*Author

Offline xdudeTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254172#msg254172
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:19:06 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote
Phase 3 has ended

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate.

Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.

Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline majofa

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254306#msg254306
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 05:22:16 pm »
Well, where can I start... I joined the forums in June 2010, essentially to add some reason to the mindless grinding. I was immediately enthralled by the various pvp events that were going on and immediately joined all that I could. I'm a pvp'er at heart and always will be. Hopefully my finishes in pvp events can show that. :)

Girlsgeneration is a good representative for Gravity and Elements as a whole. Why would I defend my opponent? That's just how I am.

Our personalities are probably on opposite ends of the spectrum lol
She has a fiery personality which can sometimes rub people the wrong way, but sometimes things do need to be said. And please don't vote against her by voting for me. She has done a lot, and she deserves respect.

I, on the other hand, have a very calm, down-to-earth demeanor. I don't like causing trouble or flaming, but I will defend people if I feel it is needed. I'm a hard worker and even though I've been passed over for several other positions (TO, pvpO, Council) I will still continue to do what I can for the community.

So, all-in-all, the point I'm trying to make is: YOU can't lose, no matter who you vote for!

As far as helping the community. I like doing projects lol
I have the [Oracle: ???] where people can find successful decks when the Oracle predicts their next FG. (I wish we could pick the FG opponent in trainer, because you could spend an hour waiting to fight one specific FG.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,13074.0.html

I also did the new Ai2 and Ai3 decks
Ai2: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18000.0.html
Ai3: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,17934.0.html

People have asked me why I chose Gravity to be a Master of... well, first of all it was the Element I started the game as. There's no pleasure like nom nom'ing your opponents :)
I also think Gravity gets a bad rap in that it's too weak to compete in unupgraded format. I don't think this is true at all, and I aim to prove it! There are a few tricks I have up my sleeves.

Well, that's what I got for now... now I'll start answering the questions. :)

What does Gravity symbolize to you?
Gravity is power. Power to hold things together, to move otherwise immovable objects. Moving past impenetrable objects with ease. Any defense you're opponent puts up, does not need to be removed, because it has no effect on a Master of Gravity.

What will you do for Gravity as a Master? What is your vision?
I will show that Gravity can compete with the other 'powerful' elements.

What types of cards does Gravity need in game to finish covering the Element Gravity?
With the addition of Catapult, Gravity has all it needs. Overdrive is just icing on the cake.
If I could add another card:
Magnetic Sword
Weapon
Weapon: deal 5 damage at the end of every turn. Absorb your opponent's weapon.
(note: It would not target the weapon. It would add the opponent's weapon's damage to its own. The opponent's weapon would be destroyed. It would add some PC to Gravity and make it a very fearful Element.)

Is there something that you feel that you could do better to serve Gravity than what is being done now?
Win. As I said, I'm a competitor at heart and will do everything in my power to make sure the presence of Gravity is felt. You'll know it's there when you can't get off the ground!!!  :))

Can (and how can) Gravity do well in unupped PvP events?
The problem Gravity had in the past was that it had to win with creatures that have bad attack-to-cost ratios. For instance Chargers are 4 damage for 5 :gravity, Colossal Dragons are 7 damage for 10 :gravity. So the only way Gravity could compete was to go elsewhere for damage. But now, with Catapults thrown in the mix, Gravity can switch up how they win, even going mono. When Acceleration hits comes into play, damage can pick up pretty quick. You'll definitely see a change coming to how people view Gravity.

Q: Name one thing that ‘weighs you down’ when it comes to the forum. (By ‘weigh’, I refer to the feeling of being depressed, disappointed, or unsatisfied) What would you change about that issue? If you think the forum is fine, you can state that as well.”
To be honest, nothing jumped out to me right away. But in thinking about it, something that would weighs me down, is the fact that in nearly all Elements the 2 people who will battle for the Master position have already been determined before the voting take place. It kinda made the voting less exciting. :(

What is Entropy?
Entropy is change. Mostly randomly. Mutations and stuff.

How much do you want to be next master (or mistress) of gravity?
I will work hard for it. I will FIGHT for it!
Explain to us the gravity of the situation.
The gravity of the situation is I'm not the most creative, but Gravity isn't an Element of creativity. Gravity is an Element of stability. So just like Gravity, I'm here to stay. ;)

~Pandebonium~
Pandebonium isn't the fastest deck, which is why it needs Bonewalls and Pandemoniums to slow the opponent's assault. This Gravity deck utilizes a way to get around the Bonewalls and make the Pandemoniums ineffective. Just fling Basilisk Blooded Armagios and hit'em with your Titan.
Code: [Select]
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55m 55m 55m 55m 55m 55m 55s 561 561 561 561 576 576 595 595 595 595 595 595
~Discord Graboid~
Immolations will mess with the Discord scrambling and Otyughs with Momentums can eat Graboids.
55k 55k 55k 55q 55q 55r 55r 55u 55u 55u 55u 55u 55u 55v 55v 576 576 576 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5f9 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc
Which of these qualities should a Master have and why?
Passion.. when someone signs up for Master, they should REALLY want to be the Master and all that it entails. That passion should last all the way through the time you are Master.

Which of these qualities should a Master NOT have and why?
Laziness.. you should be as active as you can be. (sometimes things happen, and that is understandable)

For the two decks, Chargers w/ Deflagrations for the first one and Catapults, Otyughs and Purifies for the second one.

How would you handle the delegation of tasks as new master, a serious problem in last war?
Find out who's good at doing what and put them to that task. As long the General is active, the other players will usually fall in line. (Also: see next question)

What kind of scouting do you intend to do before picking players to insure active, strong membership, also a problem?
If anyone on here knows me, they know I do extensive research on everything. I'll bring that to WAR as well. An active player is better than a good player.
design a :gravity/ :life  duo that can beat what you consider to be the most annoying mono from each element (say what they are), as well as what you consider to be the all time most annoying deck
744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 745 745 745 749 749 74b 74b 74b 75m 75m 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7al
Question 1: Give an experience or "the moment" that caused you to gain the "addiction" we claim to have.
I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but when I discovered the pvp events.

Question 2: Consider this scenario: You did not win the trials and you did not get selected in the next war.
But you are a valued member of the community and known for :gravity; many team members would like your input and advice before any rounds start. Give your advice to the these team members. 
Prepare and start early. And playtest your decks.

Question 3: Consider this scenario:  You become the master for :gravity in the next war.
You successfully win the next war. However, a large majority of the community and even your own team agree, it wasn't a "spectacular" win, many utter it was "mediocre" at best.
Give a response or speech expressing your own view in this scenario
I would be a shame if anyone ever thought winning WAR wasn't spectacular, especially with an Element that isn't :fire or :entropy.

How did :gravity come to be your favorite element? (if it is not your favorite element, don't even bother answering) :gravity is a pretty weak and slow element unupped, and is probably one of the least popular element among the new players. So how?
Gravity is not weak and it doesn't need to be fast. It has natural synergy with :fire (my other favorite Element) and :entropy, two of the 'strong' Elements. Catapult let's you change it up a little, and Acceleration gives Gravity speed. Plus momentum can go right past shields. And of course, Otyughs... so what's there not to like in Gravity?

Since everyone is giving me a hard time :p
Recent Additions (upped):
+1 Gravity Shield
+3 Elite Otyugh
+1 Trebuchet

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254322#msg254322
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 05:37:13 pm »
Simple questions, feel free to write as much or as little as you want. I'll read everything before I decide.

What does Gravity symbolise for you?
What will you do for this element as a Master? What is your vision?
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254326#msg254326
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:38:41 pm »
What types of cards does Gravity need in game to finish covering the Element Gravity?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254331#msg254331
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:41:14 pm »
I'm particularly interested in Gravity's Trials, so...
^^This.

Offline Mithcairion

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mithcairion is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254368#msg254368
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 06:13:11 pm »
I can honestly say that I don't know much about either of you.  I've seen both of you in chat, but never had a conversation with either of you (not a negative on either of you, just elaborating how I really don't know either of you).

Obviously, I know these trials have been very disappointing for both of you. 

Girlsgeneration:  You are as feared an opponent as there is in Elements.  What do you think you can do for Gravity that has not already been done (aside from your never-ending campaign for Colossal/Massive Dragon, that is)? 

majofa:  Is there something that you feel that you could do better to serve Gravity than what is being done now?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” - Rachel Carson

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254396#msg254396
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:37:55 pm »
Greetings. I’m GirlsGeneration, current Master of Gravity.

Last Trials, I talked about how Gravity has been my favorite element ever since. This Trials, I am mainly going to talk about the achievements I’ve acquired during the first term as Master of Gravity, and future plans if I keep my title.

<Achievements/Future Plans as Master>

The most important one is War #2. Team Gravity did not do so well, and I take the full responsibility for it. I failed in keeping the team members active and start deckbuilding discussions, etc. I designed the vault almost without consulting anyone, in which resulted in tons of 6 off-element card splash decks while Gravity is one of the weakest element as unupgraded mono. I learned from the harsh experiences and now I am ready to lead the team once more in War #3, this time planning to win the entire war. I already have been recruiting the best War players to the team and also designed various innovative decks to use.

In other news, I am continuously trying to demonstrate how Gravity is an amazing element. I have persuaded several newbies to take Gravity as their starting element, and showed the epicness of mono Gravity decks, especially in the Masters Tournament, where I beat :earth and especially :fire, the best rush element. I also worked to increase the popularity of unused Gravity cards such as Chimera and Graviton Mercenary, and tried my best as the ‘head’ of Massive Dragon Buff Committee :D I will continue all these with more effort if I become the Master once more

<Gravity>

My understanding of the element is shown in the article I wrote for Phase 1:
http://elementswiki.co.cc/articles/gravity/

<Other>

Besides Mastership, I am highly devoted to the Elements community as well, for example, frequently commenting on decks, card ideas, cards, etc. As a Wiki Editor, I have been updating the Wiki card database since 1.21 patch and also created several new features such as PvP information tab. As a Tournament Organizer, I show up in Western Tournaments to run the event smoothly and participate as well. Please note that I have decided to maintain the title despite the time conflict; I will keep organizing even if I arrive 30 minutes late.

I am also a highly active member, perhaps too active, as many people may know. I'm on chat for a long time every day, and gladly help other people. I'm also a regular t50 who puts up weak biting farms whenever possible.

I would also like to comment on what has been happening in Gravity Trials, since I assume someone’s going to mention it somewhere on this thread. I take the full blame for initiating the flaming spree, and I would like to apologize for stepping over the line in some parts. However, I still cannot believe that 918 and 927 do not recognize that they never even properly informed the community about dropping out. I realize what’s been happening with your lives, and I respect that. However, you could’ve at least put up a post like Phantomfox did, saying sorry and explaining the reason for dropping out. I wouldn’t say that if you literally disappeared from the community like Antagon. You still are in the community and didn’t think of announcing what happened, and that angers me.

Maybe I just have a peculiar mindset. However, as I said, I started this realizing the effect it would have on Phase 3 results. I would like to ask one thing from the voters, though. Not trying to offend majofa or anything, but please do not make decision such as “Oh, GG doesn’t deserve to be a Master, so I’ll vote for majofa instead.” Knowing majofa as an honorable player, he would be upset if he receives more votes simply because I have failed. Please judge him as a separate player, without my influence, and always remember that there is ‘none of the above’ option.

<Q&A>

For me, Gravity symbolizes Order and Law, and it dictates how I act. I dislike any sort of rulebreaking or out-of-line actions, and always try to remind people of the set rules in the community.

Answer for the second question is in the introduction.

Acceleration | Overdrive (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,19731.0.html).

It is the perfect card that fits the theme of Gravity, starting slow but accelerating and gaining momentum. Another good card that utilizes the element's high HP creatures.

I hate to mention this here as well, but Massive Dragon is still useless because Acceleration is much better if used on Armagio, flying Titan, etc., then the dragon. There should be a card that utilizes high HP as well as dragon's relatively high attack power of 8. I had a card idea somewhere using this but can't find it :(

You are as feared an opponent as there is in Elements.  What do you think you can do for Gravity that has not already been done (aside from your never-ending campaign for Colossal/Massive Dragon, that is)? 
LEAD TEAM GRAVITY TO WIN WAR #3

Thank you for reading this appalling wall of text. A vote for GirlsGeneration as Master of Gravity once more will not be in vain.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline kev

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.kev brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Ungrounded
  • Awards: Winner of Team PvP #5Master of Multipliers - Scorgasm WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner2nd Trials - Master of FireFavorite Staff Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerMVP of Draft #2Make a Quiz winnerTeam PvP #3 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWar #1 Winner - Team Fire
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254404#msg254404
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:47:41 pm »
Thought I'd weigh in here, as I think I'm the only player to have been brothers in War with both players.

I voted for majofa.  I respect GG as a player quite a bit.  In fact I recommended her to the Team Fire General during first War; she ended up joining and had a hand in our victory.  But after working closely with majofa and facing him a lot in tourneys and PvP Events, I’m confident he’s the best fit for this position.  He’s an accomplished deckbuilder and PvPer, is willing to put forth the required time and effort, and can see the forest for the trees.  In fact he’s currently using the wood to make catapults.

Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254440#msg254440
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »
My vote is already almost solid here.
Gravity is one of the least popular elements right now, and it wasn't before. Simple maths.

But one question (mostly aimed at Majofa, but feel free to answer it if you think it will get you bonus points)
"Can (and how can) Gravity do well in unupped PvP events?"

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254683#msg254683
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:08:41 am »
Disclaimer: Not answering this question will probably result in me not giving a vote to you, regardless of your standing.

...hm....

Q: Name one thing that ‘weighs you down’ when it comes to the forum. (By ‘weigh’, I refer to the feeling of being depressed, disappointed, or unsatisfied) What would you change about that issue? If you think the forum is fine, you can state that as well.”

Offline GG

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254698#msg254698
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 12:21:52 am »
"Can (and how can) Gravity do well in unupped PvP events?"
To be honest, mono Gravity unupped is weak compared to other mono unupped such as :earth or :fire. Unupped Gravity creatures have seriously inefficient cost-to-damage ratio of literally less than 1 (charger 4/5, merc 3/4, dragon 7/10, etc.). The situation's going to get a bit better with the addition of Acceleration, as it is a cheap card able to increase damage by a lot.

However, combined with other elements, unupped Gravity can truly shine. Discord/BH, :earth/ :gravity Gravity Shield stall, Scarab/Pharaoh are some examples of awesome synergies. Unupped, sadly enough, Gravity is more of a supportive element.

One thing that weighs me down when seeing the forum is anonymity. This is an online community where people don't know each other in real life, and that leads to some interesting and rather depressing issues such as flaming, quitting without notice, lying, etc. There's not much of a penalty if someone suddenly gives up or slacks with a job, or disappear with hardly any notes and never show up.

We can't do much about it, since this is the basic premise of an anonymous online community. It happens everywhere. Some forum members are making an effort to partially solve this problem by, for example, using the thread "Official forum member picture thread", or talking about their real life. It's ironic for me, someone who's trying to keep Elements life and real life completely separate, to say this, but they should continue such efforts to make this community more lively and realistic.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=20048.msg254774#msg254774
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 01:48:46 am »
It is one thing to know thyself.  It is another to know thy enemy.
What is Entropy?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

anything
blarg: