*Author

MrBlonde

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378125#msg378125
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 08:19:57 pm »
Not only can light rush, but its creatures are hard to kill.
QFT. In the last Master Tourney going rush vs rush against Xdude, Death one of the faster upped rush decks was outrushed by light. Yes bonewall was banned but don't let anyone tell you that light can't rush.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378132#msg378132
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 08:42:20 pm »
@Johann:

I've never manage to get a shape of your PVP skills, or your attitude.
Tell me something.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378145#msg378145
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 09:05:36 pm »
Q: “Excluding Trial or War tasks, what do you think was the most charitable/nicest/most helpful thing that you’ve ever contributed within the forums? As Master of Light, do you think that you would be able to help others out more due to your title? Or less, because of the requirements within War and other Master-related duties?”
Offering my services as Card Curator.  Kuro and Timer were overburdened, and I have spent much time early in my weeks performing curatorial duties.  It was more fun at first... it's definitely work.

Do you see light as the most 'nice' element?
Explain.
No, Life would be the "nicest" element, as it's dedicated to making things grow and thrive.  Light may be benevolent and healing by nature, but its fury can be aroused quickly.  I would characterize it as the element which spends the most resources just ignoring things - damage with Hope, quantum scramble/drain with Sanctuary, PC with various immaterial permanents including weapon, damage-based CC with high-HP creatures and the only creature healing in the game...

Most people say light is a defensive element.Explain if light can rush and show examples.
Two of the stronger rush decks in Elements have a Light core: Rangel and Pegasus.
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5fk 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7ju 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k1 7la 7la 7la 7la 7la 7la 8po
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7jv 7k6 7k6 7k6 7la 7la 7la 7la 7la 7la 7n0 7n0 8pr

@johanhowitzer
This is going to be the second trials. why do you think that your last try at mastership went wrong? Also maybe we are different time zones or i dont notice, but other than the card idea section of the forum, you do not seem like a active chat member or an active PvP member. To me and probably some others, those are my biggest concerns.
Simple: I was defeated by both Dm and Ryan in Phase 2.  I completed Phase 1 well, and gathered the highest votes of any challenger in Phase 3.  The latter alone should allay most concerns; but I still need to address the latter half of your question directly.  I may not be active in tournaments, and may not often be in chat, but neither really matters, if you take into account the fact that I never bail on commitments, and if you look at the record I have had in PvP.  Look at the decks I have used during this Trials and the previous Trials, and how I played them - that should tell you I am more than a competent opponent.

In all my life, I've been the sort of person who doesn't get involved in things right away, preferring instead to sit back and observe.  My powers of observation are keen, and I'm a very quick learner.  I defeated one challenger in this Trials and gave the other two a run for their money, despite never having played a tournament.  My heavy involvement in the Card Ideas section has greatly improved my versatility in deckbuilding and strategy, as thinking of good new card concepts (I am currently king of the Armory and tied at the top of the Designer Rankings) requires a rock-solid understanding of all the currently implemented cards.

Beyond that, take a look at any "Bedouin's Prayer" deck - that's my original design, and it was designed to fare well in PvP, which it has.  In fact, until it got some exposure, people had no idea what to do against it when I ran it in PvP... now they see it coming more often.  :D

I've never manage to get a shape of your PVP skills, or your attitude.
Tell me something.
Didn't say who you were addressing, so I'll assume it was directed at all challengers... if you haven't got a good idea of my attitude, you haven't been around me much!  I said it last Trials and I'll say it again, one of the most important qualities in a Master is humility.  We don't need Masters who will say, "I'm a Master and therefore I'm better than you and you have to listen to me."  Master, like Curator, is a privilege and comes with responsibilities - fulfilling those responsibilities is the reason Master titles exist.  Ego has no place.

As for PvP skill - see above.  I lack experience, not skill.

If I become Master, my track record guarantees loyalty to Light, powerful War strategies, continuing contribution to the community from Light's corner, and... brownies!  Now who doesn't like brownies?  It's my special Luciferin recipe.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378148#msg378148
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 09:08:02 pm »
And I who thougth I had written @Johann: over the question :3.

Thanks for the answer, thought.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline the dictator

• Reputation Power: 17
  • the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.the dictator is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378161#msg378161
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 09:47:47 pm »
What is your favourite deck, and why?
[18:28:55] Acsabi44: grinding is about pwning the AI as fast as possible
Back from a long break.
:water War Veteran - 4 times
Because inverted art is awesome - Looking for a tool for gather stats for arena, look no further

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378170#msg378170
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 10:08:25 pm »
Oh, I have lots of favorites.  Bedouin's Prayer is one of them since I'm all biased and stuff... but other than that it depends what the deck's for:

SCEM for AI3/Arena
Mono-Aether for FG farming due to simplicity and speed
Various complicated PvP decks for PvP... but I generally prefer ones I create over ones others create.  Same reason I like to make my own builds in other games.  And I'm not revealing anything here, you'll have to play me and find out!  ;)

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378213#msg378213
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 11:12:11 pm »
My request :
Comment on this card. Also, make a deck based around it (no restriction). Use an unupped shard to represent the card in your deck, due to the new deck coder not taking in ? ??
NAME:
Love
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
4 :light
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Each time you activate a creature's ability,
the creature gains +1|+1 for one turn. Not cumulative.
NAME:
Adoration
ELEMENT:
Light
COST:
6 :light
TYPE:
Permanent
ATK|HP:
TEXT:
Each time you activate a creature's ability,
the creature gains +2|+2 for one turn. Not cumulative.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378228#msg378228
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:31 pm »

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378351#msg378351
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 04:21:21 am »
@RootRanger
You are well known on the Pvp scene but as a member of team light last war and the less than optimal result, what will you do differently or how will being the Master of Light help the team differently than you being a normal team member?
Last Team Light was unmotivated and unprepared. We didn't have a Master, none of us had been on Team Light before, and Team Light had finished 9th in the previous war. Without a Master, we had done no preparation before War had started, and we were disorganized. This war will be different. If I'm Master, we'll be a lot more organized, and I'll start deckbuilding before War starts.

What is your favourite deck, and why?
I would rather not say anything here...I don't want my favorite decks to be banned in the final battle!
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline jippy99

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378520#msg378520
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 01:57:05 pm »
Light has received 2 new cards, Crusader and Sanctuary, in the past 3 patches.  How does the addition of these cards change Light's strategy as a mono or various duos with Light?
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378550#msg378550
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 02:55:36 pm »
How important is community (both keeping existing players and attracting new ones) to you?  How much influence do you think Masters have in effecting community and how do you think you could contribute if you were to be Master?
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29687.msg378584#msg378584
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:36 pm »
Light has received 2 new cards, Crusader and Sanctuary, in the past 3 patches.  How does the addition of these cards change Light's strategy as a mono or various duos with Light?
Crusader does nothing for monos, but for duos, it can open up many possibilities. Essentially having multiple weapons in play at the same time can give a big advantage. Just check the phase 2 battles and see how often we used Crusaders.

Sanctuary gives access to mini SoGs in unupped format. Along with shutting off Discord and Black Hole, it can help change a battle. With a few out, Miracles don't have to be played as soon.

Both cards make Light a very real contender in WAR.

anything
blarg: johannhowitzer