*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254175#msg254175
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:20:12 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254203#msg254203
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:38:17 pm »
Well, normally I try and have some humility with something like this, but seeing as how some people may not know who I am or what I stand for, I’ll cover everything.

Why would I make the best life master?
Well, for starters I’m extremely active and involved in this community.  I have a never ending desire to assist more every day.  Becoming a member of the Council made me very happy since it meant I could be more helpful; I know the exact same would occur here if I was made the master.  If I am assigned a task to attend to, I go for it 100% even if it means giving up my own time/sanity in exchange.  I finished Phase 1 of Trials on the first day; I do not waste time when given a task.

I’m extremely organized by nature.  Big picture ideas are nice, but I tend to focus on the smallest details to make sure that everything runs more smoothly and with fewer problems for everyone else.  If something seems unruly or illogical, I’ll see if I can’t make problems simpler and if I can’t I’ll pass it to someone else who has the ability to do it.  Being a master for me means putting a great deal of thought into everything that is done for that element; I undoubtedly possess that ability.

I’m by no means perfect and I know my perspective of several thoughts or ideas is not the same as what most people would agree with.  This is why I emphasize teamwork and collaboration over everything else; having someone else point out any flaws you may have made ensures that failure does not ensue.  I was part of Team :life during this past war and was fortunate enough to see it surpass its performance from last war (taking 3rd place as it stands).  My role in this event was Strategist; not particularly because I thought I would be the best person for this role, but because I saw that no one else was enthusiastic about taking the job for themselves; I'm willing to make sacrifices for the sake of the team as a whole.  I would like to think that our performance exceeded expectations because of our teamwork and constant communication.  I learned a great deal about teamwork from that Event; I plan to use this information to assist :life in the next war as well.  It’s far more efficient when things become a group effort; efficiency is what I aim for above all else.

I do not tolerate injustice and favoritism.  Granted, I give greater credibility to some members more than others due to greater experience; I have apathy for pushing newer, less known members aside when their voice deserves to be heard.  In other words:  Corruption does not exist in my mind.  This holds true in real life and it remains true on Elements Forum.  I try to serve as a good example in the hopes that others will follow in my footsteps.  So if you’re looking for a master who will act maturely, rationally, and justly in order to serve as a proper role model for this position, I assure you will find no better person for that position.

I have a great deal of experience with the game itself.  I did not stumble upon Elements the Game until the beginning of August, but I’d like to think that I’ve brought myself up to speed rather nicely despite not being present since the beginning.  In my mind, the present and future of this game are what are truly important; if we choose to remain dwelling in the past then we cannot adapt and evolve to reflect the needs of the community itself.  In saying this I still use the past for reference, but refuse to become attached to it as I have seen others before me do.

So why Life?
As I said before, I look down on any attitudes of superiority with the utmost contempt.  Since before I can remember I have heard claims that Life is the worst element for a PvP environment, which most associate with making it the weakest element in general.  Comments such as “Life has no CC, it can’t stall, and it’s useless against shields” all come to mind.  Being who I am, such comments bred a sensation of unrest within my heart which eventually led to full dedication to Life itself.  Life is by no means a weak element.  We do have CC in the form of Thorn Carapace.  We have the greatest Healing (outside of Miracle) abilities of any other Element; stalling is something we do perfectly well.  And shields?  Our speed can make shields out of the question; our creatures are capable of working around any shield that should appear.  It is diverse, it can adapt, it can change, it can evolve.  You look at another element that focuses on one particular idea (such as brute force) and immediately any future improvements to that element are made limited to obey the restrictions of that idea.  Life is essentially about letting everything go, to give 100% to what you believe is important, to essentially base your existence on what must be done.  Survival of the fittest comes to mind; :life itself doesn’t make unnecessary actions, it doesn’t waste time, it does what it must in order to survive.  Efficiency and true dedication at its finest, I have never felt as comfortable when using an Element as I have with :life; I feel as if I am truly destined to serve as the master of :life.

Sorry for the tl;dr but I tried to cover everything important, now then...let the questionnaire begin :)

EDIT:  Added card list as requested by majofa in this thread. (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,20074.0.html) (Used Kong as evidence that this was not done in Trainer)
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254242#msg254242
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:12:08 pm »
Although so far i have disliked the trials, i would still like to remain life master, i belive i have stayed good to the master hood, placing 3rd in the last war, If you think that another would be better for this i insist you vote for them, but i know i can show life proud.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254324#msg254324
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:38:17 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Life symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254328#msg254328
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:39:53 pm »
What types of cards does Life need in game to finish covering the Element Life?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254355#msg254355
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 06:02:56 pm »
@ hig
Life, is victory. life is surviving countless assaults and reacting with cold efficiency. life is forever, never dieing, unrelenting.
For the element of life i hope to carry teamlife (next war) up the ladder farther, i was mew to being a general and i did fairly well, i hope to carry us to first, with my experience i gained, i hope to carry us to victory.

@oldtrees
i would say the new card thats coming out if great, but i would love for life to have some PC, maybe an earthquake like card. i think that would be great.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254359#msg254359
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:06:02 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

Alright, I discussed most of these in my first reply, so I'll shorten it here.  Life is basically the will to survive, to not accept defeat.  The ability to change, evolve, adapt to and overcome any obstacle.  Especially after witnessing the last war first hand, it's clear to me:  We do not give up.

Mainly just see to it that :life receives credit where it is due.  For instance, constantly pointing out that Thorn Carapace is in fact Creature Control.  Also, in the event that updates occur I will try to make sure that everything is adjusted and posted accordingly.  Now that there's more assistance with the TTW Study I'm planning to take some time to design more decks based around :life than in the past; with the addition of Mitosis there will be several options to choose from.  My main vision at the moment is to see that :life receives more recognition than before, with time I might be able to broaden on that idea.

Well, sticking to the theme of :life I would say that more soft/weak Creature Control is needed.  As I've stated before, it's heartbreaking to hear people (some :life loyalists themselves...) say that :life possesses no CC at all.  It's not true, but at the same time I feel this is because the current form is not efficient enough to receive more use.  Ideally, I would like to see card ideas such as this (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17440.0.html) make it into the game; it's not overly powerful, but it gives :life more of an edge over its opponents in different situations.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254365#msg254365
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:10:00 pm »
Many people see life as the element that can do nothing but rush. How would you prove them wrong.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254372#msg254372
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:14:20 pm »
Many people see life as the element that can do nothing but rush. How would you prove them wrong.
Kindly point them to the cards in our possession and then explain to them that Healing means that Life is fully capable of choosing a stall instead of a rush.  Jade Staff, Feral Bond, Heal...any of these 3 cards could easily be used to stall out the opponent given the right combination.  By definition a rush is a deck which casts aside all forms of defense in order to destroy the opponent.  Even fast decks such as USEM (which Heals as a defense) cannot be considered a rush given this rule of thumb.

wizelsnarf

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254533#msg254533
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »
I have always loved the color green because of its association with nature. Life, the element, shows that same natural energy that makes me feel at peace. Life has a persistence as mentioned before because much like plants, it can keep growing even after being cut down. To me it symbolizes oneness with nature and is the element of serenity.
As Master, I would push Life to its limits and display what it can do beyond rush and heal. At the moment, there is a tendency to consider life a "simple" element but it is actually rather complex. I would like to bring life cards more prominently in to PvP and give them their due respect. As for War, I would like to build on Life's success and continue to impress on everyone Life's versatility.

Life already has life cards that are great. I am pleased with the introduction of mitosis which is a clever way to introduce creature production to the element that thematically seems most likely to deserve it.

As for new cards, I would like to see some soft PC. That is why I introduced the card idea Vines | Vines (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18812.0.html). It fits with Life thematically and offers to round out an area that Life has been weak in. At the same time, it doesn't overshadow PC from other elements or other Life cards. It offers soft PC and permanent protection all in one.

In any case, I would like life CC and PC to remain soft as Life has stuck closely to growth and healing rather than destruction.
Well if you look at the most recent war you will see that isn't true.

Thorn Carapace, Forest Scorpion and Heal offer Life one of the better Monostalls out there.

Better than that though Life can create a well rounded deck. Life has one of the best dragons, the only scorpion that works as a mono (excluding puffer fish), two reliable mid range attackers, a creature with growth and quanta acceleration(rustler).

Life can put together some great decks. Look at Ferox or Elidnis, they aren't rushers. Elidnis is surprisingly well rounded too. Ferox can be just plain annoying because of the stalling.

Clearly rushing is not the only thing life can do.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254675#msg254675
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 12:00:58 am »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

Random question number 3! (But really - I asked two overly philosophical questions the first (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,5328.msg59898#msg59898) and second (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,10934.msg144392#msg144392) trials, so I figure Life needs a change of pace. This will be my last randomized question for this set of Trials... I think. ^^; )

Q: Life elementals should be vegetarians; true or false? Explain.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20049.msg254681#msg254681
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 12:07:35 am »
false, life feeds off life, in order to keep balance things need to eat each other.

blarg: