Poll

Who is most worthy to be the next Master of Life?

dawn to dusk
3 (6.8%)
mathman101
11 (25%)
willng3
25 (56.8%)
killsdazombies
5 (11.4%)
None Worthy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: June 06, 2016, 01:12:44 pm

*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234371#msg1234371
« on: June 01, 2016, 01:12:44 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most as THE representative for their element.  If you do not have any preference for who should be Master, or cannot decide between the candidates, please select the "None Worthy" option. 

To help you make the best decision possible, feel free to ask the candidates questions.  Both challengers and defending Masters ought to answer the questions in this thread (and in the General questions thread) to help the voters make the best possible choice.  Please put all your answers in a single post (employing spoiler tags is recommended).  Also, challengers should include in that post a link to your Phase 1 submission post.

Questions and answers may begin now that this topic is posted.
Voting will begin when the polls are up at the official start of Phase 3.
Phase 3 ends when poll expires.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:16:58 pm by Zawadx »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234399#msg1234399
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:05:19 pm »
Reserved for Answers and Stuff.

Here is my Challenger's Phase 1 submissions

Answers Below will be updated when possible:

Spoiler for Jenkar:
@All : Analyse your performance in trials so far (both phases) in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)

In Phase 1, I looked at and analyzed some of the current cards in "Task #1 Mastering the Cards", I suggested a potential tournament idea in "R=Task #8 Starting Your Own Little War", and I battled in out with my opponents in "Task #7 Waging War against your Enemies". I feel that my card explanations were complete as I looked at 1 of each creature, spell, and permanent, and did my best to explain as much as I could about each and a few key synergies that they each have. Regarding the tournament idea, I fell it was a nice idea, and the life based deck was a nice one showing off one of Life's key duos ( :water utilizing Forest Spirits).

For my Phase 2 battles, I think I did ok, but definately have done better! My element choices were ones that I knew had strong synergies with Life, and that I felt strongly about making decks for regardless of PC or CC. I know that I still have to work on my mindgating as a few of my decks would have worked well against other decks but I had just chosen the wrong time to use them. The main thing I am happy with is that I am slowly becoming better every trials as I did much better this time than I did last time; Trials 9 = 8-16 (33% win rate), Trials 10 = 10-14 (42% win rate). [still not great but ever so slowly improving]

Spoiler for Afdarenty:
For players that have already been Masters, how do you think you did? Are there things you are planning on doing differently if you become a Master again?

And some questions for all trialists:
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the War General?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the Brawl Boss?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, what are your goals? What is the minimum that you could achieve that you'd look back on and say 'Yes, I did a good job there'? Please be realistic.

Yes, I would love to General War if I became Master, however I am going to be WM this war and thus will be unable to be the General this war.
Definitely I would be Brawl Boss if I was the Master, I had loads of fun being Brawl Boss last Brawl and can't wait for that experience again (either as a Boss again or just as a participant).
Goals if I become Master would be something along the lines of just continuing to show support of life and helping others with understanding Life's strengths and weakness and how it can duo well with other elements. Realistic achievements that I think I could achieve as Master would be to finish the Overview of Life d2d had started a few years ago.

Spoiler for Submachine:
For all trialists for all elements:

- How would you represent yourself in a comic if you wanted to be recognized, but without saying anything in the comic? Describe your looks.
- How would you represent your element's "essence" as a character in a comic? Would it have a gender? Describe its looks.

For myself, I would probably go with something simple like a frog as that has been my main avatar for the last few years (only changed briefly during Trials 8 in response to a questions request).
For the element of Life, it is known for the many cheap and useful creatures it has as well as some minor healing on the side, so for Life the best way to draw it in a comic would not just be a single character, but a horde of some sort. A horde of something; people, animals, EtG creatures, just something in a cluster to show the strength in numbers and how it relates to :life.

Spoiler for CleanOnion:
-snip-

My question is as such: What's your favourite idea?

Favorite idea, now that is very vague and could relate to anything but I will try my best. How about the idea a large triple fudge Sundae with extra toppings, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, cherries, banana slices, crushed peanuts, and some sprinkles to finish it off. Yum!

Spoiler for CleanOnion:
MoL applicants: A crethalid is a kind of animal/plant/organism. Tell me what it is, and tell me about its role in its ecosystem.

For this I have to apologize but I do not know what it is, nor could I find it anywhere on google by the current spelling you gave. The closest I found to the word you spelled was "crotalid" which is a type of snake family.

Spoiler for ji412jo:
Call me unoriginal but what actually interests me is the same question i asked in air

Could you link me a song that represent you personally?
One that represents life as an element?
One that represents life itself?

For myself personally, I think I would go with this song as it describes the way I feel about EtG quite well. I have not left this community, and do not plan on leaving or giving it up anytime in the future. Also the 70s/80s style music is one of my preferred genres of music so this fits right in that niche of my song enjoyment.

Life as an element would need a song that is fast paced to stimulate adrenaline, but would also need something slightly soothing to compliment life's healing effects. Also what is life without its well known frogs, so I will go with this song.

One that represents life itself would have to encompass in someway everything about life, and the many things that occur during it. This song could work well for that, as it talks about the way people are always trying to do better no matter how much they fall or make mistakes. And also taking time now and then to enjoy a good drink!  ;D

Spoiler for Aves:
War is a big part of being a master. Traditionally, life hasn't fared so well there. What decks do you think have made life's job the most difficult? How do you plan to address these issues?

There are many decks that have helped send life to the bottom, but I don't think it is the deck more than the mindgating that needs to be done. The best way to avoid this is to test decks more, and try if possible to build decks that counter more than one type of potential deck the opponent would be bringing.

And for the deck, Yes! nicely made, and lots of fun  ;D

Spoiler for Heman:
(all)
If you become a Master o Life and then a General War, are you gonna choose me as a member of your army ?

If I would become General of War for Team Life (please note I am unable to General this War due to WMing), I would definitely look first at those who have shown a desire and bond to the life element. After that, I would also look at those have prior experiences with war as well as other PvP experiences and how well they placed in those events. So far you have shown that life is your favorite element and you have some loyalty to it by choosing it in another event (Budokan), so you would be in the tier among those who also favor life.

Spoiler for Discord:
Lyfe trialists! If one of you wins trials, and becomes brawl boss, what would you name your team?

I would probably do some sort of pun or play on words at something Life related. Last brawl the team name I had chosen was switched about 4 times from my original thought, and only was chosen the day the BMs needed a name.

Spoiler for dark ripper:
Hello people! Imma ask some "getting to know you" questions.

1.For everyone: Is the element you are trialing for your favourite element? if its not then which is and why didnt you trial for it? If it is then which is your 2nd favourite and would consider trialing for it next time if you dont win these trials?

2.For everyone: Do you value higher the general of an element in war or the element itself? (for example your favourite element is  :underworld but STANDIN became the master of  :rainbow would you want to join the great master STANDIN or your favourite element no matter what general it has?)

3. For everyone: On the other side of the coin. As a general yourself, would you value higher more active players that may not hold your element as their favourite or players that have your element as their favourite but arent so active-or there are other problems-?

4. Masters Only: how would react if you had the lowest votes out of everyone in phase 3?

5. Challengers Only: assuming you make it to the finals. How would you react if the master didnt draft you in the coming war?(considering you want to be in the same team)

6. Last question for everyone: Why do you want to win trials? Why do you want to be a master?

thank you. kthxbai

1 - Yes :life is indeed my favorite element. My second favorite would probably be :death. If I did not win life trials I would probably return to life next time as that is currently a personal goal of mine to achieve the Master of Life title at least once no matter how long it takes, but who knows maybe after I have achieved the Master of Life title once I might attempt to go for another elements Mastership.

2 - For me I value the element more than the General. I have played in 4 wars with 3 different Life Generals, but all loved life and each did their best to bring life to the top. For myself joing war is about representing an element, not just playing under the strongest, most liked, or your own personal favorite General.

3 - As a general active strong players are definitely good to have around for winning matches, but sometimes elemental devoted players will know more tricks of the trade better and thus would be my preference to have on my team.

4 - N/A

5 - Even if I had not made it to the finals I would be surprised by the Life General if I was not chosen. I have participated in 4 wars on team life and hope that my experience and dedication to life would give me a spot on the team. (however I know I will not get picked this war due to WMing)

6 - Similar to a part  of my answer in your first question, but one of my goals while on this forum is to get the Master of Life title at some point.

Spoiler for Justaburd:
Chirp trill chirp chirp?

Warble?

P.S. Really more for the challengers: What do you think you'll do better than the current master?

Ribbit, ribbit, croak!

Spoiler for Aves:
If you become/remain master, who is going to be your favorite minion?

My favorite Minion would probably be this guy.

Spoiler for Minion Choice:
  :P

Spoiler for Higurashi:
To all: How has your favorite element affected your life?

If you're not in Trials for your favorite element, let me know so I know whom not to vote for.

The element of :life has affected my life in a generally positive way. I continually have new appreciations for life and living things be them animals, humans, or plants and vegetation. I now think twice before stepping on a bug, or pulling weeds out of the garden.

(No worries here, Life is easily my favorite element  ;) )

Currently 13/13 Answered
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:13:51 pm by mathman101 »
something....something....something.....

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234461#msg1234461
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 05:30:54 pm »
Screw an intro, let's answer some questions!

Spoiler for Jenkar:
@All : Analyse your performance in trials so far (both phases) in a critical manner. Where did you go right? Where did you go wrong? What would you change if you could? You have 4 hours. (if someone wants me to answer this, pm)
For phase 1 I don't have any complaints about my performance aside from maybe my shard design and create a tournament idea submissions, which is mainly because I don't feel like my ideas for those two submissions were as creative as they should have been. However, I still feel like I put more effort into all of my tasks than my opponents which is certainly where I feel that I went right.

For phase 2 the portions where I went right were with my Elements chosen by my phase 1 tasks and with my deckbuilding overall. The Elements that I chose may not have had the most synergy with Life but they were (mostly) Elements that I felt threatened Life more than the others that I could have chosen. Most of the games where I lost were due to using the right deck but at the wrong time, with a few losses also being due to just abnormal RNG. I'd really only be disappointed by my deckbuilding during this phase if I had built a deck that was starving for quanta every time it was used or had essentially dead cards in it versus every opponent, which really never seemed to happen. I definitely wish that I had listened to my own gut instinct more often during these games, as there were numerous cases where I had the right deck in mind for what my opponent(s) used during a game but elected to use a different deck instead for reasons that were equally valid. Unfortunately I feel like people seem to see a 3-1 score result and automatically assume that the loser was clearly the inferior PvPer, which I don't feel is true for both myself and all of my opponents. If I could change things, one thing would obviously be to use the other decks that I had in mind during the games that I lost but I also really should have been more aggressive with my use of Fire during my matches, as I refrained from using Fire during every game for reasons that were non-issues when looking back.

Spoiler for Afdarenty:
For players that have already been Masters, how do you think you did? Are there things you are planning on doing differently if you become a Master again?

If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the War General?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the Brawl Boss?
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, what are your goals? What is the minimum that you could achieve that you'd look back on and say 'Yes, I did a good job there'? Please be realistic.

I had a lot of ups and downs as far as how I believe I did previously as a Master is concerned. I was extremely naive during my first "term" while the following two mainly involved me looking at my own Element more realistically and thinking about not only how it falls short in all forms of PvP in great detail but also in how Life could be improved by zanz during each update. My relationship with Life as a Master can most easily be summarized by what it feels like to fall in love: At first, you may be head over heels for your girlfriend/boyfriend and believe that they are perfect, but over the years you come to realize that he/she has several flaws that detract from your image of perfection. This doesn't necessarily mean that you love them any less, it simply means that you've come to love and accept them for who they are and not what you want or expect them to be. I suppose I should have been more vocal and adamant about the things that I felt needed to be changed in order to get zanz's attention but between confrontation not being something I'm particularly good at as well as having some of the most vocal Life supporters disagreeing with me about their Element being flawed nearly every inch of the way, things remain as can be seen now. In light of the fact that Life has never placed particularly high in War under my lead as well as having no major changes take place during my terms as Master, it's hard for me to believe I did particularly well as a Master as I don't know what else I would use to gauge myself otherwise. I'm unsure of what exactly I would do differently aside from continuing to do what I thought and still think is right while also refraining from doing what I personally believe is wrong.

As far as acting as War General is concerned, I'm somewhat still conflicted. As much as I personally believe that a Master should also act as General of their Element during War, I have to accept the fact that 1) I've already acted as General thrice for Life and did not make any significant progress in regards to rankings during that time, 2) Though I certainly agree that every single member (including myself) of our previous War team could have done more to prevent us from placing as lowly as we did, I still feel that the most recent changes to War (mainly the inclusion of Shards) have only increased the gap between the top tier and lower tier teams, the latter of which Life is categorized. I'm leaning more towards having my answer here be "Yes, I will be a War General" but ultimately the changes that are made to the next War's rules could cause me to change my decision.

I'll give Brawl Boss a go though I'm nervous about doing so simply because I've both never done it before and I've also really never followed Forum Brawl. It'll basically be as much of a learning experience for myself as any newer forum members that may find themselves on my team.

It's hard for me to set goals for myself in this area mainly because I know that some goals (such as winning War) would be ridiculously overeager and I'm someone who prefers to be logical and realistic about these types of things. With zanz also being indefinitely AFK, I don't exactly feel obligated to suggest card changes as I previously used to do. So I guess my goals at this point are to carry out my basic responsibilities as Master as much as possible while also representing Life during PvP Events, though I've already elected not to participate in Budokan mainly because I didn't want to be the one to deprive Math of his Tier A position while also believing that aiming for anything less than Tier A would be self-demeaning and wouldn't exactly reflect well on my voters' perspective of myself during Trials.

Spoiler for Submachine:
For all trialists for all elements:

- How would you represent yourself in a comic if you wanted to be recognized, but without saying anything in the comic? Describe your looks.
- How would you represent your element's "essence" as a character in a comic? Would it have a gender? Describe its looks.
Well, the choice that seems obvious for myself given my reputation over the years as Master of Life would be to have myself be represented by a frog. It needs to look kind of crazy though, with weird eyes that kind of look like they were taken from the hypnotoad. It'd also never be able to sit still.

Life would be represented in a comic as that one super overly-excited, peppy female that you swear has been injecting herself with coffee but you can't find any evidence supporting it partly because she never sits still long enough for you to check her arm(s) for needle marks. She seems extremely odd and partly insane at first but as you examine her actions more and more you see that her actions have some kind of positive effect on her friend(s) by the end of the day. Her favorite color is green not because it's particularly pretty but because she doesn't believe that she can't be pinched for wearing green just because St. Patrick's Day ends.

Spoiler for CleanOnion #1:
My favourite idea by far was when I had the brilliance to consider how amazing it would be if a peanut butter and jelly Pop-Tart existed. You can only imagine my giddiness when we visited the grocery store years later and discovered that my dream had become a reality.

Spoiler for CleanOnion #2:
MoL applicants: A crethalid is a kind of animal/plant/organism. Tell me what it is, and tell me about its role in its ecosystem.
Crethalids are curious insects that thrive primarily within aquatic environments and feed on algae that may build up or the occasional insect that might wander into its domain. Example habitats range from fish ponds and lakes to the piping inside of homes. So its role in its ecosystem is an omnivorous predator.

In other news, because I'm sure you'll be interested to read this, I chased the first cockroach I've seen in months down my bathroom sink and have closed the stopper to prevent it from coming out. However, now I'm worried that it's going to start biding its time and breeding an army that will one day attack without warning as I'm brushing my teeth. Wouldn't it be nice if I had had the foresight to create a crethalid ahead of time to prevent this potential outbreak of war?

Spoiler for ji412jo:
Call me unoriginal but what actually interests me is the same question i asked in air

I doubt this needs to be said considering it's Eminem but, uh, don't click this link if you're squeamish to swearing or even more vulgar language.
Eminem - Soldier
This has been my go-to song for years for whenever I feel like life is kicking me in the teeth.

I'll have to give a nod to Higurashi for showing me this gem years ago:
Infected Mushroom
A lot of the music that I listen to (mainly electronic, DnB, etc.) fits here just because it's music that makes me feel alive and energized.

(Alternatively the previous song applies here as well)

Spoiler for Aves #1:
War is a big part of being a master. Traditionally, life hasn't fared so well there. What decks do you think have made life's job the most difficult? How do you plan to address these issues?
Well, nearly anything that uses Dims is automatically on that list. Even if they aren't or weren't necessarily used frequently against us (partially because I'm renowned for being paranoid of Dims already), the fact that it has to be taken into extreme account with every deck that is built limits deckbuilding and deck choices severely. Entropy in general is hard to deal with because Discord sets our decks back quite a bit without upgrades being dedicated to Pends/Towers. Pandemonium and Antimatter (or a lot of CC in general...) also cause massive issues for a large selection of our usual deck options. I remember seeing Darkness's Entropy duo last War and honestly thinking to myself that it was an autoloss with just about any deck we had available to us at the time. Lastly, SoFr Mono Air was yet another deck that after looking over our deck options looked like was an autoloss, which is a very, very bad feeling to experience before the start of round...1. Some of these problem children can be handled using decks that are less reliant on creatures but considering a lot of our card pool utilizes creatures, that's a tall order. Beyond that I won't be giving an in depth analysis of potential solutions as it would obviously not bode well for the Team Life of next War.

Absolutely.

Spoiler for Heman:
(all)
If you become a Master o Life and then a General War, are you gonna choose me as a member of your army ?
Hmm, this is a bit tricky to answer. Most of what this comes down to is how many people are allowed on each team for War and how many people sign up for War. Both of these factors could mean that I have the option of picking someone who I know from previous experience is skilled in using Life both as a PvPer and as a deckbuilder.

Now, that being said, players who show favoritism towards Life always get a huge check mark next to their names in my book when looking to bid on players for War, since I know that they're less likely to essentially abandon their Element in the middle of the event. So at this point it's really a matter of how much PvP experience you demonstrate from this point forward which will ultimately become a deciding factor in whether or not I bid on you. I'll be following Budokan closely, so do your best there!

Spoiler for Discord:
Lyfe trialists! If one of you wins trials, and becomes brawl boss, what would you name your team?
"Make Lemonade"

Every win will then be followed up by giving our opponents a picture of a lemon.

Spoiler for dark ripper:
Hello people! Imma ask some "getting to know you" questions.

1.For everyone: Is the element you are trialing for your favourite element? if its not then which is and why didnt you trial for it? If it is then which is your 2nd favourite and would consider trialing for it next time if you dont win these trials?
Yes, Life is my favorite Element. Started off thinking that I would like Death or Darkness more but Life just grew on me the more and more I used it. My 2nd favorite goes to Aether, which wouldn't have happened had I not had the privilege of serving in War 3 alongside Higurashi, deuce, Alan, and other great but less active forum members. As much as I like messing around with Aether's cardpool, I think that there are other players who are much more worthy of serving as Master of Aether than I am or could ever hope to be.

2.For everyone: Do you value higher the general of an element in war or the element itself? (for example your favourite element is  :underworld but STANDIN became the master of  :rainbow would you want to join the great master STANDIN or your favourite element no matter what general it has?)
In general I believe how far an Element climbs is mainly dependent on the person leading the Element. A prime example would be Darkness winning the previous War despite not having won any of the previous Wars. But as much as a great and active General may be able to assemble a team which overcomes previous teams' failures, some Elements have difficulty rising from a low tier to a high tier because their cardpool prevents such a feat. In Life's case I can only think of one Life supporter (who isn't participating in these Trials, I should mention) who I would have flat out refused to play for; me banning Life from my list of potential bidding teams is purely to gain experience from the perspective of another Element.

3. For everyone: On the other side of the coin. As a general yourself, would you value higher more active players that may not hold your element as their favourite or players that have your element as their favourite but arent so active-or there are other problems-?
Primarily I prefer players who favor Life over those who are known to be active PvPers. As Life doesn't have a particularly good track record across War, it's very realistic to expect some players to become demotivated and lose interest in participating in deckbuilding and the like as more and more losses accumulate. Element favoritism can sometimes circumvent that loss of motivation. However if it's established ahead of time that the player is going to be active in the midst of War regardless of Life's win/loss ratio in addition to Life not being their favorite Element, then I would find that much more preferable than the opposite scenario; nothing infuriates me more than making comments and deck suggestions on certain matchups only to find that no one has bothered to respond to my questions or concerns before the deckbuilding phase ends.

5. Challengers Only: assuming you make it to the finals. How would you react if the master didnt draft you in the coming war?(considering you want to be in the same team)
If they didn't at the very list bid on me before bids started to really climb up then I'd have to wonder what I did to piss them off, but otherwise I could understand not being willng to bid as much as other teams in order to keep the starting vault as large as possible.

6. Last question for everyone: Why do you want to win trials? Why do you want to be a master?

thank you. kthxbai
I really wanted to see how everyone else's experience had culminated and compared to my own, since it's been quite a while since I last held my Master title. I guess part of me wants to prove to myself that being gone for over a year isn't enough to make me incompetent in an area that used to be considered my domain. I don't have a noble goal like making Life better than it ever was before like I may have had during my 2nd or 3rd Trials, I really just want to see who is worthy of bearing the title while trying my hardest to earn it.

Spoiler for justabird:
Chirp trill chirp chirp?

Warble?
Rawr

P.S. Really more for the challengers: What do you think you'll do better than the current master?
Hmm, I'm not really sure. From previous PvP Events that we both participated in I would expect to perform better in those that I join in the future. But with community and developmental activity as low as it is, there's not much more that I can promise than that.

Spoiler for Aves #2:
If you become/remain master, who is going to be your favorite minion?
Chuck Norris

Spoiler for Higurashi:
To all: How has your favorite element affected your life?

If you're not in Trials for your favorite element, let me know so I know whom not to vote for.
Well, for starters, my reaction to frogs has completely changed. Before it used to be just "Hey look, a frog." Now it's more of "Holy shit a frog. You guys are awesome!" I suppose I'd have a similar reaction to other creatures in real life if they weren't so fictional.

My perspective towards efficiency and being efficient has increased quite a bit. If I can't find an efficient way to do something these days I'll usually consider it to be a waste of time and not bother with it...which I guess is like using a Mono Life rush and auto-quitting as soon as the opponent reveals a Dim Shield or Wings. I've also found that I tend to gravitate towards faster decks and characters in other games more than before; previously I'd say that I'd usually go for methods that involve more of a full-control approach. This doesn't necessarily hold to be true as I become more familiar and experienced with the game in question, though.

Since I've already referenced my phase 1 submissions in at least one of my answers, here are my phase 1 submissions, for your convenience.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:51:29 pm by willng3 »
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234467#msg1234467
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 05:55:26 pm »

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234499#msg1234499
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 11:41:28 pm »

Spoiler for In element questions:

Spoiler for CleanOnion:
Literally? I have no idea, though a part of me suspects you're asking for a the participants to make something up. Thus, I would have to follow suit with willng, it seems like the name of an insect, though, though waterborne it would not be. Seemingly more like a cockroach, likely an indoor for colder regions, leaving only in the summer, though obviously much more free in warmer regions. Scavenger of either plant or animal life.

Spoiler for Ji412jo:
When I was master of life, we got second place, so I'm not sure why life has done so poorly. It has access to a lot of utility people discredit and discount. Yes, it is not as aggressive, as other elements, and in this format agro is key, but life, just as every other element, has a shot. With proper deckbuilding and a decent team anything is possible. I'll note that war is won in the deckbuilding phase.

Songs - Me personally? - Go With the Flow by queens of the stone age.
Life as an element - All Fired up - Interpol
Life in general? - The World At Large by Modest Mouse, or Shake Me Down, by Cage the elephant
Spoiler for Heman:
That depends obviously. The goal is to get players who can build decks well, and have a card pool strong enough to support less than meta decks. I'd take on anyone who can either prove they build decks well, or who I have noted experience with in the arena.

Spoiler for Discord:
Frogs, Chickens and Dragons Oh My

Spoiler for general questions:
Spoiler for Jenkar:
I should have built around in element bans in life more. I was caught offgaurd by the in element hate people used, and it affected many decks adversely. If I could change them, I would want to redo my trials matches. I learned many things from many games, and I appreciate the insight my fellow trialists have given me, intentional or not.

Spoiler for Afdarenty:
Yes to leading both, and I would want to place highly in war, Top 4, and I would like to leave the element in good hands in trials, before I could confidently retire, as I did last time with willng.

Spoiler for Submachine:
I believe Vrt has already given me a great comic character (http://i.imgur.com/EmW3HmX.png)
And life wouldn't really be able to have a physical appearance, it would simply be nature. All and any, I couldn't imagine it as person, as I could fire, but its rooted as a concept. And no, it wouldn't have a gender
Spoiler for CleanOnion:
My favourite idea is the henderson scale of DND. Though, seriously, I think tabletop RPGs are prolly my favourite thing, concept, or idea in existence, as its given birth to countless, and I mean countless new ideas to use ones creativity in a productive way. Its such a great outlet for so much.
Spoiler for Dark Ripper:
1. Yes, it is my favourite, and my second favourite is earth, though I wouldn't consider trialing for it.
2. Depends, there are a few people who I would join without a second thought, but I would likely prefer to stay in life.
3. Active members are more important. I can appreciate a love for the element, as anyone can, but you don't have to be in love with the element to advance its cause, to think otherwise is unrealistic, and spoiled.
4. Not a master :v
5. I'd be disappointed, obviously. D2d is a pretty good deckbuilder it seems, and he leaves the beaten path more than most.
6. I want to win trials to win war. I want to stand tall and lead life to a victory. I want to be able to show my love for my element, and I want to be able to celebrate it. More importantly, I want to better life trialists in general, the duel phase often offers a new perspective on decks that proves to be invaluable in war.
Spoiler for Justabird:
I think I will preform better in the war setting.
Spoiler for aves:
My favourite minion, I assume means creature (I can't really think of people that way? Sorry if thats what the question is leading to) will likely be the Jade dragon. I like using dragons in life decks in war, as it usually startles people who expected adrenrushes
Spoiler for higs:
Well, I enjoy being alive, so I got that going for me. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:32:43 pm by killsdazombies »

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234513#msg1234513
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:18:51 am »

In other news, because I'm sure you'll be interested to read this, I chased the first cockroach I've seen in months down my bathroom sink and have closed the stopper to prevent it from coming out. However, now I'm worried that it's going to start biding its time and breeding an army that will one day attack without warning as I'm brushing my teeth. Wouldn't it be nice if I had had the foresight to create a crethalid ahead of time to prevent this potential outbreak of war?

Ok, good news is they prolly won't invade en masse. Just be sure to be ready for that time of the year when they start popping out every nigh D:
Bad news, there was already an army down there. Now it's a horde...
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234515#msg1234515
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:23:22 am »

Sorry CleO - there is only one MoL!

The one true MoL!
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline MyNameIsJoey

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234530#msg1234530
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 04:46:36 am »

follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234531#msg1234531
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 05:05:00 am »

:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234534#msg1234534
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 05:46:17 am »
Hi

Spoiler for Q&A:
Spoiler for General Questions:
Spoiler for I read your name as Afradenty for the longest time:
For players that have already been Masters, how do you think you did? Are there things you are planning on doing differently if you become a Master again? I'm planning to steadily increase my skill in War. Having my 2nd war be as a General (though I don't really consider my first war to be really applicable here as I was still learning the game at that stage and had like <10 upgrades), I didn't go particularly well, but I want to believe that I made some improvements going into my next war. So I want to keep that going if possible.

If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the War General? Assuming nothing comes up, yes
If you become the 10th Master of your Element, will you be the Brawl Boss? See above
I honestly doubt I could do as much as I would want to, as finals are starting to come around. I will still try to be as active as possible but I can't promise anything.
Spoiler for Jenkar:
My enthusiasm seems to be good, however apart from that, I only seem to stand out in Trials, and basically nowhere else. So I would change everything as best I can, and hopefully stay as good in Trials.
Spoiler for Submachine:
I had the luck of being in a previous Comic, where I was a Leag Dragon. I would probably stick with that, in that case.
Spoiler for Onion that has been Washed:
I would probably go with the No Eyed Deer
Spoiler for Dripper:

4. Masters Only: how would react if you had the lowest votes out of everyone in phase 3?

1. 3rd life trials, if you don't know my favourite element by now, then I am not sure what to say to you. If I couldn't trial for Life, I would probably go with Earth or Water, as those are my next favourite elements.

2. Element. Easily. If I had the choice to General Water or join team Life, I would choose team Life (this is assuming that the master of water at that time would not be able to show up).

3. A mix of the two. Even an inactive loyal person can help with Vault Building since they have a good understanding of the element, while an active person can then utilise this vault and make good decks. That being said, when bidding, I do give priority to people with life favouritism.

4. I would pretend like I wouldn't care, but deep inside I would cry a little since more people think that nobody deserve to be Life master more than they think that I should be life master.

6. It's fun? One of the more prominent reasons that I am still trialing is because I am still master. When that ends, I am not sure what I will do.
Spoiler for Justaburd:
Chirp trill chirp chirp?

Warble?
Yes I am terrified to read the responses of your question from other challengers. Thank you for asking.
Spoiler for In-Element Questions:
Spoiler for More Washed Onions:
A crethalid is a kind of animal/plant/organism. Tell me what it is, and tell me about its role in its ecosystem.
Is that the Green one or the luminescent purple one? Either way, it just balances out the food chain to make sure that some things don't die too often, and others don't die to infrequently.
Spoiler for ji412jo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgKDu5pp_fU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsD3cBZHF0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4DyBUG242c
The last one might be a pun because life just seems to go on and on at times.
Second one is Save Tonight because why not, but Tropical House remix because I feel it suits life better. I could go with Kygo here as well, but I'll keep it like this.
Spoiler for Aves:
Slowly learning the ropes of being a General, and war itself. I intend to at least just keep going in the right track.

I want to say yes, I really do, but I lack any Green Nymphs...
Spoiler for Heman:
You seem loyal to life. If I don't bid on you, you will at least be very high priority.
Spoiler for Discord:
Umbrella Feathers. Credit to sky for the name.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:15:10 am by dawn to dusk »

Offline Heman

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Heman is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elemental Master of Nothing
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2016 3rd Place
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234590#msg1234590
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 06:35:55 pm »
(all)
War #10 :life scrub

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 10th Trials - Phase 3: Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62077.msg1234620#msg1234620
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 10:15:32 pm »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

blarg: