciferin. and the undestroyable cards light has hope shield, refelective shield, and morning star. these cards all completly counter or shutdown the following cards agiasnt darkness steal,devourer,nightmare,drianlife. then what I think darkness needs to counter light is one the darkness shard does an ok job by loweing the max amount of life, but I think that there should be more creatures or spells in the darkness aresenal that weaken the advesary I feel a strong card for darkness would be something that destroys the opponents deck itself it would be like in magic the gathering Milling you take the top x amount of cards from the top of your deck and they are destroyed or put into the graveyard. how would this work in elements well it could be like a nightmare effect where instead of filling the hand. How many cards the oppnent has in there hand is then removed from the top of there deck this effect would not be stopped by sanctuary, and it would help darkness with decking out and weakening lights own potential to deckout. This would be strong because it would be a great early game and late game denial for certian types of decks agiasnt light. mostly deckout decks but also those that require lots of light qaunta early because there relying on the more exspensive light creatures. by taking away an opponents card's you take away card advantage you would be effectively destroying enemy's perm's creatures and qaunta production all with one card.
The Devil what more is there to say.

MrBlonde

Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459969#msg459969
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 11:49:37 pm »
I haven't had questions for individuals in any of the trials yet... guess i have to in this one.

xdude - you know i view you with great respect but you bailed on me on two events simultaneously. I understand RL but you (among others) certainly could have changed the outcomes of both of those events. Why should i vote for you.. again?

Root - Hey comrade of death! You missed a few matches and since i wasn't around a whole lot either i wasn't really sure why. So why? And what would make you better then xdude who i feel has been and would be a great Master of Light again?

Devilloss - Same question i asked root. What would make you better then xdude who i feel has been and would be a great Master of Light again?

Offline DevilLoss

• Reputation Power: 9
  • DevilLoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just a wandering ghost with no home.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg459987#msg459987
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:22:08 am »
@blonde,
 the biggest problem xdude may have with this upcoming war is just time. I feel as shown at the end of phase 2 where he was unable to do are tiebreaker match that he may have too many things going on in RL. I feel he doesnt have enough time but with me having nothing going on but school (which is only 3 hours a day) I would be able to have a very flexiable and active schedule, As a master and not just for war but for helping out the community as a whole. I feel that if I became a master I would hold myself to a higherpower and make sure that I'm not rude or unhelpful this isnt to say I will hold everyones hand and guide them step by step but I will do my best to help as many people in the community. The best way I know how is to just stay and be active even if its just being in chat for a couple hours a day or helping someone with a deck on the forum even particpating and leading a pvp event.

@bogtro.
well I feel that it was poor deck choice on my part and you also having very creative deckbuilding as to which has the advantage. Be it light or darkness then I feel light has the clear advantage because of are ability to counter most decks darkness can throw at us. as to the part of me completly failing agiasnt you 3-1 in phase two trials i feel that was my fault as I said before it was just clear poor deck choice and maybe some bad rng on my part but you did a great job agiasnt me and you deserved the win but next war whether or not I'm master of light darkness will most defintly not gain a better posistion then light untill something is done to improve there chances agiasnt a great deal of counters light has agiasnt darkness.

@jijo
1. Immaterial weapons and shields something that no other element has and something that beats darkness.
2. eclipse I feel a card that buffs two diffrent elements creatures would be nice it would open alot of knew decks for light and life, and i would change the name to ring of fire.
3. I have to agree with xdude on this part for being opposite elements they already have plenty of synergy in fact besides vadersader and blessed vamps theres also devourers, sactaury, miracle, drainlife stall. but idk if it is viable because of the qaunta cap it be alot tougher to pull off but it was a decent deck.
The Devil what more is there to say.

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg460008#msg460008
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:18 am »
@Root: What was the rationale behind you choosing to join the trials of Light?
@DevilLoss: In our match, I was able to hard counter you 3 times. Do you feel this is the result of luck, erroneous prediction, or general imbalances in favor of darkness? Explain your answer (preferably with easier-to-understand grammar).
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg460039#msg460039
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 01:43:25 am »
Light being the opposite element of darkness, I have a few questions for you.

First of all, What ,in your opinion, does light have that darkness lacks?

Second of all, If there was 1 darkness card that you could somehow make a light version of, what would it be? ( except vamp dagger).

Third of all, What is a card idea that you think would bring a better synergy between light and darkness?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg460292#msg460292
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 05:46:12 pm »
Q:"Most people prefer Archangel instead of Dragon, it's faster, haves a good ability, can you show me a deck where Dragon is clearly better than Archangel?
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19328.msg262056#msg262056

What would you add to darkness (a card/cards. No image necessary but a general idea in the least) to counteract the distinct card advantages that light has over darkness?
With bans, it has no advantage. Without them, Darkness is definitely at a loss due to Holy Light. Unless you were to add a non-creature healing card to Darkness (to allow them to create a mono or nearly mono stall) that advantage cannot be switched. However, I feel such a card would most definitely be a bad concept.

you know i view you with great respect but you bailed on me on two events simultaneously. I understand RL but you (among others) certainly could have changed the outcomes of both of those events. Why should i vote for you.. again?
You shouldn't. If you feel I don't have the time to lead time Light vote for somebody else. However I can assure you I will never again take a commitment to an event which I cannnot respect.

First of all, What ,in your opinion, does light have that darkness lacks?
Second of all, If there was 1 darkness card that you could somehow make a light version of, what would it be? ( except vamp dagger).
Third of all, What is a card idea that you think would bring a better synergy between light and darkness?
1. Best healing in the game.
2. Dusk Shield. Wouldn't fit the theme, but no Darkness card would.
3. I do not consider these 2 elements need better synergies, as Blessed Vampires and Vadersader are a lot more synergy than any other elements have.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36648.msg460311#msg460311
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 06:24:13 pm »
The following questions/comments may be sharp and pointed. They may hurt your feelings, but they are meant to help me and the community see how you handled adversity and tough questions. So, don't take too much offense to them, I'm gonna be grilling everyone. Also, I don't hate any of you, it's just my RL interviewing being used for the community vote. :D

xdude
There have been a lot of changes in Light and War since you were last Master, how do these changes impact Light as a whole, and especially in War?

RootRanger
Why did you choose to play this deck (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,34493.msg465099#msg465099) instead of this one (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,34693.msg467454#msg467454) when you knew what Gravity was going to play and were told by teammates to play the latter?

DevilLoss
xdude vs RootRanger should be exciting. :D

anything
blarg: DevilLoss,xdude,RootRanger