Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Light?

Solaris
25 (54.3%)
inthisroom
20 (43.5%)
None Worthy
1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: June 06, 2016, 01:12:59 pm

*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234372#msg1234372
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:12:59 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you do not have any preference for who should be Master, or cannot decide between the candidates, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:17:05 pm by Zawadx »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234378#msg1234378
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:17:46 pm »
Heya! I'll be editing in my answers to questions in this post as Phase 3 progresses. Hit me with all ya got, Elements Community!

10th Trials - Challenger's Entrance - Solaris - :light

Here be questions, and my answers!

Spoiler for Jenkar:
Hi.
What is your favorite light-themed villain/enemy? Why?
I think I'm going to have to go with Lucifer, from Supernatural. Root's event, Devil's Gate, sparked my interest in Supernatural, and form there, Lucifer has been my favorite. He's my favorite because his lore is very diverse from the other Archangels, which makes him quite an interesting character. Plus, he's sometimes referred to as Morning Star, and that's one of my favorite Light cards :P

Spoiler for Jenkar, all thread:
@All : Analyse your performance in trials in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)

Right: My bans against Water, crippling some of their best decks
Proper mindgating in most of my matches
3-1 final result, and the one I did lose I lost 2-3
Good deck theory

Wrong: Accidentally banned Poison against JonathanCrazyJ when he didn't have :death
Not preparing sanct stalls
Not 4-0ing
Not preparing ahead, and instead rushing decks a couple hours prior
Minor quanta balance issues

I would change the fact that I didn't prepare ahead for any of my matches, and speedbuilt an hour or so prior. Despite this, I believe I had a nice score.

Spoiler for Afdarenty, all thread:
For players that have already been Masters, how do you think you did? Are there things you are planning on doing differently if you become a Master again?

And some questions for all trialists:
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the War General?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the Brawl Boss?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, what are your goals? What is the minimum that you could achieve that you'd look back on and say 'Yes, I did a good job there'? Please be realistic.
N/A, haven't been a master.

War General: Of course! Competition is my passion, and War is the epitome of competition.
Brawl Boss: My experiences with Brawl were shaky at best, but I will not deny Light a leader.
Goals: I want to drive players to Trial for Light/want to be on Team Light/Hold Light in a new light (;)), like Physsion did for Darkness, despite Darkness already having a fairly nice fanbase.

Spoiler for Submachine, all thread:
For all trialists for all elements:

- How would you represent yourself in a comic if you wanted to be recognized, but without saying anything in the comic? Describe your looks.
- How would you represent your element's "essence" as a character in a comic? Would it have a gender? Describe its looks.
As much as I'd like not to be associated with cats, I believe a white cat, with a :light symbol present on the collar, would be the easiest way to get forums members to recognize me. Alternatively, I would do a Crusader with an image representing the sun/a light mark on the chestplate.
As far as representing Light, I believe the best way to do this would be an image relatively similar to an Archangel, but with the form more defined. Genderless.

Spoiler for CleanOnion:
MoL applicants: How many Masters of Light does it take to change a lightbulb? Show me, with pictures, that the answer is 1. Or 0, if you can't / electrocute yourself
I work with Light, not electricity. :P

Spoiler for Aves:
@All
Light has always been either middle of the pack or close to the bottom in War with the exception of War 4. In your opinion, what did the War 4 team do right that the others did not? Was it just that particular ruleset?

@Solaris
What element would a hypothetical Lunaris belong to, and why?

I believe it was a mixture of a good team, general who is widely regarded as strong in PvP, and what seems to be an increase in upgrades from the previous War. Light thrives well on more upgrades, as many of it's "good" cards need to be upped in the first place (Archangel, Ray of Light), or gain nice bonuses when upgraded (Morning Glory, Miracle). And as always, a little bit of luck ;)

Lunar = moon = night = Darkness. 'nuff said. 8)

Spoiler for CleanOnion, all thread:
My question is as such: What's your favourite idea?
Yes.

Spoiler for rob77dp:
I have already voted.

@Solaris - Is it Beck or MyI?
Doubling down on my earlier read, chief ;)

Spoiler for Discord:
You guys are too bright. Can you please stop shining your light in my eyes? :P
Can you please stop banging your Discord against my Sanctuary doors? It's making a terrible racket, and we're trying to sleep. Sincerely, Solaris + the Archangels.
:P

Spoiler for dark ripper, all thread:
Hello people! Imma ask some "getting to know you" questions.

1.For everyone: Is the element you are trialing for your favourite element? if its not then which is and why didnt you trial for it? If it is then which is your 2nd favourite and would consider trialing for it next time if you dont win these trials?

2.For everyone: Do you value higher the general of an element in war or the element itself? (for example your favourite element is  :underworld but STANDIN became the master of  :rainbow would you want to join the great master STANDIN or your favourite element no matter what general it has?)

3. For everyone: On the other side of the coin. As a general yourself, would you value higher more active players that may not hold your element as their favourite or players that have your element as their favourite but arent so active-or there are other problems-?

4. Masters Only: how would react if you had the lowest votes out of everyone in phase 3?

5. Challengers Only: assuming you make it to the finals. How would you react if the master didnt draft you in the coming war?(considering you want to be in the same team)

6. Last question for everyone: Why do you want to win trials? Why do you want to be a master?

thank you. kthxbai
1. Absolutely my favorite. If I don't win these Trials, I will likely challenge Light again, however, Air is my 2nd favorite.

2. General. Of course, I still weigh the element, but if I weigh two elements the same, the generals will absolutely tilt the scale.

3. Active players that don't hold Light as their favorite.

5. I wouldn't mind much. I'll just give them a reason to curse under their breath while I perform on another team ;)

6. I want to win Trials to prove that I am the best with Light, at the time I won. I want to be a Master to grow Light's following, and lead in War.

Spoiler for justaburd, all thread:
Chirp trill chirp chirp?

Warble?

P.S. Really more for the challengers: What do you think you'll do better than the current master?
Skwaak tweet warble chirp!

Trill.

I think existing is good enough. ;)

Spoiler for Aves, all thread:
If you become/remain master, who is going to be your favorite minion?
Is there really even any minion for me to have? :P

Spoiler for Higurashi, all thread:
To all: How has your favorite element affected your life?

If you're not in Trials for your favorite element, let me know so I know whom not to vote for.
It's given me a goal/purpose for myself, something I can set my mind to, rather than letting my issues wreck havoc on my mind.

Light is absolutely my favorite, so toss me a vote, will ya? ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:24:19 pm by Solaris »

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234393#msg1234393
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 01:46:32 pm »
Hi.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234400#msg1234400
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 02:08:35 pm »
Hi.
:light has no villains you fool, only heroes.

@All : Analyse your performance in trials in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)
Some of my bans were too hastily defined and pretty much useless, otherwise it went quite well.

For players that have already been Masters, how do you think you did? Are there things you are planning on doing differently if you become a Master again?

And some questions for all trialists:
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the War General?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the Brawl Boss?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, what are your goals? What is the minimum that you could achieve that you'd look back on and say 'Yes, I did a good job there'? Please be realistic.
I was a mediocre Master of Fire, especially as I left the forums at the end of my term without defending my title. I would avoid early vault building mistakes in War if I had the chance to go again.

I would be War General.
I wouldn't do Brawl.
If I was Master, my goal would be a good performance in War and a lot of bragging about how much :light is actually better than its reputation.

For all trialists for all elements:

- How would you represent yourself in a comic if you wanted to be recognized, but without saying anything in the comic? Describe your looks.
- How would you represent your element's "essence" as a character in a comic? Would it have a gender? Describe its looks.
1m85, blonde, green eyes, hawt. :p
Just Light, no gender, too bright to make out any features.

MoL applicants: How many Masters of Light does it take to change a lightbulb? Show me, with pictures, that the answer is 1. Or 0, if you can't / electrocute yourself
We are the light, what would we need bulbs for?

@All
Light has always been either middle of the pack or close to the bottom in War with the exception of War 4. In your opinion, what did the War 4 team do right that the others did not? Was it just that particular ruleset?

@itr
What is your opinion of this?

Well, I guess the main reason for Light's good performance in War4 was majofa, he was still fully active, then.

I actually saw Dr. Light sooner but he must definitely be a fraud.

@inthisroom - What is the meaning of Light?
Lascivious Immoral Geisha Hedonist Temple (now you know why I want to be master).

No.

Hello people! Imma ask some "getting to know you" questions.

1. I have no favourite Element, I've been playing for a long time and like them all, I just like the game in itself, that's why I'm still around.

2. The Element itself is most important but a General can make a real difference, as some :light and :time performances have shown.

3. War is tedious, activity is really a key to me.

4. n/a

5. I wouldn't mind, you rarely know where you'll end up in War anyway, even when you made a deal.

6. Ego I guess.

Chirp trill chirp chirp?

Warble?

P.S. Really more for the challengers: What do you think you'll do better than the current master?

Trill!

Everything, as there is none.

To all: How has your favorite element affected your life?

If you're not in Trials for your favorite element, let me know so I know whom not to vote for.

As I've stated before, I'm always trialling for my favourite Element. It's not an element that has affected my life, it's Elements The Game.

If you become/remain master, who is going to be your favorite minion?

Odii Odsen.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:48:23 pm by inthisroom »

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234464#msg1234464
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 05:38:24 pm »

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234492#msg1234492
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:07:44 pm »
@All

@itr
What is your opinion of this?

@Solaris
What element would a hypothetical Lunaris belong to, and why?

:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234516#msg1234516
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:26:51 am »
I have already voted.

@Solaris - Is it Beck or MyI?

@inthisroom - What is the meaning of Light?
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234619#msg1234619
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:58 pm »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Solaris

• Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1234868#msg1234868
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 01:28:57 pm »
Tight spread, but thanks to all who voted for me! :)

Good luck in the finals, makku ;)

Offline Solaris

Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1235316#msg1235316
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »
:light ....sometime Thursday. Exact times and timers are for n00bs.

Offline Solaris

Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62078.msg1235363#msg1235363
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 03:18:54 pm »
:light ....sometime Thursday. Exact times and timers are for n00bs.
postponed to next thursday because IRL conflicts

anything
blarg: