Total Members Voted: 68

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:33:51 pm

*Author

Offline OnizukaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082679#msg1082679
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:33:16 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082708#msg1082708
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:19 pm »
Why kills thinks he should get your vote!
Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm afraid the above says it all, this little spoiler right here is me pandering - I mean trying to earn your vote!
First off, I have experience as a master, I was master of life for war two, in which life placed in a three way tie for second place, and statistically got third. This is a massive leap forward from the previous year, when we either got 11th place, just above gravity, or 7th (the precise slips my mind, as I was warmaster during that war) After this amazing victory I passed my title along, thinking my job was done and quit the forums. Obviously, I am back, and I am here to attempt to reclaim my title, hopefully so that I can bring life back to its former glory.

Jenkar's question.
Spoiler for Hidden:
@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.

Do I consider myself the best possible master? Well, in a part yes, but I do have my failings as does anyone. In war I consider myself a strong leader, I feel as though I can lead life in war well, perhaps back into our former glory.

Song wise personally I like faster songs when I play life, I would go with "Go with the flow" the reasoning behind it being, the adaptability of life, and the general fast nature of the song.

Onizuka's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
I agree.

Time to get these question out of the way:

Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?
Yes, I do plan to general for my element during war.
I would like to lead my team in brawl, but I do not know if I have the skills to do it. I am still a little confused with brawl, but I can try must best.

Shink's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialing:

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?

My favorite deck? It would be mighty mito guards. Upgraded guards, mitosis, heals and bam you have a cheap easy war deck, and it counters the typical counter life deck.

willng3's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
What does becoming a Master mean for you?
A tough question, but I feel I can say this is one quick sentence or two. Being a master to me personally means holding an element in a high regard, and representing it to the best of my ability, showing it to the best of its ability.

Chapuz's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
Let's make them throw some mud,

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?

*makes some popcorn and sits back*
Honestly, me. I lost my fights against them, if we looked at things from a pvp standard I lost. I don't really feel like I can respond better then this.

Pella's Question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Edit:  I left a word.
This is a difficult task with any team event, titan pad is a great way to help resolve this. Most of them time it has to be resolved based around people.

Drake's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trial participants in elements that have two participants and/or do not have a defending Master.  Do you think your chances at Master-ship have changed if you were in a full element with a defending Master?
Not really, I find that these kinds of things tend to end the same way regardless. Whoever wins, wins.
Opsinis's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.
This is a bit tricky, I would prefer a bit of both, but if I had to pick I would say forum. The real skill in elements comes from deck building, in war you have people you can rely on for that, but being an active member makes everyone feel a bit better, and leaves a bigger impact. I would rather not have two extremes, where we had to chose one, but if we had to, I would say forum.

Marsu's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?
Well, I'm fairly sure I'm alive. /end sarcasm. On a more serious note, I'm not sure how to answer this. I obviously live my life everyday, as most people do, I'm trialing for master because life is my favorite element, and I loved being general back in war two.

Belligerence's question
Spoiler for Hidden:

kdz: What exactly draws you to Life as element? In your opinion, what is Life's greatest strength? And, if you had to completely remove 1 card from Life (upped and unupped), what would it be?

Well life has a great ability to rush in really fast, and has a great deal of sustain. It would be a tie of the two in my opinion, all depends on what you need. Mitosis and adrenaline let you rush very quickly, while heal and emp bond let you stay in the fight a great deal longer. One card I would completely remove though? Tricky. I would honestly have to say leaf dragon. Don't get me wrong, I love pepo but the current meta really doesn't fond a use for it. Sure, one maybe two decks use it well, but is that useful enough to merit a card? I don't think so.

Ji412jo's question
Spoiler for Hidden:

Kdz: You got life only to second place, think you can bring it to win war?

First a point of clarification, it was a three way tie for second (Entropy, fire and life all died on round 9) with life having 27 cards remaining, higher then fire, less then entropy. Now onto the question itself, I would love to think so, I believe with the right team, a decent amount of luck, and strong deckbuilding we can get first. I know that no matter what, that would be my goal for the war.

bogtro's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.
Oh god card design. I am awful at this, but I suppose I could give it a shot. Life's primary weakness is its lack of control. In a mono life, you have no permanent control, and a very shoddy form of indirect creature control. There are a few ways to appease these weaknesses, some of them are already in production. If we were to look at permanent control, we could compare a card to deflag, or steal, but do we really want a cookie cutter version of either of those? Well, I don't. Perhaps something that heals while it destroys, "Destroy target permanent and gain life equal to it's cost" Or even add onto max health. Who knows. If the later was used I would say a cost of 4/3 life quanta would be appropriate as it is similar in concept to steal, the costs should be similar.

Creature control is another matter that life hardly can face. Most every element has a from of cc, the only exception being light (Unless you consider holy flash cc, which is hardly applicable unless you are building for a specific counter). Life has a shield that might poison a creature, not only is this indirect CC, but it is also only a chance, if life were to have another form a CC, it could preform much more in the current meta of war. I myself find it difficult to think of an idea that fits with the theme of life.

RavingRabbid's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.

An odd question, but one I suppose I should respond to.

"Which element would you consider the strongest?"
I have been asked this question a lot, and I still find myself unable to respond to this in a way that I feel is fitting. Every element is strong in it's own regard, and each counters another in a specific way. Nothing in elements has proven itself so blatantly powerful that I could consider it the strongest of the strong, including an element itself. I hope this response is satisfactory.

farscape's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all trialists:
Is there any life in the Universe that did not originate from Earth ? Explain.

"I believe there is life on other planets, I just don't believe they would travel all this way to see us... Would be like driving a thousand miles to a Burgerking."

nensuru's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
What non-life CIA card you think helps life most and why?

Sea crab seems like a fun card combo with adrenaline, but other then that none of the other cards really grabbed my attention, I'm sure there are some cards I missed that make great combos (Or at least, I hope there are) but sea crab would make water/life duo a lot stronger.

Tiko's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
So please, tell me about yourself, the person behind that avatar and hundreds of (well-planned) posts and quotes.

You're free whatever to answer, it may or may not be a deciding factor. Thanks.
Well, I'm not quite sure how to respond to this, I've never been one to talk about myself. I would prefer to keep the specifics of my private life as separate as possible now. If you really want to know about me I'll give you some generalizations about me. I'm usually pretty funny, I love alternative/rock music, I'm exceptionally stubborn on some issues. I play League of Legends, World of warcraft, Path of exile, and a few other dozen games on ps3/xbox/PC/Wii. I really don't know what else to say, I'm a fairly boring person :P. If you have a specific question I can try to answer it, but I really would prefer to keep everything separate.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:09:04 pm by killsdazombies »

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082746#msg1082746
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:23:58 am »
Have fun, I won't vote for you going first either.
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082750#msg1082750
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:30:52 am »
Is it too late for me to join? :D

I'm kidding.

Word on the street where Kuro lives was that Trials were taking place, so I thought I'd pop in briefly to wish the three of you good luck with both the remainder of Trials and your duties as Master, if applicable.  About the best advice I can give you at this point is to set your priorities correctly and remember that putting things off in real life can affect how you handle things in War, Brawl, etc. as stress continues to pile onto your shoulders.  Also, how you respond to people's questions and opinions about Life's strengths and weaknesses will reflect on how they think of you as a Master.  If you want the community to listen to you when you have something to say about War, new cards, nerf/buff proposals, etc. then you may want to stress showing others the same respect that you want them to give to you.

Now, I'm pretty confident that I already know who I'm voting for here (not saying who!), but I'm still interested in knowing each of your answers to the following absolutely mind-blowing question:
Spoiler for Hidden:

It's a tough job, but someone needs to do it.  So good luck, and have fun!
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Opsinis

Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082817#msg1082817
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:21:11 am »
Marsu: What have you learned from willng, in regards to mastering the element of Life?

killzda:
Spoiler for See chat evidence here:
[00:57] <tensu> how does someone start with 193 hp?
[00:57] <killsdazombies> The magic of friendship
[00:57] <tensu> is that a card?
[00:57] <killsdazombies> Yes.
(I removed one line that was someone entering chat.)
kdz, how do you think this represents the way you plan to act as Master of Life?

Helston: Make a choice: Master of Life or Warmaster? Why?

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082820#msg1082820
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:44:13 am »
@Opsinis

Obviously I can be serious when I need to be, as I have been. On a random day in chat at nearly two in the morning I'm not exactly in the most serious of moods.

Though I had a bit of fun when it comes to a serious problem or situtation I can act accordingly. To me, this doesn't really show anything other then me messing around a bit. *Shrug* .

Besides it's not like this person was completely serious.

Spoiler for Hidden:
[02:07] <tensu> can you  trade people on this game?
[02:07] <@Vineroz> no
[02:08] <tensu> any plan to implement that?
[02:08] <killsdazombies> Nope
[02:08] <@Vineroz> The developer has expressed it will not be implemented
[02:09] <tensu> Dont you think thats racist?
[02:09] <killsdazombies> Yes.
[02:09] <@Vineroz> what is racist?
[02:09] <tensu> not being able to trade
[02:09] <tensu> im offended
[02:09] <@Vineroz> so...you are in a race of trading or something?
[02:10] <@Vineroz> I don't know that kind of race exists.
[02:10] <tensu> wow.. not cool man
[02:10] <@Vineroz> huh?
[02:10] <tensu> keep it pg ok
[02:11] <@Vineroz> Am I being trolled?
[02:11] <tensu> did I ask you a damn riddle?
[02:12] <@Vineroz> no?
[02:12] <+Opsinis> That was funny/
[02:13] <tensu> There are three doors one leads to a kitchen one leads to a bathroom the third leads anywhere.. choose one
[02:13] <@Vineroz> I usually am not funny at all, but when I did something that is accidentally funny, it could be really funny.
[02:14] <tensu> Thats not a door... A meteor falls on your head, you die
[02:14] <tensu> Play again?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:46:02 am by killsdazombies »

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082845#msg1082845
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:11:32 am »
Spoiler for The core question:
[D]o you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why[?][...]

I definetly consider myself the best possible Master of Life for this Trials.

There are several reasons for this as you can see below, but if I had to explain it with one word, it would be: My versatility.

Initial note for readers:

I don't want to sophistically manipulate people into voting me. What I'd like you to do is the following: Check my list below. Do you think some points are irrelevant to judge the qualification of a master? Ignore them then. Just take the points you can agree on. Do you see my claims? Don't believe them, research for yourself. Was I actually that active? Do the other two competitors actually post nothing or almost nothing in certain sections of the forum? And so on. If you can say that I was right most of the time, and only then, please vote for me. Thanks.

Here is a detailed list on what I mean with that word and why I feel confident in the respective aspects.

1) PvP. Not only am I the most successfull PvP player in this Life Trial, I'm actually also the only one to not discard a certain kind of PvP. I play Leagues, Tournaments, Events - and, proving my affinity to PvP more than everything else due to the lack of rewards (including respect even, sadly) - also Duels and unofficial events like SHUT.

2) Activity.  I am by far the most active competitor here. While this is also true for the present, please remember the activity of every trialist before Trials were announced, as that is the amount of activity everyone will fall back to once this Trial is over and there is no title to lose anymore.  If you do so, you should come to a quite clear conclusion.

3) Social character.  I am proud to say that I consider myself the least 'elitist' competitor here. I'm constantly trying to help new players, I'm always available for a conversation or questions - regardless of the 'forum social status' of the person that wants to talk to me, which is less natural here than it should be.

4) Card Ideas & Art.  I am a passionate creator of cards as well as an even more active commenter on card ideas posted by other creative minds. The creation of new cards is what keeps every CCG alive, and thus the relatively low prestige of this Forum's CI&A section surprises me.

5) Active Creativity.  'Beat the Highscore!' #1 and 2 were created and hosted by me and have entertained lots of players so far.  I think BtH is known widely enough by now to let it speak for itself.

6) Pursuit of further improving this Forum.  This starts with small things like posting feedback regarding certain rules in leagues, tournaments or events as well as writing very detailed critiques of Brawl submissions to somehow reward the amazing participants there that put so much work into it, and goes on with own threads, for example whenever I feel that a certain injustice is done (For the most recent example, see my thread regarding prizes for WC in relation to events), or even threads suggesting a way for Zanz to make more money with Elements the Game without hurting it at all.

7) Emotional binding to Life.
a) Real life. Life is nature, and nature is my life. I'm at the botanic garden of my university almost every day. I read in the tropical greenhouse while listening to birds tweet and water run. I make my girlfriend mad with my constant, allegedly childish, wish to visit a zoo. Nature is one of the most important things for me in my life. I did not join this Trial spontaneously. This Element was made for me.
b) Magic the Gathering. I started playing MtG when I was about 10 years old, and guess what I played - yup. Green. Creature rushes, creature rushes, creature rushes. I didn't give a crap on the meta. I lost to blue control decks and white damage reduction decks, but I refused to let go of my green deck, a colour that people said was UP. Instead I did everything I could to erase it's weaknesses, and eventually was rewarded. Green is my colour. I knew it all along, and I will help it back to the place it belongs to - the top.

Spoiler for Jenkar's second question:
As a fan of oldschool Hip Hop, this one should fit - text wise beautifully linked to Life.

'The beat is rain for the sprout I plant / So that it germs and grows / Through tracks related with the colour green.'

Spoiler for Onizuka's question:

War: Yes and no. I'd be willing to general and would actually love to, however, what I want even more is for Life to kick ass. If, in order to do so, it required for me to only participate as a soldier, I'd also be willing to do so.

Brawl: Strangely worded question, as the Brawlmasters have already said that there will be a significant change. With this promise - without having to see the actual changes - I will lead Life in Brawl. I was absolutely stunned by Brawl #2's submissions and some minor technical faults really may not spatter such a great event's reputation.

Spoiler for Shrink's question:
What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sn 4sn 4sn 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 5c5 5cg 5cg 5cg 5cg 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 8pr

This is definetly my favourite Life deck at the moment, for several reasons.
1) I built this myself. Of course, AdrenaStaffs isn't new, but there are quite some vets who own 4+ Green Nymphs, yet I haven't seen this anywhere.
2) I managed to counter the BL meta with an almost mono Life deck. This is something noone has achieved yet, and I'm proud to not just be a Life player on paper, but actually using it in some of the toughest PvP challenges - and win. You can ask Dragonsdemesne, Vangelios or some other top contestants in BL - this deck is undefeated against the top challengers in this BL's season. It eats Grabbows, inter alia.
3) Due to the above reasons, this deck is more than just some deck for me, it is proof of what you can do with supposedly insufficently effective ressources (Here: Life cards) and embodies my affinity to Life.

Spoiler for Pella's question:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

It's not magic, really. You can assemble your team while already paying attention to people's usual online time, there is Titan Pad which helps so much - and by the way: I'm one of the most active players here and willing to do lots of work on my very own if I have to.

Spoiler for Chapuz's question:
Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?
Neither Helston nor killsdazombies are unworthy competitors, au contraire.

If I was forced to say something negative about the challengers:

Helston: Lacks some experience and/or success in PvP, especially 'hard' PvP (The stuff that gets rewarded with Mark/Nymph codes and thus has the most serious competitors, like Leagues & Tournaments). I believe he could also do that if he tried, but as a voter, I'd demand a proof that he is yet to deliver.
Helston is active enough for any duty, but not more beyond that - I miss stuff like socializing with the community, helping new players, creating threads that make the forum a better place, and so on.

killsdazombies: I can't say much about him as I didn't know him before he left, just since he came back - which directly leads me to my critique: In my opinion, no matter how great one's accomplishments were someday, if you lay down all your titles and leave the community and then come back someday, you can't just start where you left off. There are tons of new, yet active and contributing, players that don't know you, and they have every right for some fresh proof of your ability. This is my only 'problem' I have with killsdazombies.

All in all, I honestly think that whoever is the worse competitor out of those two (not including me due to obvious bias) could still be the very best competitor in Trials for certain other Elements, and that this voting does not have a 'wrong' choice.

Spoiler for Opsinis' question:
Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.
This is a question I like very much, because I have a strong opinion here: I would definetly prefer a master that is well-versed in Elements the Game only. I think this Forum, albeit of course being a really great place, sometimes forgets what it is based on. 

Spoiler for Opsinis' special question:
Marsu: What have you learned from willng, in regards to mastering the element of Life?

As I barely got to know him, I can't answer this question. Sorry.

Spoiler for Belligerence's first question:
[...] If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?
I would not switch, not a chance. If you have a look at my first war app, I even refused to join any other Element but Life there. And I actually banned Aether (Despite being a noob not worth the extra card back then, and despite Aether already being considered the strongest Element), simply because of my affinity to Life and my hate for Aether. While I think it's fine for other people to not only join their very favourite Element in War, when it comes to Trials, there really isn't a chance, and to be honest, I couldn't take someone serious as a potential Master that did so.

Spoiler for Belligerence's special question & bogtro's question:
Marsu: Wings is, in many cases, devastating to Life as an element. With very few ways around them, they pose a very dangerous, very real threat. If you could add a new card, or slightly modify an existing card, how would you cope with Wings? No permanent destruction/removal.

[...] Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.

The best answer is one that was typed before the question was asked.

Here is a creature card I created that manages to counter Wings, without being overpriced when the opponent does not play Wings, and - most importantly - fits Life's theme perfectly.

Spoiler for ji412jo's question:
Marsu: If actual marsupilamis were around you, and you would be the only one with access to them, what would you do? keep them? Kill them and eat them? Sell them? Kill them and sell the fur?
Oh, please. Who could ever do something bad to a friendly, furry marsupilami?
I'd learn it's language and play with it. Also, I might ask it to visit some members of this forum in real life when the next Trial starts, 'convincing' them to vote for me. :-)

Spoiler for rob77dp's question:
[...] Reveal to the voters your current maximum lift on the bench press.[...]

I barely know what a bench press is. I've never seen a fitness center from inside and don't plan to change that.

However, I can do about a dozen pull-ups with a body weight of 150 pounds - there are several ways to maintain (or create) a strong and healthy body.

Offline Helston

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Helston is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Usually reliably unreliable. Sometimes.
  • Awards: Silver DonorMaster of Elemental Locks (False Elements 2)Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082881#msg1082881
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »
Going to be keeping this post up to date with all the answers, if you want to cheat and just look here. I'm cheating anyway by quoting kdz's post so I've got all the questions easily =P

Spoiler for Warmaster/Master of Life question - first so everyone know's exactly what will be going on:
Helston: Make a choice: Master of Life or Warmaster? Why?
I'm staying on as a Warmaster for War 7. Thus, I won't be a General.

As to the actual question, the answer is Master of Life, hands down. When the post for more Warmasters was first made, I was very torn between either taking part in another War, or applying to be a part of such an important event. It was a very difficult decision to make, but I ultimately decided not to apply - I wanted to get a second War under my belt. Then, this happened:

Only one application received. Deadline is extended by a week. Don't let War die. Peace is boring.

I really wanted to be a part of the next War, but I figured that I'd do my bit and apply for the job. Two and a half weeks later I was sort of excited, and sort of disappointed that I'd gotten the job. Excited, because it's awesome and I can now spy on everyone all War long and leak secrets to whoever I want to win, but a little disappointed because I knew I wouldn't be taking part in the next two Wars at least (didn't exact want the position of Warmaster to become the Defense Against the Dark Arts of the forum, and if I wasn't staying we'd have 3 new Warmasters again).

The reason why I became Warmaster is because I love the event, but what I'd love more is to take part in it again. And being Master, along with everything else it entails (see will's question below), also means taking part in War and as a General no less.

Jenkar's question.
Spoiler for Hidden:
@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

Q1. Techincally no, I don't see myself as the best Master. That's because of the various aspects of being a Master, of which I think we've actually got three pretty even competitors. Marsu's made his name on the Beginner's Battle League stage, and can make some mean decks. Despite only using two decks against me, I was really quite impressed in our Trials match in Phase 2. kdz is both a former master, and the War General that managed to get Life to 3rd place, which speaks for itself really.

I'm a quiet person, and not the greatest PvPer around (although I don't do too badly), but I'd like to think I konw a lot about life thematic... uhh "feel" for want of a better word, as well as its strengths and weaknesses with regards to its design and the other element's designs. That and I've absolutely loved the element ever since will bought me at the War 5 auction.

Q2. Fun fact: all the music on my phone is from video games. I'll have the radio on in the car (generally listening to the rock station) and occasionally I'll listen to some more mainstream stuff, but if I've got my earphones in, it'll be video game music. Hence my choice, Showdown in Funky Town from Cthulhu Saves the World. It's fast paced, loud but not heavy, with just a hint of some desperation. Life is fast, in-your-face but not destructive, with just a hint of desperation.

Onizuka's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
No, I do not plan on serving as General. I'll be serving as a Warmaster. If I'm Master, I'll appoint a General and work as much as I can with them up until the beginning of the auction (the cut-off point we used for Jenkar last War).
No. Brawl isn't quite my thing (although I am starting to look into Competitions a bit more), and between Trials and Warmastering, I'm sated for large-scale Elements events.

Shrink's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialing:

so important to you?

At the moment it's a toss up between Adrenatitans and Adrenagels. They're both interesting adrenaline targets, and anything + adrenaline just makes for a fun deck. Both are CC-resistant, and while an Adrenaline'd Titan is pretty much the definition of terrifyingly scary, adrenalined Archangels are that much more consistent whilst having a similar feel.

willng3's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
Those three black words with the green glow and the life symbol below the Master's name.

Whoever wins the Trials carries those words around with them in everything they do in Elements until they lose the Mastership. They've shown themself well versed in that element, and the community has given their approval. When they post in either the CI&A or Deck sections, their opinion on their element should probably be listened to. If they join an event, watch out if they're given access to their Master'd element. They lead War, and at the start of every round each team hopes to be given as few Generals as possible (mostly due to the upgrade bonus, but it's better to face inexperienced opponents than experienced ones anyway).

It's a large symbolisation of that player's expertise in that element. And out of everyone, it's the newbs and lurkers - the potential new members - who notice it the most. And everything that person does is twice as important as it used to be, because they'll have such a large impact on those outside the community.

So yeah, those three little words, currently sitting beneath your name will.

P.S. WILLU!

Chapuz's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
Let's make them throw some mud,

@All trialers with 3 or more people in their trials element: Which of your competitors deserves the Master title the least?

*makes some popcorn and sits back*
I don't want to weasel my way out of everything, so I'm going to give a straight answer here. I've mentioned earlier that I think we're all evenly matched to make the best Master, but I think Marsu deserves it the least. I'm a devoted Lifeteer (and now I think I'll never use that word again), I came up against will in the last Trials, and I'd be going full out for War if I weren't a Warmaster. If kdz wins, he'll have shown he well and truly deserves it with his previous Mastership and successful General record. Marsu just doesn't have that experience. If he wins, he'll have deserved it too, but I'd have to argue it's a little less so than myself or kdz.

*This has nothing to do with Marsu's War 5 actions (or lack thereof), which has been well and truly forgiven and forgotten as just a newb thing.

Pella's Question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all:

Edit:  I left a word.
If I would be General, I'd go for players for whom that isn't a problem. One way or another.

What's more, I'm from Australia. If I'm having trouble coordinating time zones, then I'm really up Aether creek without a duo.

Drake's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trial participants in elements that have two participants and/or do not have a defending Master.  Do you think your chances at Master-ship have changed if you were in a full element with a defending Master?
Yes, because will. First of all, he was a vote magnet in Phase 2, which always tipped the scales in his favour for the final battle. Secondly, he was will. There's a reason he was Life master 3 times in a row and renowned as a good PvPer. It's really saying something when I can say I'm glad if I make it to the final battle that I'll be facing kdz or Marsu.

Opsinis's question
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialists:

Explain.
If by "Well-versed in the forum only", you mean similar to OldTrees, then that would be my answer. Why? See my answer to will's question. That Master of X title means a lot.

Justaburd's question.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Chirp? Chirp chirp trill chirp?
Yes.

Marsu's question.
Spoiler for Hidden:
To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

I'm not at all. I picked up my love for Life from my experience in War 5, with almost no association with it beforehand.

If you really want something, I am alive. That's a thing.

Batch 2

Spoiler for Belligerence:
Helston: Adrenaline is probably my favorite Life card. It couples well with a fair amount of creatures, and is, in my opinion, a really cool mechanic. Design a creative trio or quartet using Adrenaline, effectiveness doesn't matter.
My first attempt was something I've always wanted to do:
Spoiler for nothing like making Adrenatitans more OP:
55s 55s 55s 55s 55s 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5uu 5uu 5uu 5uu 606 606 606 606 606 606 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pl

Because if Adrenaline, Momentum and 50HP aren't enough, might as well throw in a Vampire too. Healing at 15HP per turn, or 17HP upped.

This felt like I was cheating though - all I did was take someone else's AW Trio and add in an extra element in there.

Spoiler for second attempt:
52p 52p 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5io 8pp

Aside from being quite fast, this also has the interesting CC option of Aflatoxin + Adrenaline. Aflatoxin even gives Grey Nymph is in that nice 7/8 atk sweet spot. And it can even get around that pesky Gravity Shield with some well placed Aflatoxins.

Using Nymph's Tears is really just cheating again, though.

Spoiler for third time's a charm:
595 595 595 595 595 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61r 61r 61r 61r 61r 8pm

Step 1: BB enemy creature
Step 2: PU enemy creature
Step 3: Adrenaline your BB'd creature
Step 4: Enjoy your 20+ HP Adrenaline'd creature

@All Trialists/defending masters:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

Yes. I play Elements because I enjoy PvP events, and Trials is one of the ones I like quite a lot. I'd go for Gravity, because OM NOM NOM + tl;dr + Titan + Pulvy + the rest of it is too good to pass up.

Spoiler for ji412jo:
Helston: I hate you I mean, Do you already have an idea in mind of who you would declare general if you become master?
I know some guys who could fashion you a particularly heavy pair of shoes haven't thought about this much since kev left, who was my no. 1 candidate at the time (seriously, watching Air this War was just insane). At the moment kdz and Marsu are on my list, for obvious reasons, but this is something I'll look into a lot more after Trials finish, assuming I end up as Master.

*sees the post below him* Zanzarino you Cheesy! At least I've got about 4 or 5 other questions to get to before I answer yours, but still. Curse your oily hide!

Spoiler for nensuru:
I limited myself to Armory cards here, for simplicity.

Interesting question nensuru. Although once I looked through the Armory, I was a little disappointed at the options I had. I found very little in the way of good Permanents and spells, and most creatures that would work well with Adrenaline or Mitosis were low on HP or had some other flaw (including venom-like Adrenaline restrictions). The card I found to be best, is Pierce | Pierce. Life duos fairly well with Air as is, but this helps alleviate one of Life's major weaknesses in one of it's better and more synergistic duos. It's also particularly good for rush duos, which is where this card would really shine anyway.

Spoiler for farscape:
To all  :life trialists:

Yes.

The Universe is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to the Universe. And in this vastness of space, the Earth is just a pale blue dot. That photo was taken from Voyager 1, 23 years ago, which is still so close to home we're not really sure whether or not it's left the Solar System yet. Logically speaking, there should be a hell of a lot of life out there in the galaxy, yet for some reason we haven't found any yet. While it's plausible, I think that it is exceedingly improbable that all life comes from earth.

Science is cool!

Spoiler for bogtro:
To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.
Ghost of the Forest (just to make it exceedingly clear what this is based off)
6 :life
7|4 (8|4 upped)
*I've excluded the elemental bonus for simplicity

So, in an element that lacks PC, adequate CC and CC resistance, I chose a vanilla creature. Why? Because Life can make duos to get each of those things relatively easily. Darkness duos provide PC, Fire all three of those qualities, Gravity, Aether and Light lend some CC resistance. What you might find when you're building a lot of these duos, however, is that you're having trouble balancing your Life quanta. Adrenaline and Mitosis are too specialised to be splashed into a lot of decks, or they just create a much larger vulnerability to CC, Heal and Druidic Staff are good cards, but they're very cheap and lack the card advantage many other elements' utility cards offer. Frogs and Cockatrices are very weak unupped, and the rest of the cards aren't really worth mentioning. That leaves Dragons, and filling the Life portion of a deck with Dragons (or Dragons and very cheap cards) rarely balances out well.

This card would almost do for Life what GotP did for Time (excluding Ghostmare) in unupped duos. In upped duos, it helps out Adrenaline, which can be faster with Horned Frogs than Giant Frogs. It helps round out Life's deckbuilding options in a very big way.

Spoiler for RR:
You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.

@Helston. What makes you think you'd make a good War General?

I'm not saying I'd lack gusto in War, but I really have no idea how well I would go.

Spoiler for Jen-i:
And more importantly - here's my rebuttal question, "What do you think is wrong with RR that he has to ask suck silly questions?"
Drop Bears

Spoiler for rob77dp:
To all Trialists:

Reveal to the voters your current maximum lift on the bench press.
Never done a bench press before. I am one of the weakest people I know. I will gladly lose to anyone (who isn't significantly younger than me) in an arm wrestle to prove this point.

Spoiler for Cheesy:
To Helston, specifically.

You said that you are not going to be General in War.  If you had the pick of any active member on the forums for your general (including defending masters, trials challengers, etc.).  Who would you choose as the best General for Life and why?

There are three qualities I think are particularly important for being a General in War.

First of all, a passion for your element. Without this, you're not going to look forward to War, you won't be looking forward to the challenges your element presents, and you won't enjoy the victories as much. First and foremost, everything on this forum is about a game, so it should be fun. Anything that isn't fun just won't be as worthwhile, and you're likely to do worse at it.

Secondly, a passion for being General. Aside from the fun factor, which also applies here, there is a lot the General does in War, and if you're not enthused about it, it's going to come out shoddy. And then you're not going to get anywhere.

Thirdly, War General know-how. War is about building a team, building a Vault, choosing exactly how you're going to play out your matchups, what to expect from other players and other teams, and trying to pick exactly when the other team is going to use a 33 card deck. As well as everything else.

At the moment, I think the best candidate is killsdazombies. Although I have by no means had a thorough look at my options (including kdz).

Spoiler for Tiko:
This time I'm having some trouble deciding on who to vote for in some of the elements, so I'm tossing the coin.

I don't know many of you trialists personally, and I don't have the necessary chat-time to actually get to know you better - I can look up both your ingame and forum "qualities" (which I did), furthermore, awards and staff positions aren't that impressive to me in case of mastership: So please, tell me about yourself, the person behind that avatar and hundreds of (well-planned) posts and quotes.

You're free whatever to answer, it may or may not be a deciding factor. Thanks.

Looks like one of the last questions is the introduction.

G'day everyone, I'm a 21-year-old university student from Melbourne, Australia studying Software Engineering.

I'm a bit of a quiet guy, but I do speak up when I think something's important, although I think I am a little too introverted (although having a few drinks can help with this =P). My other big vice is fair chunk of laziness - I've leave far too many things for the last minute, although it's something I'm getting a bit better with. That said when I do put time and effort into something, it shows.

I'm a crazy fan of Australian Rules Football; I go just about every time the Hawks play in Melbourne, and I've been interstate to watch them twice, too. In the summer I love playing cricket, and I'm almost completely terrible at it =P
I've been learning German for most of the last eight years (although the first few years it was pretty light, and I'm not learning it at the moment), and I've been over to the country twice. The most recent time, during the start of the last War, I did a language course in Berlin which was absolutely fantastic. Since then my German's been a lot better than it ever used to be. I love being able to speak a second language, and I've found Germany to be quite an awesome country, with quite a few awesome types of beer. I do need to do a proper Europe trip eventually, and there's quite a few other places in the world I'd like to visit.

Finally, I'm also big on video games (like most people here, I imagine). I'm almost entirely a PC gamer, particularly anything by Valve and a wide array of indie games (as you can see on my Steam profile). I've also clocked up a few hours in World of Warcraft in the past (and will probably get back into it at some point) and am currently getting stuck into Starcraft, although the Blizzard connection between those two is purely coincidental. My dream job would be to work at Valve (seriously, check out their handbook).

I think that's it. =D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:24:45 am by Helston »
[15:02:07] Jocko [ยป] Helston: You killed a bunch of bunnies with nuclear weapons

Offline Belligerence

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Belligerence is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Are you certain I'm alright?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1082937#msg1082937
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 06:51:38 pm »
Marsu: Wings is, in many cases, devastating to Life as an element. With very few ways around them, they pose a very dangerous, very real threat. If you could add a new card, or slightly modify an existing card, how would you cope with Wings? No permanent destruction/removal.

Helston: Adrenaline is probably my favorite Life card. It couples well with a fair amount of creatures, and is, in my opinion, a really cool mechanic. Design a creative trio or quartet using Adrenaline, effectiveness doesn't matter.

kdz: What exactly draws you to Life as element? In your opinion, what is Life's greatest strength? And, if you had to completely remove 1 card from Life (upped and unupped), what would it be?

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1083142#msg1083142
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 09:32:16 pm »
Helston: I hate you I mean, Do you already have an idea in mind of who you would declare general if you become master?

Kdz: You got life only to second place, think you can bring it to win war?

Marsu: If actual marsupilamis were around you, and you would be the only one with access to them, what would you do? keep them? Kill them and eat them? Sell them? Kill them and sell the fur?
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline nensuru

• Reputation Power: 5
  • nensuru is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Today is a great day to be alive!
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1083157#msg1083157
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »

EDIT: wrong place to post, sorry
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:34:40 am by nensuru »

Offline farscape

• Reputation Power: 5
  • farscape is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Emperor Crichton
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50068.msg1083272#msg1083272
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 05:27:04 pm »
To all  :life trialists:

blarg: