*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg134736#msg134736
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 10:27:43 pm »
It appears that some of you have already answered this question (Gl1tch), but if you want, you can further explain your answer below. I was expecting a lot more competition this time around, but I suppose that real life issues (no pun intended) to take priority over the trials. ;)

Q: Unfortunately for Life, it fell into the ‘supposed’ last place for the first War. That said, which one of these issues do you think was the main cause for Life’s loss, and do you think this problem will be fixed in the next war?

-Stacked disadvantage facing opponents of the same (stronger?) element early on
-Poor managing of the vault and card counting
-Poor player skill and coordination
-Lack of varied Life cards
-Inability to counter decks using a mono or duo deck using Life cards

If you feel that multiple issues or none of the issues from the above list were the main cause, feel free to state so in your post.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg134737#msg134737
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 10:29:24 pm »
It appears that some of you have already answered this question (Gl1tch), but if you want, you can further explain your answer below. I was expecting a lot more competition this time around, but I suppose that real life issues (no pun intended) to take priority over the trials. ;)

Q: Unfortunately for Life, it fell into the ‘supposed’ last place for the first War. That said, which one of these issues do you think was the main cause for Life’s loss, and do you think this problem will be fixed in the next war?

If you feel that multiple issues or none of the issues from the above list were the main cause, feel free to state so in your post.
 since i could see what was going on i feel it was more or less the team choice and vault choice, it just wasnt a good call on all that he did with choseing.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg134745#msg134745
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:54 pm »
We fought Earth twice, which has the infamous otyugh deck, which for life, is neigh impossible to counter.  The only way to beat it was fractal cockatrice, and the aether pillars were needed elsewhere.  Then, next round we got to fight light twice.  Light's deck were mainly deckout decks, so our already drained vault got to try and make two deckout decks.
Actually, I think we did okay on this end.  We had several varied decks, and a mutation deck as a luck deck.  More pillars at the start would have been nice, but we did keep our vault clean.
Ah, the meat of the problem.  My team wouldn't make their decks, and I didn't do much to motivate them but yell.  Our last battle, instead of going out fighting, wasn't even attended.  We couldn't even organize our fight times.
Unfortunately, this problem still exists.  With life having no mono method of swarming, and no creature control (except for thorn shield, which really isn't enough to win against otyugh decks), we had to rely on duos to protect our creatures or attack theres.  Shields were a large problem, and the only way to beat them was to duo.  Heck, we had to duo for everything but creatures and healing, and unfortunately, creatures + healing doesn't work if your enemy expects it.  Every fight.
The only deck we really COULDN'T counter was the otyugh deck, but even then we could've countered it if we'd been thinking.  Still, I wouldn't mind new cards that aren't either attack creatures or healing.  *cough*

Offline Wardead

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135114#msg135114
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 01:58:02 pm »
I never knew SG also votes....Does Zanz too?

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Life sucks and they have lost the War, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Glitch, You have done awesome things in this forum, and many many people like you. But, you might be once again pit against KDZ in the final battle, how do you react to this?

Q: @KDZ, You lost to Gl1tch last time, but you have undergone many titles, and you have done a good job in PvP. But you are against a tough opponent, do you think your experience is enough to help you in your final battle?

Q: @Anothebrother, At one point, you were seeming like a new and great addition, but after you signed up, you suddenly have gone inactive. Do you think your inactivity will cost you the title?

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135117#msg135117
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 02:04:39 pm »

Q: @ ALL: If a noob comes and tells you Life sucks and they have lost the War, blah blah....How will you respond?

Q: @Glitch, You have done awesome things in this forum, and many many people like you. But, you might be once again pit against KDZ in the final battle, how do you react to this?

Q: @KDZ, You lost to Gl1tch last time, but you have undergone many titles, and you have done a good job in PvP. But you are against a tough opponent, do you think your experience is enough to help you in your final battle?

Q: @Anothebrother, At one point, you were seeming like a new and great addition, but after you signed up, you suddenly have gone inactive. Do you think your inactivity will cost you the title?
Q: all
A: Well to start with i would slap them in the face I would show him my epic 70/71 forest spirit, and ask how if he could do the same, then i would probably ramble on about how "life has the 2 BEST shields in the game" and " life has adrenaline and awesome spell and can deal great damage and often tricks the AI into not using a spell (like miracle)" and even after my insanly long ramble (longer then this) theres always the shovel and a hole solution.

@KDZ, Well my own retardedness (yes i was retarded) really did it in for me, i didn't take a thorn Caprice one game when i knew i should have, that would have sealed the deal, but nope i was just an idiot and gl1tch had an amazing comeback with his desync deck and i went into a corner and cried XD

I can awnser these better later, but i gtg.

Offline Wardead

• Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Wardead is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135124#msg135124
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »
Thank you KDZ, and your sig...is going to be an evidence for a lot of things...XD

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135252#msg135252
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 06:23:56 pm »
and whatever could that mean?

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135650#msg135650
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 06:46:57 am »

To be honest, if noob came at me claiming life sucked, I'd ask them what they want in an element and point them in the right direction.  If someone says "I don't like life", the answer isn't to scream "LIFE ROCKS YOU SUCK GO DIE", it's to figure out what they don't like about life.  If they dislike the creature's vulnerabilities, then aether is the way to go.  If they don't like it's lack of permanent control, then perhaps darkness or fire is the way to go.  Darkness has healing as well, and it's similarities with life make a great place to look.  If they deck out too much, then time is the deck for them.  I do not pretend life is a good fit for everyone, and if they think life sucks because it lost the war, then I'd politely direct them to the fire decks on the forum so they can play a "good" element.

What is this, TMZ?  How do I react to fighting KDZ...
Look, I've fought him before.  But I can't really say a whole heck of a lot without giving away my plans.  I guess I react with some relief, simply from a convenience standpoint.  We're in the same timezone...
OH!  I'll probably ask him to go downstairs, his WiFi isn't the most stable, and playing control decks against him increases odds of desynch.
Also:  Thanks for the compliments!  You flatter me unfairly =P

Offline Wardead

• New to Elements
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135722#msg135722
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 11:11:03 am »
I flatter everyone...except myself.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135770#msg135770
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 01:14:58 pm »

To be honest, if noob came at me claiming life sucked, I'd ask them what they want in an element and point them in the right direction.  If someone says "I don't like life", the answer isn't to scream "LIFE ROCKS YOU SUCK GO DIE", it's to figure out what they don't like about life.  If they dislike the creature's vulnerabilities, then aether is the way to go.  If they don't like it's lack of permanent control, then perhaps darkness or fire is the way to go.  Darkness has healing as well, and it's similarities with life make a great place to look.  If they deck out too much, then time is the deck for them.  I do not pretend life is a good fit for everyone, and if they think life sucks because it lost the war, then I'd politely direct them to the fire decks on the forum so they can play a "good" element.

What is this, TMZ?  How do I react to fighting KDZ...
Look, I've fought him before.  But I can't really say a whole heck of a lot without giving away my plans.  I guess I react with some relief, simply from a convenience standpoint.  We're in the same timezone...
OH!  I'll probably ask him to go downstairs, his WiFi isn't the most stable, and playing control decks against him increases odds of desynch.
Also:  Thanks for the compliments!  You flatter me unfairly =P
It was midnight dude, i was upstairs just about to say, "if gl1tch gets on ill be waiing in the morning" and then you came on and wanted to fight, I admit the wifi sucks when im upstairs, the people next to me are to cheap to get there own and they latch onto us so it slows it even more.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135888#msg135888
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 04:27:54 pm »
It's cool dude.  I know I overreact frequently, so I do my best not to hold grudges.  Otherwise I'd hate everyone for some mundane reason or another.  Comes with being a teenager =P

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
Re: Phase 2 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10934.msg135906#msg135906
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 04:48:31 pm »
It's cool dude.  I know I overreact frequently, so I do my best not to hold grudges.  Otherwise I'd hate everyone for some mundane reason or another.  Comes with being a teenager =P
mmk :/ i dont want you to be pissed at me forever :D

blarg: