*Author

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg460366#msg460366
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:49 pm »
Create a nine and a half line poem in which you describe your liking of one of the following parts of life: Emerald Shield. Cockatrice. Gl1tch. Emerald Pillar.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg460367#msg460367
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:45 pm »
Create a nine and a half line poem in which you describe your liking of one of the following parts of life: Emerald Shield. Cockatrice. Gl1tch. Emerald Pillar.
Already answered one of your questions.  I render this one invalid.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg460590#msg460590
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 12:00:31 pm »
ak65ala and will both have a lot of respect from me. I voted for Will though, because last time they met he (barely) won.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg460680#msg460680
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 06:09:56 pm »
ak65ala and will both have a lot of respect from me. I voted for Will though, because last time they met he (barely) won.
Interesting.  Any specific reason for my omission and the implied disrespect?  Or is it just because we don't know each other?
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg460725#msg460725
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 08:51:12 pm »
Interesting.  Any specific reason for my omission and the implied disrespect?  Or is it just because we don't know each other?
I 'omitted' almost everybody I didn't vote for in all the Trials and said nothing about most of them except for the very close calls. I do not know much about you except that you went from Water to Life (impying not the biggest commitment to any element) and so I had no reason to say anything about you.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Bootsza

• Matey!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg460954#msg460954
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »
Cool - thanks for the reply.

I think it is big of you to be so open about your votes.  I can understand why people are not public with it too but I admire this sort of transparency and it will come into my reckoning for voting in Light.

Offline ak65ala

• ak65ala is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg462597#msg462597
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 06:56:20 am »
This... might be a bit late, but here are my replies to all of your questions.  I anticipate near to the same number of votes as trials #4, so, it is not like I can do much worse.

Q: “Suppose Life were to receive another card based on a vegetable. What would that vegetable be if you were given the choice to design it?”
Rhubarb.  It is such a weed in some of the places I have lived, but, oh so good in pie.  Mmhmm, pie.

To go a step further, I thought of a card which has some fun.

Rampant Rhubarb 1 :life
Creature, 0/1
Infest. Absorb :life per turn. 0: eat to gain 3/5 HP.

It would double each turn, like malignant cell.  When doubling, it would absorb a life quanta.  If you don't have the quanta, it dies.  You can choose to eat it, and gain HP.  The trick is to balance your patch of rhubarb without draining yourself of life quanta.  Would be a good creature to add into most rush life decks, since they run heavy on life after their initial few turns.
Do you feel :life as an element being more cruel or gentle?

What element you :life duo with less, and why?

Would you mind bringing me a song about :life?
Life to me is gentle.  I enjoy the healing side, the undying side.  I feel when life needs to kill, it is out of need, not anger or spite.  I just wish life in elements could heal stall better.

Time.  I mean, what synergies are there with life and time?  I have done a pharaoh deck with bonds, but beyond that, I just don't see them together, beyond needing that superiority strong eternity.

Lightning Crashes - Live (
)

Encapsulates life for me.  Good mellow song.
Q:"What happened with team life last war, not good enough strategy or life is really needing a new card/buff?"
There were a few things.  First, we were not very creative.  We tried to push our normal "strong" decks, and those were easily destroyed first round.  Second, due to our not so happy round one and two, after our dismal start, we were holding onto everything by the skin of our teeth.  You can't win a war with such a terrible start.  Third, the team disappearing during the Thanksgiving holiday.  I told my team, I was going to be gone, but when I came back, it seemed like everyone expected everyone else to complete the round decks.
ak65ala
You didn't win a single match during Phase II, yet you find yourself as the #1 Challenger simply because Bootsza has 0 Phase I points. This is your 3rd Life trials and PvP keeps failing you, what will you do differently this time in preparing for willng3? You were close to winning last Trials, but lost a game to an illegal deck. In War having an illegal deck can be disastrous. How did this error occur?
I agree with the criticism.  It is pointed, and true.  First, I will not need to build knowing willng3 will have such a huge upped card advantage.  As showcased in our final three battles, he could out rush me with very little effort.  Since the worst it can be is 14-23, I will have less to worry about.  (The worst is I don't participate in the final battle, which this, becomes obsolete.) Second, well, it all depends on the deck building rules.  Until those are posted, I have not even considered my decks yet.  No use spending effort where it might be wasted.

The illegal deck.  Since a year ago, my normal computer busted.  I have been using a little net book.  1 GB ram, no video card, 1.6 GHz processor.  It is slow.  To build a deck, I click... wait... wait... card pops up.  Each deck takes 5 min to import into the game.  That was 45 min for the nine decks.  Since the clicking is so slow, it is easy to either miss a card not added, or add too many since a double click is not registered for about 10 sec. 

Simply, I just missed counting that extra upgraded pillar when I went over them.  I built my decks and used them without triple checking, the night before our battles.  This time I will build them a day ahead of time and check after having a day not looking at them.  Should be even better to see errors at that point.
I am currently of the belief that in :life's current state, in the war setting, it is one of the weakest elements. Do you believe this as well? Honesty works well with me and i'm not asking you to sell me your element. With that said i admire you all for wanting to be master of this "underdog" of an element. When i first tried out for death, it was deemed one of the weaker elements as well.
Life is not the weakest.  Look at gravity or time last war.  Some people considered them weak, but with the right talent at the helm, they did fantastic.  I have always been the proponent that life can duo with any element and create a strong deck.  We just need to not be so predictable.  We just need a plan from the start.
what will you do diffrently this time around in war how will you try and counter the inactivity that plaqued team life? What element do you think best help's life beat two of the most strongest cards agiasnt it dim shield and wings, also what non life creature would you most likely use mitosis on and why build me a deck that is 50% life but doesnt use any life creatures but does use mitosis.
If I become master, I will lead.  I will have a plan and I will execute it.  I will allow talent from those entering my team flavor this plan, but we will know our plan and our direction.  We will push that plan and adapt, but having one person, leader, push forward the objective.  None of this, everyone gets to speak, then we mull, then we miss deadlines.  I will make my decisions for the team on time and for the good of the team, not for people's feelings. That does not win war.

Dim shield dies to: Momentum, out healing, PC, bolts, poison.  Wings dies to: flying creatures and the rest from dim shield.  The best dual element with life against these would have to be fire.

Voodoo doll.  Anyone bringing CC to use to counter mitosis will be saddened.  Only a lobotomy effect would help.

Going to be boring.  Already made a deck I like.  Scroll down here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,36558.msg490427#msg490427).
If you had to design 1 card that would make Life competitive in a war setting, what would it be? Do you think it is possible?
Either a card that adds pressure to life's killing power or a way to push out multiple creatures or a creature semi immune to CC.  I would go with an additional killing power, something that makes shields and CC worthless. 

Swarm 3  :life
Spell
Opponent is harassed by a swarm.  They take 2/3 damage per turn.  This is increased by 2 every time a creature dies.

Yea, not super unique.  It's a nerotoxin that increases upon creature death.  This would give opponents the option of "less damage now for more damage later?" and also reduce life's weakness to shields.
Boot and ak: You guys didn't fare so well against myself and the other Death challengers.  What do you think that your element lacks that allowed us to be so successful?
What we lacked? Good bans.  Seriously.  Death has two ways two kill: creature rush, poison.  Death has stalling capacity against creatures with plague, bone shield, skull shield and splash CC.  I couldn't rush due to the shields and I couldn't rush due to poison.  I couldn't stall due to the rush and I couldn't stall due to splash PC.  Your spider and wings, only weakness is PC, which is sooooo boring to splash.  And useless against bone shield and a rush. 

Willing3 obviously choose bad bans.  If he would have banned poison, arsenic to remove one of your killing powers, your spider to kill one of your best rushers (which of all of you death guy's decks DIDN'T use that bugger upgraded), bone shield to kill a defense, etc... but no.

In other news, I picked my decks for the sheer fun and unpredictability of it.  I played the same for all of you not out of limited creativity.  My entropy deck worked well.  My aflatoxin failed (still working on that one, 6 death cards did not help), my voodoo deck caught a break once, and aether frog rush is so predictable, it lost.  As expected.  This just confirms my earlier comments that life's problem is its unimaginative state of players.  I hope to shake willing3 with some fun if I make the finals. And the deck building rules allow it.
Gl1tch? Well, that's random.  Here is my quite hasty 9 1/2 line poem.  Think of music lyric poem, not like rhyming poem. Rhyming is for others.

I always wondered why the emerald pillar,
why that emerald pillar is so stoic and lonely?
He stands in the back, stands in the the back of the army
supplying life's creatures with their essential needs
supplying shields and staves and powers galore
and he just sits in the back.  Lonely.
If he could talk, he would tell us, I want to be in the front.
I want to be with the frogs and the chickens
the dragons, the scorpions and the spirits
Fighting.
I just wanted to add here, xdude I have a lot of respect for you as well.  When I was trying to find my element, back in trials #3, I was deciding between life and light.  Due to you being strong and honorable, and life needing a leader, I went to her loving arms.  I am not one to change my mind often, but I thought you'd like to know you are the reason I enjoyed light and you are the reason I fight for life.  Twas too bad ryan took your spot.  I hope to see you back at the head of light.  No offense root.  You're cool too.

Offline Bootsza

• Matey!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg462785#msg462785
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 07:13:21 pm »
Awesome haul of votes there, Willng3 - a worthy master!

Well done, ak65ala - a worthy challenger! 

:life is lucky to have both of you.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg462788#msg462788
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 07:18:33 pm »
Awesome haul of votes there, Willng3 - a worthy master!

Well done, ak65ala - a worthy challenger! 

:life is lucky to have both of you.
It was a pleasure having you here for these Trials, Bootsza.  Thanks for signing up and giving the last two Phases extra :life.

And thank you all for voting on my behalf yet again, it is now time for me to hone my skills in preparation for the next phase.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

anything
blarg: ak65ala