Dm1321
25 (43.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:32:44 pm

*Author

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1084194#msg1084194
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 06:13:36 pm »
To all  :gravity trialists:
Who are the famous scientists associated with the forces of Gravity ?

This one is obvious.

JMDT is the only person I know to be a scientist and to have done a deck with :gravity .

This time I'm having some trouble deciding on who to vote for in some of the elements, so I'm tossing the coin.

I don't know many of you trialists personally, and I don't have the necessary chat-time to actually get to know you better - I can look up both your ingame and forum "qualities" (which I did), furthermore, awards and staff positions aren't that impressive to me in case of mastership: So please, tell me about yourself, the person behind that avatar and hundreds of (well-planned) posts and quotes.

You're free whatever to answer, it may or may not be a deciding factor. Thanks.

I feel like this is a "describe yourself" question and as such I will fail at it. I hate writing about myself. Well, lemme try.

I'm Dm. I'm a male and I live in Brazil. I have no idea what I want to do in the professional camp.
I dislike talking, but I like typing. I do not know why. I always feel as if I should say something, but I don't do; I think this comes out as a problem as, when I type with people, I find it hard to convey my thoughts in.. well, correctly; I always  take a turn here or a turn there, talking about a lot of stuff at once, and in the end not talking about any. I try to cover so many subjects I end up losing my own thought and forgetting what I need to do.

I'm probably a bit too honest for my own good. Although, as I said, I don't talk a lot, usually what I say comes out in a harsh tone. It's not even what one could say "He doesn't talk but when he does it's words of wisdom". It's probably the complete opposite. Since I don't know how to phrase myself well, I often sound rude. That also leads me into arguments, that I never wanted to get into but I continue them for the sake of continuing them.

I'm usually bored until something that interests me comes along. And as what interests me will slowly become boring as well, I'm almost always bored.
I don't really like going out or watching movies and I'm pretty much indifferent to just about most things that happen around me.
My sense of humor probably isn't good. Specially since it's hard to get sarcasm over the internet, that only makes it harder to type with people.

I have a lot of other things that I'd like to write here, but I feel as if they would be too personal. I guess you can count that as well -- I myself think that what I have to say isn't interesting and will just bore other people. In a way you could say I like considering myself just another one, trying to be "me" no matter what position I am in. Of course, actions I have done may lead you to believe otherwise, but then we go back to joking, taking seriously, bad conversational skills..

Oh, I guess you could also place here that I don't like overthinking stuff. I don't plan. I just go, and, shortly before what's going to happen happens, I decide on something to do and do it. Yes, this means I speedbuild decks before trials matches and tournaments and everything else I do in forums. I enjoy staying quiet thinking of several possibilities to myself, but I'm just... not motivated enough to start doing it when what I'm doing it for is just so damn long away.

I know a lot of what I have said here may seem contradicting. Meh. As I said, I fail "tell me about yourself" questions because I don't know myself well.

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1084196#msg1084196
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 06:23:00 pm »
Song for Jenk:

And no, I did not just go through and find a song with a name that fit.  I listened to 3 hours of this stuff (twice) while playing other games XD, and came back and relistened to the ones that I thought fit.

Why this song:
First: Name is Elementum XD
Second: I was picturing something like epic battle music (like something out of Lord of the rings).  If I picture a song to accompany gravity, I picture a battlefield with lines of graviton mercenaries and chargers (I actually think gravity is fairly soldieresque). 
First 20 seconds: Panning over Guards
20 - 42: Chargers are introduced
43 - 1:02: Forces charge at each other and whatnot
1:02 - 121: Fighting
1:22 - 1:40: Massive dragons come flying in
1:40 - 2:00: More carnage
2:01 - 2:24: Armagios come strolling in with a pan (scroll, not metal thing)
2:25 - 2:35: Armagios enter battle
2:36 - ...: Screen goes dark.

And now we have a kickass gravity trailer for Elements the movie XD.

Card for Bogtro:

Not going to make an actual card: but here is the concept.

Name: Energy Conversion
Element: Gravity
Type: Spell
Cost: 3|3
Effect: Doubles the attack of the creature in your first slot.  Gains passive "diffusion". 
Upgraded Effect: Doubles the attack of the creature in your first slot.  Gains passive "efficient diffusion".
Diffusion is a passive in which the creature loses 1 attack and gains 1 defense every turn until the attack reaches the base attack of the creature (it's potential energy resets). Creatures with diffusion cannot be affected by energy conversion (energy conversion does not add energy, it just converts it).
Efficient diffusion gives two hp to the creature a turn.
Thematic: Essentially creatures start with some potential energy, it is converted into kinetic energy.  As time goes on, creatures lose their kinetic energy, as it is converted into potential (Also, gravity is a huge factor in potential energy, I'm assuming heavier creatures have greater hp).
Why?: 
First: Gravity needs an unupped rush steroid.  This will help a lot.  Get out a charger and this and it is eight unstoppable attack for 8 quanta.  It gets a lot better in upped play.
Second: This gives chimera a HUGE boost, which is needed, as chimera is very lackluster, and not used in decks other than OTK's.  Chimera automatically moves to your first slot, generally has a lot of attack (for a large boost), keeps it's momentum, and gains hp to combat gravity pull.
Third: This can work with Otyugh's, even without any attack.  Momentum an oty in the first slot + use this.  That turn it has 5 hp and 1 attack.  Next turn it has 6 hp and 0 attack (if you keep eating hp will keep rising at 2 a turn). 

Balance: In my eyes seems to be pretty balanced with attackwise and gravity's creatures.  Compare to dive.  No upkeep, but lasts a bit longer.  Upgraded is quite good, but generally your first creature is fairly weak.  An 8 attack creature for 4 quanta + 2 cards is quite good, but not horribly OP when concerning upgraded play (you could have 2 frogs, which are more CC resistant and do 2 more damage/more damage in the long run).

Naming and stuff is obviously available to change.
May post this in CIA, may not.  If somebody would like to do it for me, go ahead :P.

Answer to Tiko (about describing me and stuff):
Well my name in real life is Will.  I be 19 years old going to college with a full ride.  Slacking off and doing absolutely nothing during the summer XD.
I pretty much wake up pretty early (early for being  during the summer with no job) and go help my dad and grandmother at my grandmother's farm for an hour or two, then come back, play airsoft, hang out with friends, that kind of stuff.  I have pretty cool hair in my opinion (although it is a tad long now).  As far as I know, I'm a pretty awesome guy, got plenty of friends that sort of stuff.  Somehow I am still playing this game with a great computer and other things to occupy my time (I blame an awesome community).  Unlike dm, I do like talking, and I do it quite fast, unfortunately I have a slight stutter, but other than it being super annoying, nobody really minds and people in this day and age are nice enough to not mention it, it hasn't held me back or anything.  And I now have no clue why I am talking about that.  Damnit Tiko, give me a narrower question XD.

My philosophy on life is to not stress out over anything, and just let "shit" happen.  For example, I am essentially a junior in college, but I don't know what I want to do yet.  Chose a double major though, so hopefully I will take classes and see what I want.  Another thing is, I don't rage at video games.  Ever.  If something bugs me, I realize that it is just a game, lame stuff happens, and it is fully my choice to play it.  A game is only as important as I elevate it.  For example, (taking elements) if RNG kills me, I just say "GG" and take it, because honestly, it happens to everybody, so everybody should stop bitching about it.  I get good RNG as well as bad, same with everybody, that's the point of RNG.  You can't change it, so bitching about it won't do anything at all.  Also, I use a bit of profanity, however not to "curse at somebody", more of a "sentence enhancer XD".  Some words just more accurately show the connotation I feel. 

I'm a pretty chill guy, but I do stuff when it is necessary and don't shirk my duties.  Also, I'm still not sure if I answered Tiko's question, but hey, you get what you get. 

My signature is too messy to read >.<

anything
blarg: