*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459724#msg459724
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:15 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

For reference, here are the 5th Trials Standings (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35936.0.html) and Phase 1 Submission (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,35922.0.html) threads.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459726#msg459726
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:28 pm »
Well, I don't feel like there's much else for me to say here that hasn't been said already in previous Trials.  I still love this Element, I still want to see it continue to progress and flourish in the approaching future, and I can't see myself feeling at ease in any other Element.

I didn't live up to my own expectations during War due to my own life unexpectedly taking over during that time.  Although I had high hopes that my team would have had my back in the event that such a thing happened, in the end it appeared we all just had our own things we had to take care of.  I had once believed that I would not be willing to lead another War as general, let alone participate in it at all, but I've started to have a change of heart lately.  I suppose that the final deciding factor lies in what changes are made to the next one as well as how my schedule looks during the next War.

But then again, my duties as Master are not solely based on War.  I'd be more than happy to serve as the "Boss" of Life should the Forum Brawl event ever start up in the future.

Although my performance in War didn't exactly reflect this (although War oftentimes doesn't in any case), I'm quite experienced with Life in PvP, I wouldn't have become a Master in the first place if this weren't true.  I feel that Life has a great deal of potential in PvP, but at the moment I'm discontent with the current situation surrounding its card pool.  You can read more about my thoughts here:  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,33547.0.html

You can ask me additional questions in private or publicly on this thread if you wish.  I can't guarantee that I'll respond to them as quickly as I used to, but I won't ignore it if it's directed towards me.  Regardless, I can assure you that a vote for me is not a vote wasted.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459757#msg459757
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:40:37 pm »
I arrived late to the trials and there is a very good reason for that.

Life is one of my favourite elements but it was only when I saw that there was only one challenger that I decided to join in.  It is a bit sad that Life has such a low popularity level.  I consider the success of past grinders like USEM and how the, now defunct, Top50 was perpetually populated by Life based decks and I become a little bit irritated.

I understand that the game is cyclic: elements rise and fall.  I understand that Life has some perceived weaknesses in PvP: the lack of permanent control and creature control is undeniable.  However, there are some obvious strengths to compensate for this.  Mitosis is one of the most exciting new cards.  The healing power is second no other element.  Adrenaline and the sexiest of all the nymphs supply one of the best forms of sustainable burst damage.

Life has a lot going for it and deserves better than just one challenger.  Willng3 is a community legend and has been a great general and Life is lucky to have had him.  I honestly believe ak65ala is a solid challenger and great PvP competitor, who has proven his commitment to Life over time.  I happily acknowledge that I am not the perfect candidate but I am here in the belief that competition raises the bar and forces us all to be better.   Life deserves better and Elements will be a better game when that happens.

I play for fun and pure enjoyment of the game :)  Trials has been a blast in my experience so far and I recommend it to anyone considering participating.  Phase 3 promises to be really exciting too and I am looking forward to all the questions.
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459766#msg459766
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 06:45:05 pm »
While this question will most likely not change who I'm going to vote for now, I figure I can still have a little fun with you Life guys. :3

Q: “Suppose Life were to receive another card based on a vegetable. What would that vegetable be if you were given the choice to design it?”

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459779#msg459779
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 06:57:06 pm »
Q: “Suppose Life were to receive another card based on a vegetable. What would that vegetable be if you were given the choice to design it?”
Well when I think of vegetable I tend to think of things that you would find at the grocery store/supermarket...but I think that an idea around something such as a pumpkin or squash might be interesting.  I could see it being given a "Vines" type effect which either negates permanents somehow or protects your creatures from harm.  If not, then a mechanic which heals creatures would also work; something like a Giant Pumpkin providing them with nourishment while in play.  And then of course you could go the jack-o-lantern route and have some kind of synergy with Fire.  I'm interested in reflecting on this further.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459802#msg459802
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:30:28 pm »
Do you feel :life as an element being more cruel or gentle?

What element you :life duo with less, and why?

Would you mind bringing me a song about :life?

There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459807#msg459807
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 07:41:50 pm »
Q:"What happened with team life last war, not good enough strategy or life is really needing a new card/buff?"
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline Bootsza

• Matey!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459812#msg459812
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »
While this question will most likely not change who I'm going to vote for now, I figure I can still have a little fun with you Life guys. :3

Hehe, an excellent question!

I desperately want to use Brussel Sprouts as my answer, but Life doesn't need another "grower".  I then wanted to use potatoes as some form of permanent control - think Steam Machine mechanics brought to PC.  Ultimately, I think of peppers as being vegetables (are they?!) and I think they would make a superb form of CC.

Hot.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459820#msg459820
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 07:57:26 pm »
If I had to choose I would say gentle, if only because I'm brought to mind the bond shared between parents and offspring in some parts of the Animalia kingdom.  But realistically I would prefer to go with "neither" or "indifferent".  Thematically, it's the reason why Life lacks what I would call "true control".  It doesn't concern itself with what the opponent is doing but instead tries to reach its goal as quickly as possible.  As such, its creatures are fast, but indifferent and could care less about the opponent's creatures or the opponent themselves.  It prefers healing over the destruction of creatures for the simple reason that it does not have a reason to care about them.  Thorn Carapace, the one form of control that Life possesses is also extremely passive and will only react on the condition that you are attacked first.  To me this seems to me a similar situation as can be found from observing a rose:  The flower itself has thorns to protect itself from predators or pests, but otherwise feels no sense of loathing/love for anything that crosses its path.  Its only concern is to live and to continue living.  I'll also note that oftentimes in the wild the act of killing itself is in itself neutral because predators kill out of necessity and not out of any form of hate or malice.
Fire.  Off of the top of my head I can only think of Adrenaline + Phoenixes and Epinephrine + Brimstone Eater + Fahrenheit/Fire Lance as the most direct synergies.  Firestall is of course a more common use, but Firestall itself is such a common deck build for all Elements that I would hardly consider it real synergy.  If I don't gain some type of synergistic thrill from playing with a set of Elements then I usually won't use it; it just bores me.
I'm forced to post the one that we used during War #4 for Team Life simply because I feel it fits so perfectly - Livin' On A Prayer (
&ob=av3e)

And another that I had also considered but didn't think would attract the most support from the community mainly because I'm pretty sure most people aren't as big a fan of rap as I am - Lose Yourself (
)I've already answered most of this in my very first post on this thread.  It was mainly due to inactivity in combination with a number of weaknesses that lie within Element (which I outlined in the link in my first post).  If the team isn't active, you have issues formulating strategies.  If the Element possesses multiple weak points then by attempting to counter one of those weaknesses you open yourself up to another weakness.  Simple as that.

Offline Bootsza

• Matey!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459827#msg459827
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 08:08:42 pm »
Life definitely has both characteristics but in the context of Elements The Game: "gentle" has the upper hand. "cruel" needs to be promoted more here  ;D

If I am understanding correctly, Earth.  I just can't make the duo work.  Even in my trials match against ak65ala when I wanted to use diamond shield, I ended up using animate weapon for half of the off element cards.  This is a pity.  Conceptually Life and Earth should go together very naturally.

You know how old school I am: Opus - Live is life.

It kinda fits well on my feelings about Life entering these trials.  Check out these sample lyrics:

When we all give the power
We all give the best
Every Minute of an hour
Don't think about a rest
When you all get the power
You all get the best

Offline Bootsza

• Matey!
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459829#msg459829
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 08:11:24 pm »
Q:"What happened with team life last war, not good enough strategy or life is really needing a new card/buff?"
I agree with willng3's answer to this. 

Inactivity is the number one enemy of any War team.  It is something that has affected many other elements in War...

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36647.msg459964#msg459964
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 11:40:42 pm »
The following questions/comments will be sharp and pointed. They may hurt your feelings, but they are meant to help me and the community see how you handled adversity and tough questions. So, don't take too much offense to it, I'm gonna be grilling everyone. Also, I don't hate any of you, it's just my RL interviewing being used for the community vote. :D

willng3
Two of Life's greatest weaknesses are Dim Shield and Wings, yet a lot of the decks you brought during War were weak to these two cards. People aren't gonna play nice just because your Life. So no complaining afterwards... what WILL be changed this time?

ak65ala
You didn't win a single match during Phase II, yet you find yourself as the #1 Challenger simply because Bootsza has 0 Phase I points. This is your 3rd Life trials and PvP keeps failing you, what will you do differently this time in preparing for willng3? You were close to winning last Trials, but lost a game to an illegal deck. In War having an illegal deck can be disastrous. How did this error occur?

Bootsza
Do you want to be Life Master, or did you just join to make there be two Challengers?

anything
blarg: willng3,ak65ala,Bootsza