Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: July 01, 2013, 10:32:44 pm

*Author

Offline OnizukaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082678#msg1082678
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »
Phase 3 - Community Vote

Phase ends when above poll expires.

It's time to vote for your favorite Master candidate!  Every community member has one vote. You can change your vote at any time as long as there is still time on the clock.

Vote based on who you think would make the best Master of that element. Do not vote based on who is the best player or who you know personally. Try to pick someone who you think would help the community the most.  Feel free to ask the candidates difficult questions to help you make your decision.

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082689#msg1082689
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:44:09 pm »
As usual, I will assume you are not interested in the useless speech of mine as to why he should be named master of gravity. In fact, I know many dislike me because I'm often outspoken and have no idea how to contain my words in a way to make them sound pretty instead of rude. I guess that's just me. If I feel it's a need, I will then do a resume.. maybe if people ask me about it.. explaining why I am here, and why I want what I want. I do not know. Maybe.

As usual as well, I do not have the.. habit, of placing all my answers in a single post, and as such they will be scattered across the thread. I apologize.

Let us start.

@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

(separate question) Name one song that represents your element in your eye.
Yes would be the easy way out, but "No" is what I want to say. But I also want to answer "Yes". I don't consider myself the best. I -could- be the best? Yes, anyone has -potential-. I'm currently not the best, no. There are better PVP'ers out there. But to answer that question truthfully, what is a master to you? If you would define best possible Master as one who loves his element, then yes, I would probably be that master. If you would define it as best PvPer, then no, I'm far from it.  I'm probably not the best possible master for my element, not right now, maybe not in the future, but at least I'll try. In my eye? I don't think I see anyone in our current community that I could view as "best possible master". That's just me; maybe I have too much of a view for masters and trials. Meh.

Out of the current challengers, which is just me and Laxa, I think I've been running for trials for more time (I.E -- I've been wanting the Gravity Master title longer, so I may have had more time to attempt to understand Gravity more), but I may not be such a good PvP'er (Although, Phase 2 results such as me closely 3-2'ing him may lead you to think otherwise, I do not have enough data to say which of us is a better PvP'er). I think we're both pretty balanced out, and both of us would probably be "good" Masters -- Just not in the same sphere of good master definition, which means it changes to the observer. I'd prefer to have a master more of my own style, though -- But that's obvious.

Quite obviously, Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom would represent us well. I just find it adorably cute. (This answer may or may not be a joke.)

Edit : Fixed link, fixed speech, fixed quote place, fixed, fixed, fixed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:08:53 am by Dm1321 »

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082704#msg1082704
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:23:31 pm »
@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?

Detailing : out of the current challengers.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082716#msg1082716
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:56:48 pm »
Well, it appears that Jenkar ninja'd my post XD.  Hey, not my fault that gravity is slow :P.

@all contestants : do you consider yourself the best possible master for your element? If so, why. If not, who is in your eye, and why?  And something about a song representing your element...

Out of me and dm, yes I do believe that I would be a better master.  If we drug nils into here, HELL YES I would be a better master.  Not that nils isn't proficient or anything, just he goes missing for a LOT of the time.   

Now, back to me and dm.  Went and scrolled through the war threads, and dm does have a war on me, simply because he has been here for longer than I have.  It is also true that he has tried for more trials than I have (though that does say something in itself :P).  We have both been in trials finals, I believe my game was closer though (only lost because of stupid single illegal card), but again, that doesn't mean a whole lot.  One advantage I do have is that he was not in the last war, so my knowledge is a bit more up to date, also, I definitely know what brought down are team.  Because of that, I will be hella active.  Especially with little distinguishing me and dm in terms of pvp skill (still smarting from that loss), I feel that the better of us will simply be the one that is more active, and I plan for that to be me.  As of now I am still playing in pvp events and I am a PvPO kicking off the super awesome Colosseum II, and I always make my matches.  I never missed anything in war, I even solo'd an entire round because my team was inactive, and the last thing I was inactive for was brawl, just because our team started sucking and nobody showed up.  I still got my submission in each week, it was just a bit lacking in quality (although apparently some voters disagree).  Despite a love for an element being a big deal, it is very hard to distinguish between each challenger's feelings (except for maybe majofa going for two elements :P).  I feel that the master's main responsibility is war, and I am ready to do this.  I was kind of glad that I didn't make master last trials, just because I was scared I would have no clue what the hell to do in war.  But I've been in it twice, seen two teams fail, and know what to do to fix it.  Gravity, especially with the gravy guard buff, is capable of being a top contender in war, and I plan to make it so. 

On the song, gimme a bit, gonna listen to some epic music, try and find something.

Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?
Yes, of course.
I joined brawl, but I wasn't really a huge fan of it.  Part of that is due to getting a task that I wasn't a huge fan of (although off topicker was fun in a lot of ways).  Being the leader is meh.  If I was to join it, it would just be to show face, and not because I really wanted to do it.  So unless there are some changes, or brawl 3 just looks really badass, I probably will not be.  However, I may join as not-leader if I want to do one of the other roles. 

To all Trialing:

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?

There are so many to like.  Unupgraded, it is definitely catatitans.  It gives gravity the unupped boost it needs to have a competitive rush.  Plus, with only 5/6 off element cards, it is pretty close to a mono. 

Partially upgraded would be the mass of dbh variants.  I personally like running Chargers and diss field (although I don't always for quanta stability).   This is because it pretty destroys everything.  There are very few decks that can actually beat it, and is fantastic upgraded, partially upped, or unupped.  I chose this for partially unupped, as you can upgrade the pends for a 0th turn discord.  Unupgraded you get a slower disco, and fully upped your opponent can burst faster.  This deck is something that your opponents fear, and have to keep in mind while deckbuilding the entire time. 

Partially upgraded but on the heavier upgraded side would be Cheetah.  Thats the hourglass/sundial + catamagio deck I used this trials and last trials. I love it because it has a hell of a lot of synergy.  Sundial plus low attack creatures, and hourglasses for burst damage.  Also, it is completely my idea, and didn't nab the idea anywhere else on the forums.

Finally, fully upgraded, I like PU-overdriven chargers.  Not the most CC resistant, but doesn't give a shit about shields, versatile, (Overdrives are CC, lobo, PU can be used on your own or opponents chargers), you can fit in silences (favorite card in the game), as you have great burst potential, and it is just very fun to see huge attack chargers coming down on your opponents. 

I apologize for having more than 1 deck, but I feel like these are different categories that need different mentions, as gravity changes A LOT going from unupped to upped.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:45:57 am by Laxadarap »
My signature is too messy to read >.<

Opsinis

Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082813#msg1082813
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 04:49:12 am »
Dm: Give 3 qualities Laxa has that would make him an excellent Master of Gravity.

Laxa: What are 3 areas of improvement you will consider in regards to nilsieboy's mastership, should you become master?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:09:08 am by Opsinis »

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082824#msg1082824
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 06:03:44 am »
I apologize for the short responses, I will edit them and get lenghtier ones when I'm through these finals (this is just a 3 A.M study break post for me.)
I agree.

Time to get these question out of the way:

Do you plan to general your element for war?
If nothing changes, do you plan to attempt to lead your element in brawl?

If nothing changes, most likely yes. (War)
If nothing changes, most likely no. (Brawl)

To all Trialing:

What is your favorite deck, including your element, and for what reason has this deck become
so important to you?
Chaos Power + Charger is one of my favorite decks, together with the classic Frozen Cata Magio -- The former, because it is one hell of a rush (I easily outrushed speedbows with it when they were still the hype, and even got EM's when the deck included BH). The latter? I don't know. It grew into me and has won (and lost) me so many matches, that when I think of a good match, I think of using it. It seems.. wrong not to use it.

[/quote]

To all Trial participants in elements that have two participants and/or do not have a defending Master.  Do you think your chances at Master-ship have changed if you were in a full element with a defending Master?

Yes. They'd be a bit lower (I'd have to bypass the master in the finals) but over-all it'd be almost the same thing. Just more work during phase 2 =P

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.
OBVIOUSLY... Forum Only.

Waat? No, listen carefully.

I have a problem with questions like this. I have a certain ideology related to Masters, Trials... and it involves the Element.

I believe a Master should, yes, represent his element well, have PvP skills, blah blah blah.

Likewise, he SHOULD attempt to show his element is good, he SHOULD participate in Forum "stuff" overall, because that's where people are, and if you're well versed Game only, you wouldn't have the chance to prove your element to others, or contact others -- you'd just miss out on a lot of opportunities that could make your Mastership so much better.
I feel bringing your Element to people and actively trying to show it, trying to talk to people, is a -need- for a good master. I -do not- want ANY master who is 100% PvP (game) and 0% community (forum). I could, however, deal with 0% game and 100% forum. It's not optimal, but for me, for what I believe a master should be, community is Definitely more needed for the master to be the master I like.
If I was FORCED to pick between those, I would, no doubts, choose forums. (Lenghtier response later)

Dm: Give 3 qualities Laxa has that would make him an excellent Master of Gravity.

Don't get me wrong, but I struggle to find 3 qualities of mine, much less 3 qualities of other people.

Laxa is active and loves gravity, just like I do and am. What else do you need, really? You could say my first post in this thread would open on this subject.

Chirp? Chirp chirp trill chirp?
*Preens*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:21:29 am by Dm1321 »

Offline justaburd

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082836#msg1082836
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:47:55 am »
*Preens*
Chirp! Trill warble chirp chirp chirp! Trill?
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1082950#msg1082950
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:06:03 pm »
*Preens*

Chirp. Chirp chirp chirp, warble, chirp! Warble warble trill chirp chirp.
Tilts head, as if awaiting the response...

To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Edit:  I left a word.
Ermehgurd there are no plans.

Ask for GMT of everyone, available times, and we will do our best to coordinate as effectively as we can through things such as sync.in (If you can not be active when most of the team is online, then leave your ideas and worries in the "writing" pad on the left of the chat and they will be adressed when we log in.) Etc. etc. No one should (or will be) left out if I end up being master and making a team.

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

I was connected when I jumped and didn't float away; I'm connected everywhere because I'm on the planet Earth, which has Gravity. :gravity :gravity :gravity. (This answer may or may not be a joke, and I'm taking the gravity sense very literally. If you're going to be figurative and think about gravity cards and associate it with "fatness", then the answer will obviously differ.)

Offline justaburd

• Reputation Power: 12
  • justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.justaburd is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Chirp!
  • Awards: Gold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1083010#msg1083010
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 04:23:54 am »
*Preens*

Chirp. Chirp chirp chirp, warble, chirp! Warble warble trill chirp chirp.
Tilts head, as if awaiting the response...

* justaburd gives a short chirp of satisfaction

btw, /me.
Chirp? *looks around*

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1083104#msg1083104
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 04:47:02 pm »
* Dm1321 hops around happily, now understanding how the bird acts.

@All Trialists/defending masters:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

No.

Because I love gravity. I would not want to be the master of anything, other than Gravity. That's pretty much final for me. Wouldn't feel right and it goes against all that I like in trials and the title of "Master".

You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?

Note, saying "Is this question an acceptable answer to itself?" is not an acceptable answer to this question.

If my girlfriend is eight month pregnant, but we only met six months ago... and I'm on a train going at 50 MPH, and someone gave me four apples... then where the hell are my apples?

To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.
I suck at card design.

Reserved place for possible card.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:48:42 pm by Dm1321 »

Offline farscape

• Reputation Power: 5
  • farscape is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Emperor Crichton
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1083270#msg1083270
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 05:23:59 pm »
To all  :gravity trialists:
Who are the famous scientists associated with the forces of Gravity ?

Offline Laxadarap

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Laxadarap is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: 7th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 7th Trials - Phase 3 Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50067.msg1083489#msg1083489
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 06:39:44 pm »
Laxa: What are 3 areas of improvement you will consider in regards to nilsieboy's mastership, should you become master?
First one is definitely and by far activity.  Nils is a great deckbuilder, just he has to be there.
Responsiveness: Kind of like activity.  Even when not in war and is actually their, nils is infamous for not answering pm's for scheduling.   He just figures he will run into you/me in chat.
Selectiveness: Possibly because he wasn't compltely active throughout auction, but our team had somebody who could not access chat.  Somebody who didn't know we had a Titanpad until round 3, and somebody who just pretty much never showed up.  We would have done a lot better with a stronger team.

To all  :gravity trialists:
Who are the famous scientists associated with the forces of Gravity ?

This is a silly question.  All of them are.  As long as you live in the universe, you are associated with gravity XD.

To all:
Describe your plan for coordinating efforts among your War team across global time zones.

Honestly, I don't feel like that is that huge of a problem.  As long as you get a team that actually enters titanpad, we will not have an issue.  Something we did great in my first war was had a spreadsheet and essentially just did a lot of tests.  If you give your team an assignment, they can easily do it, leave feedback/modications, and then leave.  Real time talking is not necessary.

To all Trialists:

Would you rather have a master well-versed in the forum only or well-versed in Elements the Game only?
Explain.

Not sure how to answer this because it seems kind of like a trick question.  In order to become master, you have to be well versed in pvp, unless you have pure RNG haxxx, and if you can bring that to war, more power to ya.  Meaning that you have to be versed in ETG, so you can't be forum only.  Also, a master's main duties are defending trials and playing in War.  There is not a whole lot more too it.  (Playing war includes propaganda, auctions, stuff like that).  You don't need to be a master to hold a staff position or contribute to the forums, so I would rather have a pvp master.

*Laxadarap picks up stone, waits for second bird.

I love this best...
Boom Bammm Booom Boomm Boomm

*Puts on sunglasses, watches epic explosions.

To all Trialists:

How and where are you connected to the Element you are trialing for outside of Elements the Game?

Pretty much what dm said, not much more too it.  (Thanks dm XD).  Also, gravy tastes pretty damn good.

@All Trialists/defending masters:

If your first choice element was full, would you switch to another element? If yes, what element and why. If no, why?

This is hard, first of all, I don't expect I would be kicked out, secondly, I would actually get off my ass and grind again to make sure I didn't get kicked out.  My second favorite element is aether, so I would consider going that (it happens to have my favorite card), and such great duos.  As you guys can probably see, I attempted to get on team aether last war (but not for less love for gravy, because I wanted to see how a winning team wins, so I could come back and do the same with gravy).  As for mastership, no, I don't think I would.  A master has to be loyal to an element in my opinion, I want to be one of those masters where the community thinks: Laxadarap -> Gravity, kinda like higs and aether, or will and life.

To everyone:

Design a card that is more or less balanced using typical balance formulae, yet would increase your element's power significantly. In other words, identify where your element is weak and design a card to remedy this.

Will think on this: but as of now, gravity's weakness is unupped rush.  I personally feel that is fantastic in everything else.  Arguably best CC/PC in game, QC, can rush, and can stall.  Also, great shield penetration.  Upgraded, gravity is pretty damn awesome. 

You are to ask yourself a question you can't answer. What do you ask yourself?
What is Rav's mind made out of? (I bet you can't answer it either)
See here for important answers to RR's life changing question

And more importantly - here's my rebuttal question, "What do you think is wrong with RR that he has to ask suck silly questions?"
Obviously because nobody knows what makes up his mind.

To all Trialists:

Reveal to the voters your current maximum lift on the bench press.

Well considering I am a small little dude (well not really just kinda lanky), I would do 10 reps at 90, 7 at 100, and 4 at 110.  Dem guns.  (Never actually cared to max).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:52:42 pm by Laxadarap »
My signature is too messy to read >.<

blarg: