*Author

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg378968#msg378968
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:56 am »
One of Life's greatest difficulties is it's lack of control.

In your opinion, what is the best method to get around this difficulty?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg379099#msg379099
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 03:35:21 pm »
Usually it's just rushing and spamming creatures.  Unless it's a deck like Firestall, most decks are going to have a problem with Cockatrice and Frogs getting played on the field each turn.  If you can actually manage to work Mitosis into this mix as well then that increases your chances of success as well.  Not much of a reason to be concerned with control if you can just breeze through the opponent.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline ak65ala

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ak65ala is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg379457#msg379457
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 03:05:04 pm »
One of Life's greatest difficulties is it's lack of control.

In your opinion, what is the best method to get around this difficulty?
You're looking at it wrong.  Life has plenty of control, it is just not what one considers 'control'.

First, when facing life, you have to be aware of its rush capabilities.  You will have fast, strong creatures to deal with.  They will keep coming.  Unupped, I can kill you in just 5 turns with mono life^.  Just there I have caused you to modify your deck.  You have to deal with that problem, otherwise you will die.  Life exerts enough pressure with its creatures that it sinks you into only a few responses.  Then, life can modify itself, sprinkling in any* card from any element to once again exert pressure enough to take you down.  In essence, since we do have limited options, we have a much more predictable meta-game, and can control you through those means.

Secondly, life controls the most important recourse you have, your health points.  Once again, most people look at this wrong.  Healing alone has never killed someone (besides decking them, but they did not die) but we do not design within a vacuum.  If I can control how much life I have, how much damage you must do in order to kill me, I set the pace.  It is extremely frustrating to think you have your opponent on the ropes... BAM! 20 HP more.  Now you are 2 turns away.  Again, this has never killed anyone, so as a user of life, you must pair your control of your own HP with removing your opponents. 

A balance of defense (healing) and offense (creatures) can deal with a very large array of problems.  It is only when you limit your deck's capabilities for speed that life comes into problems.  Alas, no one can do everything, the same is true with life.  We can just do a lot more than you think and a lot more than you are prepared to deal with.

^Ideal circumstances. 
*Some cards are more beneficial then others.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg379585#msg379585
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 09:02:54 pm »
Welp that's the last bit of questions I can answer.  I will be gone for about 8 days with 0 internet access and therefore will look forward to engaging in the final battle when I return.  Many thanks in advance for those who support me and continue to support me during these Trials.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Offline ak65ala

• New to Elements
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg379634#msg379634
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 11:15:50 pm »
Welp that's the last bit of questions I can answer.  I will be gone for about 8 days with 0 internet access and therefore will look forward to engaging in the final battle when I return.  Many thanks in advance for those who support me and continue to support me during these Trials.
And then there was one....   8)

Offline ak65ala

• New to Elements
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg380689#msg380689
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 01:07:10 am »
Updated my first post of the thread with a fantastic thank you 'speech'!

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg382860#msg382860
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 12:20:36 am »
Back!  I'm honestly surprised that I accumulated so many votes; onward to the final battle!

anything
blarg: