*Author

Offline ZawadxTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1188950#msg1188950
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:48:51 pm »
TIME TO ENTER THE TRIALS
HAS RUN OUT

:gravitybig

Please make sure you've read the Rules very carefully. Also, here are the Phase 1 Rules.
To join these Trials, post in this thread a single post containing the following information:

Spoiler for Requirements:
-Evidence of Score Requirement
-Evidence of Established Account Requirement

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for Task 2:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for Task 3:
-Name of Task
-Evidence of completion

Spoiler for War/Brawl Bonus:
-Evidence of participation in the last war/brawl with the element you were a member of.
-If you were a General/Boss, evidence of your General-ship/Boss-ship

Spoiler for Loyalty Bonus:
-Tell us how many times you have participated in Trials for this element before
-Give us evidence of your participation in each of those trials

Remember, the Requirements to Challenge are:

• 50,000+ score in Elements
  • 200+ forum posts
  • Joined the forums no less than 3 months ago (at the time of signing up)
  • Participation in at least three separate PVP Events (Leagues, War, Weekly Tournaments, etc.)
A player may participate in Trials without meeting the 200 post and 50,000 score requirements if they are able to provide evidence of a significant PVP achievement. Examples of sufficient achievements include:
  • Winning a Weekly Tournament
  • Finishing in the Top 3 in Leagues or other forum PVP Events
  • Finishing on the winning War team

Note: In the event more there are more than four applicants (including the defending master) for one element, priority will be given first to players with the higher Phase 1 scores and second to a combination of score/post count.

Challengers:

Master Captain Scibra of :gravity is defending.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:21:49 pm by Zawadx »
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1188963#msg1188963
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 01:22:37 pm »

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
Developing War Tactics

Notes:
- Teams can only disable elements if they have cards of it in their vault.
- Teams must not disable their own element.

- Disabling elements will result in more tactic, as the teams have to consider using less recommended decks and must build some with a lower winning chance, but more upgrades. There will also be more mindgating, as every team can guess which elements their opponents might ban and thus won't be using against them.
- Gaining a total number of upgrades instead of a set number per deck has two reasons. First, teams at the bottom that usually have less elements to disable have fewer decks to play and so gain a higher upgrade per deck ratio. Second, teams have the opportunity to focus on certain opponents this round by using more upgrades on the deck against them for weaking other match-ups.
- Disabling elements will only affect this round.

What to do if my team is first?
We can ban elements we need the least this round to get better chances against our strongest opponents. So, if our opponent's this round are 2nd, 5th, 7th and 8th, we are likely to use more upgrades against 2nd to weaken his strong position, while we won't "waste" extra ups against 8th as they are already easier to mindgate due to their smaller vault and they'll have a hard time recovering to become a threat for us.

What to do if my team may be eliminated this round?
We can ban elements to get a large number of upgrades. This is our chance to recover and catch some useful wins by using extra upgrades against several opponents. This way we get a chance at beating strong enemies as we put our upgrades on them while they have to care more about teams that are threats to their high position.

Spoiler for Task 2:
Beginning War Training

Strength Training - Crushing victory:

(What? You say, killing all creatures and destroying non-Pillar/Pend-permanents was enough? Sorry... but the gravity pride flooding through my veins loves to take control over anything, and thus my opponent shouldn't have neither Pillars/Pends nor any quanta as well. Oh, and having 100 HP has to be there too. I mean, it is about crushing your opponent!)

Endurance Training - Last Minute Heroics

(This was actually meant to stall long enough until your giant Chimera feeded with fractalled Spiders throws the wannabe-god with it's giant :gravity fist right to the grave. Unfortunately, the Foil Chimera got lost in trainer... next time, Serket... FEAR my Chimera!

Speed Training - Blazing Ahead

(So, here is the payback on Serket. The used lock allows to fill his deck almost infinitely, as you can rewind one of your creatures per turn and Antimatter lets him alive. Once you decide to finish him, just renormalize the atk of your creatures step by step. On some point, poison damage will force you to end, but this will take until 100 counters are collected, as Cells/Nymph keep heeling me and I even have a Miracle in my hand. Against guys like Ferox or Miracle, this could've been used without an end, but the thing with Serket was personal. Just look at the Chimera waiting for him.)

Spoiler for lock:

Spoiler for Task 3:
Being a War Reporter

Hello, ladies and gentlemen!

Today, I want to introduce to you one of the best decks Team Gravity has ever played in war!
There were quite a few possible decks out that were used several times with success. Disco-Blackhole, Fire-Duos, Pulverizer decks... but only one has tons of different modifications, brought lots of amazing victories and improved through the years. You're right, we are talking about... Cata-Titans!

This deck watched out for his first victory a long time ago in War #3, just short after Catapult became a card. It looked like this:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 55k 55k 55k 55m 55m 55m 55m 55s 55s 55s 55s 561 576 576 576 5i7 5ia 5oi 5oi 5oi 5rp 5rp 5rp 6u1 7dm 8pl

So, actually, what is it doing?
Pretty simple: Stall with Armagios/Sundials while playing your Titans, animate them, and if they did enough damage, catapult them for the victory! With their 50 HP, they are doing 34 damage! Armagios are also a viable fodder. Oh... do you know what Freeze is supposed to do there? Sure, it can be CC. But keep in mind Freeze does also increase the catapult damage by 50%, so you are able to throw a 50 damage ice titan ball just right at your opponent's face!

As already mentioned, you can make lots of different mods with this deck. Brusterix used this in War #7, a duo with the known Titan/Cata-mechanic and lots of Thunderstorms for mass CC to buy some time. Wings, Dims and more Sundials are also a nice addition. And just think about the possibility of overdriving one of your Titans...

Pros:
  • laugh at any shield your opponent thinks to bring up
  • good stall-breaking abilities if you pack more Catapults and/or Overdrives
  • extremely resistant to any CC but Reverse Time and the under-used Mutation (antimattered Titans can be catapulted)
Cons:
  • needs some time to set up, thus weak to rushes unless you pack enough denial
  • vulnerable to PC, especially the Catapults (as you can keep your Titans in hand until you can immediately fly them after playing)
  • vulnerable to Reverse Time as any Flying Weapon deck (this can at least immediately throw your flying Titans, but it lowers your constant damage)

So, dear readers, I hope you enjoyed our little spotlight at Cata-Titans. And don't forget in your next snowball fight... there might be a Titan in there from time to time. Don't say I haven't warned you...

- 2 points for being 4th at team :aether at War #8
- no Brawl bonus

0 points as these are my first Trials.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:33:32 am by Ginyu »
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1188967#msg1188967
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 02:14:04 pm »
Contrary to my intentions in my farewell, I will gladly defend my position.  If me not defending opens a spot for a fourth challenger who steps forward, I will yield that spot for him/her.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1188968#msg1188968
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:33:23 pm »

Spoiler for Phase 1:

I approve of this post :)

irl is too crazy at the moment for me to join this time.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline montrossen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1189029#msg1189029
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 09:28:15 am »
Spoiler for Score:
Spoiler for Established Account:
I have participated in tournaments, Battle League and 12 Lives
Spoiler for 12 Lives:
Spoiler for Battle League:
Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for Task 1:
Beginning War Training
Speed Training:
- Blazing Ahead:
Spoiler for Blazing Ahead:
Whew! That took a while too complete.

Strength Training:
-Kratos' Disiple
Spoiler for Kratos' Disiple:
Go vampire titan!

Endurance Training:
Last Minute heroics:
Spoiler for Last minute Heroics:
Spoiler for Task 2:
Starting Your Own Little War

~Dungeons and Dragons~

Rules:
-Choose one class and build your deck according to its rules
-You may change your deck and class between games
-Shards and upgraded cards are banned (unless the class you choose allows you to use shards)
-You may only use cards from elements your class allows
-Your mark may be any element regardless of your class
-Maximum deck size is 40

Classes:

Warrior:
Elements: :death :gravity :fire :air
Required cards(8 ):
Spoiler for required cards:
4t3 4t4 4t5 4tb 4tc 52l 52q 52r 55p 55s 5f5 5f7 5og 5ol 5oo
Banned cards:
Spoiler for banned cards:
52n 52p 52s 52v 561 5f4 5f6 5f8 5f9 5oh 5om

Wizard:
Elements: :death :fire :water :time :aether
Required cards (6):
52n 52v 5f4 5fb 5i7 5ih 5ij 5rk 5rp 61q 61r 621 623 624 8pj
Banned cards:
52h 52j 52l 52q 52r 5f2 5f7 5fa 5fc 5fe 5i6 5i9 5ib 5ic 5id 5ie 5ii 5rj 5rm 5rq 5ru 61t 620 625
Wizards may use shards

Cleric:
Elements: :fire :water :light :aether
Required cards (4):
5f4 5f8 5ic 5ih 5lc 5lf 5lh 5li 5lk 5lm 621

5f2 5fe 5fk 5id 5ie 5ig 5la 5ll 5ls 61s 61v 62c 8pj
Banned cards:
5f1 5f3 5f5 5f9 5i5 5i6 61r 61t 620

Rouge:
Elements: :entropy :gravity :earth :life :air :darkness
Required cards (3)
4vi 4vn 4vo 55p 55q 55t 58v 593 596 5c2 5c3 5c6 5og 5ol 5on 5um 5up 5v2

4vk 50a 55m 562 58s 594 595 5c4 5c7 5c9 5oj 5om 5oo 5uq 5ur 5uu

4vd 4vh 4vm 55l 55r 55u 58p 58q 5bv 5c1 5oe 5un 5ut 5uv 5v0
Banned cards:
4vl 590 59m
Rouges may use shards

Ranger:
Elements: :entropy :earth :life :darkness
Required cards (8 ):
4vd 4vg 4vi 4vn 4vp 5c2 5c3 5c5 5c6 5og 5oh 5ol 5on 5un 5uo 5us 5v1
Banned cards: None

FAQ:
Q:What are required cards?
A:They are a list/s of cards that you must have a certain number or more of in total. For example, a warrior deck with 6 arsenics and 2 bone walls is legal, but only 4 fahrenheits in that deck would be illegal. The number of required cards needed is the number in brackets after 'required cards'.

Q:How do classes with more than one 'required cards' list work?
A:You must use the required amount of cards from both lists. So if the required card number is 3, you should have 3 from one list and 3 from another.

Gravity Deck:
Spoiler for Deck:
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55s 55s 55s 55s 55s 55s 55t 55t 55t 562 562 562 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oi 5oo 5oo 8pr

Strategy: fly your a titan or two, then look at the situation and your hand and decide if its better/possible to play another titan, acceleration, or G-pull your own titan to soak up 50 HP damage for you!

Spoiler for Task 3:
Taking up Arms:
Oty Charge
4t5 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55l 55l 55l 55l 55p 55p 55r 55r 55r 55r 55r 58t 58t 58t 58t 58t 58t 8pm

Strategy: Play one otyugh first, or if you start with lots of pillars, a charger. Use plate armour on your otyugh to beef him up, or use it on you enemy's creatures to block them with gravity shield. Eat all the opponents creatures, then finish him with chargers while he's helpless! This deck is recommended for AI3.

How it works: The plate armour's almost are basically guaranteed to have something to combo with between gravity shields and otyughs. Otyughs can combo with plate armour and gravity shield, and the chargers and hammer are stand-alone offence so you don't get left behind even after you have locked down your opponent.

Have not participated in War, did not win in Brawl
Have not participated in Trials before
Go Gravity!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:32:49 am by montrossen »
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1189037#msg1189037
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:34:05 pm »
lol, the train be full :P
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1189043#msg1189043
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 04:23:39 pm »

Spoiler for Phase 1:
Spoiler for War Reporter:
Presenting, the Death Duo.
52q 52q 52r 52t 52t 52t 52t 55n 55n 55n 55n 55n 55t 55t 55t 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 71b 71b 71b 8pk

Now first of all, I know that what one would normally expect from one talking about successful gravity war decks would be expecting the classic Chargertal. That's fine - Chargertal is a good deck, it's solid, it has been around for a long time, and because of that, it's also boring to talk about. While tactics like using Otyughs in some Chargertals for some CC; or using Guardtal with Chimera instead of Chargertal exist, they are all very well known as well. However, a death duo that seems fairly straightforward at times can have some strategy that most people overlook. And, since it debutted in War #7 (as a good deck, at least), it's still relatively "new".

Like every deck, the Death Duo can have many cards changed, removed, or added. But let's talk about things that we usually see in it.

Gravity Pendulum: This gives you Gravity Quanta. And Death Quanta. It's pretty useful. Take it with you, young adventurer.
Graviton Mercenary: Most of the time, this is the go-to creature when we prefer to use it over Chargers. For starters, it costs less. And, with the buff to it - that is now relatively old - Graviton Mercenary is a good hitter, specially if upgraded. It is, however, rarely upgraded - but is no less cheap because of that, and since Gravity is known for being quanta tight, using cheap-cost cards is a good counter to those that come with Quanta Control.
Gravity Pull: Death is known for having Death effects. Gravity Pull can work to kill the opponent's creatures or, in specific cases, even to use on your own as a last-ditch effort to save your HP or to simply fuel your Death effects. The card that would benefit the most about this is the one that we will detail below.
Bone Wall: A shield is never unnecessary in War, and Bone Wall, despite being succeptible to things like Psiontal, is a very good choice, specially when paired with Gravity. With the addition of sometimes Otyugh or Gravity Pull, Bone Wall can stick around for two more hits more often than not to help you out. All in all, a strong shield and a fairly obvious pick.
Arsenic: The go-to weapon in most rushes, specially rainbow ones un-upgraded, it is no different in a Gravity/Death duo. Arsenic will also hit the opponent with Poison - while it won't be a big deal against opponents that also possess Dim Shield or similar, it is not exactly useless, as the damage does indeed pile up. It is also a small way around Shields, since we are often using Graviton Mercenaries instead of Sapphire Chargers. And since we're not going to be using Titan...
Mummy: On most of the times, we often have better things to upgrade than our Death Creature, so we usually use them un-upped. And un-upped, Mummy is still superior to Flesh Spider!
Poison: Sometimes used for that bit of extra damage through shields. Use and pack this if you're fighting someone you know is prone to abusing shields. Pretty simple and straightforward pick, but always important to know when to take it.

So you might ask, what of different cards can we add that are not in this scope? Well, of course, there are some obvious picks that we can always take. Like for example, an Otyugh to further fill our Bone Wall. Or you can pick some other cards like Acceleration; the death effect will both feed the Bone Wall while the active effect will make your creature stronger. Some people may forget it, but on a pinch, it also works as a Lobotomizer - And since you're using Bone Wall, you don't have to worry about getting hit by the creature that continues to go stronger.
But you might be wondering - is that all there is to it? Is there anything fancy this deck can pull with Salvages or similar?
No deck is without surprises, and neither is this one. So peer into the spoiler.

Spoiler for Hidden:
52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52r 52t 52t 55k 55k 55k 55k 55n 55n 55n 55o 55o 562 576 576 576 576 576 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 71d 71d 8ps

Reverse Time can be used both as CC on the opponent or on your own Mummies - This in turn will make them Pharaohs. We all know what Pharaoh does - And scarabs, interestingly, have a Gravity skill called Devour. With the Pharaoh, we now fill our field, getting more creatures to attack the opponent - Simultaneously, the Scarabs will eat whatever is on the field if left alone for nothing but a few turns, endlessly filling the Bone Wall. A funky combo - but one that defiitely works.

All in all, this deck is not a powerhouse. It is not a chargertal and it may be a bit unreliable at times - But the unpredictability of it and the fact that it can cover a lot of things makes it a viable pick against many opponents, be it what you're expecting a few strong creatures, creature spam -- or even shields with Lobotomizers or Mass CC to overcome a chargertal. While uncommon, it is no less viable because of it.

Bibliography: (Or, in ther words, some links where this deck won.)
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-4-169/(gravity-soldier)-w4sh1ng7on-3-0-s2xat5no-(time-soldier)/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-5-170/(gravity-sld-)-suxerz-(sub-laxadarap)-3-2-(entropy-gen)-calindu/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-7-172/(gravity-sld)-suxerz-(sub)-3-2-(time-sld)-andretimpa/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-6-171/(gravity-sld)-h1ng7on-(sub)-3-1-calindu-(entropy)/
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/round-6-171/(gravity-sld)-brusterix-3-1-annele-(fire-sld)/

Spoiler for Waging War (against the False Gods):
Gravity can counter a few False Gods with very simple splashes. While it is true for many Elements, it shows more predominantly in Gravity. Let's take for an example, Jezebel.

55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55m 55m 55m 55m 55p 55p 562 562 562 562 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 58v 58v 592 592 592 592 592 8pm

Something as simple as this can counter Jezebel. The winning point is the classic tactic of using Enchant Artifact on her towers, so she can't bring out nymphs. But in case she does bring out a nymph - Usually a water one - you can use Gravity Shield to stop her attacks before Enchanting it again. Because of how Water Nymphs have >5 HP and because Quantum Towers give random nymphs - that may or may not have over 5 HP (albeit, really, most do - but Red Nymph is a danger we can't so easily overlook), we should always aim towards Enchanting the Quantum Tower at first if possible - Specially if Jezebel already got a nymph out.

The main problem some counters have against Jezebel is the fact that she has Cloaks. With Earth and Gravity, Pulvy is some damage that comes with reusable PC. But you might argue - Jezebel has steals! You should bring SoFo!
Well, for starters... it just looks more interesting if we don't bring SoFo.
And for seconds -- Jezebel also has Siphon Life. SoFo is an eaaasy target for her if you don't play it very early. So overall, sofo would be a bad pick.
But then how do we counter the steal? Well, I know that I said that the Enchant Artifact is for Jezebel, but when shit hits the fan you can use Protect Artifact on your Pulverizer. That way she can't steal and use it. And you can also use it on your Gravity Shield if you need to. But ~80% of the time? You'll get your PA out fast enough that, it won't really be an issue.

Unrelated : If you tweak this deck and add some Otyughs in it, while changing the Protect Artifacts for Basilisk Bloods or Plate Armors, one can attempt to counter Neptune. Gravity Shield will stop all damage, Otyughs can eat Arctic Squids so long as it comes out early - To avoid flooding, just use Pulverizer.

For some bonus, below are some other decks - which are a bit more funky but still do a counter none the less - at some FG's. I thought these up just for fun, so they might not be as effective.

Spoiler for Octane:
55r 55r 55r 55r 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lf 5lg 5lg 5lg 5li 5li 5li 8pq

Reflective Shield stops UG - After that, you use Gravity Shield to stop flown EEs, have Miracle for healing, and use Blessing on your Otys so that they survive and can even eat Eagle Eyes. Just don't play an Otyugh unprotected - that is stupid. You can swap Miracles for Sanctuaries for overtime healing - A really good idea since you might get Damaged a bit early game.

Spoiler for Lionheart:
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55p 55p 55p 55p 5c2 5c2 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 8pn

This is a ridiculous deck I admit and it's not much of a counter per se, but when it works, it works. Use Gravity Shield, play all your healing, and see if he decks out before he can kill you with whatever he has on the table. (He's likely to be hitting you with very, very few things.)

Spoiler for Paradox:
55p 55p 55p 55r 55r 55r 562 562 562 56i 56i 56i 5c9 5c9 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5cq 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 5de 8pl

Aether heavy, but Paradox is another one of those FG's - Use Otyugh to eat the RoL's so he can't get that much Light Quanta and you can eat anything he throws on board. Otyugh came late? That's fine. Toss a Gravity Shield, and now he can't hit you. Watch out for Miracles - he might get one on you. Mitosis is there just for the fun of it in case you want to Mitosis a Shard of Focus. No, Paradox does not have Rewind nor Eternity, you can toss your creatures out very happily. Shard of Gratitude should outheal anything that still manages to hit you (Like a Morning Glory) and heal any other damage you may have taken early game. You don't even need the 2 HP bonus from having a life mark!
Spoiler for Rainbow Gods in general:
Any variation of heavy quanta Amber Nymph span can and will happily shut off most the Rainbow Gods if you can get it early. (Hence, heavy quanta.) You may tweak it with some stuff for your liking - SoFo's and Acceleration for some, or Otyugh for others (Like Destiny - eat the eggs and you should have zero trouble with them.) Or Armagio/Acceleration, so on.

Spoiler for Starting Your Own Little War:
Armedilgo Wars V
The Dilgo Strikes Back

Special Rules:
  • Upgraded cards are allowed, but not required.
  • Your deck can only contain a maximum of 9 non-gravity non-darkness cards.
  • Your deck must have at least 3 Armagios.
  • You may use creatures that are not Armagio, but for every one Creature, you must use at least 2 Armagios. (You may use more, but not less. 1 Mercenary and 3 Armagios is fine, but 1 Mercenary and 1 Armagio is not.
  • Furthering on the above rule, Darkness Creatures are an exemption to this rule.
  • Shards are allowed, but you may only use 1 Shard for every 3 Armagios.
  • The Empire has discovered our underground facilities and strong tactics. Apart from the usual bans of Discord, Reverse Time, Eternity, Antimatter, Poison, Arsenic, Fahrenheit, Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, Drain Life, Flying Weapon, Nymph's Tears, Unstable Gas, we will also be adding Freeze, Parallel Universe, and Pharaoh.
  • We must cater all our resources towards fighting the Empire, as the Empire is doing against us. You may only upgrade 1 card that is not from Darkness or Gravity for every Six Darkness/Gravity cards in your deck. In other words, every six gravity/darkness cards you may upgrade a card from another element.
    Spoiler for Examples:
    A deck with 23 Gravity Cards may only upgrade 3 Non-Gravity Non-Darkness cards.
    A deck with 24 Gravity Cards may upgrade 4 Non-Gravity Non-Darkness cards.
    A deck with 12 Gravity Cards and 12 Darkness Cards may upgrade 4 Non-Gravity Non-Darkness cards.

The extra banned cards come from the usually dominating decks in the past few Dilgo Wars. Going with the theme, we now also have Darkness Cards that may be used - simultaneously, this tourney differs that any creature can be a Dilgo Sidekick, not just the usual ones. Further on, it also allows Shards, as long as they comply with the dilgo rule. There are still many decks that can be used without touching Darkness.

Spoiler for Decks:
Spoiler for Hidden:
5lc 5lc 5lc 5lc 744 744 744 744 744 744 746 746 746 746 746 746 74i 74i 74i 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 75m 7ju 7ju 7ju 8pl

While luring your opponent to use Darkness and then comboing with Holy Light isn't the nicest of tactics, it is a very valid one.[/deck]
Spoiler for Hidden:
744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 746 746 746 746 74d 74d 74d 74i 74i 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 7t9 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7tg 7th 7th 8pt

Decks such as Voodoo Overdrive also get stronger with this ruleset.

Spoiler for War/Brawl:

Spoiler for Proof of Loyalty:
Give me one.
Give me two.

Back for Trials.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:11:53 pm by Dm »

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1189047#msg1189047
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 04:55:09 pm »
now yes Gravity Train is full.
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 9th Trials - Challenger's Entrance https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58329.msg1189048#msg1189048
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 05:03:24 pm »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

anything
blarg: Ginyu,montrossen,Dm,Captain Scibra