*Author

Offline DevilLoss

• Reputation Power: 9
  • DevilLoss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Just a wandering ghost with no home.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg459984#msg459984
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 12:13:46 am »
what do you think has been the biggest problem for gravity over the course of all war's why has  :gravity never placed in even the top 5. What would you do diffrently to help gravity finally shine in the limelight?
The Devil what more is there to say.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg459985#msg459985
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 12:17:48 am »
what in do you think has been the biggest problem for gravity over th course of all war's why has  :gravity never placed in even the top 5. What would you do diffrently to help gravity finally shine in the limelight?
Again, not much time but I'll edit this later.

I think that bad choices in the start and in deck salvaging and discarding ruined gravity's chances quite a few times. I would (actually, I -will-, as a master or not) learn from the past wars and try to see and understand what and where were the mistakes to make sure that the choice that I make as a master is the best one to the team. (Or the best one with what I'm given.)

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460018#msg460018
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 01:04:31 am »
@All participants: It feels like Gravity's main weakness is the fact that decks keep being reused and easily predicted. Design a competitive war-legal deck that you would use as a surprise (e.g. a new/different strategy that would counter common counters).

Challenge: Design a halfway competitive deck that utilizes Chimera+Photon+Gravity Pull [The combo being played in that order].
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460133#msg460133
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 06:01:20 am »
reserved.
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460248#msg460248
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 03:46:37 pm »
@All participants: It feels like Gravity's main weakness is the fact that decks keep being reused and easily predicted. Design a competitive war-legal deck that you would use as a surprise (e.g. a new/different strategy that would counter common counters).

Challenge: Design a halfway competitive deck that utilizes Chimera+Photon+Gravity Pull [The combo being played in that order].
Not to say anything but I feel like I have done this already. My gravity trials 2 decks were not re-used (a lot. I assume I had at least one different, made-on-the-spot deck everytime.), and with a few minor modifications they would be war - legal and competitive decks. Specially the Blitz and the Wings, turns to be a good counter to the usual RT. I'll design a deck as soon as I find my mouse, so I'll be reserving 'tis post.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 5l9 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 745 745 747 747 747 747 747 74d 74d 74d 74g 8pq

I apologize if this is not what you awnted. As I understand, the photon GPull can be used upped, asin the war deck must follow war rules and be un-expected. If you want war rules accordingly chimera-photon-GPull, I'd go with the same deck, un-upped, with a few minor modifications.

Honey Badger.
55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55l 55l 55l 55l 55l 55p 562 562 562 562 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 621 621 621 80b 80b 80b 8pu

Offline Bootsza

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Bootsza is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Matey!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460357#msg460357
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 09:23:55 pm »
A question for all challengers:

During trials there is an (understandable) emphasis on PvP and deck building skills.  However, I believe that the role of a Master involves "community".   I believe that a Master should also be involved in promoting their element, helping to grow the Elements community and the general advancement of the game through things like events, card ideas, game balance changes, etc...

Do you agree with my view?  How would you go about fulfilling this "community" role?  Can you give any specific examples of how you would do this?  It can something as simple as "I would regularly post new deck ideas using gravity" or it can be as expansive as a strategy to bring all the community elements into promoting your element.

I realise this is a bit vague and open-ended.  I am mostly interested in what you think the Master's role in Community should be.
It is too late to apologise.  I have already forgiven you.

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460371#msg460371
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 09:54:28 pm »
Write a sonnet about Acceleration or Overdrive.
You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460391#msg460391
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »
Write a sonnet about Acceleration or Overdrive.
Lalala. Lalala. Overdriive.

A question for all challengers:

During trials there is an (understandable) emphasis on PvP and deck building skills.  However, I believe that the role of a Master involves "community".   I believe that a Master should also be involved in promoting their element, helping to grow the Elements community and the general advancement of the game through things like events, card ideas, game balance changes, etc...

Do you agree with my view?  How would you go about fulfilling this "community" role?  Can you give any specific examples of how you would do this?  It can something as simple as "I would regularly post new deck ideas using gravity" or it can be as expansive as a strategy to bring all the community elements into promoting your element.

I realise this is a bit vague and open-ended.  I am mostly interested in what you think the Master's role in Community should be.
I half answered this in majofa's "How would you be as a master" when I said I wanted to make gravity more well - known. Yes, I do agree with your view. I always tell my friends about elements the game, most of the time I promote Gravity (Mostly in Kong. Don't judge me. D: ). I do lack on the part of "Game balance changes, events and card ideas" section because I'm really never bothered to do them. Sure, I read (or try to) the sections as much as I can, though I find the concept of creating cards rather.. bland. I do have some ideas spark into my head once in a while that are generally new mechanics that I love to post, but I generally just blurt it out in chat and leave it there for anyone who actually wants to make something out of it. When people need help in balancing a card that they made, though, I try to help as much as I can.

I think that, on the "Community Role" I have done already a part of it with the "promoting" of my element and so on. Whether I become a master or not I do intend on making my activity ramp a bit and continue to post, whether it's about gravity or not, and become more actives in the sections in which I am, at the time, not.
I wouldn't make a strategy to have people supporting gravity all around and stuff. I'd just throw out some new gravity ideas, support my element, promote the ideas to others and so on. As a master, I do not believe I would have a ridiculously change on my posting action as in "POST ON GRAVY AND ONLY GRAVY, RAWR." I'd be a regular elements player; the only fact is that I would start promoting gravity a bit more, (nothing ridiculous though.) In the end, I'd be just your regular elements addict. With a title. I don't believe I need to change too much to become the "embodiment" of what a master should be. Masters are, after all, regular players dedicated and skilled at their own element of choice.

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460470#msg460470
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 02:38:16 am »
My challenge to all challengers and the master:
Build a  :gravity deck that uses 6 Gravity pulls and 6 momentums and beat a silver league deck. Have fun!

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460587#msg460587
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 11:52:19 am »
Sadly, time is important for a General. Which means I can't vote nilsie and am thus turning to Dm.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg460640#msg460640
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 03:57:16 pm »
My challenge to all challengers and the master:
Build a  :gravity deck that uses 6 Gravity pulls and 6 momentums and beat a silver league deck. Have fun!
On it!

PS: Bogtro just got his deck added into the answering post.

Upgraded GPulls and stuff. Gonna do one un-upped soon, so wait for it. Meanwhile, feast thee eyes on this close win against something that, if not for healing, would have lost quickly.

744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 745 745 745 747 747 747 747 747 747 74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 74d 74d 74d 74d 74d 74d 8pl

With no BH. Beating speedbow. Like a boss.

55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 55m 55m 55m 55p 55p 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55q 55r 55r 55t 55t 55t 55t 55t 55t 562 562 562 8pl

Offline agentflare

• Reputation Power: 10
  • agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.agentflare is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Card Ideas In Action WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team Death
Re: 5th Trials - Phase 3 - Community Vote https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=36646.msg461053#msg461053
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:14 pm »
well done Dm

anything
blarg: Dm1321