*Author

Offline kevTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377663#msg377663
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:42 am »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377670#msg377670
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:50:22 am »
Third time posting this.  Have mercy on me kev D:

If you’re reading this post then I’m assuming you still are not sure of who to vote for in the Trials of Life.  I therefore will not bother to summarize any of this post as I believe that you, the reader, would benefit from what I have to say.

Well.  Once again I find myself standing before the community, waiting to see how I am judged as the next potential Master of :life.  It’s been a long journey for me to get where I stand (or sit) today, but I’m confident that this long, perilous road was set in place before me to prepare me for these Trials and the mission ahead.
   But first, a glimpse into me as a person:  who is willng3?  Well, on the forums most know me by what I comment on and by my various titles which I have acquired as I continued to integrate myself with this community and Elements the Game itself.  A personal trait of mine which I always find interesting is that as my number of responsibilities increases, my desire to address those duties and see that every responsibility that is placed upon my shoulders is taken care of promptly increases.  I become frustrated when my progress is inhibited and even after a task’s completion am constantly in search of ways to improve my latest submission.  Now, I believe that this trait of mine is critical towards the title of Master as it means I would take this duty very, very seriously.  I can be a kind person or I can also be very short with people depending on how they address me or others around them; if you don’t consider me as your equal then I’m likely not going to think very highly of you.  I’m a firm believer that you earn respect through actions rather than personal appearances and words, and since this is the internet we’re talking about, actions are all I have to judge people with.  I try to be helpful when I can, but that help isn’t always made visible to the public.
   This is my second time taking part in the Trials of :life, and I have been doing everything within my power to improve my chances of not failing a second time here.  During the 3rd Trials of :life I started off strong; I finished all of my designated tasks during Phase 1 and finished with plenty of time remaining to prepare properly for the next Phase.  Phase 2 was nothing short of a disaster for me.  Without being able to win a single matchup my chances looked slim for making it to the final battle, but nevertheless I put forth my full effort to better my chances during Phase 3 and came out with an end result of 1 vote short of being eligible for the final battle.  It would be pointless for me to say that I wasn’t discouraged by this outcome, but sometimes I can’t help but believe that everything happens for a reason; I believe this reason was revealed during War #3 and what I would take away from the Event itself in return.
   My PvP experience is admittedly not extraordinary, but I do consider myself very skilled in the game nevertheless; I must have picked up something during the time it took me to gain almost 800k score, right?  There are certain aspects of Elements which can be very luck-based and thus far I can’t say that my luck has been on the positive side for the majority of my time playing this game.  Some of this classic behavior was demonstrated during the last Trials, but admittedly I believe there’s always a way to counteract that luck with enough predicting and player skill.
   My War experience, which most consider a very important trait in candidacy for being an excellent master, I would say is greater than most would be able to claim.  I have served in War 2 (Team Life) and War 3 (Team Aether) where I was able to watch as my teams ascended to 3rd place and 2nd place respectively.  I would never be so bold (or foolish) as to say that the reason for my team’s success was because of my existence on that team, but clearly this shows that I’ve learned how to become successful in War and tricks of the trade to give my team the best chance of winning possible.  I strongly believe in a strong sense of unity within a team in order for it to become successful and not fall to pieces and will use that to drive my goals and aspirations both before and after the War itself.  After watching Team Life’s performance during War #3 firsthand, I have no intention of allowing someone else to serve as a General in my place if I become Master of Life.
    Life has always held a special place in my heart ever since I began to experiment with the element itself.  I consider myself a defender of the weak and wanted to understand why people perceived :life as such a weak element.  I find the element itself exhilarating and full of surprises.  Sure it may not be the most powerful PvP element, but its card pool works well to adapt to any number of circumstances and makes it a wonderful synergistic counterpart for almost any other element.  I will admit that some of my element’s balancing and card pool don’t completely satisfy me, not necessarily because I believe them to be inferior to other cards but rather because I feel their power is hindered and their utility is limited for reasons I can’t understand.  The most recent :life card, Mitosis, is one such example that I feel is unable to reach its full, perfectly balanced potential for unknown reasons.  I want to see this element receive the proper respect it deserves and that respect isn’t limited to War, PvP, or even the card pool itself.  People are always entitled to their opinions, but my belief will always stand:  There is nothing inferior about the Element of :life.

And lastly a few miscellaneous in game facts in case you’re interested:
Score:  793,888
Upgraded cards:  All, 18+ copies of every Pend/Tower/Pillar of each Element
# of wins:  27784
# of losses:  6541
Electrum on hand:  53186 (and constantly rising of course)
-Standings- (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,28891.0.html)
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline ak65ala

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ak65ala is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377710#msg377710
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:50:05 am »
With only an hour left, I wanted to add this thanks to all those who have supported me through this phase and to all those who posed such great questions.  I hope that through my answers I have shown you that I have the ability to be a worthy master of life.  Now everything else lays in my own hands.  May the best one win.

I will keep this short and sweet and spare you all a wall of text.

You are voting for the best master of life.  You are also voting to whom will receive the most upped cards in the final battle.  I was not expecting my lack-luster performance within the first two phases would still allow me to participate within the final battle, but I have the fortunate ability to do just that.

Willng3 has me beat in many areas:
  • Score
  • Upgraded Cards
  • Forum Posts & Involvement
  • War Record
I will not deny that he would make an excellent master of life.  I would be fooling myself if I said otherwise.  What I believe is that I will be better.  I ask you to vote for me for the following reasons:

• I know I will be a better master and also believe I am a better duelist then Willng3. (I have the utmost respect for his skills)
  • Willing has enough responsibilities. I will be able to focus solely on my mastership, championing life with exceptional vitality.
  • I just plain want this more.
I appreciate every one of your votes.  If even then I lose this phase, I will not be discouraged suffering another rout by Willng3.  I have been given the opportunity to fight him in the last battle and will do so with however many upgraded cards the community allows me to use.  Know this, whomever goes on to become the master of life, we have earned it: willng3 with his amazing performance within these trials, or myself with being able to compete in the final battle with a severe handicap and still leave victorious.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377753#msg377753
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:13:44 am »
Since you both already posted your speeches about why you either one of you is 'the better' master...

Q: “Speaking of Gratitude (since the SoG or Shard of Gratitude will benefit Life users in some way), from the time here on the forum, what’s the one thing that you’ve appreciated most from the Elements community and/or game? It can be anything that happened in terms of forum events, people, etc.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377759#msg377759
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 05:25:08 am »
I think the first thing that really made me appreciate this community was its helpfulness and friendliness towards newer players.  The last MMORPG I had been involved in had a very distinct form of elitism and shunned newer players completely.  Oh sure they'd point them to the wiki and say have fun, but there was no real desire to connect with anyone who wasn't on their level.  This community is different.  We provide the help, we mentor, and we establish what I would like to call friendships in return.  The developer himself is kind and takes the time to actually listen to what the community says which I like to think is reflected by us in return.  It makes me happy to see other forum goers want to aspire to be as helpful as those who preceded them and looking back I smile as I realize that that person carrying those dreams used to be me.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377854#msg377854
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:39:13 am »
As it's just two challengers left, do you think that upped cards, skill or deckbuilding will be the most important factor in the final battle?
Explain.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377994#msg377994
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:23 pm »
That's difficult to answer because I've always said that deckbuilding requires a certain degree of skill in order to master.  That being said, I would have to go with skill since I believe that 1) The two of us will be fairly evenly matched in terms of upped cards for the final battle and 2) If one of us doesn't possess the skill to build a good deck and use it at the right time, then surely that person will fall.

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg377998#msg377998
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 03:42:49 pm »
My task:Create an original life(50%) stall.

Edit:I think upped is easier to make,but i like unupped too.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg378009#msg378009
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »
I honestly don't know how original this is, but I had devised it for some PvP Event in the past and never had a chance to use it:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5bs 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c2 5c3 5c3 5c5 5c5 5de 5de 5de 5de 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5li 5li 5li 5li 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 8pq

I'm not a fan of stalls and this one's pretty boring as a consequence.  It's basically just heal, heal, heal then deckout.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg378010#msg378010
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »
Life is known for having a lack of PC to compensate for it's rush abilities (e.g. Frogs), as well as a lack of CC. Do you feel Life's strengths compensate for it's weaknesses in the Elements Metagame?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg378019#msg378019
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 04:17:13 pm »
Since the Metagame seems to be fairly centered on rushes (more specifically Rainbow rushes), I don't think that a lack of PC is detrimental to Life's success as a whole.  We possess one of the (if not the) fastest mono-rushes in the game.  Immorushes and the like are extraordinarily fast, but have several cases where they fail to launch and as a consequence can easily be rushed over.  Heals can also be thrown in to compensate for bigger sources of damage.  Firestall is a different story...I do feel like that deck has the ability to counter almost everything (unupped) Life has to offer, but that's where duo counterparts come into play.

Offline ak65ala

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ak65ala is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: 4th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29694.msg378027#msg378027
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 04:26:51 pm »
Since you both already posted your speeches about why you either one of you is 'the better' master...

Q: “Speaking of Gratitude (since the SoG or Shard of Gratitude will benefit Life users in some way), from the time here on the forum, what’s the one thing that you’ve appreciated most from the Elements community and/or game? It can be anything that happened in terms of forum events, people, etc.
The one thing I have most appreciated within this community are all our loyal members.  I have been within a few different gaming communities, and loyalty is the hardest thing to find.  People split when the going gets rough.  My gratitude goes out to all those who work here every day, for no compensation, just because they enjoy the people and want something nice for their community.  All of your effort is not in vain, I for one am deeply thankful for every minute you put into this place to make it great.

As it's just two challengers left, do you think that upped cards, skill or deckbuilding will be the most important factor in the final battle?
Explain.
It will be a combination of deckbuilding and skill.  Whereas I do believe upped cards will present a distinct advantage, once you reach a certain number (between 6-12) all you gain from further upped cards is speed.  The first 6-12 are what really change your deck from un-upped to upped.  Since both of us will be using over 12 upped cards, the remainder after this number will just speed up the battles.

Where the true test will lay is how well we can understand life's strength/weaknesses and how well we can read our opponent.  Our decks must be built so as to expose a weakness in life's arsenal, or exemplify one of life's strengths, or even a combination of both.  Titanium shield, for example, disrupts a majority of life's damage potential.  Adrenaline and all creatures save our dragon and our spirit are severely hampered by that one card.  That is playing against our weaknesses.  Using a frog+adrenaline+explosion deck plays towards our strengths, namely our speed.  Damage quick before the defenses are up and a simple way to overcome those defenses. 

In a majority of situations, the outcome of our duels will rely on what deck we play.  Explosion against a rush deck is useless.  Fire Shield against a dragon deck is insubstantial.  Upped rage potion against upped dragons is a major card disadvantage.  We must choose our decks for both their solid construction, as in their ability to do well against a large subset of decks, and their ability to disrupt our opponents chosen strategy.  The one during the final battle that can prevail in this meta-game will win the whole thing.

blarg: willng3