*Author

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254688#msg254688
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 12:13:26 am »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

Random question number 3! (But really - I asked two overly philosophical questions the first (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5328.msg59898#msg59898) and second (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10934.msg144392#msg144392) trials, so I figure Life needs a change of pace. This will be my last randomized question for this set of Trials... I think. ^^; )

Q: Life elementals should be vegetarians; true or false? Explain.
Well, I don't see much of a correlation between being a Life Elemental and being a vegetarian.  Sure, I'm confident you could make the argument that causing an animal's LIFE to end could go against what :life stands for, but the reality is that Life itself is a never-ending cycle where one's existence is passed onto another who is in equal need.  Naturally, I'm referring to food webs, food chains, and the food cycle itself.  And while we're on this subject, what about plants?  They live, they breathe, they exist, should they not be devoured as well?  Overall, I think that food preference is irrelevant to being a Life Elemental because it's all natural either way.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

wizelsnarf

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254738#msg254738
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 01:07:29 am »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

Random question number 3! (But really - I asked two overly philosophical questions the first (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5328.msg59898#msg59898) and second (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10934.msg144392#msg144392) trials, so I figure Life needs a change of pace. This will be my last randomized question for this set of Trials... I think. ^^; )

Q: Life elementals should be vegetarians; true or false? Explain.
I have always imagined Life Elementals to be in touch with nature and as such have a philosophy similar to Native Americans in the US(Think Na'vi from Avatar if you don't know about Native Americans). They would probably not be vegetarians, but would only eat animals when they needed too. Furthermore they would use every last part of the animal and not waste anything.

That said, I play as an Elemental, and I am vegan. I am eating a salad while I type this as a matter of fact. I think that of all the Elements, Life is likely the most empathetic and therefore least likely to hurt another living being, even a plant. Life Elementals are surely the last to start a fight but they will defend themselves vigorously if attacked, like most creatures in nature.

In short, I don't think Life Elementals should be vegetarians (in the mythical world of Elements).

*As a note, I am basing this on the belief that the Elements world is not overpopulated, polluted and full of factory farming. I think humans should try their best to abstain from meat and animal products, but especially if they buy them from companies rather than directly from a farmer.

wizelsnarf

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254760#msg254760
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 01:36:37 am »
A short profile of me on elements.

-Score: 113370
-Began playing December 2009
-Joined Forums April 18, 2010
-War #2 Life Salvager (go read through Life's War #2 "secret" forum section to see large amount of contributions I made)

SS of my Life cards for Majofa:

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254761#msg254761
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 01:36:57 am »
It is one thing to know thyself.  It is another to know thy enemy.

To each of you I ask, what is death?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254778#msg254778
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 01:50:06 am »

Hmm...well, the simple answer would just be to state the opposite of life.

However, in reality death is what I fear most of all.  It essentially symbolizes that I have failed to accomplish my greatest goals I have set for myself.  The very reason we are elemental opposites is because Life desires nothing more than to escape death, to continue to exist, and to never give up; our ideals are so opposite that we must fight in order to preserve what we hold sacred.  I think of Death and I think of despair, cold loneliness, and an unbearable pressure which suppresses my own free will in the process.  To become the master of death effectively means to control these factors and to wield them as your own.  I myself have no such ability and therefore can never be loyal to such an element.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

wizelsnarf

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254795#msg254795
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 02:11:39 am »

Personally I don't think Life and Death are that different (which you basically stated a few posts above willng3).

Death makes way for Life and they are very interconnected. Even though they are referred to as "opposing" elements in the game, I think the fact is that they are more like corresponding elements than opposites. They rely on one another and I think Thorn Carapace shows how that might be. After all, Life creatures do damage in order to defeat their opponent, so it is not as though Life knows no Death.

The difference really in the manifestation of their essence, rather than the essence itself. Life tends to be robust and healthy while Death is poisonous and unhealthy. Death in fact has elements of Life (though not as obvious as say scorpions). For example when creatures die with a Boneyard in play, new creatures (skeletons) are spawned. Although they are the dead remnants of previous creatures, their existence is a sort of second life. Vultures feed on death, but they are also growing, much like a Forest Spirit that gets watered.

And another way to think about it is that Death cannot exist without life. An inanimate object can never die. Only something that is alive can die. Therefore Death depends on Life. Similarly, Life has evolved to depend on Death for nutrients, to stop over population and to allow evolution.

Death is not Life's Enemy per say but its logical conclusion. The two play well together and though they struggle for superiority, the fact that they struggle keeps them in balance.

In fact the only thing you have to do in life is die. So in that sense, Death is Life.

Asmius

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254811#msg254811
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 02:32:23 am »
In what way do you view the Life element, and how do you feel it affects the game?

I am rooting for and voted for killsdazombies.

He is the greatest choice in my eyes.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254817#msg254817
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 02:39:07 am »
I'm rooting and voted for killsdazombies.

that just made my day :D

anyway, to respond to your question, death is not lifes enemy, death is a part of life, and life is a part of death, ying and yang, but to your real question Death is is the counter of life, and life is the counter of death, (again ying/yang) both in balance.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254827#msg254827
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 02:58:25 am »
In what way do you view the Life element, and how do you feel it affects the game?

I am rooting for and voted for killsdazombies.

Mmm, there doesn't seem to be a real reason to answer this question since you've already made a decision, but here goes:

I absolutely adore Life.  It's like every single duel with it makes me realize how great it is all over again.  Perhaps this explains the reason why grinding AI3 for hours straight with a Mono Life Rush doesn't drive me insane...  If Life did not exist in this game then there would be several things sorely missed.  Our diverse card list allows several duos with Life to be extremely profitable; it either adds an additional sense of speed to the deck or increases its stall power even more.  Either of which are great assets to any combination.

Offline icecoldbro

• Reputation Power: 0
  • icecoldbro hides under a Cloak.
  • S
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254835#msg254835
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 03:06:32 am »
Tell me why youd be the best life master?
And if a newb told u, life sucks it has no permanent control what would u say in return?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254850#msg254850
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 03:23:56 am »
Tell me why youd be the best life master?
I don't want to take up another half a page here, so I'll just point you back to my first post. (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20049.msg271532#msg271532)

And if a newb told u, life sucks it has no permanent control what would u say in return?
Well, that entire argument is based around no permanent control being a bad thing.  Which while it may give an edge during a duel, it by no means makes Life worthless.  So, to enlighten this player, I would ask him/her what exactly makes Permanent Control an absolute necessity in an Element.  As of right now only 5 Elements possess a form of Permanent Control, does that mean all the rest are horrible?  And furthermore, is Permanent Control completely necessary to win a duel?  Sure, it gives an edge in some circumstances, but several decks run with little reliance on Permanents, making it a dead card against those decks.  So basically, not having permanents does not equal a horrible Element, we don't need it to be able to win a duel.

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254874#msg254874
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:17 am »
Random question:

What's the relation between the REAL life and the ELEMENT life?

Do you have Life?
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

anything
blarg: